Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

Looks like Astronomy Tower is popular... out of stock on Amazon until the 29th!

One good thing about us "Yanks" having to wait until August: the supply situation would probably be even worse if the sets launched today in all territories.  I hope you managed to get an Astronomy Tower if you wanted one!  :classic:

MINIFIGURE PACK AVAILABLE IN THE US!!  GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT.  :wink:

Edit: Dammit, I hate the new VIP system.  In my haste, I redeemed $15 in LEGO Store/phone order credit instead of for Shop at Home.  Now I have to call Customer Service bright and early in the morning.  But I'm so excited to at least be getting something Harry Potter this month!

Edited by RogueTwo

Every new harry potter set that released today, well the three that went up on the lego.com.au, are out of stock in the Australian store already. The rest are coming soon. Most of the shops don't have them here either. Target is getting them in july according to their customer service which makes me think Kmart and Bigw will be similar.  The lego store near me had everything except the Burrow, student pack, polly bag and The Dursley's house. The Owl and the Astronomy Tower sold out already. Not a lot of stock levels this year. I got Grawp and room of requirement so I'm happy. 

Edited by Micmac

12 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

The minifig pack is now on U.S. S@H. It says coming soon.

10 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Anyone know what coming soon means? It doesn’t say whether it comes out June or August.

I just ordered it....at least it’s something. :grin: 

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Hopefully by the time the sets release in the US that error will have been resolved. 

Silver lining I suppose...

It really sucks!!! I hardly ever buy from LEGO.com. And one of the few times I was planning to and waited up eagerly til midnight to order the sets, The two damn sets I wanted still aren't available! :-/ I was soo looking forward to buying SOMETHING today! :'(

Edited by chris6507

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

MINIFIGURE PACK AVAILABLE IN THE US!!  GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT.  :wink:

Thanks for the heads-up! Got it ordered, so hopefully it shouldn’t take too long before getting here. It’s not much consolation living in the states but it’ll hold me off for a little bit as I wait for everything else to release here

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

It really sucks!!! I hardly ever buy from LEGO.com. And one of the few times I was planning to and waited up eagerly til midnight to order the sets, The two damn sets I wanted still aren't available! :-/ I was soo looking forward to buying SOMETHING today! :'(

At least you can buy some of the sets

When I call LEGO Customer Service to get try to get my VIP points resolved, I'm also going to try to see whether they have any knowledge of a possible "early" July release in the United States.  I've still got my fingers crossed, but I'm thankful for the minifigure pack, and an August release is not the end of the world.  

The torso error in the Room of Requirement is disgraceful, though, no matter how good the Replacement Parts service is.  Kind of like the A-Wing I just bought, where literally every dark red piece is translucent.  These quality control issues make me maintain my belief that LEGO has gotten too big for its britches and puts profits ahead of quality.  Luckily, the Harry Potter designers still obviously put so much love and care into their designs.

30 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

At least you can buy some of the sets

Not really. 4 sets are still unavailable and 3 of them are out of stock! Lol. All good though. Just learned to temper my expectations when it comes to LEGOs delivery of their products! Lol.

LEGO UK and Argos have all the sets on sale now - all still in stock. Looks like the Burrow is a exclusive to Smyths toys as well. 

Managed to order the Burrow. Now, just to wait for the delivery...

I'm so confused with Ls@H aus right now. Why are 3 sets out, but the rest are not. All retailer don't have it have, although the release date is today. What is going on lego. Hiddenside, city, friends and disney are all out, with the same release date. But harry potter is so disorganised. The student pack is on US LS@H, but not Aus LS@H although again they have the same release date. Does anyonw know why this happened. specifically the part about only 3 of the sets being on S@H

I don't get it myself. Whenever a movie is set for release date, it is in store, online, everywhere the day it is released if not earlier. Same with video games, Music, Books... Why is it so hard for LEGO to have their products on shelves on release date???

Just now, chris6507 said:

I don't get it myself. Whenever a movie is set for release date, it is in store, online, everywhere the day it is released if not earlier. Same with video games, Music, Books... Why is it so hard for LEGO to have their products on shelves on release date???

you and me both

Although there was a cool moment today when it was just us australians chatting here. I didn't know there was so many of us.

