Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

12 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Seriously considering doing the same. Got a bargain on Trelawney at £3 on FB Marketplace and Invisibility Cloak Harry on eBay recently, still trying to track down a Luna at a good price. Apart from that it’s just Harry, Hermione and Mad Eye Moody left (excluding the FB ones). But it’s been a pain having to pay more for specific characters!

I’m also thinking about to do the same. After got a complete 16 HP (not FB) from previous one, then I realize that I still want accessories and many repeat torso to display. ( Ex, Dumbledore Pensieve, Triwizard Goblet, Herbology Torsos, boy’s pajamas and another Trelawney because I planned to design divination classroom). Right now, it’s so hard to track it down for a good price.

So this one I’ll just buy a full box ! At least right now I know I want Fawkes and Richard Harris Dumbledore for my Dumbledore’s Office. Moaning Myrtle, Lockhard for future plan. 

34 minutes ago, Bluetus said:

I’m also thinking about to do the same. After got a complete 16 HP (not FB) from previous one, then I realize that I still want accessories and many repeat torso to display. ( Ex, Dumbledore Pensieve, Triwizard Goblet, Herbology Torsos, boy’s pajamas and another Trelawney because I planned to design divination classroom). Right now, it’s so hard to track it down for a good price.

So this one I’ll just buy a full box ! At least right now I know I want Fawkes and Richard Harris Dumbledore for my Dumbledore’s Office. Moaning Myrtle, Lockhard for future plan. 

Geez, it's funny that people are finding it so hard to find the harry potter minifigures. I know the ebgames store in the shopping centre where I live still has over half a box of these figures left that has been sitting there for years. I know i've seen them in a couple of other places around as I remember thinking that I can't believe these are still around. But I don't exactly remember where the other places were. But yeah, definitely still seen a few around in Tasmania (Australia). Normal series seem to fly off the shelves here, but licensed sets hang around for a long time.

My expectation for the AC is Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Sirius and Arthur, probably even a microfigure santa could be in here :)

31 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Geez, it's funny that people are finding it so hard to find the harry potter minifigures. I know the ebgames store in the shopping centre where I live still has over half a box of these figures left that has been sitting there for years. I know i've seen them in a couple of other places around as I remember thinking that I can't believe these are still around. But I don't exactly remember where the other places were. But yeah, definitely still seen a few around in Tasmania (Australia). Normal series seem to fly off the shelves here, but licensed sets hang around for a long time.

Woah! Yeah there’s not been any of the Harry Potter CMFs in stores online or offline for at least 12 months in the UK. It’s all eBay, Bricklink and FB Marketplace now. Obviously that means you can choose your character but that does mean Harry Pyjamas, Luna and Trelawney are expensive.

At least in this series there’s only 16 to collect. Of course this shouldn’t matter to me as I didn’t collect the FB ones anyway, but it does mean that t  he rarer of the 16 HP ones are a little bit easier to find!

5 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Woah! Yeah there’s not been any of the Harry Potter CMFs in stores online or offline for at least 12 months in the UK. It’s all eBay, Bricklink and FB Marketplace now. Obviously that means you can choose your character but that does mean Harry Pyjamas, Luna and Trelawney are expensive.

At least in this series there’s only 16 to collect. Of course this shouldn’t matter to me as I didn’t collect the FB ones anyway, but it does mean that t  he rarer of the 16 HP ones are a little bit easier to find!

Harry Potter cmf series 2 is already for sale?? *oh2*

Just now, cebelicamya said:

Harry Potter cmf series 2 is already for sale?? *oh2*

No, CMF series 2 is not for sale yet.

8 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

If I remember correctly I read somewhere (probably here) that there won't be a rare minifigure in CMF series 2.

1 hour ago, Jinzol said:

My expectation for the AC is Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Sirius and Arthur, probably even a microfigure santa could be in here :)

It would be really nice to get Ginny somewhere else than a $100 set, that's a great selection of minifigs.

