Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I’d love to see a Lego Peeves as well, shame he was cut from Philosopher’s Stone ?

Well if you'll allow me to be pedantic, Lego did make a Peeves back in 2001, I've even got the minifigure somewhere. Image in spoiler.

Spoiler

hp010.jpg

5 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Well if you'll allow me to be pedantic, Lego did make a Peeves back in 2001, I've even got the minifigure somewhere. Image in spoiler.

Oof, that is the most hideous thing I’ve ever seen lmao, and you’re not being pedantic, that’s exactly what I asked for it’s just... so so ugly ???

10 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

What happened with Jabba's Palace?

The set came under fire, despite being from a 40 year old movie,  for being “racist” because the Palace resembled a religious building in Turkey and said since it was home Jabba, a villain, it portrayed negative stereotypes about Muslims. The set was pulled from shelves(which says was unrelated).

I completely understand that, that is a very smart thing to do, unfortunately when it comes to Lego I don’t have smart brains, I have “I want every single set” brains ??

Can relate lol. I'm just glad I'm into Harry Potter not Star Wars sets, of which there are double the quantity at double the price!

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Can relate lol. I'm just glad I'm into Harry Potter not Star Wars sets, of which there are double the quantity at double the price!

Oh god, don’t when I first started collecting Lego it was because the TFA MilFal was on sale 75% off but I decided to go with DC rather than Star Wars, then they announced Harry Potter ?

4 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That would be great, especially for recreating scenes on the Hogwarts Express and the boats over the lake! I was sure such a torso would be included in the Build Your Own Adventure book with the Sorting Hat from last year but they just reused the Gryffindor one.

Yeah I hadn't thought of that with the BYOA. It'd be perfect for it!

25 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Hide contents

hp010.jpg

Lego has shown that they are willing to do non-movie characters for Harry Potter resently as Lucian Bole was in the recent quidditch set.

6 minutes ago, KilZol said:

Lego has shown that they are willing to do non-movie characters for Harry Potter resently as Lucian Bole was in the recent quidditch set.

I'm pretty sure that that figure was based on Terrence Higgs (the seeker from Philosopher's Stone) and just mislabeled. The hair is a match, and the face is a good likeness.

5 minutes ago, KilZol said:

They didn't make him as much as just used his name.

Lego have shown they are willing to do non-movie characters as long as it takes them zero effort. :laugh:

Has anyone noticed the error on the Marauder's Map? I love that they finally made one, but they could have double-checked the positioning of the folds ...

Edit: Guess I shouldn't say error, you can theoretically fold it up. Looks wrong though.

Edited by Mariella

So there’s a purported minifigure pack leaked, containing fifth-year versions of Harry, Malfoy, Cho (I think?) and . . I’m admittedly not sure who the blonde Hufflepuff is, but I almost don’t care because it’s a Hogwarts student army building pack with one uniform for each House and it’s wonderful because now my Hogwarts can have more than two Hufflepuffs! Finally! I’d prefer a proper Battle Pack but I’ll still take this, yay! Can’t wait for it to release!

Oh, and there’s a printed Marauder’s Map too which . . is what everyone’s already talking about . . right. Sorry. This is still cool!

4 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So there’s a purported minifigure pack leaked, containing fifth-year versions of Harry, Malfoy, Cho (I think?) and . . I’m admittedly not sure who the blonde Hufflepuff is, but I almost don’t care because it’s a Hogwarts student army building pack with one uniform for each House and it’s wonderful because now my Hogwarts can have more than two Hufflepuffs! Finally! I’d prefer a proper Battle Pack but I’ll still take this, yay! Can’t wait for it to release!

It’s Hannah Abbott, been discussed in here ??

14 minutes ago, Mariella said:

Has anyone noticed the error on the Marauder's Map? I love that they finally made one, but they could have double-checked the positioning of the folds ...

Edit: Guess I shouldn't say error, you can theoretically fold it up. Looks wrong though.

I'm much sadder about the fact they're ordinary footprints not minifigure ones lol

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Thanks! . . Is it bad that I have no idea who she is?

6 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

It's also not a leak as it's been revealed on Brickset!

2 hours ago, KilZol said:

Is there a reason we can't get the burrow of amazon but we can get all the other sets.

