Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Wow this thread has exploded! 

Very interesting new detail and clarity on the new sets, looks like I missed the mark on all of my predictions ?

I hope the Astronomy Tower is a ‘Slug Club Party’ Set much like the Clock Tower was a ‘Yule Ball’ Set. So Neville for example is in his waiter outfit and Luna has her silver dress. The building likewise should have some other rooms such as a classroom to play out other scenes with figures from other sets. 

That being said I would say Cormac McLaggen should have been included in it instead of Draco?

My guessing is the Ron included will be wearing his sleeping clothes and have a ‘drunk’ looking face, possibly with a foaming mouth on the reverse. 

The Grawp/Umbidge Set is my favourite of the lot, it makes the most sense as a package and it is quite thrilling to hear we are getting centaurs so early :D 

Like others have said already the absence of Order members and Death Eaters is surprising, hopefully they will be coming the CMF and/or later sets this year.

Edited by Bugbot20082

5 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Gryffindor: Ginny, Fred, George, and Percy Weasley, Lee Jordan, Pavarti, Padma, Colin Creevey, Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson, Cormac McLaggen, Romilda Vane

Slytherin :Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson

Hufflepuff: Leanne

Order of the Phoenix: Molly and Arthur Wesley, Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt

Hogwarts: Profs Lockhart and Sprout, Madam Pomfrey, Moaning Myrtle

Death Eaters: Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, Fenrir Greyback 

Wizarding World: Mr Borgin, Madam Rosmerta, Igor Karkaroff, Barty Crouch Sr, Amos Diggory, Rita Skeeter

Muggles: Frank Bryce, Aunt Marge

Great list! The Weasleys will eventually be coming for sure, they are very important to the story, and I feel like Parvati and Padma will come in an advent calendar. Colin has higher chanced to show up in a Chamber of Secrets set when they redo more of that movie.

Crabbe and Goyle could either come in a CMF or in sets, and we might see Blaise and Pansy in DH sets.

Tonks and Kingsley are definetely coming in the CMF.

I really really hope we get Pomfrey, Sprout and Lockhart in the CMF. Myrtle would be a great addition.

Lucius and Bellatrix would be coming in a Ministry Battle set, Fenrir could come either in DH sets or in the CMF.

Igor Karkaroff should be in the CMF, and so should Rita, I feel like Madam Rosmerta will be in a Hogsmeade set when they make it, and about Barty and Amos I'm not so sure, maybe when they revisit Goblet of Fire.

I wish Frank was a Lego Minifigure but I doubt it... however I'd love to get Marge in the CMF and complete the Dursleys family.

A few thoughts on this wave:

I love the idea of the Privet Drive set, would have preferred Fred and George to Ron, but otherwise perfect. It would have been nice to get Aunt Marge as well, but never mind. 

Forbidden Forest sounds great, but will have to see how the centaurs and Grawp look first. Very nice concept though. 

Astronomy Tower sounds like it is based on the Slug Club Christmas party. I reckon Slughorn, Harry, Luna, Hermione, Neville and Draco will be in the outfits they wore in that scene, Ron and Lavender in their outfits after Gryffindor win the Quidditch Cup. Rooms will be Slughorn's Office and the Astronomy classroom, probably with another one or two rooms to make it taller than the clocktower. 

The Room of Requirement sounds nice, and maybe a good set to get doubles of if it comes with the clockwork death eater. 

So, we're missing the Inferi Cave, Ministry of Magic (Atrium, Courtroom, Department of Mysteries) and Grimmauld Place from these films, with The Burrow, Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley and the Durmstrang Ship (as well as a few areas of Hogwarts) from films 1-4. After three waves (perhaps with a couple more sets in the summer like Rise of Voldemort and the Beaubatons Carriage last year), I'd say that was pretty great. 

Looking forward to the leaked photos :) 

17 minutes ago, Seaber said:

A few thoughts on this wave:

I love the idea of the Privet Drive set, would have preferred Fred and George to Ron, but otherwise perfect. It would have been nice to get Aunt Marge as well, but never mind. 

Oh no what if Aunt Marge comes in the CMF series *oh2* she could even come with a torso attachment like the minifigure of Bombur, the fat dwarf from the Hobbit and include her dog. Considering how the last series complemented the sets with additional figures I'm worried this is now a serious possibility 

3 hours ago, illian420 said:

Jedijac has updated his site with the news as well. https://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2020.htm 

I hope she'll have a cmf, but hopefully it won't just be in gryffindor robes.

I remembered divination in the astronomy tower. Maybe I'm wrong. I was thinking we'd get another professor trelawney with the release of this set. I made sure to grab her cmf. 

There are some mistakes, mainly the set numbers for other sets. 75970 and 75971 are Overwatch sets that were released a long time ago (75970-75977 are all Overwatch sets).

