Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

All that stage gear, do we get the weird sisters (?) singer fig?

I mean all his information about the sets was accurate, so there’s that. But now this is the first time he’s really been wrong, but it’s not like it’s a little detail, he was way off. I was really looking forward to that OOTP Sirius

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I mean all his information about the sets was accurate, so there’s that. But now this is the first time he’s really been wrong, but it’s not like it’s a little detail, he was way off. I was really looking forward to that OOTP Sirius

iirc people were saying before that most of “his information” about the sets was already fairly common knowledge, I may have read it wrong, but I’m sure that was like a whole conversation the other week about his genuineness and someone mentioned the set leaks and someone else said “we already knew, he just confirmed it”, but he may have only “confirmed it” because it was out there already ??‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly, when you think about it, he didn't actually give ANY info about the sets that we've seen. Diagon Alley, CMF, 75978 (if it's actually coming) and Advent Calendar yes, but we didn't honestly get even one piece of information about what we've seen.

And now that we see first set that he was talking about... and it turns out to be something absolutely different from what we've heard.

25 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

That’s 100% one of the Patil twins, she has black hair, not brown and I believe Parvati Patil wore a pink skirt type thing with an orange top and Padma Patil wore the opposite (orange dress type thing with a pink top)

I think you’re right! I should have given it a closer look, also the hairstyle is completely different, and she’s with Ron, I’m excited for that then, I’m hoping the other figs are exclusive.

1 minute ago, Legoniche said:

I think you’re right! I should have given it a closer look, also the hairstyle is completely different, and she’s with Ron, I’m excited for that then, I’m hoping the other figs are exclusive.

I hope so too, if we’re only getting the Patil twins as exclusives I’m definitely BLing them, last year we got 3, right? I know we got Dumbledore and McGonagall who were the same as sets, but was it only Harry, Ron and Flitwick that were exclusive? I genuinely can’t remember ?

3 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

So what other sources claim that the D2C Diagon Alley is actually coming, other than kingnono?

I, personally, haven’t seen any, only what Nono has said, I don’t recall seeing anyone else, but then I only ever come on here for leaks tbh

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I hope so too, if we’re only getting the Patil twins as exclusives I’m definitely BLing them, last year we got 3, right? I know we got Dumbledore and McGonagall who were the same as sets, but was it only Harry, Ron and Flitwick that were exclusive? I genuinely can’t remember ?

Hermione had an exclusive torso print so I’d count her as well, plus he gold statue which I like to count as exclusive- so I’d say 5, hopefully we get ATLEAST 3 this year 

1 minute ago, Legoniche said:

Hermione had an exclusive torso print so I’d count her as well, plus he gold statue which I like to count as exclusive- so I’d say 5, hopefully we get ATLEAST 3 this year 

See, that’s how bad my memory is, I completely forgot we got Hermione and the Statue at all ??

if we get 3 I’m personally hoping we get obviously the twins and maybe Cho, and if 4 I hope we get Roger Davies, so then we have dance partners for all the figures we have previously gotten

Harry (Clocktower) & Padma (AC)

Ron (Clocktower) & Parvati (AC)

Cedric (Clocktower) & Cho (AC)

Fleur (Clocktower) & Roger (AC)

Krum & Hermione (Both Clocktower)

Dumbledore (Clocktower) & McGonagall (Outfit barely changes so literally any set ?)

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

Wow a Yule Ball Advent Calendar is definitely unexpected! I haven't got the Clocktower yet and though I'm planning to at some point none of the figures from that set really interest me apart from Madame Maxine so this will probably be a pass from me. 

What I am intrigued by though is seeing which characters are included. The Triwizard Champions will probably stay exclusive but I think Ron, Harry, Hermione and the Patil twins are very likely. But if both Parvati and Padma are included maybe Krum will be too so all three of the trio have a dance partner? Alternatively I think Yule Ball versions of Dumbledore, Neville and Ginny are also possible. 

Wonder if we’ll get both Patil twins in the advent calendar .. Ron took Padma and Harry took Parvati as their dates ??

7 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

So what other sources claim that the D2C Diagon Alley is actually coming, other than kingnono?

I think a 400€ D2C was listed in various retailers, I could be wrong tho. About it being Diagon Alley... oh no. Was it only KingNono?

