Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Clearer images of the books have been posted on Instagram.

The cover of the pop up box says there's also a diagon alley pop up, I guess it's on the back.

Plus it definitely says there's a qr code for a demo video, really wanna know where that's all about.

Official names of the sets:

75966: Hogwarts Room of Requirement

75967: Forbidden Forest: Umbridge Encounter

75968: 4 Privet Drive

75969: Hogwarts Astronomy Tower

75979: Hedwig

75980: Attack on the Burrow

59 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

So can anyone actually explain what the phrase “next weekend” means? Is it this weekend for the reveals or next week for the reveals?

The reason why it was brought up was that it could mean either in German.

You wont have an answer what was meant unless, you wait...        or just ask the guy yourself?      ----> https://www.promobricks.de/

26 minutes ago, Jinzol said:

Official names of the sets:

75967: Forbidden Forest: Umbridge Encounter

Of course, because in a set featuring a giant and two centaurs, the most surprising and marketable encounter is with a middle-aged woman. Makes sense.

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Of course, because in a set featuring a giant and two centaurs, the most surprising and marketable encounter is with a middle-aged woman. Makes sense.

I found the names on stonewars. They changed them a few hours ago. Before the change was only forbidden forest. They also moved the podcast from Wednesday to Friday, so I thought that the set pictures would be seen yesterday, but think that they will be leaked today.

Burrow description has leaked. Not many specifics other than recreating the fire attack with “special flames”, recreating Christmas scenes, and it says one side of the house opens, so maybe it isn’t open backed like all the other sets? It seems weird to break that style to me. 

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

How do you know

Ninja_whip himself said so :wink:

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Burrow description has leaked. Not many specifics other than recreating the fire attack with “special flames”, recreating Christmas scenes, and it says one side of the house opens, so maybe it isn’t open backed like all the other sets? It seems weird to break that style to me. 

Not a very specific description, but I‘m hyped nonetheless :moar: Feed me!!

might be a bad translation?

Seeing how the description seems pretty poorly translated, I think it's possible that the model does just have a naturally open back like the other sets, but was just mistranslated.

Doesent mention a shed or garage though. so 1047 pieces should make a sizeable house.

Huh, with descriptions leaking it's not usually long before set pictures leak.

Description is not very specific, kind fo useless, but it's nice to have those minifigs confirmed.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Huh, with descriptions leaking it's not usually long before set pictures leak.

Description is not very specific, kind fo useless, but it's nice to have those minifigs confirmed.

Yes, and I am hoping we will be getting the other names of the CMF figures too because I am very much wanting to see Lockhart 

The description sounds weird with the overuse of words like crazy, and the specific mention of ARSON, so I really hope it's badly translated :D

2 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Images for one of the Monkie Kid sets just dropped, I was already antsy before but this is otterly ridiculous. Really hope pictures come out today

Why is this ridiculous? It's not strange at all for the in-house themes to leak before the licensed ones, happens every year :shrug_oh_well:

59 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I really hope ''special flames'' means green flames for the fireplaces Floo network thingy, probably just weird translation though

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while but came back when I started noticing the Harry Potter leaks and I have been following the thread. One thing I that I noticed when I read the description that I wanted to mention here is that the description has a heavy emphasis on it being for children. It had me worried that it might not be up standard of the others, but I guess it will? 

Edited by Hawkeye12
spelling mistake

The books, how much will they cost? (Or have cost before?) It's looks like an easy way to get Hermione to make that scene in Hagrids hut whit buckbeak.

Is this type of book a good way to get inspired to MOCs? I know it's animated, but some animation it's easier to get inspired of than others.

Sorry for all my questions about the books :)

Edited by Crookshanks

I don't know if anyone mention it, but on ameet site u can clearly see photos of books in 4k. Also in book "Malofy and Harry" you can see Lockhart minifugre with completely new suit, which hadn't been used before. There are also included Crabbe, Goyle, Fred and George.

Edit: You can also see Luna Lovegood with Lion Mask and Moaning Martha from new cmf series. so that can be a hint.

Edited by fanoflego2409

1 hour ago, Hawkeye12 said:

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while but came back when I started noticing the Harry Potter leaks and I have been following the thread. One thing I that I noticed when I read the description that I wanted to mention here is that the description has a heavy emphasis on it being for children. It had me worried that it might not be up standard of the others, but I guess it will? 

I wouldn't read into it too much, it's fairly poorly translated

32 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

The books, how much will they cost? (Or have cost before?) It's looks like an easy way to get Hermione to make that scene in Hagrids hut whit buckbeak.

Is this type of book a good way to get inspired to MOCs? I know it's animated, but some animation it's easier to get inspired of than others.

Just watching the movies and looking at concept art and designs will probably be more usefull if you're looking for MOC inspiration

1 hour ago, Hawkeye12 said:

A toy, being for children? Well I never!

in all seriousness it’s probably just a translation issue. I wouldn’t worry.

1 hour ago, Crookshanks said:

Generally I find the prices fluctuate so much there’s not much point in predicting the price. Just get one when it’s cheap.

id day a better way to do MOCs is to make a scene you want created, and then iteratively try and work on it to make it more interesting. It’s hard to do but once you get the hang of it I get the idea it comes naturally. This will get you used to what pieces are available and what pieces are useful in certain situations. Also watch YouTube videos for tips. I’ve been watching this one https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC35xtz1NFeBVLMgT5GY3a9g

although I don’t agree with all his ideas (like leaving stuff in loose) it’s useful tips on how to use pieces creatively.

Edited by sammy_zammy