Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Jinzol said:

We should talk again more about Harry Potter and don't talk anymore about a random guy on instagram :)

Would love that if there was any news :blush:

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My guess is he wants to appear like he’s still in control of the situation even though his reputation just got shattered

Well, he proved impressively that he isn't :head_back:

3 minutes ago, Brick19_80 said:

71045 has been another number thrown around but I don’t believe thats the number of the HP D2C. We’ve  known about 75978 around the same time as the Burrow. If this was a supposed Second wave set then we’ve should have gotten images by now. If the D2C is coming September then the earliest we could see leaks is July. 

Ah right, I knew I forgot something. I think we'd only have seen the images if it had be an August release. If the second wave is meant to be released in September, the pictures will show up next month :sweet: I also expect to see the D2C in July but I doubt there will be any leaks about it.

Sorry to ask again, but does anyone know what time on average new sets drop on shop@home uk? Getting most from amazon but the Burrow and the students set is obviously only on S@H. 

We can continue speculating on stuff that we know is coming like the D2C and CMF.   Everything else that isn’t backed up by actual leakers should be taken with a grain of salt. 

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

Sorry to ask again, but does anyone know what time on average new sets drop on shop@home uk? Getting most from amazon but the Burrow and the students set is obviously only on S@H. 

For regular releases it’s usually around midnight. D2Cs on the other hand often don’t go on sale until 9-10am

12 minutes ago, Jinzol said:

We should talk again more about Harry Potter and don't talk anymore about a random guy on instagram :)

Besides there not being much to talk about a discussion about the shattered credibility of a major source of info definetely should be discussed here :tongue:

Even 75980 was meant to be a set in August, so I don't believe any early leaks.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

For regular releases it’s usually around midnight. D2Cs on the other hand often don’t go on sale until 9-10am

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The 400,- price is confirmed, it's on jedijacpenguin's website as well

Is not that just a page where all the rumours are gathered until Lego confirms them and a picture is added or they are deleted if they do not happen?
That's why they add all the question marks since they do not know right? Do not get me wrong I think it is a great site to visit when I want to get a overview since they have everything, but I am not so sure we can use it as a safe source unless we know where they got the info from in the first place :sceptic:

4 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Is not that just a page where all the rumours are gathered until Lego confirms them and a picture is added or they are deleted if they do not happen?
That's why they add all the question marks since they do not know right? Do not get me wrong I think it is a great site to visit when I want to get a overview since they have everything, but I am not so sure we can use it as a safe source unless we know where they got the info from in the first place :sceptic:

His website was just one example of a few sources confirming that pricetag. I'm sure of the pricetag being real

10 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

This price was found on a retailer that listed HP D2C as a 2020, so it's definitely real :wink:

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

His website was just one example of a few sources confirming that pricetag. I'm sure of the pricetag being real

He's not a reliable source tho, from what I know he's just a guy that makes a giant list from all the info that we have.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This price was found on a retailer that listed HP D2C as a 2020, so it's definitely real :wink:

Retails don't always have accurate prices.       Sometimes they are just guessing or hedging their bets.  Would an outside retail even have the info on a d2c that early anymore.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He's not a reliable source tho, from what I know he's just a guy that makes a giant list from all the info that we have.

I know and I'm not using him as a source but as he puts the most commonly rumored info on his website I mentioned it here

If the price wasn't real but it being DA was... tbh I think I'd prefer that. I've always said we need as complete a DA as possible (at least in terms of the major locations) but if its a $200 set instead of a $400 one, I'd be quite happy with Gringotts, Olivanders and maybe Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. And then, next year they could do something that I always said I didn't want; they could do a separate Borgin & Burke's.

Oh another thing I find odd. Why are his hints so inconsitently vague/specific? Sometimes it's the changing tires, which he does as a really vague post. Then sometimes it's quite literally, Borgin & Burke's will be in Diagon Alley, as a really specific reply to a comment! Why is it so varying in specificity and why would he reply to a random comment with that substantial info and not as a post? Seems weird he makes out he has a plan in his latest post, and yet some of his hints have been placed so randomly and in an unplanned way...

Edited by sammy_zammy

5 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

If the price wasn't real but it being DA was... tbh I think I'd prefer that. I've always said we need as complete a DA as possible (at least in terms of the major locations) but if its a $200 set instead of a $400 one, I'd be quite happy with Gringotts, Olivanders and maybe Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. And then, next year they could do something that I always said I didn't want; they could do a separate Borgin & Burke's.

I personally would rather them be modular, so £150 for a single building, but have them release several buildings over the years, I mean imagine a £150 Gringotts or WWW ??

