Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, KilZol said:

If you want to the sets for slightly cheaper in the UK Waterstones has a 10% discount code which is STAYALERT.

4 hours ago, Icebrick said:

Amazon also does discounts, and  you can find sets for great prices on bricklink.  With both of those options though you might have to wait a couple months so it really depends on how badly you want the sets.

Thank you both, yeah a couple of months is fine

1 hour ago, Rosie99 said:

Thank you both, yeah a couple of months is fine

There’s a review of the room of requirement on youtube for those who are interested :wink:

18 minutes ago, Legopls said:

There’s a review of the room of requirement on youtube for those who are interested :wink:

Wow, a whole week early as well! :laugh: Thanks for bringing that up, I'll definitely check it out

Edit: found a video on Youtube. The figures look a lot better here than they do in the rendered pictures

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone
Video link

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Wow, a whole week early as well! :laugh: Thanks for bringing that up, I'll definitely check it out

No problem! It’s in German tho. :classic:

19 hours ago, Rosie99 said:

Does anyone know where I can find new sets for a cheaper price? On a budget this year…

Nowhere in particular. Just shop around. Keep an eye on HotUKDeals and set up alerts if you like. It's not hard to find them at around 30% off, especially in the lead-up to Christmas, if you're patient.

56 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Nowhere in particular. Just shop around. Keep an eye on HotUKDeals and set up alerts if you like. It's not hard to find them at around 30% off, especially in the lead-up to Christmas, if you're patient.

Oh ok thank you very much

56 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The official 2020 Hogwarts setup will be included in the instruction manuals

Do you know what it will look like? Is it the same as the image someone recently shared from Amazon?

Edited by sebastian666
Nevermind. I realize now you just saw Marcos’ quote in his Insta stories. Can’t wait to see the official setup

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The official 2020 Hogwarts setup will be included in the instruction manuals

I asked the question, I'm too curious ?

5 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Edit: found a video on Youtube. The figures look a lot better here than they do in the rendered pictures

I don’t understand a word of German but I still found that very informative. I love the fact that it shows a closer look at the Ministry Educational Decrees, it’s so cute how they replaced the pointing finger graphic with a little gesturing minifigure hand. And you’re right, the minifigures all look much better in person than rendered. 

5 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

found a video on Youtube. The figures look a lot better here than they do in the rendered pictures

Looking at that video, is the door a new piece or is that an already existing piece? Apologies for my ignorance to certain pieces, I only collect/take interest in the HP sets so only know pieces used in those sets nowadays ☺️

7 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Looking at that video, is the door a new piece or is that an already existing piece? Apologies for my ignorance to certain pieces, I only collect/take interest in the HP sets so only know pieces used in those sets nowadays ☺️

I remember that door piece a from a long time ago. I remember having the 2004 Hagrid’s Hut and it had that door piece. That’s the door that has the big keyhole that fits those big molded key pieces 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I remember that door piece a from a long time ago. I remember having the 2004 Hagrid’s Hut and it had that door piece. That’s the door that has the big keyhole that fits those big molded key pieces 

Never seen it before ngl, but then I have only ever had 1 post-2018 Harry Potter set and that was the 2011 Dobby set ?, before 2018 I was purely DC Superheroes

34 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Never seen it before ngl, but then I have only ever had 1 post-2018 Harry Potter set and that was the 2011 Dobby set ?, before 2018 I was purely DC Superheroes

I actually never had any Lego Harry Potter sets before 2018 except for the 2004 Hagrid’s Hut. Didn’t have the money for the older sets when I was a kid and for the 2010-2011 sets I just prioritized other themes because I knew it would be temporary just like 2007, so I didn’t bother with it. Plus the style of the sets wasn’t updated enough for my liking. There wasn’t much effort. Some of the figures were nice so I went back later and collected the majority of them on eBay. But now I’m all in on the 2018+ sets. I have to buy every set, every CMF, every polybag, every D2C, every Advent Calendar, all of it because Lego is at a peak and these sets are coming out at the perfect time and they’re all amazing so I can’t miss them again

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I actually never had any Lego Harry Potter sets before 2018 except for the 2004 Hagrid’s Hut. Didn’t have the money for the older sets when I was a kid and for the 2010-2011 sets I just prioritized other themes because I knew it would be temporary just like 2007, so I didn’t bother with it. Plus the style of the sets wasn’t updated enough for my liking. There wasn’t much effort. Some of the figures were nice so I went back later and collected the majority of them on eBay. But now I’m all in on the 2018+ sets. I have to buy every set, every CMF, every polybag, every D2C, every Advent Calendar, all of it because Lego is at a peak and these sets are coming out at the perfect time and they’re all amazing so I can’t miss them again

I’m honestly the same except my 2004 was 2011 ??, I really regret not getting someone of the other sets tbh, like I absolutely love the 2011 Burrow set, I’m less annoyed now seen as we’re getting a new one, but it’s still a huge regret, but I totally agree with these new sets, they’re fantastic quality and I don’t have any BIG gripes with them, my main gripes are lack of specific characters, but 1) you can’t make everyone happy and 2) they might (and hopefully will) come in the future

You know what’s really sad? I still see people putting the skirt pieces on backward. How can people have entire accounts dedicated to Lego minifigures and not know which direction minifigure parts go? Rant over

You know what’s really sad? I still see people putting the skirt pieces on backward. How can people have entire accounts dedicated to Lego minifigures and not know which direction minifigure parts go? Rant over

Wait, is it not common knowledge of how to put a skirt on a minifig? I know I hate the piece, but I still know how to put it on ??

