Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think I'm going insane. When I read "I found picture of Astronomy Tower" my heart started beating crazy and I scrolled so fast my phone glitched.

My heart started beating like crazy when I left for 40 minutes and saw 20+ replies. This is getting pretty wacky. 

@MaxHeadroom I saw you mentioning in one post that lego was originally planning to make Harry Potter an evergreen theme, how do you know this? and if it is indeed true, is that still the case?

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Maybe you shouldn't roast this guy as he may have actually seen it....or not?:shrug_confused:

He has a track record of BS going back to the beginning of this theme. However, you are right in that maybe we shouldn’t be bashing the guy about something we have no proof of quite yet. Tensions are just running a bit high

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Maybe you shouldn't roast this guy as he may have actually seen it....or not?:shrug_confused:

No he hasn’t seen it and if by some minuscule chance he has seen, it’s only a matter of time before it leaks everywhere else. If Voldemort wants to redeem himself, he can spill the beans but the fact that he has said nothing since proves he’s lying. He just dropped a vague reply not citing any source. Usually I defend leakers like Random Blocker last year but this guy doesn’t deserve it.

Edited by RODDY

Just now, MaximVlogs said:

let him throw a link where he saw АТ

Not really supposed to here, but he could easily just say the name of the site without linking to it. But he won’t because he didn’t see it

Just now, RODDY said:

No he hasn’t seen it and if by some minuscule chance he has seen, it’s only a matter of time before it leaks everywhere else. If Voldemort wants to redeem himself, he can spill the beans but the fact that he has said nothing since proves he’s lying. 

Precisely 

So we're in the final book now? Everyone is fighting lord Voldemort?

Either way back to topic. I really hope the sets will be revealed by may 1st. Otherwise it might get overshadowed by may the fourth (assuming star wars gets something then) and otherwise it might take even longer.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

To make the wait a little less boring: does anybody think we could ever be getting:

1. sets based of of cursed child

2. sets based of some big HP games like Hogwarts mystery or the new game in development

3. something like a student battlepack or a set to fill your castle up with brooms, owls, letters, food, plants, etc.

I know it's not really on topic but ya know

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Either way back to topic. 

:grin:

Just now, Kid Flash said:

3. something like a student battlepack or a set to fill your castle up with brooms, owls, letters, food, plants, etc.

Well I think the brickheadz could give us a nice idea of what we can expect. There's the hogwarts student brickheadz and we still don't know what character he is. I for one think it might be a build your own student kind of set like the wedding brickheadz and the one where you could make yourself. If that's the case I think we could see stuff like that pop up in the sets as well.

For the other thing, there's the dc activity book with accessories based on a recent survey or something that said kids wanted more accessories. If that one does well I can see them do it for Harry Potter as well. But that's as far as I can go without going too much off topic.

Just now, Kid Flash said:

To make the wait a little less boring: does anybody think we could ever be getting:

2. sets based of some big HP games like Hogwarts mystery or the new game in development

1. No. The only thing I could see happening post-DH is, if we ever get a UCS Hogwarts Express, they might include figures based on the epilogue sequence. Even then, it'd be based on DH and not CC, but it'd be something.

2. Highly unlikely. I could see there being one if we get some huge triple-A game, but I think the most Hogwarts Mystery of games of the like might get would be small references, or at most an interior castle room.

3. Well, the 2 polybags include lots of different accessories for castle building, as does the 2019 calendar. As for a figure pack, we can always hope, but I have doubts.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

1. No. The only thing I could see happening post-DH is, if we ever get a UCS Hogwarts Express

Now that you mention it, I'd be down for one

17 minutes ago, Kid Flash said:

@MaxHeadroom I saw you mentioning in one post that lego was originally planning to make Harry Potter an evergreen theme, how do you know this? and if it is indeed true, is that still the case?

The head designer mentioned it in an interview. I believe they were considering it before the first wave released and with how successful it is I'm sure that's still the case. 

Of course 'evergreen' doesn't actually mean it will last forever but that LEGO plans to continue the line for the foreseeable future and probably won't cancel the theme unless something big changes. Wizarding World sells incredibly well considering how few sets it has compared to other themes like Star Wars, Technic, or City. Unless LEGO makes a large mistake with the line like spreading it too thin I doubt the line will be cancelled. LEGO knows HP sets sell well with no new movie (or even spinoff movie) promoting the brand. At most LEGO will simply drop the "Wizarding World" branding. 

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

The head designer mentioned it in an interview. I believe they were considering it before the first wave released and with how successful it is I'm sure that's still the case. 

