Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I’ve seen several people say they don’t like the way Grawp looks.

He’s made just like Aries from the first Wonder Woman  movie which is exactly what I was expecting   

What were you guys expecting? 

Just now, Slave2Leia said:

I’ve seen several people say they don’t like the way Grawp looks.

He’s made just like Aries from the first Wonder Woman  movie which is exactly what I was expecting   

What were you guys expecting? 

I was expecting to hate Grawp.  :tongue:

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Better than not having them at all like the clock tower imo

Do we know who designed the sets? They just seem to have a very different feel to them than the previous two waves. You know what I mean? Not in a bad way, just different

That's true. I guess if none of the sets are consistent in that regard then is there any inconstsency at all, if you get what I mean.

I totally agree, they seem... different, somehow. I'm not sure how to describe it. I don't know if it could just be the slightly shiny look of these presumably early renders?

It could also be that both Clock Tower and Great Hall had very front-facing grey roofs, whereas the AT is more just tan-front.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Just now, Zepthire said:

Haven't seen anyone discuss this yet. I terribly photoshopped the AT next to the Clock Tower and realised the towers are right next to each other and doesn't look right. Do you think the RoR will go between them or am I being silly? I can't wait to see what the official connected picture looks like.

It looks like it splits into multiple sections so maybe they'll do that.

Just now, RandomSniper109 said:

I don’t get why everyone is hating on Hedwig so much, it’s a good cheap set that looks like an owl and has some kind of mechanical feature, I like it

I like it as well.  Wings flap....

Coming home from a long day of work to all these set reveals felt like the best reward ever! The burrow and the AT are clear standouts, so happy to have nymphadora Tonks confirmed as a mining :D will definitely try and get a pink hairpiece to replace the brown though. I'm so happy that the AT also included the greenhouse and east wing separate from the tower itself really expands the Hogwarts grounds. Wasn't hyped for privet drive but I am now. Awesome wave yet again.

Privet Drive is a real great set. I want to see a neighbourhood full of these houses. 
I don’t collect HP, but everytime when a new wave comes out i envy you all. 
Great sets!

(and the burrows remind me of those Fabuland buildings on top of eachother :-D) 

i want the centaurs (and the new cheetah for making a spotted centaur). 

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Do we know who designed the sets? They just seem to have a very different feel to them than the previous two waves. You know what I mean? Not in a bad way, just different

Maybe it looks a little different too because the box arts are now cgi like (if that makes sense) rather than the actual physical Lego bricks.

Finally! While those sets are great, all of them (except RoR) have parts that I don't like and seem off. 

75966 is amazing. Build looks great, and so do the minfigures and accessories,. It's so nice to get that Death Eater mannequin and three new torsos. I wonder if those pin holes are to connect it to Hogwarts? 

75967 is a good set. Minfigures are especially great in this one and I love the tree build, and nice details like bicycle handle. Unfortunately, Grawp doesn't look that great.

75968 is great. I love Dursleys minfigs. House, while it's really crampy, still looks great. What I don't like is another Ford Anglia. They could have easily excluded that and Ron, and give us a bigger house.

75969 is awesome, I love this build, it has lots of rooms which I love. Minfigures are also great here. What I don't like is sand green colour parts of the castle. All previous castle expansions didn't include pieces in this colour, so why this one does? Hate that inconsistency. I also don't like those white door holding pieces, they seem off.

75979... not a fan of that one. Hedwig's body looks great, but her head looks so off that it ruins the whole fig for me. The idea of her on a stand holding a letter is great tho.

75980 is the best set from those. Burrow is so incredible and has SO MANY ROOMS. Minfigures are great - we finally get Ginny and Tonks, but I most say I hate Molly, previous version looks much better in my opinion. I also don't like the flame build.

Just now, Zepthire said:

Haven't seen anyone discuss this yet. I terribly photoshopped the AT next to the Clock Tower and realised the towers are right next to each other and doesn't look right. Do you think the RoR will go between them or am I being silly? I can't wait to see what the official connected picture looks like.

I really like the Grawp tbh, he's pretty cute looking. Brick built Hedwig would look better upright I feel, will bricklink the figure.

If you look close it looks like the small building next to the tower pegs onto it so it could be separated.  It could put in between the clock tower and the astronomy tower, although it doesn’t look like the greenhouse separates off of it so maybe that won’t work.  The astronomy tower also has two sets of pegs going in two different directions on the back right side.  

I like that we get Dolores Umbridge proclamations 

I think Grawp looks ok.

So there are only 4 sets left to see... 75978, Diagon Alley, CMF and Advent Calendar. 75978 is probably a June sets, so it shouldn't be too long before we see it.

24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That looks great, thanks for sharing. So the clock tower now officially switches places with the WW. Guess I'll do that with mine when I get to my sets again.

5 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I don’t get why everyone is hating on Hedwig so much, it’s a good cheap set that looks like an owl and has some kind of mechanical feature, I like it

I cant speak for others, but I like it, but would rather spend my money on the other sets.

There‘s so many details they didn‘t have to put in there but still did, like the Weasley‘s family photo in Egypt from PoA, the pictures of Cedric and the first Order of the Phoenix, Umbridge‘s declarations and so on. You can tell that the designers love HP as much as we do :wub:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

WOW! ?

The AT fits in great, even the slight variations on the tops of the towers work the castle was probably built over decades so it makes sense that they would be slight variations.  I really hope they continue making sets that add on to the castle, it looks fantastic.  

Edited by Slave2Leia

32 minutes ago, Thieda said:

The colours seem a lot more vibrant compared to the previous 2 waves.

36 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think this (below) shows why they look different. They're clearly using some different sort of CGI that's making the colours a lot brighter. I wonder if that's deliberate since the films are darker and so they want to make the bright colours appeal to kids even if the film events don't?

25 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just now, Zepthire said:

That looks great, thanks for sharing. So the clock tower now officially switches places with the WW. Guess I'll do that with mine when I get to my sets again.

that is not an official image, just a photoshop from that website.

Just now, deskp said:

that is not an official image, just a photoshop from that website.

Oh, okay :tongue: I'll hold fire on doing that for now then. Still, looks great and I'd be surprised if that's not what they decided to do.

11 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I'm not hating it - it's a nice set. But as someone who mainly collects things that are minifig scale and is coming to terms with the fact that my Lego room isn't a Tardis I probably won't buy it. And my wallet appreciates that sometimes Lego makes a set that I think is cool but have no desire to own. ;)

7 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

I really like the Grawp tbh, he's pretty cute looking. Brick built Hedwig would look better upright I feel, will bricklink the figure.

If you look at the online maps of Hogwarts the pictures on the box of the Clocktower connecting to the whopping willow set seemed to place it in the wrong place.  It should be on the opposite side of the great hall, but this makes it hard to photograph which is why I think the box art people effectively showed the clocktower in the wrong spot on the box.

If you connect the new Astronomy tower set directly to the whopping willow set it puts both the tower itself and the two spire entry way in the correct spots.  You can compare to microscale Hogwarts and see that the design of the Astronomy tower matches perfectly if you move the clocktower.