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

OotP is where she starts really coming into her own, but unfortunately, Neville does as well and that’s also when Luna is introduced - and for a variety of reasons those two seem to have more fans than Ginny. She definitely has less representation in Harry Potter merchandise than any other member of them sacred seven’. 

I think that mostly has to do with a big chunk of the HP fandom being movie fans who haven't read the books. The movies are mostly great but Ginny is one of the things they failed at miserably (I really didn't care about her untill I read the books) 

24 minutes ago, Salix said:

If I remember correctly I read somewhere (probably here) that there won't be a rare minifigure in CMF series 2.

Yup, that's right. This is the distribution for Series 2 as stated by Kingnono:

- 3 figures will appear 5 times

- 6 figures will appear 4 times

- 7 figures will appear 3 times

Which means, while we don't know how many times a specific character will appear, each figure will be in a box at least 3 times!

1 hour ago, Jinzol said:

That sounds reasonably likely but I can't help but feel that there's too much of a crossover there with the Burrow having two of its exclusive characters in a much smaller set two months later. Personally I think the likeliest selection is Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred & George and Sirius.

I would replace Fred and George for Ginny and Arthur because although they were exclusive to the last D2C as well I doubt their inclusion in a set (with different outfits) will take away much of the appeal of Diagon Alley and they would fit the Grimmauld Place Christmas scene. 

47 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Woah! Yeah there’s not been any of the Harry Potter CMFs in stores online or offline for at least 12 months in the UK.

Yeah the cmf was ridiculously popular here in the UK, I swear I've never seen a series go by so fast. A few months after their release there was no sign of them in any WHSmith and I felt really lucky that I managed to find a box tucked away in the corner of a Waterstones, which still had a Graves minifigure inside! I think I also got my Dumbledore and Trelawney minifigures from that box too :grin:

38 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Yeah the cmf was ridiculously popular here in the UK, I swear I've never seen a series go by so fast. A few months after their release there was no sign of them in any WHSmith and I felt really lucky that I managed to find a box tucked away in the corner of a Waterstones, which still had a Graves minifigure inside! I think I also got my Dumbledore and Trelawney minifigures from that box too :grin:

I remember I got a few from Tesco when they were £1.50 reduced. But that was before I was back into Lego so I only got a few - I think Ron, Dobby, Voldemort and Dumbledore. The thing is, I’d feel bad if I bought all of the remaining box as I’d feel like I was taking it from some poor kid :sad: and I didn’t wanna stand there feeling them as I seem to remember many people picking them up!

Edited by sammy_zammy

4 minutes ago, KilZol said:

Anyone know where to pre-order the burrow set in the UK.

I'm no expert in UK stores but afaik nobody will be able to pre-order it regardless of where he/she lives. We'll just have to wait untill June 1st :wink:

I find it so easy to collect all the minifigures I want now. When it reaches the release date I start checking both the Kmart and Target websites every morning to check and see if my local store has stock. I do this every time and i've been the first person to the box every time for years. It's so nice! :-D Had no problems getting all the series 20 minifigures even amidst the whole coronavirus craziness! :-D Just waiting to see the listings for the harry potter set now! :-D

I’ve never been one to brag about anything but in this case I have to say I’m exceptionally good at feeling the blind bags for CMFs. I got into them during series 12 and between then and now I’ve never once felt a bag and been wrong with my guess. Ok bragging over. For HP series 2 I’ll probably buy a whole case because I know I’ll want multiples of every figure and it’ll end up being cheaper that way. Also it’s hard to justify going into a store and feeling the bags this year with everything going on. The last thing I need is to bring additional germs home to my 3 month old and 2 year old. 

Some of you might know about my side project of designing micro sized ‘concept’ models of potential sets for a complete Hogwarts castle, and after the reveal of the astronomy tower and room of requirement I have gone back to my designs and made a few changes (reshuffling rooms, creating new set devisions etc). 