I hope it includes Krum just so they have a chance to redeem the face print 

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think a 400€ D2C was listed in various retailers, I could be wrong tho. About it being Diagon Alley... oh no. Was it only KingNono?

Now I’m genuinely concerned

5 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

But if both Parvati and Padma are included maybe Krum will be too so all three of the trio have a dance partner? Alternatively I think Yule Ball versions of Dumbledore, Neville and Ginny are also possible. 

I think Yule Ball Cho is more likely than another Krum, because then all we’d need is Roger Davies and all 4 champions would have their dance partners

Useless bit of information for Brits and anyone who likes British comedy, Roger Davies from Goblet of Fire is portrayed by the same actor that plays Donovan in the Inbetweeners ?

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I hope it includes Krum just so they have a chance to redeem the face print 

Now I’m genuinely concerned

Yes, me too. Seems like everything we looked forward to the last few weeks turns out to be nothing. Well, considering the store system info it is not absolutely unlikely to get a $400 DA. Let's keep at least some of the hope alive :sweet:

6 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Let's keep at least some of the hope alive :sweet:

Is it bad that I’m hoping it’s not DA, I think they pretty much nailed it in 2011 for $150/£130, I wouldn’t want to pay €400 for a set if I’m honest, the price is the only reason I don’t have Hogwarts, I would love to own it, but I have more important things to pay for

The original DA was €150, what more could you get for €250 (genuinely want to know, I’m not really into prices and all that so don’t know what extra €250 would get)

Just now, Roebuck said:

Micro fig DA back on the table?! :facepalm:

Omg, imagine the outrage ??

If the exclusives in the AC are the Patil twins it’ll be interesting to see what colour they use for the skin, I feel that the colour used for Cho is perfect for them, but then Cho is too dark for Cho, so would they make them the same colour? ?

15 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Is it bad that I’m hoping it’s not DA, I think they pretty much nailed it in 2011 for $150/£130, I wouldn’t want to pay €400 for a set if I’m honest, the price is the only reason I don’t have Hogwarts, I would love to own it, but I have more important things to pay for

The original DA was €150, what more could you get for €250 (genuinely want to know, I’m not really into prices and all that so don’t know what extra €250 would get)

It's definitely not bad because tastes differ :wink: I missed out on the 2011 version so I'd be happy to get a new one. I'd also love to get more shops than in 2011 so the high price tag would be reasonable to me. But I can understand that people are not willing to pay $/€400 for a Lego set. This is a lot of money.

Uh oh, this doesn‘t bode well for the CMF, the existence of 75978 and the DA D2C :oh3:

There‘s no way he could‘ve gotten it this wrong if he was actually in the know about the advent calendar, so something‘s definitely fishy here. Then again, why would anyone keep up this charade for multiple months? What is there to gain? I know we‘ve had plenty of false rumours over the years, but none of them managed to stay afloat for this long...

I hope at least the info about the DA D2C is correct, otherwise I‘d have to sharpen my pitchfork :devil_laugh:

2 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

It's definitely not bad because tastes differ :wink: I missed out on the 2011 version so I'd be happy to get a new one. I'd also love to get more shops than in 2011 so the high price tag would be reasonable to me. But I can understand that people are not willing to pay $/€400 for a Lego set. This is a lot of money.

I too missed out on the 2011 set and it’s goes for £450 now ?

I personally wouldn’t be too bothered about getting more shops, but I’d love to get more detailed shops, like a better interior for them all, but like you said, tastes differ ☺️

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

At first I assumed it was Hermione too, with the classic ‘princess’ hair style from The astronomy tower, but comparing with the Ron (we assume) next to her it does actually look like black hair, and she has darker skin tone and the dress slope (making her taller). I can’t imagine they would do one twin but not the other so this is great to see more never-before-made figures :)

The repeat Harry is a little annoying but his outfit is very similar to Neville at the Yule ball so I will just swap the heads from an extra from CMF2 :D

Edited by Bugbot20082

2 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

comparing with the Ron (we assume) next to her it does actually look like black hair

That is 100% Ron, you can see his ginger hair and red robes, and the hair is definitely black ?

The Patil twins would be an excellent addition, but I hope they‘re not the only exclusive minifigs. Yule Ball CrouchJr!Moody anyone? :laugh: