Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:


If they plan do do the entire castle accurately to the movies I calculate 5 more ‘big’ sets (£/$60+) after the Astronomy tower, and then smaller detached locations like the boat house and Owlry as even more little sets.

I made a small model and coloured the sections to distinguish separate modules:

 

So we could be getting another 3 years without repetition!

I hope this is similar to what they do. It will probably be like this but less accurate with the sections that aren’t as recognizable like the Whomping Willow set. Once they get the three most iconic buildings done (Great Hall, Clock Tower, Astronomy Tower), they will probably do some lesser known ones with some more creative license

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A little off topic, but am I the only one that believes we need a serious improvement for the Great Hall courtyard. Especially with a Deathly Hallows wave coming up soon, I think it would look pretty awkward trying to stage the final duel between Harry and Voldemort in that tiny space. I doubt they remake a Great Hall solely on the basis for a better courtyard, so would a $20 standalone set similar to our RoR this year be more likely?

Edited by LegoLover19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LegoLover19 said:

A little off topic, but am I the only one that believes we need a serious improvement for the Great Hall courtyard. Especially with a Deathly Hallows wave coming up soon, I think it would look pretty awkward trying to stage the final duel between Harry and Voldemort in that tiny space. I doubt they remake a Great Hall solely on the basis for a better courtyard, so would a $20 standalone set similar to our RoR this year be more likely?

I prefer book canon, so i'll just have the duel in the great hall:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I prefer book canon, so i'll just have the duel in the great hall:laugh:

Completely slipped my mind. Thank you! This is certainly what I’ll end up doing. Could probably have a better set up inside of the Great Hall anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

_kingnono_ just posted a new clue, one which is half exciting and half gobbledygook. "Both sides of polyjuice potion" implies we'll be getting more polyjuiced characters with double faces a la Moody- I'm hoping for Slytherin Harry and Ron in the CMF, but it could alternatively be Bellatrix in Diagon Alley. (I can't think of any other occasions of Polyjuice in the movies, outside of the 7 Potters.)

The bottom half of the clue, however, just reminds me of the Mr. Incredible meme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think that both of these clues could be interpreted for Crabbe and Goyle being in the CMF.I think when he says “gang is meant to be gang” he’s just tying to imply that it isn’t a family. Crabbe and Goyle were polyjuiced obviously and they’re a part of Draco’s gang.

Edited by LegoLover19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LegoLover19 said:

I think that both of these clues could be interpreted for Crabbe and Goyle being in the CMF at this point. I think when he says “gang is meant to be gang” he’s just tying to say that it’s not a family. Crabbe and Goyle were polyjuiced obviously and you can say that they’re a part of Draco’s gang.

Gosh, I hope so. I really want the trio in that styling. (Plus, it'd squeeze an extra $10 from my pocketbook into LEGO's, since I'd totally get two of each, to display them as both characters.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yess, Crabbe and Goyle and/or cat Hermione :grin_wub: Damn the hype is real.

Edited by Otherworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LegoLover19 said:

A little off topic, but am I the only one that believes we need a serious improvement for the Great Hall courtyard. Especially with a Deathly Hallows wave coming up soon, I think it would look pretty awkward trying to stage the final duel between Harry and Voldemort in that tiny space. I doubt they remake a Great Hall solely on the basis for a better courtyard, so would a $20 standalone set similar to our RoR this year be more likely?

The Battle of Hogwarts is such a huge set piece with so many parts of Hogwarts and loads of characters taking part, by my count around 50-60. My hope is the Battle of Hogwarts in the next wave will take up more than one of the bigger sets next wave to cover it all. My preference for the £20 would be the tent and pool :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LegoLover19 said:

A little off topic, but am I the only one that believes we need a serious improvement for the Great Hall courtyard. Especially with a Deathly Hallows wave coming up soon, I think it would look pretty awkward trying to stage the final duel between Harry and Voldemort in that tiny space. I doubt they remake a Great Hall solely on the basis for a better courtyard, so would a $20 standalone set similar to our RoR this year be more likely?

There are much better things we could get next year than the entrance courtyard, which would be a pretty weird standalone set. As mentioned here I'll put Harry vs Voldy in the Great Hall like it should be, not the crappy movie version of that duel. I think next years' Hogwarts sections will just be random pieces of the castle with an explosionfeature here and there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LegoLover19 said:

I think that both of these clues could be interpreted for Crabbe and Goyle being in the CMF.I think when he says “gang is meant to be gang” he’s just tying to imply that it isn’t a family. Crabbe and Goyle were polyjuiced obviously and they’re a part of Draco’s gang.

