Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Sure but these sets will leak a few days before they'll get revealed

Maybe it could look similar to the Great Hall. Having the Hall as the Chamber itself with 1 side being open and the snake heads on the other side, the ''courtyard'' in front of the hall could be turned into the door and its surrounding area and then the tower could be replaced with pipes running up to Myrtle's bathroom. If done well I think they could do this on a $100 budget

I think it could be done for less than 100 but that just depend on the basilisk, if it’s brick built or not, if it was brick built it would have to be on a scale between the lego game and the great hall basilisk but that would use a lot of pieces 2/300+

56 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Anyone else constantly refreshing #legoleaks just in case?

Oh yes. But considering we got Ninjago leaks earlier I'm not really expecting anything today. And I'm thinking we're going to have to sit through Hidden Side, Friends and maybe even Star Wars leaks first (have I missed any other themes?) so I'm gearing myself up to maybe wait another week. :sadnew:

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Oh yes. But considering we got Ninjago leaks earlier I'm not really expecting anything today. And I'm thinking we're going to have to sit through Hidden Side, Friends and maybe even Star Wars leaks first (have I missed any other themes?) so I'm gearing myself up to maybe wait another week. :sadnew:

Jurassic world?

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Star Wars next sets don't come out untill august so I wouldn't expect any pictures for them now

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maybe it could look similar to the Great Hall. Having the Hall as the Chamber itself with 1 side being open and the snake heads on the other side, the ''courtyard'' in front of the hall could be turned into the door and its surrounding area and then the tower could be replaced with pipes running up to Myrtle's bathroom. If done well I think they could do this on a $100 budget

Yeah I don't think integration into the rest of Hogwarts would be an issue with CoS or the forbidden corridor from PS. Making the bathroom on an upper level that has a wall connecting to other Hogwarts sets, and then the slide to the CoS on ground level. The potions labs should be underground but they're on the ground level so there's no reason they couldn't apply the same reaosning.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Just now, RandomSniper109 said:

Jurassic world?

Definetely looking forward to those, we did just get (translated) descriptions for all of those sets

1 hour ago, SideSwept said:

Sorry, but I’ve got very little sympathy for any argument against more sets. You have a fairly long span of time to purchase them, and they are often discounted. Everybody has their budget, but your budget is your own. Complaining about too many HP Lego sets on a topic dedicated to fans of HP Lego... Let people enjoy things. 

I have sympathy for them. People want to have complete collections and I don't blame them. This year we're getting a 6 set wave, 2 Brickheads sets, an expensive D2C, a minifigure wave (now with the new higher price in the US), a polybag, a book with exclusive minifigure, and an advent Calendar. That's enough. Even people who just want the minifigure stuff still have a lot to collect more than the last two years since now they have to spend $400 on a D2C. Also while these sets may be out for awhile there will also be another wave in a year. 

This year we're already getting 2 $100 sets and a $70 set so I think we're good on large sets. We also have a $20 and $30 set so I think we're good with small sets. There is a bit of a gap for a mid-range set though even when you include the buildable owl.  I'd be down for an-otter $50 set but not the Chamber of Secrets. This wave is meant to represent OOTP/HBP and we already have 1 COS set. COS already uses more of the budget than OOTP and I feel it would a bit overboard to give it as many sets as OOTP and HBP. If anything I think we should get a midrange ministry set like Kingnono mentioned awhile ago. 

We know LEGO planned for HP to be an evergreen theme when they were bringing it back and with how successful it has been it probably will be. There will be plenty of time for them to release a Chamber if Secrets set and sets from other previously covered films later. One of the best things about the HP reboot is that LEGO uses it sparingly. It's reasonably manageable for your average kid or collector to get the whole line (when excluding the things that aren't minifigure scale) this then encourages kids and collectors to attempt to do so. 

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's my main reason for not wanting the CoS this year. It should be a $80-100 set to really do it justice and with that I mean also including the pipes, door and possibly Myrtle's bathroom

Yeah exactly, I'd want it to be a decent Chamber of Secrets not a mediocre one with bits missing.

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m shocked people want it to be a chamber of secrets considering it will probably be not a large set considering the burrow and astronomy tower 

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the folks commenting here are saying they “want” it to be a Chamber of Secrets set.

It sounds like people are just trying to add _kingnono_’s clues together in a logical way.

I still stand by my prediction from the day we got the set numbers, which I have been endlessly ridiculed for by some of our more outspoken forum friends:

75978 will be a Battle in the Ministry of Magic Atrium set, featuring Lord Voldemort (the other Tom from the latest clue), Professor Dumbledore, Harry Potter, Minister Fudge, and Percy Weasley.

The build will be focused on the Fountain of Magical Brethren (where the iconic underground battle scene takes place) and a side build will be Voldemort’s magic fire snake, similar to the controversial Basilisk build from 2018.

I guess we will all learn the truth in a matter of hours, days, weeks? The wait is killing me! Haha

I really hope we don’t have to wait another week. I really thought it would be today but I’m starting think that was too much to hope for. There’s still time but I’m doubting it

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

I have sympathy for them. People want to have complete collections and I don't blame them. This year we're getting a 6 set wave, 2 Brickheads sets, an expensive D2C, a minifigure wave (now with the new higher price in the US), a polybag, a book with exclusive minifigure, and an advent Calendar. That's enough. Even people who just want the minifigure stuff still have a lot to collect more than the last two years since now they have to spend $400 on a D2C. Also while these sets may be out for awhile there will also be another wave in a year. 

This year we're already getting 2 $100 sets and a $70 set so I think we're good on large sets. We also have a $20 and $30 set so I think we're good with small sets. There is a bit of a gap for a mid-range set though even when you include the buildable owl.  I'd be down for an-otter $50 set but not the Chamber of Secrets. This wave is meant to represent OOTP/HBP and we already have 1 COS set. COS already uses more of the budget than OOTP and I feel it would a bit overboard to give it as many sets as OOTP and HBP. If anything I think we should get a midrange ministry set like Kingnono mentioned awhile ago. 

We know LEGO planned for HP to be an evergreen theme when they were bringing it back and with how successful it has been it probably will be. There will be plenty of time for them to release a Chamber if Secrets set and sets from other previously covered films later. One of the best things about the HP reboot is that LEGO uses it sparingly. It's reasonably manageable for your average kid or collector to get the whole line (when excluding the things that aren't minifigure scale) this then encourages kids and collectors to attempt to do so. 

Well said 

Just now, sebastian666 said:

I still stand by my prediction from the day we got the set numbers, which I have been endlessly ridiculed for by some of our more outspoken forum friends:

People not agreeing with you and ridiculing are not the same thing

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

I agree. Just because you don't want more sets because you fear it'll be too expensive isn't trying to stop people enjoying stuff, they're just hoping the range stays affordable to them. Everyone's situation is unique and if you're on a budget, LEGO is something you want to space out purchases, which is difficult to do with their limited shelf life and there being a new wave every year; having tons of sets you can't get is frustrating and disappointing for them. I'm not saying that other people who could afford double the size of the wave should be punished as that person suggested - and it's not like these additional sets may never come. It's just something people have a right to have selfish opinions about.

No one is ridiculing you - you are entitled to your opinion and so are others, and this thread is called "Rumours and Discussion", so it is discussed.

And please quit with the passive aggressive "some of our more outspoken forum friends".

12 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the folks commenting here are saying they “want” it to be a Chamber of Secrets set.

It sounds like people are just trying to add _kingnono_’s clues together in a logical way.

75978 will be a Battle in the Ministry of Magic Atrium set, featuring Lord Voldemort (the other Tom from the latest clue), Professor Dumbledore, Harry Potter, Minister Fudge, and Percy Weasley.

The build will be focused on the Fountain of Magical Brethren (where the iconic underground battle scene takes place) and a side build will be Voldemort’s magic fire snake, similar to the controversial Basilisk build from 2018.

I guess we will all learn the truth in a matter of hours, days, weeks? The wait is killing me! Haha

With how specific your prediction is, you’re bound to be at least partially wrong though. And no this isn’t you being ridiculed 

No need to get your wands in a knot,  @Guyon2002 & @sammy_zammy :wink:. I value and appreciate your opinions, even when I disagree with them.

I’m curious about what the general consensus is now on 75978...

Who thinks it will be a Ministry of Magic set? Who thinks it will be the Chamber of Secrets? Who still thinks it is the D2C or something else entirely?

Edited by sebastian666

Who thinks it will be a Ministry of Magic set? Who thinks it will be the Chamber of Secrets? Who still thinks it is the D2C or something else entirely?

I'm a bit on the fence about this one, the only scenario I definetely don't think will happen is D2C + CoS. It just doesn't make much sense to put another set based on the second movie in a wave focused on movies 5 and 6. And given I personally don't think the Chamber could be done justice with a budget under $80 and I doubt they'll have 3 ~$100 sets in just one year (excluding the D2C) I think a ~$50 set based off the MoM's Atrium makes the most sense. In the end there is both evidence for and against getting another set but if it happens there is no doubt in my mind it will turn out as you predicted (maybe not 100% though as minifigure predictions always tend to be a bit off).

No need to get your wands in a knot,  @Guyon2002 & @sammy_zammy :wink:. I value and appreciate your opinions, even when I disagree with them.

I’m curious about what the general consensus is now on 75978...

In the original Harry Potter 2020 chat, there was lots of prediction lists, and one of the most common idea was this ministry of magic duel, similar to the graveyard set from last year, I hope it is this set because it will be reasonably priced and would be something we haven’t gotten before, but I’m leaning more towards the chamber of secret as what makes most sense with the information we have

In the original Harry Potter 2020 chat, there was lots of prediction lists, and one of the most common idea was this ministry of magic duel, similar to the graveyard set from last year, I hope it is this set because it will be reasonably priced and would be something we haven’t gotten before, but I’m leaning more towards the chamber of secret as what makes most sense with the information we have

A ~$20 set based of Dumbeldore and Voldemorts duel would be fantastic imo

Hopefully we'd get some spell/energy pieces that can connect onto the new wands, or just the same ones that are used for the superhero set, but with a connector to the wands

Just dumbledore, Voldemort, maybe Harry,  a bit of scenery such as posters or the fountain and some new pieces that can attach on the end of wands to use as spells would be one of my dream sets

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

Hopefully we'd get some spell/energy pieces that can connect onto the new wands, or just the same ones that are used for the superhero set, but with a connector to the wands

Exactly what I was thinking :)

Just dumbledore, Voldemort, maybe Harry,  a bit of scenery such as posters or the fountain and some new pieces that can attach on the end of wands to use as spells would be one of my dream sets

It should probably be a bit more expensive though, just to get the Fountain of Magical Brethren

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

While I'd love spell pieces I don't really see how they could properly attach other pieces on the end of the wandpiece without redesigning it. It's not a completely straight piece after all, it gets smaller to the top

While I'd love spell pieces I don't really see how they could properly attach other pieces on the end of the wandpiece without redesigning it. It's not a completely straight piece after all, it gets smaller to the top

Yeah, that's the problem I've also thought of. Maybe a piece that starts small, with a hole the size of the ones in some hair pieces, that gets bigger to allow extensions

It should probably be a bit more expensive though, just to get the Fountain of Magical Brethren

The only way I think they could have spells with the current wands it to have a new dual moulded piece that is the wand and the spell together because otherwise I think the wands would be too thin and might break easily

The only way I think they could have spells with the current wands it to have a new dual moulded piece that is the wand and the spell together because otherwise I think the wands would be too thin and might break easily

That's not a bad call, actually, but it would make it difficult for characters with different wand colours, and the different colours of spells, etc

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I think they could use green and red versions of the spell / energy pieces used in the Thestral Carriage set that can be flicked off the minifigs hands. I would also really love to see spell builds like Voldemort’s fire snake and Dumbledore’s water ball.

2 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I think the base idea works really well but you'd run into problems when it comes to wand colors, especially with characters like Voldemort and Picquery who are the only ones with white and purple wands

I think they could use green and red versions of the spell / energy pieces used in the Thestral Carriage set that can be flicked off the minifigs hands. I would also really love to see spell builds like Voldemort’s fire snake and Dumbledore’s water ball.

While expensive it would be cool to have a blue version of the Gyrosphere as that water ball, I don't know if they could do it in another way. Voldemort's firesnake shouldn't be hard to do