Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The chances of a LEGO Harry Potter movie are now pretty much nonexistent. Harry Potter is owned by Warner Brothers, the previous company to have the exclusive right to make LEGO movies (that's why Voldemort could appear in The LEGO Batman Movie). Universal doesn't own the Harry Potter movies :wink:

Ahh right gotcha. Damn, I would have loved that! 

Just now, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Ahh right gotcha. Damn, I would have loved that! 

Same here, especially considering a lot of effort goes into making sets for those movies. The sets we got for TLBM are easily the best DC sets we've ever gotten.

This deal with Universal does open up the possibility of a LEGO Jurassic World movie, which I would personally love to see!

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same here, especially considering a lot of effort goes into making sets for those movies. The sets we got for TLBM are easily the best DC sets we've ever gotten.

This deal with Universal does open up the possibility of a LEGO Jurassic World movie, which I would personally love to see!

Exactly - and the sets would be completely new as well because a new storyline. Ah well - I’m happy LEGO are releasing more films in general, just would have been the icing on the cake for it to be HP! 

4 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Exactly - and the sets would be completely new as well because a new storyline. Ah well - I’m happy LEGO are releasing more films in general, just would have been the icing on the cake for it to be HP! 

Well if you're interested in it @Cut the Kragle made a very cool pitch for a LEGO Harry Potter movie a while back (funny coincidence: this video is exactly 2 years old today!). Highly recommend watching it, even if it'll never happen :sweet: 

Remember that Universal has two animation studios, so these new LEGO films are either going to be Dreamworks or *gulp* Illumination projects. Don‘t expect ANY of the previous characters to return. I don‘t even expect the animation style to return. Illumination is known for cutting corners :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Remember that Universal has two animation studios, so these new LEGO films are either going to be Dreamworks or *gulp* Illumination projects. Don‘t expect ANY of the previous characters to return. I don‘t even expect the animation style to return. Illumination is known for cutting corners :tongue:

I really hope it's going to be Dreamworks, not a fan of Illumination

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Christ I hope it isn't illumination. It would probably look worse than those straight to DVD movies LEGO used to release (do they still do those?) you would completely miss all of the amazing detail, dust, and a cracks we got with the previous movies. Though Illumination may be more likely since they're already working with LEGO on the minions merchandise. 

Dreamworks could give us a LEGO Shrek cameo. Actually just remake the Shrek movies with LEGO. Don't even bother re-recording the dialogue. I'd watch that, not sober but at least I'd watch it which is more than I can say for the LEGO Ninjago Movie. 

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well if you're interested in it @Cut the Kragle made a very cool pitch for a LEGO Harry Potter movie a while back (funny coincidence: this video is exactly 2 years old today!). Highly recommend watching it, even if it'll never happen :sweet: 

That’s amazing, I’ll definitely go give it a watch thanks! I remember - for Dimensions I think - that a LEGO version of the Fantastic Beasts movie was released, which was pretty cool.

The earlier lego books in this wave, have we get any book that included an exclusive hp figure thats not exist in any set?

I'm so confused of these books and why dosen't everone sells in legostore. I had buy build your own adventure book because i didn't know if it have some exclusive parts.

I know that we will get Tom Riddle in one book, will that book sell in legostore? I haven't seen any legobooks in legostore before build your own adventure appear.

Just now, Crookshanks said:

The earlier lego books in this wave, have we get any book that included an exclusive hp figure thats not exist in any set?

I'm so confused of these books and why dosen't everone sells in legostore. I had buy build your own adventure book because i didn't know if it have some exclusive parts.

I know that we will get Tom Riddle in one book, will that book sell in legostore? I haven't seen any legobooks in legostore before build your own adventure appear.

No exclusive figures as of yet. Tom Riddle is the only one.

No exclusive parts in Build your own adventure, although the prints of the houses were exclusive till the advent calendar (in the D2C they were stickers) but it's a nice build you can get cheaply.