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Ha! Yeah right. Nah really though y’all have fun, there’s nothing like grabbing several crisp LEGO boxes off the shelf and heading to the checkout line (ordering online is fine too but there’s something special about buying them in store that I’ve always preferred). 

I much prefer buying them in person. Waiting for them to be shipped aside, it’s so much more rewarding & exciting going to a store & seeing full shelves & actually getting your hands on the new sets. 

8 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Just ordered them all. So excited for the Burrow, it’s everything I wanted and more. I’ve got two days off in a row this week so a film marathon with building I reckon!

This is the only way to do it. Gotta watch the ones the sets are based on as well.

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

I much prefer buying them in person. Waiting for them to be shipped aside, it’s so much more rewarding & exciting going to a store & seeing full shelves & actually getting your hands on the new sets. 

This is the only way to do it. Gotta watch the ones the sets are based on as well.

Reckon I might just start on Order of the Phoenix, makes sense to me.

also just ordered myself another whomping willow set, been meaning to buy one to bulk up the willow and get some extra parts for the castle. Did it with Hogwarts express the other week, extended the platform and added another carriage.

its amazing how many of these sets are beneficial from getting multiples

3 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Not really. 4 sets are still unavailable and 3 of them are out of stock! Lol. All good though. Just learned to temper my expectations when it comes to LEGOs delivery of their products! Lol.

That’s still my inability to read

Edited by sammy_zammy
I can't read

5 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

That’s still “some sets”..,

4 Unavailable Sets + 3 Out of Stock Sets = 0 sets available to buy! Rofl.

Edited by chris6507

I thought it prudent to stay up and order my Burrow set at just gone midnight as I thought that would be a poplar set anyway and then add in the fact it's an exclusive and it would be likely to go on backorder quickly. I also thought the backorder would be a little longer with the situation at the moment. But I'm so glad I stayed up as I woke up this morning and it's on backorder to ship in 60 days! I also got the student pack at the same time so I'm happy. :)

Also, the advent calendar link that appeared on Amazon (as pointed out by He Who Shall Not Be Named) is still live, but it says Temporarily Out Of Stock, so 1st June obviously wasn't the release date.

Edited by BacktoBricks

28 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

4 Unavailable Sets + 3 Out of Stock Sets = 0 sets available to buy! Rofl.

Lol sorry I had just woken up and hadn't gained the ability to read today yet. Oops :hmpf:

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Also, the advent calendar link that appeared on Amazon (as pointed out by He Who Shall Not Be Named) is still live, but it says Temporarily Out Of Stock, so 1st June obviously wasn't the release date.

Funny how that’s probably the only truthful bit of information we got of out of him :head_back: 

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I thought it prudent to stay up and order my Burrow set at just gone midnight as I thought that would be a poplar set anyway and then add in the fact it's an exclusive and it would be likely to go on backorder quickly. I also thought the backorder would be a little longer with the situation at the moment. But I'm so glad I stayed up as I woke up this morning and it's on backorder to ship in 60 days! I also got the student pack at the same time so I'm happy. :)

I did the same thing. But unfortunately the burrow and student packs never came out in Australia. Only update we've had is that LEGO changed the status from "Coming Soon 1st June 2020" to "Coming Soon". :-D

Bit the bullet and got the two new small Harry Potter sets from my local lego shop. Loving the new Grawp figure but could't help but alter him slightly. He is actually quite ugly from behind so I prettied him up. 

Lego Gwarp

Why does he have a tree growing out of his back?

Also baffles me that your local LEGO store has those sets when LEGO online store doesn't. Makes no sense to me.

Edited by chris6507

Can anyone help, I purchased the Burrow and a couple of other sets earlier and got the free hot rod, everything was in stock. I then got an email half an hour later saying the Burrow was out of stock and there was a 60 day wait!

This is the first time I've ordered off the lego shop, so will they wait to post everything till the Burrow comes back in to stock or will they split the order, post the items that are in stock now and then send the Burrow at a later date?