Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just checked the comments on the post, someone said “only Germans will understand”... does that narrow things down for anyone? :pir-cry_sad: Also, it just dawned on me. We all thought “Diagon Alley not coming in September” meant it was coming earlier. What if its not coming until LATER in the year though *oh2*

'Change tyres' is an anagram of 'chase gentry', gentry being the a word for the upper classes, so maybe Fred and George can't follow the Malfoys?

There's a rubbish joke that goes we need another day between Saturday and Sunday, let's call it Notaday. The expression 'not a day' is used in Cos to describe Riddle's memory and in the films by Sirius to describe James. I think it was also used by Lupin to describe Lily. 

I admit these are incredibly far fetched :D

The names have to be a Coldmirror reference, but I can’t make sense of the tire-changing part either. It’s been a long time since I’ve last seen those parodies...

For context: Coldmirror is a German youtuber famous for her Harry Potter parodies, where she re-edited and re-dubbed  the first 4 films. They’re very vulgar, but also hilarious IMO :laugh: 

My favourite content of hers though are videos where she makes fun of various mistakes and slips found in German magazines about Harry Potter. Some highlights:

• One magazine that claims Ollivander is played by Russell Crowe :head_back:
  • One that shows a picture of Ollivander with the caption “Voldemort threatens Harry”
  • A character description of Draco titled "Drago, the rebel"
  • The stream of hilarious misspellings of Voldemort (Waldemar, Voldemoort, Voldemart), with her commenting that Voldemort is “he who should not be named correctly”

Edited by Lego-Freak

27 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Also, it just dawned on me. We all thought “Diagon Alley not coming in September” meant it was coming earlier. What if its not coming until LATER in the year though *oh2*

I really hope that‘s not the case - and his spelling induced that it‘s coming earlier than September. At least that‘s what I hope 

Just now, topiku said:

I really hope that‘s not the case - and his spelling induced that it‘s coming earlier than September. At least that‘s what I hope 

He also added the ";)" which I don't think he would've done if it was coming later than expected.

It seems @Lego-Freak you are correct based on comments on the post. Fred and George apparently had those nicknames in the video. I dont get the tire changing reference either, but we already knew Fred and George were coming in the sets by now (or assumed)? So there doesnt seem to be much new info. I do wonder, now, if Günther is also a reference from Coldmirror though :look:

Stretching here but I guess changing a tyre is the “muggle” equivalent of fixing up a fire bolt or a floo network given they’re the standard wizard img transports. 

18 hours ago, deskp said:

lego has shown some excellence is building ship sets this year. both with and without the boat hull pieces at various price ranges.

I'd love for them to do a Durmstrang ship.  Both for the build and the potential figures!

brown Durmstrang uniform student?

Krum with hat and coat?

Karkaroff?

if you wanna make a trend, include a special Hargid, flower on his coat?

Hide contents

9Df-371r6T05PtapkSvDFXP-4P8yMp1GBcQnSYDN

_

lake task champions?

Barty crouch Sr?

Yes to all! It could be a big set and they can fill it with lots of figures we are missing from the GOF cast

Well that’s me pre ordered the new Lego Privet Drive! Looking forward to it!

6 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

I wonder why the Burrow still isn't up for pre-order.

This might be because of the "Lego exclusive first" thing...I can imagine that the other sets are open for pre-order because they are at the retailers as well and Lego wants to keep some of the revenue at the own online shop...I don't know, it makes absolutely no sense to me. As I mentioned already, I would really prefer to pre-order conveniently instead of waiting for June 1st, 0:00 in front of my computer.

21 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

This might be because of the "Lego exclusive first" thing...I can imagine that the other sets are open for pre-order because they are at the retailers as well and Lego wants to keep some of the revenue at the own online shop...I don't know, it makes absolutely no sense to me. As I mentioned already, I would really prefer to pre-order conveniently instead of waiting for June 1st, 0:00 in front of my computer.

do you expect them to sell out right away?

Just now, deskp said:

do you expect them to sell out right away?