Yeah, this definitely hints towards Crabbe and Goyle. Another 2 characters I could cross off my wishlist. I assume the cmf is the only place they could appear? Anyway this would mean slytherin robes :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah, this definitely hints towards Crabbe and Goyle. Another 2 characters I could cross off my wishlist. I assume the cmf is the only place they could appear? Anyway this would mean slytherin robes :grin:

I Don’t see why they couldn’t come with a castle section set, one which includes the Slytherin Common-room, it could look like this:

LEGO Hogwarts Girl’s Bathroom (Sketch)

Myrtle is in the CMF now but I think this set still works without her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I Don’t see why they couldn’t come with a castle section set, one which includes the Slytherin Common-room, it could look like this:

 

Myrtle is in the CMF now but I think this set still works without her

That would be a fun set to get but I don't see any reason why it would be made this year when the focus seems to be on the fifth and sixth films + 1 / 2 iconic locations (Privet Drive and maybe Diagon Alley, though this can easily have lots of elements from the later films as well) 

It's an exciting idea to consider that the trio in the CMF are not from Half Blood Prince but their younger variants instead (with two hairpieces!). It would even make sense for any of them not to be on the bag as looking at Series 1's packaging none of the Prisoner of Azkaban trio are featured, just the lone Harry from Philosopher's Stone. It could be the same here, with a lone Half Blood Prince Harry on the bag and another younger variant who can turn into Goyle. 

However, if Chamber of Secrets Crabbe and Goyle minifigures are included then a Chamber of Secrets Draco would definitely have to be as well. This could mean the students included would be scattered through the years, with Chamber of Secrets Harry/Goyle, Ron/Crabbe, Hermione and Draco, POA Neville and HBP Harry and Luna. However, the first series' selection of students was similarly random so I don't think this is too out there. 

 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if we get Crab and Goyle and then they have alternate face prints which are Harry and Ron. Their 'accessories' could then be Harry and Ron's hair so you could go between full Crab and Goyle, to Ron and Harry when they are mid transformation and in Slytherin robes and with C/G hair, but their H/R faces, then to Harry and Ron in Slytherin Robes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

What if we get Crab and Goyle and then they have alternate face prints which are Harry and Ron. Their 'accessories' could then be Harry and Ron's hair so you could go between full Crab and Goyle, to Ron and Harry when they are mid transformation and in Slytherin robes and with C/G hair, but their H/R faces, then to Harry and Ron in Slytherin Robes.

That's what they did in the 1st series with Moody/Barty Crouch Jr. and Grindelwald/Pervival Graves. That's not really a what if question, if we actually get those characters it's certain they will do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:


If they plan do do the entire castle accurately to the movies I calculate 5 more ‘big’ sets (£/$60+) after the Astronomy tower, and then smaller detached locations like the boat house and Owlry as even more little sets.

I made a small model and coloured the sections to distinguish separate modules:

 

So we could be getting another 3 years without repetition!

 

 

Wow, you think as many as that, I do hope your right!  I hope this theme carries on for a while as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Does anyone know why a year 3 Harry is being leaked on Instagram? I didn’t think Prisoner of Azkaban had any known sets this year.

Edited by LEGOMotionStudios

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Does anyone know why a year 3 Harry is being leaked on Instagram? I didn’t think Prisoner of Azkaban had any known sets this year.

It's not really a leak because it's just Harry's torso from last year's sets with some mid grey legs. Not sure why they are putting up a photo of it with the new Harry figure, but it doesn't mean any more POA sets are coming.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Does anyone know why a year 3 Harry is being leaked on Instagram? I didn’t think Prisoner of Azkaban had any known sets this year.

Don't see the leak you're referring to anywhere but do keep in mind legoleaks has been overrun with reposters, shitposters and just people abusing the #

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Does anyone know why a year 3 Harry is being leaked on Instagram? I didn’t think Prisoner of Azkaban had any known sets this year.

There aren't. Chances are, it's either shown for comparison, complete bs, or was just mistaken taken from last year's production line. The same thing happened late last year: someone leaked a bunch of heads that ended up appearing in late 2019/early 2020 sets, but among them was the 2018 Hermione head, despite there being no sets it appeared in during that timespan.

Alternatively, this could also be the figure from the poly bag, but that'd be really lame.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Alternatively, this could also be the figure from the poly bag, but that'd be really lame.

I'd be happy if that were the polybag figure, saves me the need to track it down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like we're getting the final price and piececounts for a lot of themes now, hopefully we'll see HP in the next few hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought. The Forbidden Forest set this year is based on the scene where Harry and Hermione take Umbridge into the forest - Harry is wearing the red t-shirt and grey hoodie that is included in the CMF series. Are we just going to get doubles of this outfit in the set and the CMF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kirkwoodproductions said:

Just a thought. The Forbidden Forest set this year is based on the scene where Harry and Hermione take Umbridge into the forest - Harry is wearing the red t-shirt and grey hoodie that is included in the CMF series. Are we just going to get doubles of this outfit in the set and the CMF?

Someone brought this up earlier, it’s pretty uncertain right now. I would guess that it’s going to be different and that the CMF version will remain exclusive. Hard to say how they’ll make the set version different. Dirt on his face? Scratches? Just different printing of the same outfit? Maybe a different version of Harry from earlier in the film just thrown in to that set? Hard to say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Just a thought. The Forbidden Forest set this year is based on the scene where Harry and Hermione take Umbridge into the forest - Harry is wearing the red t-shirt and grey hoodie that is included in the CMF series. Are we just going to get doubles of this outfit in the set and the CMF?

Even though it's not particularly accurate they could just have his vest open all the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.