Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

That was definetely nice to see, especially considering it's quite rare for Dutchies to get a big set at the same price as Germany (the Hogwarts D2C and UCS Falcon for example were both 50 euro more expensive here)

That's crazy. Although I suppose we can't get our hopes up too much, we all know how wildly inconsistent Lego's pricing is between regions...

2 hours ago, hagridshut said:

Not a Harry Potter set, but is anyone considering converting this into Malfoy Manor?  It's supposed to be an amusement park attraction, but the architecture and "dark artifacts" make it a compelling candidate for the lair of Lucius Malfoy & family.

https://brickset.com/article/51362/this-year-s-fairground-set-revealed!

I’m not so sure. I can see why you’d say that, but I don’t feel they’d have all those dark artefacts just jumbled together like that. It feels like it could inspire a Malfoy Manor yes, but to actually use it as a Malfoy Manor I’m not so sure that it’s similar enough inside or outside. I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, just saying it wouldn’t work for me and wouldn’t be enough to justify me buying it!

A minifig pack with a torso for each house would be wonderful, but I guess well have to wait and see, I'm really hoping for more uniformed torso's in CMF, I like the builds of  the newer hogwarts expansions but I'd personally rather more of them came in their uniforms than in outfits they only wore for one scene.

55 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

That set, interestingly does give me hope for the price of Diagon Alley in Europe and the UK. Hogwarts Great Hall was $400, €400 and £350, so I was expecting it to be the same as that in € and £. But the Haunted House is $250, yet €230 and £210. Which is already 20/40 difference, at a set just over half the price of DA in $. Maybe we could expect £3350/€370? That would be nice. (??)

I'd not pay £3350 for a $400 set, it'd be cheaper to import it myself.:grin::grin::grin: sorry

1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'd not pay £3350 for a $400 set, it'd be cheaper to import it myself.:grin::grin::grin: sorry

Don't forget, US prices don't include VAT though :wink:

oops

6 hours ago, hagridshut said:

Not a Harry Potter set, but is anyone considering converting this into Malfoy Manor?  It's supposed to be an amusement park attraction, but the architecture and "dark artifacts" make it a compelling candidate for the lair of Lucius Malfoy & family.

https://brickset.com/article/51362/this-year-s-fairground-set-revealed!

As far as something official goes, that’s not a bad idea. It definitely has the right feel & air to it for the Malfoy’s, on the exterior anyways. Interior would need some decent changes though, based on what we’ve seen of the inside. 

Edited by Vindicare

1 minute ago, LEGO Boy said:

Will we get Diagon Alley this year or not?

yeah 100 %

57 minutes ago, LEGO Boy said:

Will we get Diagon Alley this year or not?

Yup, a 400€/$ set coming in September (there's a rumoured earlier release date tho).

17 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Also the marketing is a mess with the whole 18+/non-Creator Expert thing.

It may not say Creator Expert on the box, but on the LEGO website you can still find it under Creator Expert.

EDIT: Seems like LEGO decided to fully drop the Creator Expert naming on the boxes from now on and indeed make them black like the Haunted House box as well as the Old Trafford box and make them 18+ (although Old Trafford was still 16+).

Edited by Salix

Interestingly, on the UK Lego shop, Hedwig and Grawp have also changed to 'coming soon' like the Burrow. 

30 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

Interestingly, on the UK Lego shop, Hedwig and Grawp have also changed to 'coming soon' like the Burrow. 

Same in the Netherlands.

59 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

Dutch shop 'Het Deense Steentje' has the sets up for preorder and also lists how many copies are available, it's the best selling set from this wave (at least for that shop) so S@H probably sold everything they have / can produce before release

50 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Dutch shop 'Het Deense Steentje' has the sets up for preorder and also lists how many copies are available, it's the best selling set from this wave (at least for that shop) so S@H probably sold everything they have / can produce before release

Which is the best selling set?

1 minute ago, Brick Guru said:

The Burrow, I believe

Oh, the Burrow never went up for pre-order in the UK yet. I ordered the rest of the sets straight away. Maybe they aren't doing Burrow pre-orders here as it's a Lego exclusive here.

Edited by UKFan922

6 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

Oh, the Burrow never went up for pre-order in the UK yet. I ordered the rest of the sets straight away. Maybe they aren't doing Burrow pre-orders here as it's a Lego exclusive here.

I was just guessing. Obviously I was incorrect. 

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Grawp

Wow! Quite a few people on here were saying that they didn't like it very much so I'm surprised that it selling so well.

16 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Wow! Quite a few people on here were saying that they didn't like it very much so I'm surprised that it selling so well.

It's just from a small store though, it's the best selling set there as far as I can see but it doesn't say anything about the wave overall. The actual best selling set could differ from this

Edited by Guyon2002

29 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

It's because of the centaurs which have a great appeal beyond Harry Potter fans

well we dunno how many where is stock etc. compared to the other sets

6 minutes ago, deskp said:

well we dunno how many where is stock etc. compared to the other sets

That's why I said it doesn't represent the wave overall. But this specific shop had ~50 copies of everything but Hedwig (more Grawp sets became available today so the number is a little higher than it was yesterday)

On 5/13/2020 at 2:17 PM, Agent Kallus said:

A minifig pack with a torso for each house would be wonderful, but I guess well have to wait and see, I'm really hoping for more uniformed torso's in CMF, I like the builds of  the newer hogwarts expansions but I'd personally rather more of them came in their uniforms than in outfits they only wore for one scene

I agree. I would love to see the pck  of the minifigures’ torso printed beautifully. Let’s wait an see, indeed. 

But i don’t think it’s a big deal t use outfits that wore in one scene. Personally, it’s pretty cool to see characters coming in different styles, more colorful/diverse. 

8 hours ago, UKFan922 said:

Which is the best selling set?

Definitley the Burrow. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

19 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Definitley the Burrow. 

We're talking about the preorders atm, not what set will eventually sell better :wink: The Burrow will be a big seller but it's not up for preordering