Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, deskp said:

nono, I doubt it's printed.

Well stickered then? Either way it doesn't bother me. I just meant some with a cover.

It's a small detail to love, but I kinda like it how there's a potions classroom inside the viaduct entrance (next to AT). This is also roughly where it's located in universe. If I remember correctly from the games, you need to go down a set of stairs, to then reach the potions classroom and dungeons.

They did the same thing with the hospital wing in the Clocktower last year. In universe there's a long hallway from the top of the Clocktower to the actual hospital wing. It's these subtle details I love. Just a bummer they're not consistent with it (big tower near Great Hall not having Dumbledore's office with three towers etc.)

I am wondering what else they might add for castle parts, there's still loads to add, but nothing that's really iconic exterior-wise. There's still room to add classrooms but the rest of the commonrooms are underground so that's not really an option.

7 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Sorry to repeat myself, but hoping to hear some ideas... What's everyone's ideas of the most accurate way to display the current Hogwarts sets? Really trying to find some good ideas from some people in the know. Because LEGO's idea of how they go together is not even close to accurate as far as I can tell. :-)

I made a drawing over a picture of the actual Hogwarts model to show my idea, but the photo was too big to add here. I am not someone to post often so I've no idea how to find a way around it.

But in short:

I would put the Clocktower left of the Great Hall, probably with dumbledore's office and YuleBall in between. To the right of the Great Hall (The big tower), I'd put the Whomping Willow (castle part) altered with the tower the most to the right, Here the entrance can function as the entrance to the Stone Courtyard. Finally the astronomy tower would be a good fit to the right of that set. Hagrid's hut and the Whomping Willow (tree) are located opposite the Clocktower (normally with a cliff and a wooden bridge inbetween) to the left (looking from the clocktower) to the right would be the Quidditch Pitch. The forbidden forest (Aragog's Lair and Expecto Patronum) should be located behind Hagrid's Hut. The rest of the Sets don't really have a specific location at Hogwarts. Hogwarts Express has part of King's Cross which is London (Hogsmeade Station should be at the end of the path continued from the wooden bridge from the Clocktower passing Hagrid's Hut, but this isn't always clear from the films), the Hungarian Horntail and Beaxbatons' carriage can also be placed near Hagrid's Hut and the Quidditch Pitch (or alternatively passed the greenhouses when the AT set comes out since that should connect to some mainland as well, majority of Hogwarst is on a cliff). 

Hoped this helped. I haven't tried it out myself, due to lack of space.

35 minutes ago, deskp said:

nono, I doubt it's printed.

I definitely think the book cover will be printed. As far as I know, LEGO never stickers those pieces unless they’re transparent and used as a display screen. Whenever they’re used as books I believe they’re printed. 
Edit: never mind, sometimes the book covers are stickers. I still hope it’s a print, though. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Another really fantastic wave. Whoever is in charge of the Harry Potter theme is really doing a stellar job every single year. Also comparing some of these sets to the versions we got only a few years ago shows how much LEGO has improved with their designs. It's amazing to see how such a small set like the Room of Requirement has so many details for its build.

So I'm also assuming that pretty much covers all of the castle... aside from maybe the courtyard and a couple of bridges, which are all pretty difficult to render in an exciting set. Hopefully we still get stuff like the Chamber of Secrets separately.

I still have a few minor complaints, mostly regarding the minifigures but I admit I'm being a little nitpicky because they're all pretty good nonetheless. Firstly, while I'm really happy we finally get a Slytherin torso with a cloak I'm a little disappointed it shows up in such a big set, making it impossible to army-build (it was already the case for the one in the first wave too!). Hopefully that is fixed with a CMF series. I would also have expected the black suit version of Draco in this set. And secondly, while the dress pieces for Molly and Bellatrix are far superior to the brick they used in the past, a print would have been really nice. I feel like we're missing a ton of details, especially for Bellatrix's outfit. It was there in the original version of the minifig and it unfortunately looks a bit unfinished and incomplete here.

Other than those little nitpicks, I'm really loving those sets and will gladly be supporting this line once again when it comes out.

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I definitely think the book cover will be printed. As far as I know, LEGO never stickers those pieces unless they’re transparent and used as a display screen. Whenever they’re used as books I believe they’re printed. 
Edit: never mind, sometimes the book covers are stickers. I still hope it’s a print, though. 

The other book in the set is 100% sticker, and i think i can see some sticker edges on this book as well.

4 minutes ago, Elrond said:

Another really fantastic wave. Whoever is in charge of the Harry Potter theme is really doing a stellar job every single year. Also comparing some of these sets to the versions we got only a few years ago shows how much LEGO has improved with their designs. It's amazing to see how such a small set like the Room of Requirement has so many details for its build.

So I'm also assuming that pretty much covers all of the castle... aside from maybe the courtyard and a couple of bridges, which are all pretty difficult to render in an exciting set. Hopefully we still get stuff like the Chamber of Secrets separately.

I still have a few minor complaints, mostly regarding the minifigures but I admit I'm being a little nitpicky because they're all pretty good nonetheless. Firstly, while I'm really happy we finally get a Slytherin torso with a cloak I'm a little disappointed it shows up in such a big set, making it impossible to army-build (it was already the case for the one in the first wave too!). Hopefully that is fixed with a CMF series. I would also have expected the black suit version of Draco in this set. And secondly, while the dress pieces for Molly and Bellatrix are far superior to the brick they used in the past, a print would have been really nice. I feel like we're missing a ton of details, especially for Bellatrix's outfit. It was there in the original version of the minifig and it unfortunately looks a bit unfinished and incomplete here.

