Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I’d love a Ministry set but won’t believe one is coming unless a reliable leaker like @Falconfan1414 reports it. 

On the topic of the 2011 Diagon Alley, I still love that set and have always wanted it! I was going to try getting it this year but if there’s a new one coming I’d rather save up for that and get the 2011 one another time. 

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I stated earlier that I believe this rumor and I have been predicting a Duel in the Ministry Atrium set from the beginning. There is no need to condescend people who have different opinions than you. And there are plenty of folks on Instagram and on other forums who also believe we will be getting the Duel in the Ministry Atrium scene from the climax of OotP. We will see who is right soon enough.

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I did read a completely different conversation because this one forum isn't the only place where rumors are discussed. If no one at all believed these rumors, far fewer people would be spreading them and making them. 

We get it, you believe this rumour. I think you’re misunderstanding what we mean by “believe” - we don’t Trust this rumour.

Edited by sammy_zammy

I swear this happens like once a week, it’s not limited to just Instagram it happens here too. People come in and take rumors and put them together and claim them as there own. Sadly people believe these people and automatically assume they are right even tho they have like 3 followers. I’m not saying rumors are false I’m just amazed how quickly people take these guys word on it like they have a 100% track record 

2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I stated earlier that I believe this rumor and I have been predicting a Duel in the Ministry Atrium set from the beginning. There is no need to condescend people who have different opinions than you. And there are plenty of folks on Instagram and on other forums who also believe we will be getting the Duel in the Ministry Atrium scene from the climax of OotP. We will see who is right soon enough.

The problem is that the rumor contradicts information we've gotten from very reliable sources. Mostly the set numbers. Of course there's still a slight chance there might be some truth in all of this, it's easy to mix up set numbers and we know that the current numbers were first for the overwatch sets but changed later so another small change in the set numbers isn't too farfetched. However, the thing is that no one reliable can back these claims up and only a few newcomers on instagram keep throwing these rumors out there on a hashtag that is known to have more trolls and reposters than actual leakers. Many here have predicted a set like this but that means nothing sadly. But with rumors like this we should always be warry to avoid disappointment.

Just now, The Pearson said:

So, what is the consensus on the reliability of kingnono?

I would say reliable until proven otherwise, as he leaked some information before we received actual confirmation in the form of leaked images (Molly and Arthur mostly). I think he might have been the first to mention them and the rumored Burrow. And other long time trusted leakers haven't shot his leaks down yet, for what it's worth. But a leaker becomes obviously only truly trustworthy when we get an official reveal for all of the things he leaked, so we still take it with a small grain of salt.

3 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Personally I'm guessing that the sets we know are releasing are the only sets releasing (except for maybe a GWP) but it's understandable why people are desperate to believe the rumors we know are false. 

-

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

We get it, you believe this rumour. I think you’re misunderstanding what we mean by “believe” - we don’t Trust this rumour.

I said that I didn't believe the rumor but ok. 

9 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

I know it's kinda off topic, but with this year's advent calendar being mentioned, I was wondering what people's thoughts are on last year's? I missed out on it being super cheap from Waterstones the other week and so I was looking at getting it at £18 from someone on eBay.

But then, the more I think about it, the more I feel it's collecting for collecting's sake. I thought I would get it for the minifigs, but then realised Dumbledore and McGonnagall are the same as in a set, Hermione's just wearing something different, Harry and Ron have their Xmas jumpers which I could get off Bricklink, and Flitwick's not that different to his CMF. And the builds, while good, aren't anything amazing. The fireplace is pretty cool for Floo or something. Do any of you think it's worth getting to add to the other sets in my collection for display purposes or not really?

I feel the same about the Build Your Own Adventure book and its model - it's alright but don't know if it's worth it...

I got it & don’t regret it in the least. The exclusive prints are great, even the Gryffindor robes. The 2x3 tile letter print is awesome & the builds, while a bit lackluster, are nice additions to the Castle. 

10 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

For me the new HP sets since the 2018 wave look a lot of better than the 2011 and older ones.

More and better details and with that they come more closer to the movies.

First at all i always was a little bit sad that i dont have the old DA and the Burrow set but now i am happy that i dont have it.

The new versions are mostly better(not in every case:wink:  )

But every period of time has its one flair...

Mostly the older sets are not as good as the new ones, so only a few characters and creatures are missing now that we have gotten earlier. However that number is dvindeling every year e.g. Fawks this year.. Will we get a proper basilisk and Fluffy, not so sure so glad I have the old ones. On the other hand I think that DA and the Burrow is some of the best sets made in HP Lego, that may off course change when we get new ones :shrug_oh_well:

10 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

microscale is still a possibility

I hope and think it is not micro-scale, but until I see some solid proof that it is system-scale I am not sure :tongue:

10 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It's also really annoying how there's no thestrals on the horizon either :sceptic:

This is the same every time with animal moulds, there are always a chance we will never get them again. So when they make a new one, buy the number you want or you may end up waiting for years or forever and the price will only go up :wink:

10 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I'm not condescending people, especially not when they have a different opinion than me. This is a forum, if I didn't like differing opinions I wouldn't be here.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

This is the same every time with animal moulds, there are always a chance we will never get them again. So when they make a new one, buy the number you want or you may end up waiting for years or forever and the price will only go up :wink:

Thanks that’s good advice, I’ll have to keep that in mind!

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I got it & don’t regret it in the least. The exclusive prints are great, even the Gryffindor robes. The 2x3 tile letter print is awesome & the builds, while a bit lackluster, are nice additions to the Castle. 

Thank you so much :)

Hallo there.
I would recommend having a tab for Lego harry potter on Amazon.it(es and fr) saved.
On ".fr" just this morning they have 5 of the older sets times two. I think that is a sign that some lazy dude just copied the entrys on the side to later change them to the new sets. 
I have not seen (haven´t seen anything on amazon as of yet) a ministry battle set (just because I havent seen it, it could of couse still excist).

Edited by TurboTj-DK

The otter patronus is on Instagram now.  Looks pretty great.  I wonder if that mold could be reused for a ferret later on?

Edited by spiderfan2000

22 minutes ago, TurboTj-DK said:

Hallo there.
I would recommend having a tab for Lego harry potter on Amazon.it(es and fr) saved.
On ".fr" just this morning they have 5 of the older sets times two. I think that is a sign that some lazy dude just copied the entrys on the side to later change them to the new sets. 
I have not seen (haven´t seen anything on amazon as of yet) a ministry battle set (just because I havent seen it, it could of couse still excist).

Thanks for the info, although items having multiple listings isn’t unusual on Amazon. It’s also common to get two results for the same product, one as an ad/sponsored and one as the normal product result, but they lead to the same place - are you sure you didn’t just see this (see the attached image - it happens for multiple products but one says “sponsored”)? So I don’t think it means anything I’m afraid.

6BD56537-D643-4460-B9BD-63C52BA0F674.jpeg

Also why would you have seen an unannounced new set if they’re just copies of old sets anyway?

Edited by sammy_zammy

2 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Thanks for the info. It does seem to be gone now from FR, although items having multiple listings isn’t unusual on Amazon. It’s also common to get two results for the same product, one as an ad/sponsored/Amazon’s choice and one as the normal product result, but they lead to the same place - are you sure you didn’t just see this (see the attached image)?

But why would you have seen an unannounced new set if they’re just copies of old sets anyway?

6BD56537-D643-4460-B9BD-63C52BA0F674.jpeg

Yes I am 90% sure. It seems at least abit odd. I think amazon france leaked the wonder woman set a few week ago. And amazon.it and .es dosent have the same HP sets times two ?

17 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The otter patronus is on Instagram now.  Looks pretty great.  I wonder if that mold could be reused for a ferret later on?

I saw the otter and it’s amazing!

It’s also definitely an otter - the rounded head, blunt nose, chubby cheeks, tiny ears and robust body really set it apart from a ferret, and it’s hard to tell from the angle of the picture but I’d bet on its tail being way too long and thick for a ferret’s as well. 

Ultimately, molds originally made to be patronuses have to be recognizable as the right animal when made out of transparent plastic with no printing. There’s no room for ambiguity - that’s definitely an otter, it couldn’t be anything else. Just like the new mold for Luna’s patronus is a hare, and clearly designed to be discernible from the old rabbit mold. 

The good thing about all of that as far as potentially getting a ferret is concerned is that if lego is willing to put in the money for a hare mold when most people weren’t expecting them to, then the likelihood of getting other more specific a niche animals has to be higher (especially if they’re coming in the cmf, which has its own budget). 

11 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Your setting yourself up for failure here son

That otter looks awesome. I hope we'll get a printed version but we still haven't seen the stag outside of HP so I guess it'll be a while

Strange that the otter do not have a stud, but the hare does. How big is that hare, the otter weighs 2-3 times as much in real life *huh*

41 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hope we'll get a printed version but we still haven't seen the stag outside of HP so I guess it'll be a while

Yes somewhat frustrating, maybe the smaller animals will show up sooner :shrug_oh_well:

52 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Strange that the otter do not have a stud, but the hare does. How big is that hare, the otter weighs 2-3 times as much in real life *huh*

Yes somewhat frustrating, maybe the smaller animals will show up sooner :shrug_oh_well:

This way the hare can be reused for Rhosgobel Rabbits! As we know, relative proportions are a tad ‘off’ when it comes to mini figures, animals &accessories.

yep, small animals could come in CMF or BAM, or maybe even thrown into City sets like the bulldog and owl have been 

Nice to see the otter now too, It looks great! 

I think I was the first person to propose that a ferret could be made from the same mould, and with this I don’t think is possible, it’s body is too fat.

It’s very encouraging to see the investment of two new animal moulds in one smallish set, hopefully they will both reappear in city as the real animals too.

Maybe we will get Malfoy with a new ferret mould for a series 3! (fingers crossed)