Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

31 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Next one is probably gonna be based on Battle of Hogwarts.

It would make sense to release a Hogwarts section on DH next, I do however think if that is the case it’ll only be a similar set to the last Battle of Hogwarts.  I’d imagine we’d get another larger section like the Bell Towers or Ravenclaw Tower.  Besides we don’t have a section of the castle from movies 3 or 5 yet.  

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a lime green book I see on the shelf in the Ravenclaw dorms?

I mean just wow 🥰

I LOVE the attention to detail in The Burrow set! Anybody else spotted the Chudley Cannons poster/bedspread, the Weird Sisters poster and the Weasley photo from their trip to Egypt?

Super hyped for all of these sets! The wait was worth it for sure! 

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

Besides we don’t have a section of the castle from movies 3 or 5 yet.  

Figures etc aren't from 3 but the Clocktower itself is very much a movie 3 set imo

Just2good said that Hedwig was exclusive to B&N and the Burrow was exclusive to Target in the US. However both sets are on the US LEGO store labeled "coming soon" along with the other new sets. How does this work?

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Sets will be released on July 1 in the United States!  Check LEGO Shop!  Actually, there's no Burrow listed there, so there's something odd going on.   That one's a Target exclusive, which makes me think Target might get the whole wave early on June 1...or August 1.  Time will tell!  But everything except the Burrow is officially July 1 through LEGO directly for US fans.  That's a lot better than August, IMO.

EDIT: Looks like Buildable Hedwig will also be a retail exclusive, this time for the ailing Barnes and Noble.  Retail exclusives...what bunk!

Also, the pre-order may or may not be available for all regions.  Check out this article by The Brothers Brick:

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/04/28/six-new-lego-harry-potter-sets-revealed-for-summer-2020-with-centaurs-hogwarts-expansion-buildable-hedwig-and-more-news/

I’ll definitely take July over August!

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a lime green book I see on the shelf in the Ravenclaw dorms?

I want to see what's on the cover, too.

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

Just2good said that Hedwig was exclusive to B&N and the Burrow was exclusive to Target in the US. However both sets are on the US LEGO store labeled "coming soon" along with the other new sets. How does this work?

Not sure.  The Burrow has a release date of August 1, while all the others, including Hedwig, have July.  I don't mind staggered release dates, I just wish the US could get something in June.  Oh, well.  I suspect LEGO has a coordinated promotion with Target again this year, and that's why the Burrow is especially delayed, but we'll see.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Figures etc aren't from 3 but the Clocktower itself is very much a movie 3 set imo

True, and I do agree with that, either way there is a lot more to do imo.

Do we know if we are going to get robed versions of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff in the CMF? 

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

The lego store typically gets exclusives at the same time as their retail partners. It’s just other third party retailers, like Walmart or independent toy stores, that have to wait for the sets until the exclusivity period is over. 

2 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

That intrigued me as well!

I agree. The Clocktower is much more prominent in PoA than GoF. Alfonso Cuaron used it centrally in the film because of the significance of time in the story. 

I don’t really get the white doorways in the astronomy tower. They feel very out of place. I would replace them with tan bows and such. 

What's to fit on top of the room of requirement, I wonder... does anyone else see potential to add on top? Almost as if in homage to the first waves of HP sets (which, I believe until Prisoner of Azkaban, could all be placed on top of on another....)...

Just now, The Real Walkers said:

What's to fit on top of the room of requirement, I wonder... does anyone else see potential to add on top? Almost as if in homage to the first waves of HP sets (which, I believe until Prisoner of Azkaban, could all be placed on top of on another....)...

The walls are almost completely smooth and there are no studs sticking out so I doubt they will release anything to put on top of it

I’m actually quite pleased with the updates on the Ford Anglia, particularly the hood. I’m also really glad they kept the printed stripe on the doors

I am, however, genuinely disappointed that the Astronomy Tower doesn’t have the Vanshing Cabinet

The walls are almost completely smooth and there are no studs sticking out so I doubt they will release anything to put on top of it

I admit, I was looking at how smooth those top bits were and actually trying to see if legitimately it could be built upon...!

Just now, Borex said:

I don’t really get the white doorways in the astronomy tower. They feel very out of place. I would replace them with tan bows and such. 

well the one in front of the round window isn't tan, because tan would make the window look less round from the outside.

the wide doorways i imagine don't come in many colors?

Just now, deskp said:

well the one in front of the round window isn't tan, because tan would make the window look less round from the outside.

the wide doorways i imagine don't come in many colors?

Pretty sure they are new pieces

Pretty sure they are new pieces

are they for some mini-doll themes? or the juniors?

Now I’m hoping they do giants for the battle of hogwarts in the same style if not bigger than grawp, a courtyard would be amazing. Have the courtyard next to a bit of the castle, have a giant, giant spiders, Voldemort and Harry duelling in the middle and some death eaters and students 

Little confused about the Burrow releasing in August while the rest are coming in July—if it’s a Target exclusive, does that mean it’ll release in July at Target? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part? 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

About how long from end to end would this display be? I'm guessing it would require a VERY long shelf or table?

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

I didn't like the Great Hall, Whomping Willow, or Clocktower playsets, but the Astronomy Tower looks nice.

Unfortunately it's still not really possible to connect the buildings the way they are in the movie...

ICqBtfN.png

My eyes apparently aren't great. Green is the Great Hall, Blue is the Whomping Willow, Purple is the Astronomy Tower and greenhouses, and Red is the Clocktower?

14 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

I want to see what's on the cover, too.

I'd guess it's most likely blank.

Although, the Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore was lime green with a lavender front (sticker?) - though that is Deathly Hallows so i'm probably just getting my hopes up