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I personally would rather them be modular, so £150 for a single building, but have them release several buildings over the years, I mean imagine a £150 Gringotts or WWW ??

Yeah! It could replace the Hogwarts sets (hear me out).

As much as I love the Hogwarts extensions, there's only so far they can go with it. Of course there's the courtyard and bell towers, but there's no guarantee they're gonna continue to do all of them if the theme continues. Would the general public get bored of Hogwarts extensions? This would also allow them to retire some of the older ones (like Great Hall) without releasing a new ones that can be connected to the older ones, but won't be available to purchase with it.

Meanwhile, they could replace it with a series of DA modulars. They could always do some smaller Hogwarts sets like RoR, but this would allow for a completely new location to build up.

And then they could replace DA with a new series of Hogwarts parts, Star Wars repeat set style.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Yeah! It could replace the Hogwarts sets (hear me out).

As much as I love the Hogwarts extensions, there's only so far they can go with it. Of course there's the courtyard and bell towers, but there's no guarantee they're gonna continue to do all of them if the theme continues. Would the general public get bored of Hogwarts extensions? This would also allow them to retire some of the older ones (like Great Hall) without releasing a new ones that can be connected to the older ones, but won't be available to purchase with it.

Meanwhile, they could replace it with a series of DA modulars. They could always do some smaller Hogwarts sets like RoR, but this would allow for a completely new location to build up.

And then they could replace DA with a new series of Hogwarts parts, Star Wars repeat set style.

The thing is, the modulars would be D2C so it wouldn’t replace the Hogwarts parts, it would only replace the D2Cs whatever they are in the future

Please, for the love of everything that is good on this Earth, not that discussion again :distressed: It went nowhere the last five times and it won't go anywhere this time either :tongue: Curse you, pseudo-leaker-who-shall-not-be-named, for allowing this discussion to flourish again 

Please, for the love of everything that is good on this Earth, not that discussion again :distressed: It went nowhere the last five times and it won't go anywhere this time either :tongue: Curse you, pseudo-leaker-who-shall-not-be-named, for allowing this discussion to flourish again 

There are no leaks to discuss rn, even if a discussion goes nowhere it’s still fun to discuss things that may or may not happen ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

There are no leaks to discuss rn, even if a discussion goes nowhere it’s still fun to discuss things that may or may not happen ??‍♂️

It's not the pointlessness of that particular discussion that bugs me, it's the fact it comes up every couple of months. It's like discussing favourite ice cream flavours on repeat :head_back:

It's not the pointlessness of that particular discussion that bugs me, it's the fact it comes up every couple of months. It's like discussing favourite ice cream flavours on repeat :head_back:

If it involves different people then it shouldn’t matter ?, you can always ignore it ??

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Curse you, pseudo-leaker-who-shall-not-be-named, for allowing this discussion to flourish again 

Should that be a tease for Flourish & Blotts and...

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It's like discussing favourite ice cream flavours on repeat :head_back:

... Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour? Just kidding :tongue:

Witam, śledzę ten wątek od początku tego roku. Zarejestrowałem się żeby zadać nurtujące mnie pytanie, na które nieznam podpowiedzi z racij rozpoczęcia kolekcij dopiero od zeszłego roku. Mam już wszystkie sety z poprzednich dwóch fal i nieraz do moich zakupów dołączone były katalogi lego, ten z zeszłego roku ujawniał między innymi powóz. Tegoroczny katalog ważny jest tylko do maja, tak więc czy nowy ważny od czerwca niebędzie zawierał i nieujawni sierpniowych / wrześniowych zestawów, tak jak to zrobił katalog z zeszłego roku ?

11 minutes ago, Yaxley said:

Witam, śledzę ten wątek od początku tego roku. Zarejestrowałem się żeby zadać nurtujące mnie pytanie, na które nieznam podpowiedzi z racij rozpoczęcia kolekcij dopiero od zeszłego roku. Mam już wszystkie sety z poprzednich dwóch fal i nieraz do moich zakupów dołączone były katalogi lego, ten z zeszłego roku ujawniał między innymi powóz. Tegoroczny katalog ważny jest tylko do maja, tak więc czy nowy ważny od czerwca niebędzie zawierał i nieujawni sierpniowych / wrześniowych zestawów, tak jak to zrobił katalog z zeszłego roku ?

Good question, I guess it will all depend on when and how Lego chooses to reveal any currently undisclosed sets. I would guess June would be too early

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Oh no, I've been exposed, I'm really _kingnono_ :laugh_hard: 

Ha, I knew it! Well, as he seems to be German-speaking it's not impossible that he's from Switzerland like you :innocent: