Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

This year is definitely getting expensive, but at least you don’t have to buy everything on day one :classic: The D2C will be available for quite some time and the regular sets will also remain on shelves (mostly virtual ones atm) for at least a year. I mean, most of the 2018 stuff is still available... The only things I wouldn’t wait too long for are the CMF series and the Brickheadz

I've still not bought the Hogwarts Express of the huge castle as I'm not 100% sold on the train, though will probably get it and mod it at some point, and the castle would take up a huge portion of my monthly budget which I've been using to catch up on some CW sets. I reckon they'll be around for a while yet, but I could see the Whomping Willow set being retired soon so as not to compete with the car in Privet Drive. 

6 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I've still not bought the Hogwarts Express of the huge castle as I'm not 100% sold on the train, though will probably get it and mod it at some point, and the castle would take up a huge portion of my monthly budget which I've been using to catch up on some CW sets. I reckon they'll be around for a while yet, but I could see the Whomping Willow set being retired soon so as not to compete with the car in Privet Drive. 

I don't own those 2 either. The castle just doesn't fit with the normal sets being a completely different scale and all that (at least in my opinion) and I couldn't find a place to fit the Hogwarts Express in my HP display so I just bought the Lupin figure on Bricklink and decided to skip the set. LEGO has many themes, many sets and all of them are quite expensive so choices have to be made :wink:

It all just doesn't add up. Something's wrong, and there's too much confusion. One leaker says "A" and then another one says "B". I'll just stick with what we know - set numbers and prices from retailers, Toy Fair info, leaked CMF and leaked minfigures.

I hate to be THAT guy- but I think the dude is lying, justcfrom the way he worded it. He’s exhibiting the same worded tropes that people seeking attention exhibit.

Now I’m worried Diagon Alley won’t have minifigs but my guess he’s that he’s talking about beickheadz

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

40 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It all just doesn't add up. Something's wrong, and there's too much confusion. One leaker says "A" and then another one says "B". I'll just stick with what we know - set numbers and prices from retailers, Toy Fair info, leaked CMF and leaked minfigures.

It's mainly the CMF that makes me question the information. One of the most reliable CMF leakers on Eurobricks was sure it wasn't coming out untill next year but then the bag turned up. And considering we didn't get the Series 20 list untill about a week before the reveal at NYTF I highly doubt leakers know what the remaining 7 figures are. 

The confusing information is also a thing. At first it was just the June wave and an advent calendar, then we got news of a 2 set August wave which later turned into 1 set and a D2C which has now turned back into 2 sets but still with a D2C. Alongside all that it's still unknown wether or not they're reliable sources. I want to be proven wrong, the sets sound amazing, but there is no way people like minilegogo, paulseeley, lightningrad and the army of reposters wouldn't be spreading this info if it was true.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Now I’m worried Diagon Alley won’t have minifigs 

That wouldn’t make any sense. A microscale version of DA at 400$ would have to be so big that it’s minifig-scale again :head_back: People said the same thing about the Hogwarts D2C, I know, but that’s a huge castle whereas DA consists of small buildings. The GWP set is already a microscale DA

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

That wouldn’t make any sense. A microscale version of DA at 400$ would have to be so big that it’s minifig-scale again :head_back: People said the same thing about the Hogwarts D2C, I know, but that’s a huge castle whereas DA consists of small buildings. The GWP set is already a microscale DA

And even if LEGO is stupid enough to release a $400 microscale DA it would still include at least a few figures similair to Hogwarts Castle and the Helicarrier

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The fact that he gave that piece of info as a side note under his post and not and not in its own post says something too. To me it says it’s not as big a deal as we’re making it. So probably brickheadz

Anybody ever get the feeling that Lego has purposefully 'leaked' two different pieces of information/schedules to different sets of people to work out who is leaking what? 

(I am technically joking, but now starting to wonder if it is actually true. ?)

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Anybody ever get the feeling that Lego has purposefully 'leaked' two different pieces of information/schedules to different sets of people to work out who is leaking what? 

(I am technically joking, but now starting to wonder if it is actually true. ?)

I don't get that feeling but I do really feel like some of the non-TF information has been made up 

I don't want to, but I start to question _kingnono_'s credibility. A leaker that comes out of nowhere and feeds us with informations that we want. People don't care if he's legit or not because he tells us exactly what we want to hear.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't want to, but I start to question _kingnono_'s credibility. A leaker that comes out of nowhere and feeds us with informations that we want. People don't care if he's legit or not because he tells us exactly what we want to hear.

