Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Email LEGO Customer Service immediately and hope for the best (and call them in the morning).  That's a tough situation, but they may be accommodating.  Good luck with your points, and have fun with the sets, everyone!

I'm so jealous!  All we get in the US is exclusive rates of COVID and racism... :sick: :damn:

There’s just as much racism everywhere else, it’s a messed up world. I’m jealous too, I wish we could be getting those sets now with everybody else. All in good time I suppose but it doesn’t make it any less irritating 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I wish we could be getting those sets now with everybody else

At least we get the defects first though ‘eh ????

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

There’s just as much racism everywhere else, it’s a messed up world. I’m jealous too, I wish we could be getting those sets now with everybody else. All in good time I suppose but it doesn’t make it any less irritating 

It’s okay, we can tell you if they suck ?

Hey guys, been following the thread for a week now and I'm super excited about the new sets and potential D2C! Just wondering - do you guys have any idea if the 2018 wave is going to retire really soon? I still need the Hogwarts Express and Quidditch Match so I'm wondering if I should drive 40 min to a LEGO store to pick them up (they're out of stock everywhere else), or wait it out.

Does anyone in Australia know what's going on with the release date here? Is LEGO keeping these exclusive for a month and retailers not getting them til July or something? Because nowhere has them listed, and the few private online stores i've seen have estimated dates of July. I was so excited to get all the sets soon. But looks like I might only be getting the Burrow and Student pack for now as i'm not paying LEGO store prices for everything. That's like an extra $100.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

That too ??, seen as there isn’t much to discuss atm, something I’m interested in, are there any sets this wave you are anticipating being disappointed with just looking at them and not having your hands on them?

2 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Ha! Yeah right. Nah really though y’all have fun, there’s nothing like grabbing several crisp LEGO boxes off the shelf and heading to the checkout line (ordering online is fine too but there’s something special about buying them in store that I’ve always preferred). 

6 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Does anyone in Australia know what's going on with the release date here? Is LEGO keeping these exclusive for a month and retailers not getting them til July or something? Because nowhere has them listed, and the few private online stores i've seen have estimated dates of July. I was so excited to get all the sets soon. But looks like I might only be getting the Burrow and Student pack for now as i'm not paying LEGO store prices for everything. That's like an extra $100.

I've been wondering the same 

I plan on calling my local target and a local toy store, to see if they have them. I'm only going to buy smallest 2 and get the AT for my birthday. 

12 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Hey guys, been following the thread for a week now and I'm super excited about the new sets and potential D2C! Just wondering - do you guys have any idea if the 2018 wave is going to retire really soon? I still need the Hogwarts Express and Quidditch Match so I'm wondering if I should drive 40 min to a LEGO store to pick them up (they're out of stock everywhere else), or wait it out.

We don't know. But none of them are listed as retiring soon so you should be safe for a while. They are still selling well so we have all agreed it wouldn't be surprising to see a longer than usual shelf life, especially for flagship sets like the Great Hall. I wouldn't worry about driving all that way as they're gonna be around for at least a while longer.

Everyone in the UK, just checked the Argos site and no sets are up yet, I will check later when I’m at work to see if anything is on there and let y’all know ☺️

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

20 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

That too ??, seen as there isn’t much to discuss atm, something I’m interested in, are there any sets this wave you are anticipating being disappointed with just looking at them and not having your hands on them?

The buildable Hedwig isn't really my thing but does look cool, so I can't really say that. I may get it on offer though as it's not too expensive. Other than that... no, not really! They all look super awesome. Maybe the RoR, not because it's bad but because it's a small set? I really can't say!

16 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Ha! Yeah right. Nah really though y’all have fun, there’s nothing like grabbing several crisp LEGO boxes off the shelf and heading to the checkout line (ordering online is fine too but there’s something special about buying them in store that I’ve always preferred). 

I've actually only bought two Lego sets in store (excluding CMFs) since I was a kid probably, the Aragog's Lair and Expecto Patronum. I agree there's nothing like getting one in person though! But I'd rather just order online if it's cheaper which it usually is. This probably won't change what with covid either.

Tbf I'm not gonna be buying any of them till they're on sale. Astronomy Tower was £80 at Amazon until today and Privet Drive was £60, but I'm waiting for a bigger discount (that was an unfortunate typo... I'll leave it to your imagination) than that - I'd like to work at completeing my 2018/19 collection before I move onto the new sets too much!