Other than those little nitpicks, I'm really loving those sets and will gladly be supporting this line once again when it comes out.

I think the minifigs are everyone’s only complaints really too :)

I feel like they could still make the twin towers, and a courtyard. I would like a bridge and the boathouse but I wonder how they could work.

This picture is quite good. It's not complete but it shows how the Astronomy tower is next to the viaduct entrance and the greenhouses. And it has the clock tower in the background and the great hall (all what we have). I feel like that building we got in the WW shows that they aren't afraid of making less  iconic or recognisable parts. As that isn't really shown on any Hogwarts builds but only in the first 2 movies.

22cb98cbff4d2884a91eb1bd9d65318e.jpg.0d353d7fee0472216f99353c4f8030f5.jpg

Just now, UKFan922 said:

I feel like they could still make the twin towers, and a courtyard. I would like a bridge and the boathouse but I wonder how they could work.

This picture is quite good. It's not complete but it shows how the Astronomy tower is next to the viaduct entrance and the greenhouses. And it has the clock tower in the background and the great hall (all what we have). I feel like that building we got in the WW shows that they aren't afraid of making less  iconic or recognisable parts. As that isn't really shown on any Hogwarts builds but only in the first 2 movies.

"Twin towers" made me do a double take...

I didn't realise Whomping Willow actually represented something, I thought it was just some random castle wall to flesh out the castle in general and that set. What's it supposed to be?

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

I didn't realise Whomping Willow actually represented something, I thought it was just some random castle wall to flesh out the castle in general and that set. What's it supposed to be?

Well those two towers at the back.

Watch CoS scene where they first smash into the tree and the car drives away. 

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - The Ford Anglia has had ...Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)

If I am correct it should be this part of the castle from the second film, right after they escape the Whomping Willow and the car buggers of after kicking Ron and Harry out. With the tunnel as the only really recognisable part in the set. But this was before the major redesigns in films 3 and 4, where these parts don't exist anymore (I think).

(also just found out I could copy and past images from google, just not upload)

Just now, Mordarch said:

If I am correct it should be this part of the castle from the second film, right after they escape the Whomping Willow and the car buggers of after kicking Ron and Harry out. With the tunnel as the only really recognisable part in the set. But this was before the major redesigns in films 3 and 4, where these parts don't exist anymore (I think).

(also just found out I could copy and past images from google, just not upload)

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Watch CoS scene where they first smash into the tree and the car drives away. 

Aha I see, well I had thought about the tunnel but hadn't really noticed the wall.

I always thought that WW looked a bit like the part of castle directly beside the Staircase Tower.

Edited by Brick Guru

1 hour ago, UKFan922 said:

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

I looked back and forth between to Whomping willow and Hogwarts layout then I just realized the middle part of Whopping set can represent small tower and the small bridge on the back that will connect to the viaduct entrance. It surprisingly similar. 

So for the front view we still missing front part of the quad ( between GH and a part of whomping set), courtyard And long stone bridge. 

Edited by Bluetus

Just now, Brick Guru said:

I always thought that WW looked a bit like the part of castle directly beside the Staircase Tower.

This is the entrance to the Stone Courtyard. 

Maleficium Imperium - Ground/ First Floor : The Quad Showing 1-1 of 1

This image is from the HP6 game, where you can get a good feel of where things are located in Hogwarts. It has two of these tunnels, one that connects to the viaduct area and the other that connects to some kind of earthy pathway, that loops back to the boathouse.

1 minute ago, Brick Guru said:

Yes ! We can take of left and right wall of the WW then we will have that part !!

but the question is do they will make the building in between ? ( the quad)

I was wondering which version of Ford Anglia you guys like more? 2018 or 2020? I'll have to go with 2018, it just looks better overall.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I was wondering which version of Ford Anglia you guys like more? 2018 or 2020? I'll have to go with 2018, it just looks better overall.

I actually prefer the 2020 version.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really don’t see a difference between the two except the hood, I guess the 2018.

47 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

But this was before the major redesigns in films 3 and 4, where these parts don't exist anymore (I think).

That area was removed after HBP. 

48 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

They're called the Bell Towers :) 

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Going to try to combine the two and fit two minifigs side by side, maybe raise the 2020 bonnet by one plate if possible. 

It's exhausting how much the castle changed over the years. It was really shoddy work on the film makers' parts and removes any idea of continuity. If I was JK Rowling I would have been POed at them for changing the castle and the characters (Fat Lady, Fltiwick, Tom, etc.) so much. 

3 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

It's exhausting how much the castle changed over the years. It was really shoddy work on the film makers' parts and removes any idea of continuity. If I was JK Rowling I would have been POed at them for changing the castle and the characters (Fat Lady, Fltiwick, Tom, etc.) so much. 

Yeah, it's quite irritating because I'm trying to build my own Hogwarts and I have to decide which movie to base it off of. Entire sections and towers were added and removed and it's all rather frustrating. I found a site that shows all the differences throughout the films if you would like to take a look: https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/129604/what-changes-have-been-made-to-hogwarts-throughout-the-series

8 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

It's exhausting how much the castle changed over the years. It was really shoddy work on the film makers' parts and removes any idea of continuity.

Well it just evolved, into something far better than it started out as.  Mind it kind of peaked in half blood prince.

Just now, Brick Guru said:

Yeah, it's quite irritating because I'm trying to build my own Hogwarts and I have to decide which movie to base it off of. Entire sections and towers were added and removed and it's all rather frustrating.

just pick half blood prince, theres 1000's of photographs of the miniature from that film.

I still like the design of the castle in films 1 and 2 the best. It was classic and homely and cosy and what I imagine the castle to look like when reading.