It's a retailer exclusive

Ooh, I hope to god it’s Ministry, as much as I want it, I doubt it’ll be chamber because Tom is coming with the book and Gilderoy is rumoured to be in CMF, Inferi could be good, but they’re pretty much terrifying zombies so would Lego do that? ??

LEGO has a large selection of skeletons, zombies and ghosts. Given that and the fact HP is targeted at an older agegroup I'd say the Inferi are definetely possible

9 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

She's pretty much a book character with a few film appearances (nothing special though)

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO has a large selection of skeletons, zombies and ghosts. Given that and the fact HP is targeted at an older agegroup I'd say the Inferi are definetely possible

ooh, that's exciting then

1 hour ago, KilZol said:

Technically speaking they just tacked Lucian Bole’s name onto the Slytherin beater from the first movie’s Quidditch scene - the actor’s character is not given a name in the credits. 

40 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Hannah Abbot is more prominent in the books, where she’s a Hufflepuff prefect, member of Dumbledore’s Army and eventually marries Neville Longbottom. But if you’ve only seen the cinematic cut of the movies she’s basically just a blond Hufflepuff extra - the only time she has any lines or is addressed by name is a deleted scene in CoS (same for Ernie MacMillan). 

9 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

eventually marries Neville Longbottom

still bitter Luna and Neville didn't get together, although she got a Scamander, so that's not that bad ?

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

still bitter Luna and Neville didn't get together, although she got a Scamander, so that's not that bad ?

Hmm, the book never really hinted at a relationship between them.

For the films I always thought Neville worked well with Ginny and Harry worked well with Luna.

1 minute ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Hmm, the book never really hinted at a relationship between them.

For the films I always thought Neville worked well with Ginny and Harry worked well with Luna.

I think Neville always had feelings for Luna, it just seemed right between them, and it wasn't a mistake, Rowling said that after the books ended Neville and Luna ended up together but it didn't work out, but I think Ginny and Harry were better than Neville and Ginny, that was more brother/sister than anything imo :)

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I don’t like removing the hands either, so I get it. 

To take a slight left into outrage culture. I would wager they made Cho that color because of the criticism they’d undoubtedly get. Could you imagine the PR ire they’d get when the word got out that they have an Asian character looking like the other white characters? Race baiters would lose their mind. It would be Jabba’s Palace all over agin. 

I cant wait to get that pack, it looks fantastic. I’m not too bothered by Harry/Draco...of course Harry was coming, have we not accepted that yet? :tongue: I don’t even really care about the reused face. It’s a slight bummer as it’s  from the same theme. But TLG can’t possibly make a new print for every character they make. 

Since it wasn’t answered, I’ll ask again, is it a June 1st release for us in the States as well? Brickset didn’t specify, so I assume yes. 

Why would  they undergo criticism for making Cho a more natural colour for her? They have already made other asian looking character in light flesh / light nougat. 

I have heard people mentioning the Jabba Palace debacle, but that must have been a local thing. It was not any media attention at all on it where I live. Only heard about it on this forum.

Lego should get in more trouble for what they DID do to Cho.   They went with  racial coding instead of representing the actual individual they made a figure based on.

not being the same as the other wouldn't be any issue.

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

Lego should get in more trouble for what they DID do to Cho.   They went with  racial coding instead of representing the actual individual they made a figure based on.

not being the same as the other wouldn't be any issue.

especially if (like me) you have no reference of another character to measure off of, I think I'm gonna buy me some Rose Tico heads and use my Cho Changs for Patil twins

26 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Why would  they undergo criticism for making Cho a more natural colour for her? They have already made other asian looking character in light flesh / light nougat. 

I have heard people mentioning the Jabba Palace debacle, but that must have been a local thing. It was not any media attention at all on it where I live. Only heard about it on this forum.

If they had made an Asian character’s “skin” the regular flesh color, I would imagine there would be finger pointing of “whitewashing” despite the actual skin tone of the character in question. That’s my assumption anyways. 

Do we have an official, or even a semi “I heard from that person who works at LEGO” of why they made Asians that darker color? I’m guessing to differentiate them from being white, since other defining characteristics aren’t a thing in LEGO.