I can imagine that they go on backorder the first day already :)

I believe it was 1 year ago today that the graveyard and beauxbatons sets were revealed so hopefully we'll get a reveal of that unknown non-d2c set soon. We got official reveals 3 days later than last year for the first 5 sets so maybe around the 13th for any remaining ones? Wishful thinking perhaps but :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Nick unassembled said:

I believe it was 1 year ago today that the graveyard and beauxbatons sets were revealed so hopefully we'll get a reveal of that unknown non-d2c set soon. We got official reveals 3 days later than last year for the first 5 sets so maybe around the 13th for any remaining ones? Wishful thinking perhaps but :shrug_oh_well:

That sounds logical to me! I don't think we got any figure leaks for the exclusive sets last year so official pictures for this years set will probably just turn up out of nowhere when we're not expecting it :grin:

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That sounds logical to me! I don't think we got any figure leaks for the exclusive sets last year so official pictures for this years set will probably just turn up out of nowhere when we're not expecting it :grin:

Wormtail pieces i think might have showed up beforehand?

Just now, deskp said:

Wormtail pieces i think might have showed up beforehand?

Pretty sure that wasn't the case as a fair amount of people mistook him for Ron on the box, not 100% sure though

Kingnono has just commented 'f1' in the comments. Now I don't know if he means he was speaking in Formula 1 terms or f1 is slang for something else.  :sceptic:  If it's slang for Final One then they may have been saying the last comment before his post, which asked if his riddle was about DA's release date, is correct. How that helps I don't know. :shrug_confused:

Edited by BacktoBricks

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Kingnono has just commented 'f1' in the comments. Now I don't know if he means he was speaking in Formula 1 terms or f1 is slang for something else.  :sceptic:  If it's slang for Final One then they may have been saying the last comment before his post, which asked if his riddle was about DA's release date, is correct. How that helps I don't know. :shrug_confused:

F1 makes me think of the function keys on a computer (you know, those ones at the top of the keyboard that hardly anyone uses). Apparently the F1 key is a general help key in most programs. Not sure if that’s anymore helpful though. 

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

The more I think about his hint from today the more questions come up in my mind. Apart from the tire changing thing, what is meant by "between Saturday and Sunday"? Sunday comes after Saturday, there is nothing in-between, so what does it reference to?

If it should really be a German reference, here is little fun fact: You should indeed refrain from changing your tires on a Sunday or Sunday night in Germany, otherwise you could get in serious trouble with some of your conservative neighbours :laugh_hard: That's by the way the only thing that comes to my mind thinking about this hint, but I have no clue what it has to do with the upcoming HP sets :shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, 8fifty said:

But I mean it's not on Lego UK shop for pre-order yet all others are.

what could be the reason that you can't change tires between saturday and sunday in f1?

39 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

F1 makes me think of the function keys on a computer (you know, those ones at the top of the keyboard that hardly anyone uses). Apparently the F1 key is a general help key in most programs. Not sure if that’s anymore helpful though. 

That was my first thought, so then like you I looked up what is usually connected with the F1 key on the computer and that didn't really makes sense, so then obviously the whole tire thing made me think of Formula 1, but I have no idea or interest in that so it's too obscure a reference for me if it is anything to do with that. So then I looked up what commenting 'F1' on posts etc. could mean and apparently it can be shorthand for 'Final One'. So Kingnono commenting f1 when the last comment was along the lines of 'Does this riddle refer to the DA's release date?' to me means that, yes, the riddle is hinting at DA's release date. But apparently nobody else here or on Insta can work out what it means anyway. He really has got us chasing our tails. ? 

52 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

The more I think about his hint from today the more questions come up in my mind. Apart from the tire changing thing, what is meant by "between Saturday and Sunday"? Sunday comes after Saturday, there is nothing in-between, so what does it reference to?

If it should really be a German reference, here is little fun fact: You should indeed refrain from changing your tires on a Sunday or Sunday night in Germany, otherwise you could get in serious trouble with some of your conservative neighbours :laugh_hard: That's by the way the only thing that comes to my mind thinking about this hint, but I have no clue what it has to do with the upcoming HP sets :shrug_confused:

Apart from the Notaday thing @Seaber pointed out (which I hadn't heard of before today) I have no idea. Haha I don't think the tyre thing is exclusive to German neighbours. ?

I don’t read all the comments on this topic so this may be a stupid question, but is the Diagon alley gonna be minifig-scaled or micro-scaled?

Edited by Melle_24

I know in some cultures/places Sunday is considered the first day of the week. So maybe that something? 

Alternatively, maybe Saturday and Sunday are stand ins for shops? So the clue could mean “in between Gringotts and Ollivanders” or something?