Also, the 75970 set (HP-5) is just speculation. There's a gap between HP-(1-4) and HP-6, so some people speculate that there's a HP-5 in between, it's likely but not confirmed.

Another one - D2C is just a rumour, not confirmed by any reliable leaker. 

Last one (I think so), Advent Calendar's set number is 75981 (not really a mistake tho).

17 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I'm worried this is now a serious possibility 

I'm actually excited for her minifigure because it means completing the Dursleys. 

So rumour has it that we can expect a Room or Requirement set with Harry, Hermione, Luna, and ‘Otter and Bunny’ - I’m pretty sure that Hermione’s Patronus was an otter, does anyone know if Luna’s was a rabbit? Because that might mean the set’s directly based on the one scene where Dumbledore’s Army was learning Patronuses. Sounds like a must-buy to me! (Not least because Luna’s my favourite character in the franchise.)

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nope, remember the patronus animals included in the set :wink: The otter is Hermione‘s and the hare/rabbit is Luna‘s. Ginny‘s is a hors:tongue:

My bad. I guess im just so desperate for a Ginny minifigure that im clutching at straws! :tongue: :tongue::tongue:

I’m very surprised the DA room of Requirement Set is so small, how much of a build can we expect at that price? It might not even have a proper roof :/ 

Maybe it will look a bit like Snape’s office and classrom,  I can live with that but it could have easily been much bigger and with more figures 

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

I’m very surprised the DA room of Requirement Set is so small, how much of a build can we expect at that price? It might not even have a proper roof :/ 

Maybe it will look a bit like Snape’s office and classrom,  I can live with that but it could have easily been much bigger and with more figures 

I hope it's able to connect with the other Hogwarts sets, so maybe just a really small builiding but with 3 walls and a roof. 

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

My guessing is the Ron included will be wearing his sleeping clothes and have a ‘drunk’ looking face, possibly with a foaming mouth on the reverse. 

''Drunk'' and ''foaming mouth'' are things LEGO will certainly never do

For Ron's face they could do a sleepy/eyes closed face similar to the ones they use for Han Solo when he's in Carbonite.

Even though Privet Drive is based off CoS. It would be nice to see a letter dropping feature from the first film. 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

The Room of Requirement sounds nice, and maybe a good set to get doubles of if it comes with the clockwork death eater.

While I hope they do a clockwork death eater, the fact that they have patronuses might give Lego another excuse to throw in more dementors (boggarts but still getting the most out of the new dementor figs)

I was just thinking about Fred and George and I think the best place to get them would be in their Weasley jumpers in the advent calendar, they would only need new torso prints and the heads could be double sided like the original ones. I really hope that they do this because I need an f and g jumpers for me (Fred) and my brothers (George) sigfigs 

2 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Ginny will be coming either in the CMF or in a Burrow Wedding set next year. 

You don’t know that. This is how false rumors start

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You don’t know that. This is how false rumors start

Of course I don't know it but given that Ginny isn't in any of the sets I find those the most possible places to get her, I didn't mean this as a rumor, I meant it like my assumption.

4 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Of course I don't know it but given that Ginny isn't in any of the sets I find those the most possible places to get her, I didn't mean this as a rumor, I meant it like my assumption.

I know that but there are always people that will take what you say literally and then start posting all over Instagram that it’s confirmed we’re getting Ginny in a cMF this year and then everyone gets mad when it doesn’t happen. We also thought we would surely get her last year since she wasn’t in the first wave in 2018 but it didn’t happen. Personally I think she should have been in the Astronomy Tower instead of Neville

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

23 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I was just thinking about Fred and George and I think the best place to get them would be in their Weasley jumpers in the advent calendar, they would only need new torso prints and the heads could be double sided like the original ones. I really hope that they do this because I need an f and g jumpers for me (Fred) and my brothers (George) sigfigs 

So you and your brother are Fred and George? If you guys are twins as well that would be awesome :laugh_hard:

Apparently 75969 will be a buildable Hedwig. Neat concept but a waste of a set in my opinion. 

I don't see anyone mentioning a Hedwig set. Who's your source?

Apparently 75969 will be a buildable Hedwig. Neat concept but a waste of a set in my opinion. 

So this is probably the 'big set but not a playset' the leaker referred to I suppose. I'm sure Lego will do a good job, but as someone who loves the minifigures it may be my first HP pass.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

So this is probably the 'big set but not a playset' the leaker referred to I suppose. I'm sure Lego will do a good job, but as someone who loves the minifigures it may be my first HP pass.

If it's real I'm honestly kind of glad. Saves me some money for other themes (I'm in love with more themes than my wallet can handle so there have to be compromises :grin:)