They won't be on the Lego Store but they will be from all good booksellers as they say.

4 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

Tom Riddle will be the first exclusive minifigure for Harry Potter to come with a book. The only Harry Potter figures that have come in a book so far are Harry in his Gryffindor sweater, Hermione in her Gryffindor sweater, Ron in his Gryffindor sweater, and Snape (the same one as Quidditch Match and Whomping Willow). All the ones that have leaked are still coming. I believe all of those are another Snape, Dumbledore (same as Great Hall), Hermione (same as Hagrid’s Hut), Voldemort (same as Rise Of Voldemort) with Nagini (same as CMF), Harry and Draco in Gryffindor sweaters, Sirius Black (same as Expecto Patronum), and of course the exclusive Tom Riddle. The Build Your Own Adventure Book last year also included Harry in his Gryffindor sweater plus the build that was included which I agree is quite nice, especially since it comes with the new Sorting Hat which was previously only available in the Great Hall. If I missed any in these lists, anyone can feel free to correct me. 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I dunno if it was already mentioned.    the studio that animated the previous lego movies is an indipendent studio, they could make more lego movies, for universal. 

does not have to use any of universals inhouse studios.

13 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

No exclusive parts in Build your own adventure, although the prints of the houses were exclusive till the advent calendar (in the D2C they were stickers) but it's a nice build you can get cheaply.

They won't be on the Lego Store but they will be from all good booksellers as they say.

I really like the printed parts! Both to get them in the calender and in the book!

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Tom Riddle will be the first exclusive minifigure for Harry Potter to come with a book. The only Harry Potter figures that have come in a book so far are Harry in his Gryffindor sweater, Hermione in her Gryffindor sweater, Ron in his Gryffindor sweater, and Snape (the same one as Quidditch Match and Whomping Willow). All the ones that have leaked are still coming. I believe all of those are another Snape, Dumbledore (same as Great Hall), Hermione (same as Hagrid’s Hut), Voldemort (same as Rise Of Voldemort) with Nagini (same as CMF), Harry and Draco in Gryffindor sweaters, Sirius Black (same as Expecto Patronum), and of course the exclusive Tom Riddle. The Build Your Own Adventure Book last year also included Harry in his Gryffindor sweater plus the build that was included which I agree is quite nice, especially since it comes with the new Sorting Hat which was previously only available in the Great Hall. If I missed any in these lists, anyone can feel free to correct me. 

Thanks! Good to know that i haven't missed anything.

Ah, i don't have great hall yet so the sorting hat was new to me. Probably that confused me.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I know I watched this when it first came out but couldn't remember anything about it and after rewatching it I realize why. The pitch is literally just Harry and friends acquire Merlin's beard (no explanation is given as to why this is important) and battle a WB villain other than Voldemort with the movie being a parody of the high school movie genre. Not very much to go on is it?  I guess it could've worked but the pitch would definitely benefit from being a bit more in depth. Pointless to discuss anyway though as it will never happen with the new universal deal. 

54 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Christ I hope it isn't illumination. It would probably look worse than those straight to DVD movies LEGO used to release (do they still do those?) you would completely miss all of the amazing detail, dust, and a cracks we got with the previous movies. Though Illumination may be more likely since they're already working with LEGO on the minions merchandise. 

Dreamworks could give us a LEGO Shrek cameo. Actually just remake the Shrek movies with LEGO. Don't even bother re-recording the dialogue. I'd watch that, not sober but at least I'd watch it which is more than I can say for the LEGO Ninjago Movie. 

I think I agree with literally everything you just said. WAG (Warner Animation Group) did incredible photorealistic animation on all four Lego movies. I'd hate to see a watered down straight to dvd quality from Illumination.