Here are the first two sets, which include many rooms and buildings on top of many peoples want lists:

LEGO Hogwarts Bell Towers

The Bell Towers is a ‘Deathly Hallows Part 2’ set, featuring the search for and destruction of the diadem, as well as some relevant ‘Half Blood Prince’ details. The ghost of the Grey Lady and Blaise Zabini are exclusive new characters.

LEGO Hogwars Lookout Tower

The ‘Lookout Tower’ is an ‘Order of the Phoenix’ set giving us Umbridge and Trelawney again in their different outfits from when the latter is fired. Fred and George appear also to reign havoc in revenge! 

More designs to follow :)

These are free for anyone to use as inspiration for MOC’s etc 

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Some of you might know about my side project of designing micro sized ‘concept’ models of potential sets for a complete Hogwarts castle, and after the reveal of the astronomy tower and room of requirement I have gone back to my designs and made a few changes (reshuffling rooms, creating new set devisions etc). 

Here are the first two sets, which include many rooms and buildings on top of many peoples want lists:

The Bell Towers is a ‘Deathly Hallows Part 2’ set, featuring the search for and destruction of the diadem, as well as some relevant ‘Half Blood Prince’ details. The ghost of the Grey Lady and Blaise Zabini are exclusive new characters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Room of Hidden Things is just a form of the Room of Requirement. So, I don't think Lego would have both. Other than that, those are wonderful! How tall would you say the Bell Towers are? (If they were minifig-scale)

Edited by Brick Guru

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sad to hear that, must've really sucked for you. Good to know your back on EB though :wink:

Thank you, it feels good to be back, now to catch up on leaks ??

14 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Very sorry to hear that :cry_sad: I hope you’ve found another worthwhile job in the meantime! How did they even find out about your leaked information in the first place?

I have yes, at a much better place, unfortunately it is outside of any toy-related work so no more TF ?, a letter was sent out from head office explaining the situation with information from toy fair leaking and they basically gave us the option of coming forward or everyone involved with tf would’ve lost their jobs, so I did the right thing and took the punishment, it didn’t take long to find a new job, luckily it was before the whole issue rn

12 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Thank you, it feels good to be back, now to catch up on leaks ??

I have yes, at a much better place, unfortunately it is outside of any toy-related work so no more TF ?, a letter was sent out from head office explaining the situation with information from toy fair leaking and they basically gave us the option of coming forward or everyone involved with tf would’ve lost their jobs, so I did the right thing and took the punishment, it didn’t take long to find a new job, luckily it was before the whole issue rn

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your job, but glad to hear it's got you to a better place in the end. :)

1 hour ago, Brick Guru said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Room of Hidden Things is just a form of the Room of Requirement. So, I don't think Lego would have both. Other than that, those are wonderful! How tall would you say the Bell Towers are? (If they were minifig-scale)

Yes it is two versions of the room of requirement in one set, but for play and story selling it works for me; no different than if you were to combine two respective sets together.

21 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Yes it is two versions of the room of requirement in one set, but for play and story selling it works for me; no different than if you were to combine two respective sets together.

Aspects of Dumbledore’s office appeared in two separate sets (Clocktower and Great Hall) and the Clocktower also included the dance floor which is part of the Great Hall so there’s no reason why another version of the Room Of Requirement couldn’t appear in another set. I would actually love that to happen

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’ve never been one to brag about anything but in this case I have to say I’m exceptionally good at feeling the blind bags for CMFs. I got into them during series 12 and between then and now I’ve never once felt a bag and been wrong with my guess. Ok bragging over. For HP series 2 I’ll probably buy a whole case because I know I’ll want multiples of every figure and it’ll end up being cheaper that way. Also it’s hard to justify going into a store and feeling the bags this year with everything going on. The last thing I need is to bring additional germs home to my 3 month old and 2 year old. 