Of course 'evergreen' doesn't actually mean it will last forever but that LEGO plans to continue the line for the foreseeable future and probably won't cancel the theme unless something big changes. Wizarding World sells incredibly well considering how few sets it has compared to other themes like Star Wars, Technic, or City. Unless LEGO makes a large mistake with the line like spreading it too thin I doubt the line will be cancelled. LEGO knows HP sets sell well with no new movie (or even spinoff movie) promoting the brand. At most LEGO will simply drop the "Wizarding World" branding. 

Thanks! Extremely happy to hear read that it will most likely stick around for a while

5 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

So we're in the final book now? Everyone is fighting lord Voldemort?

Either way back to topic. I really hope the sets will be revealed by may 1st. Otherwise it might get overshadowed by may the fourth (assuming star wars gets something then) and otherwise it might take even longer.

Star Wars won't get any new reveals for May 4th, it's just the Death Star II GWP and the UCS A-Wing (both of which have been revealed). The other sets don't come out untill august

4 minutes ago, Kid Flash said:

1. Highly unlikely imo, especially considering most fans hate it and lego has never made sets directly based on a play before (and the actors differ per show so....)

2. Probably not, we've never really gotten sets based off mobile games (afaik). If the rumored Harry Potter RPG still comes out sets based on that are definetely a possibility

3. As much as I'd love to see battlepacks I doubt we'll see any in this theme

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Well I think the brickheadz could give us a nice idea of what we can expect. There's the hogwarts student brickheadz and we still don't know what character he is. I for one think it might be a build your own student kind of set like the wedding brickheadz and the one where you could make yourself. If that's the case I think we could see stuff like that pop up in the sets as well.

Same thoughts here

Just now, SupesBatsy said:

Just to be clear: how many sets (besides the HP ones) still have to leak?

You mean the sets released in June? One Hidden Side set and that's it, I think. The other missing sets are released in August and therefore won't leak for another month at least :classic:

Just now, SupesBatsy said:

Just to be clear: how many sets (besides the HP ones) still have to leak?

Some Ninjago sets and I think that's it. Not sure about themes I don't care about, but there could be some City, Friends, Technic or Hidden Side sets. 

Harry Potter is the only theme without a single leaked set tho.

Some Ninjago sets and I think that's it. Not sure about themes I don't care about, but there could be some City, Friends, Technic or Hidden Side sets. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

You mean the sets released in June? One Hidden Side set and that's it, I think. The other missing sets are released in August and therefore won't leak for another month at least :classic:

That's what I thought ?

I don't understand how nothing about HP has leaked yet, we've had the figures but not even a blurry pic of a set e.e

13 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

1. No. The only thing I could see happening post-DH is, if we ever get a UCS Hogwarts Express, they might include figures based on the epilogue sequence. Even then, it'd be based on DH and not CC, but it'd be something.

That would actually be perfect. We would be getting all the new characters (well except for Delphi) and new variants of old characters. And they will look right next to the other Lego figures (like a Lego HP canon) which wouldn't work too well if they did the cc play, there would be some continuity. Of course a set like that would likely only come at the end of the run, before we could see potential remakes of sets.

13 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

2. Highly unlikely. I could see there being one if we get some huge triple-A game, but I think the most Hogwarts Mystery of games of the like might get would be small references, or at most an interior castle room.

Of course it also greatly depends on Warner Bros. I think lego would make the sets right away when given the opportunity. But Warner Bros hasn't really given us any merchandise for anything other than the movies as of yet. The moment we see a change in that (that's not just a one off thing like a promotion or something) we could see more from Lego as well.

Are we even sure the sets release in June and not August? It’s kinda strange we haven’t even seen a single leak yet. 

Or My desperation for the reveals is driving me insane thinking the sets release in August.

Right, unless you count the polybag :wink:

I hope we get to see proper pictures right away rather than the video-type leaks we got for the other themes, just as compensation for the additional time we had to wait :grin:

23 minutes ago, Kid Flash said:

1. Definitely not. Closest idea would be if it was based off the epilogue scene, which I highly doubt they'd make as it'd just be at platform 9 and 3/4 so the only new thing would be the figs. Or if they ever make a film of the play (which I am strongly opposed to as Cursed Child is not Canon).

2. Nope sorry, the only game I can think Lego based sets off were Overwatch and Minecraft. Also Hogwarts Mystery is an awful game IMO.

3. I do like that idea. I could imagine something like that. Maybe akin to the Lego Xtra's, have for example 4 pairs of wands, a few cauldrons, Broomsticks, crystal balls etc.