Edited by sammy_zammy

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

The buildable Hedwig isn't really my thing but does look cool, so I can't really say that. I may get it on offer though as it's not too expensive. Other than that... no, not really! They all look super awesome. Maybe the RoR, not because it's bad but because it's a small set? I really can't say!

I’m the same with the Hedwig, if there wasn’t an exclusive minifigure I wouldn’t pick it up, but I do think it’s quite cute so I think I’m gonna get it, but I’m the same tbh

Just ordered them all. So excited for the Burrow, it’s everything I wanted and more. I’ve got two days off in a row this week so a film marathon with building I reckon!

Just now, Whovastron said:

Just ordered them all. So excited for the Burrow, it’s everything I wanted and more. I’ve got two days off in a row this week so a film marathon with building I reckon!

That’s what I plan to do once I get all the sets, I’m not sure if I’m gonna build the RoR straight away or whether to save it until I have the rest of the sets ?

Just ordered The Burrow with the free hot rod, have the AT coming from Amazon on Tuesday too so I'm a happy camper! :sweet:

43 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I just checked Kmart and they have a bunch of the new sets. Yet, no Harry potter. They have hidden side, friends, city, creator, but No Harry potter ? I just checked Target online and they are the same. Oh no

55 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

8 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

I just checked Kmart and they have a bunch of the new sets. Yet, no Harry potter. They have hidden side, friends, city, creator, but No Harry potter ? I just checked Target online and they are the same. Oh no

Given those signs, with the independent stores saying estimated July and the big retailers having nada, I'm starting to think we won't see them widely in Australia for a few weeks - which is an extra shame given that all the retailers are running toy sales right now. Now even only two are available for purchase on LEGO.com and the rest are "coming soon". Sounds like another case of LEGO oopsy-ing Australian distribution, though this time they can have Covid as an excuse.

Oh well - whenever I do eventually get the sets, it will still be a happy day! My interest isn't diminished by having to wait longer. They'll show up eventually.

It would be EPIC if LEGO did a UCS Hogwart's Express, or even at least a motorized one.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Given those signs, with the independent stores saying estimated July and the big retailers having nada, I'm starting to think we won't see them widely in Australia for a few weeks - which is an extra shame given that all the retailers are running toy sales right now. Now even only two are available for purchase on LEGO.com and the rest are "coming soon". Sounds like another case of LEGO oopsy-ing Australian distribution, though this time they can have Covid as an excuse.

Oh well - whenever I do eventually get the sets, it will still be a happy day! My interest isn't diminished by having to wait longer. They'll show up eventually.

Awww. I was so looking forward to getting the Room of Requirement as an impulse buy to help me get through exam period . . :(

32 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Awww. I was so looking forward to getting the Room of Requirement as an impulse buy to help me get through exam period . . :(

Ik, I was planning on getting them this afternoon, but now I can't. 

31 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Good luck! I’ve got my last tomorrow (kind of neglected it compared to my others, glad it’s open book and 24 hours to do it...). I’ve been getting a few Lego sets to help me through it too, and also reduce lockdown boredom (some people on here suggested getting the HP advent calendar and it made a great lockdown calendar!) although I had to limit the number and size so I can take it all home.

43 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

3 hours ago, chris6507 said:

If you are happy to pay lego prices the Lego shop in Doncaster has the Room of requirement, Grawp and the Astronomy tower in. The Owl sold out at the weekend, they put it out early. No sign of the Burrow or Dursley's. Who knows when the other retail stores will get them in, nothing on kmart's coming soon. And kmart have sold their Harry potter lego  at inflated prices for the first two weeks the last two years and then reduced them to the cheaper prices. Annoying!

Also Target responded to someone on facebook and said they are getting them in in July in Australia.

Edited by Micmac
new info

8 minutes ago, Micmac said:

If you are happy to pay lego prices the Lego shop in Doncaster has the Room of requirement, Grawp and the Astronomy tower in. The Owl sold out at the weekend, they put it out early. No sign of the Burrow or Dursley's. Who knows when the other retail stores will get them in, nothing on kmart's coming soon. And kmart have sold their Harry potter lego  at inflated prices for the first two weeks the last two years and then reduced them to the cheaper prices. Annoying!

Also Target responded to someone on facebook and said they are getting them in in July in Australia.

Yeah, was starting to get the feeling that, that might be the case. But i'm pretty sure they normally come out in July everywhere here. So I was kind of surprised we kept hearing June. Looks to be the same case for the Jurassic World sets of which i'd like a couple of too. I was soo excited about June. But at least I still have the command and conquer remaster and pokemon expansion to look forward to in June! :-D