My trouble is, I'd feel judged by the shop staff for buying a whole box. Not because I'm buying Lego, but because I'm buying an entire box of minifigs! I feel they'd think I was taking them from the kids to sell at a huge profit. But no, I would buy them and sell them at only enough more than the RRP to cover the fact  they'd be buying specific ones which would take me a long while to work out what's in each one, and eBay/PayPal fees. I'd just feel judged and bad :sad:

2 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

You say it didn't take long to find a new job, and I'm not trying to be rude but feel free not to answer, wouldn't "leaking confidential information that I'd signed NDAs on from my job" as a reason for dismissal from your previous job suggest you're not a trustworthy person to employ? Or were they sympathetic?

That sounds even worse than I thought it did but I hope it doesn't offend you! Good to have you in the community :)

38 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Aspects of Dumbledore’s office appeared in two separate sets (Clocktower and Great Hall) and the Clocktower also included the dance floor which is part of the Great Hall so there’s no reason why another version of the Room Of Requirement couldn’t appear in another set. I would actually love that to happen

So it wouldn't be too much to ask for a third Dumbledore's office that's decently sized with the eagle like the old one then? ;)

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Didn't even know the Room of Hidden Things was a thing lol, I'll look it up. Edit: ah, so it's the specific form of it to... hide... things...

Edited by sammy_zammy

7 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

I remember I got a few from Tesco when they were £1.50 reduced. But that was before I was back into Lego so I only got a few - I think Ron, Dobby, Voldemort and Dumbledore. The thing is, I’d feel bad if I bought all of the remaining box as I’d feel like I was taking it from some poor kid :sad: and I didn’t wanna stand there feeling them as I seem to remember many people picking them up!

I got the whole set from ebay for £59

Do people think we will ever get an updated forbidden corridor. The old ones are nice, but we really need a new one. It would be nice to get all the challenges in one set instead of breaking them up into smaller sets. If they did a new fluffy, I think it would look the best as a mould.

8 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

LEGO Hogwars Lookout Tower

The ‘Lookout Tower’ is an ‘Order of the Phoenix’ set giving us Umbridge and Trelawney again in their different outfits from when the latter is fired. Fred and George appear also to reign havoc in revenge! 

More designs to follow :)

I love this, The lookout tower is perfect. It has so many rooms we all want. I really want an Umbridge's office and the divination classroom from 2011 looks weird in my current display, so that would work perfect ly. I wish that the hogwarts expansions included more teachers. Madam pomfrey would have fitted well in the CT and if sprout was included in the AT that would make it perfect. The first wave had so many cool teacher figures. Now we are getting repeates of students in different outfits. I would prepare varients or teachers. It would be nice to get a lockheart, Sinastra, grubly plank, carrow twins and Binns. Although Some ofthem really only appeared in the books.

Let's just say the CMF and DA turn out exactly as we are anticipating and we get the CMF figures on the packet, Lockhart, Lucius, Pomfrey, Fred, George, Crabb Goyle, Rita etc. It's starting to feel like we have a pretty complete roster. Just wondering what main characters you guys still think we will be missing? Narcissa and maybe Karkaroff pop into my head, but can't really think of many others. Just wondering aside from rather obscure side characters who you think are still missing? :-)

9 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

You say it didn't take long to find a new job, and I'm not trying to be rude but feel free not to answer, wouldn't "leaking confidential information that I'd signed NDAs on from my job" as a reason for dismissal from your previous job suggest you're not a trustworthy person to employ? Or were they sympathetic?

That sounds even worse than I thought it did but I hope it doesn't offend you! Good to have you in the community :)

no, it's cool, not offensive at all, haha, my ex-employer was more than happy to give me a reference for my next job, I got on well with my old manager, but head office said all or 1 had to go, so I took the sacrifice :)

Edited by TheRandomBlocker
Noticed I put “employee” instead of “employer”