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Wait, is it not common knowledge of how to put a skirt on a minifig? I know I hate the piece, but I still know how to put it on ??

You don’t like the new skirt piece? Personally it’s one of my favorite newer molds, it’s been long overdue. I hated using the slope pieces they just didn’t look right

You don’t like the new skirt piece? Personally it’s one of my favorite newer molds, it’s been long overdue. I hated using the slope pieces they just didn’t look right

Ooooh, I’m a dum-dum, I thought you meant the fabric skirts like what they used on CMF Luna ?, no, I love the plastic skirt piece, I agree that the slope piece didn’t look right, it was too bricky, which is great for a Lego set, but for a minifigure with a dress/skirt/robe it’s gotta be flowy

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Ooooh, I’m a dum-dum, I thought you meant the fabric skirts like what they used on CMF Luna ?, no, I love the plastic skirt piece, I agree that the slope piece didn’t look right, it was too bricky, which is great for a Lego set, but for a minifigure with a dress/skirt/robe it’s gotta be flowy

Yeah I’m not a fan of the cloth skirts either. I feel like they have their place but they’re annoying

Yeah I’m not a fan of the cloth skirts either. I feel like they have their place but they’re annoying

I agree, I was literally thinking that like 2 minutes ago, you couldn’t get the detail from the skirt onto Luna’s posable minilegs, so the skirt is the best option, but I don’t like that you can’t really pose her now so it kinda defeats the point of having the posable legs ??

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I agree, I was literally thinking that like 2 minutes ago, you couldn’t get the detail from the skirt onto Luna’s posable minilegs, so the skirt is the best option, but I don’t like that you can’t really pose her now so it kinda defeats the point of having the posable legs ??

Yup. I like what they tried to do with the Astronomy Tower Luna, but to me it looks too strange. This is a time where I think a printed cloth skirt would have done a better job at depicting Luna’s dress than the printed dual molded legs. Same with Hermione. And honestly Lavender should have one too to be more accurate. But who knows, maybe in person the way they did it will look a lot better

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yup. I like what they tried to do with the Astronomy Tower Luna, but to me it looks too strange. This is a time where I think a printed cloth skirt would have done a better job at depicting Luna’s dress than the printed dual molded legs. Same with Hermione. And honestly Lavender should have one too to be more accurate. But who knows, maybe in person the way they did it will look a lot better

100%, it worked back in 2011 (the older version of CMF series 1 Luna) because they didn’t have the skirt piece, but I agree they should use them, does it cost more to print onto a skirt rather than the legs? ??

Is anyone else still baffled by Kingnono’s latest clue...?

“Don’t expect too many leg prints. If you see pictures and the name of the D2C set you get my hint: 75978 and Diagon Alley are not the same set.”

The more I re-read this, the more I think 75978 could be a Gringott’s Vault add-on to the Diagon Alley set. Maybe a mini coaster.

The minifigs could be two Goblins, Year 1 Harry, and Hagrid. All four of these figures would also probably have the same short black legs - no prints.

Whatever it means, it sounds to me like he is hinting at some connection between the Diagon Alley set and 75978.

I’m curious to hear what other folks think...

Edited by sebastian666

18 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Is anyone else still baffled by Kingnono’s latest clue...?

“Don’t expect too many leg prints. If you see pictures and the name of the D2C set you get my hint: 75978 and Diagon Alley are not the same set.”

The more I re-read this, the more I think 75978 could be a Gringott’s Vault add-on to the Diagon Alley set. Maybe a mini coaster.

The minifigs could be two Goblins, Year 1 Harry, and Hagrid. All four of these figures would also probably have the same short black legs - no prints.

Whatever it means, it sounds to me like he is hinting at some connection between the Diagon Alley set and 75978.

I’m curious to hear what other folks think...

If 75987 turns out to be a Gringotts add on instead of the speculated Ministry battle then I’d hope it would be the dragon escape from Deathly Hallows. It’s not like there isn’t a bit of a precedent for Lego to skip ahead a bit (Hogwarts Express) and one of Kingnono’s early hints was a quote from Hermione polyjuiced as Bellatrix. I’d rather get Hagrid and year one casual clothes Harry in the Diagon Alley set, since that outfit for Harry is much more iconic in the Ollivander’s scene.