As far as Shrek goes I also hate the idea of it being rebooted (especially Illumination) as the fourth film, while not perfect, ended conclusively. We don't need to see the grave of Shrek dug up.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but have we seen that figures of Sirius and (Richard Harris) Dumbledore are each appearing in two different books. Also there's a book with 1st/2nd year Harry and Malfoy. The Malfoy fig might be the same as the Great Hall set but I'm not sure.

8 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think I agree with literally everything you just said. WAG (Warner Animation Group) did incredible photorealistic animation on all four Lego movies. I'd hate to see a watered down straight to dvd quality from Illumination.

As far as Shrek goes I also hate the idea of it being rebooted (especially Illumination) as the fourth film, while not perfect, ended conclusively. We don't need to see the grave of Shrek dug up.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but have we seen that figures of Sirius and (Richard Harris) Dumbledore are each appearing in two different books. Also there's a book with 1st/2nd year Harry and Malfoy. The Malfoy fig might be the same as the Great Hall set but I'm not sure.

Yeah all those books with figures leaked this morning. None are exclusive or new but they’re nice regardless

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

46 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Voldemort (same as Rise Of Voldemort) with Nagini (same as CMF)

The Nagini in this book is actually not the same as the CMF version, it's the darker version without eyeprinting they used for the Basilisk in the D2C set :wink:

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Nagini in this book is actually not the same as the CMF version, it's the darker version without eyeprinting they used for the Basilisk in the D2C set :wink:

You’re right, I forgot it was that version! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

All the ones that have leaked are still coming. I believe all of those are [...] Hermione (same as Hagrid’s Hut), 

Actually, for those interested, that Hermione book is already out here in the Netherlands.

23 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Actually, for those interested, that Hermione book is already out here in the Netherlands.

I got that just the other day (I'm in the UK). While it's the same as Hagrid's Hut, it makes an easy way to make the time travel this act of PoA.

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Not sure how to feel about this. Any new figure is very welcome, but for me it's a pain ordering from Lego, I've had terrible experience with it in the past.

Yeah, I feel that. They switched over to DPD as their shipment service which is the far most unreliable one over here. So handing them over very exclusive stuff like a GWP that might be out of stock after just a few hours doesn't leave a good feeling as there would be no chance to get a replacement if they losed the first parcel (which actually happened rather often to me). 

The days before the official reveal are the hardest. More than anything, I can’t wait to see how LEGO has designed the Astronomy Tower. I really hope they incorporate some kind of moving astronomical spheres in the top of the tower. This submission of the Astronomy Tower at Christmas to the LEGO Ideas’ Wizarding World contest gives a nice suggestion of what the overall shape of the build could look like:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/642ce72d-0872-48ef-a27b-a6bbeecc9027/application/8c7ef540-f6d1-47f1-8dbc-737159f6dc41

27 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

The days before the official reveal are the hardest. More than anything, I can’t wait to see how LEGO has designed the Astronomy Tower. I really hope they incorporate some kind of moving astronomical spheres in the top of the tower. This submission of the Astronomy Tower at Christmas to the LEGO Ideas’ Wizarding World contest gives a nice suggestion of what the overall shape of the build could look like:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/642ce72d-0872-48ef-a27b-a6bbeecc9027/application/8c7ef540-f6d1-47f1-8dbc-737159f6dc41

Yeah, someone had previously shared it (not complaining!) And I like it very much! I wouldn’t mind getting something similar to that, I just love the rotating bits and stairs! It would be something very different to what we’ve gotten so far. The courtyard corridor would be a rad addition, but I guess we’re getting the greenhouse instead.

But you know, what I like the most about this one are the not-so enclosed spaces and higher ceilings as opposed to the rooms we’ve gotten in the latest sets. HOWEVER, the side build is clearly built in the style of the old sets (missing pillars and gaps in the walls)

Edited by Otherworld

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

So can anyone actually explain what the phrase “next weekend” means? Is it this weekend for the reveals or next week for the reveals?

Nobody knows. The English language is faulty.