Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Tariq j said:

The face print feels very generic for Lavender. Especially given her loud, abrasive character. I think she would benefit from either a skirt print or leg printing.

All of this hooplah around Lavender’s face is honestly fitting considering the fact that in the first two or three movies she was portrayed by a black actress, and later recast with a white actress prior to her relationship with Ron.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Honestly, though, I think Ron looks great. I mean, of course short sleeves would've looked better, but I don't get why you're all acting like it ruins the figure not having them. It's a good print.

I agree. Personally, I think the HBP film is a rather terrible adaptation; therefore, I don't care much for the outfits to be completely screen accurate as far as they look good and the characters are recognizable. I understand, however, that some of you probably want them to be as screen accurate as possible. Lavender is a trainwreck, though. I really hope that she gets a skirt and a bow...

Edited by thenudeorganist

I my opinion, Lavender is okey, but I think the hairpiece could have been better. For me the hairpiece they used in the lego Harry Potter years 5-7 game is still one of the best for her. I think it was first introduced in one of the minifig series.

I also don’t get the hate for Ron...the figure looks fine and yes dual molding would’ve been perfect but the print still looks great. Lavender’s torso is good and I’m fine with the hair choice, but that face is awful. She really needed a new one or after least a better reuse than Rey’s. Hopefully she has a skirt. I understand why they reuse face prints but I don’t get why they can’t reuse a more accurate face. Even the Jyn Erso/Black Widow/Mera/Vicki Vale face would look better on Lavender than Rey’s. 

Just now, hoiharry said:

I my opinion, Lavender is okey, but I think the hairpiece could have been better. For me the hairpiece they used in the lego Harry Potter years 5-7 game is still one of the best for her. I think it was first introduced in one of the minifig series.

It's a fairly generic hairpiece but the version we see in the game (with the bow) does not exist

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It's a fairly generic hairpiece but the version we see in the game (with the bow) does not exist

I know, I was talking about the same hairpiece but without the bow.

Posted (edited)

Woah, that Queenie face someone suggested is very accurate for Lavender! I might have to get it. Also, I had thought about Dorothy’s hairpiece being recolored too, but my hopeful self thought “Nah, they will come up with something better” :laugh: In all seriousness though, queenie’s face and a recolored Dorothy hair (with maybe pink bows) would’ve made a very acccurate Lavender.

Oh well, maybe she will get a ribbon and hopefully, some sort of skirt. But she’s probably doomed :jollyroger: Maybe the rest of the minfigures will turn out better. 

Ron of course, would’ve looked better with dual molded arms, but I still like his torso.

Edited by Otherworld

33 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

(Even iff it had to be a reused print, I think Queenie's head would've worked far better)

I agree :thumbup: Sure, using the same face for two unrelated characters in the same franchise would be somewhat silly, but these two characters didn‘t coexist at the same time anyway (or at least at vastly different ages, that is if Queenie actually survives the events of the FB series). And it‘s not like that ever stopped TLG before *squints at the Marvel theme* :head_back:

Posted (edited)

From what I can tell the hair is a recolor?  

if so they had the budget to recolor ANY hair piece.

if it HAD to be one that fits a bow how about this? more volume

frnd299.jpg

(sidebar: I would like to see how this looks on snape, curious)

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I agree :thumbup: Sure, using the same face for two unrelated characters in the same franchise would be somewhat silly, but these two characters didn‘t coexist at the same time anyway (or at least at vastly different ages, that is if Queenie actually survives the events of the FB series). And it‘s not like that ever stopped TLG before *squints at the Marvel theme* :head_back:

That face is no longer in production.

Edited by deskp

Just now, deskp said:

That face is no longer in production.

75937 Triceratops Rampage disagrees :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

75937 Triceratops Rampage disagrees :tongue:

oh, oopsie.

Then i guess perhaps lego is planning on not keeping it in production after that set. :drunk:

Just now, deskp said:

oh, oopsie.

Then i guess perhaps lego is planning on not keeping it in production after that set. :drunk:

Even if it doesn't come in any sets this year, I wouldn't take it as a guarantee that it won't pop up eventually. The Carina Smyth head from the Silent Mary went unused for almost 2½ years, but now it's used on Hermione, Pepper Potts, etc.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Even if it doesn't come in any sets this year, I wouldn't take it as a guarantee that it won't pop up eventually. The Carina Smyth head from the Silent Mary went unused for almost 2½ years, but now it's used on Hermione, Pepper Potts, etc.

that set was released in 2017 when did it retire 2018? 2019?

Idk if it has been mentioned yet but it looks like Slugclub Harry uses the exact same face as the CMF figure

Idk if it has been mentioned yet but it looks like Slugclub Harry uses the exact same face as the CMF figure

Far as i know the CMF uses the exact same face as 2019 sets.

Or more accurately, every Harry face has been the same between prisoner of Azkaban and Half-Blood Prince.

Just now, deskp said:

Far as i know the CMF uses the exact same face as 2019 sets.

Completely forgot about the PoA and GoF heads not being the same, GoF is the same as Slugclub and CMF 

Just now, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Or more accurately, every Harry face has been the same between prisoner of Azkaban and Half-Blood Prince.

The HBP face is a reuse from GoF, it's not the same as the PoA head. GoF/HBP has a smirk and annoyed look, PoA has a smirk and a scared expression

The HBP face is a reuse from GoF, it's not the same as the PoA head. GoF/HBP has a smirk and annoyed look, PoA has a smirk and a scared expression

I think you're confusing things with the Hogwarts express using movie 2 figues.

Just now, deskp said:

I think you're confusing things with the Hogwarts express using movie 2 figues.

Ugh, you're right again *huh* These small inconsistencies are too much for me to properly keep track of

Ugh, you're right again *huh* These small inconsistencies are too much for me to properly keep track of

I just hope Ron has a NEW more serious mature face in the cmf. his two current expressions are a bit too cartoony for my liking.  and the first cmf face is a bit daft.

Just now, deskp said:

I just hope Ron has a NEW more serious mature face in the cmf. his two current expressions are a bit too cartoony for my liking.  and the first cmf face is a bit daft.

The only version of Ron I can see popping up in the CMF is CoS Crabbe, Quidditch just isn't likely imo

Does anyone know if Rey's face has an alternative face? Perhaps if it has a smile it might be less awful.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Does anyone know if Rey's face has an alternative face? Perhaps if it has a smile it might be less awful.

I assumed it was given that that was an alternate face, but that was just me guessing. I'm not actually sure what a Rey minifig looks like!

Just now, UKFan922 said:

It would've been really easy to find yourself but here you go:

3626cpb1419.jpg?1

It's literally one of the worst faces they could've chosen for Lavender

Posted (edited)

It would've been really easy to find yourself but here you go:

It's literally one of the worst faces they could've chosen for Lavender

At least it’s not as horrid as Fleur’s :tongue: But yeah, bad choice still.

Edited by Otherworld