I've been questioning his credibility from the get-go, it's pretty much unheard off to know these details for something that is still half a year. Especially when more reliable leakers aren't reporting on it

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm not saying I believe the leaks as I'm as sceptical as anyone, but I do remember that last year @TheRandomBlocker came out of nowhere and was reliable. They may have even had another older more established account, but chose a new one for security and anonymity so being 'new' doesn't automatically mean wrong. Even when the information is what we want to here (as TheRandomBlocker's was) it doesn't necessarily mean it is untruthful - @TheRandomBlocker got a lot of negativity (beyond polite scepticism frankly) and I'm not surprised they haven't been heard from since.

As it is, I will just wait until official confirmation to be entirely sure, or take all 'leaked' information as rumour at best - even the 'reliable' leakers can get things wrong and especially at the moment things are clearly liable to change at short notice. Like you I question kingnono's credibility, but whoever they are, they have no obligation to prove themselves to us - it is up to us to be politely sceptical and decide if we want to believe the information or not.

Now those people posting memes and Ariana Grande photos with the #legoleaks attached - now they're the people who make me :damn:.

12 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm not saying I believe the leaks as I'm as sceptical as anyone, but I do remember that last year @TheRandomBlocker came out of nowhere and was reliable. They may have even had another older more established account, but chose a new one for security and anonymity so being 'new' doesn't automatically mean wrong. Even when the information is what we want to here (as TheRandomBlocker's was) it doesn't necessarily mean it is untruthful - @TheRandomBlocker got a lot of negativity (beyond polite scepticism frankly) and I'm not surprised they haven't been heard from since.

But unlike the new guy RandomBlocker was able and willing to share his source with us: the London Toy Fair. And the info we got from him was confirmed by leakers who had proven themselves to be reliable not too long after. Kingnono, as @THELEGOBATMAN perfectly said, pretty much came out of nowhere with extremely vague info and nothing to back it up. We don't know if he's right or full of bs but besides different sources saying different things his info is pretty much the same as the many wishes and speculation we've seen in this thread. 

And as @7982Brick2 (and myself earlier toay) said in the post above the supposed MoM set has the same setnumber as the D2C

Edited by Guyon2002

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

But unlike the new guy RandomBlocker was able and willing to share his source with us: the London Toy Fair. And the info we got from him was confirmed by leakers who had proven themselves to be reliable not too long after. Kingnono, as @THELEGOBATMAN perfectly said, pretty much came out of nowhere with extremely vague info and nothing to back it up. We don't know if he's right or full of bs but besides different sources saying different things his info is pretty much the same as the many wishes and speculation we've seen in this thread. 

And as @7982Brick2 (and myself earlier toay) said in the post above the supposed MoM set has the same setnumber as the D2C

Well if that's the case they got treated extremely badly and I'm not surprised we have very few 'reliable' leakers any more.

Right now, there’s no way to tell if the rumours have any legitimacy. The reliable leakers remain silent on the matter, so unless one of them chimes in (or further minifig leaks happen), we’re stuck in our current position :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Right now, there’s no way to tell if the rumours have any legitimacy. The reliable leakers remain silent on the matter, so unless one of them chimes in (or further minifig leaks happen), we’re stuck in our current position :shrug_oh_well:

Yep. I'm guessing it might be a bit like how Shy revealed recently that he couldn't comment or confirm things when customers said they'd heard this or that was about to be released and he had to bite his tongue. I think some of the leakers probably do know, but it's not worth them leaking it. 

On another note, the new Lego Idea Pirate Bay set comes out tomorrow and it includes a new pig which is like the one included in the recent Nexo Knights set, but with more 'realistic' eyes. Maybe something that could be included (or if not added if you wish) to a new Burrow set I'm thinking.

Edited by BacktoBricks

So I’ll chime in and say a few things.

First, we are getting Harry Potter brickheadz this year. Actually 2 sets, first being Hagrid and buckbeak around $15-20 and a hogwarts student brickheadz should be $20. 

Second, the $55 dollar set didn’t come from kingnono. It actually came from a guy who has reposted all of his content without credit so that should really tell you something  

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I think some of the leakers probably do know, but it's not worth them leaking it. 

On another note, the new Lego Idea Pirate Bay set comes out tomorrow and it includes a new pig which is like the one included in the recent Nexo Knights set, but with more 'realistic' eyes. Maybe something that could be included (or if not added if you wish) to a new Burrow set I'm thinking.

A fair amount of times leakers do actually know stuff but they can't reveal it because it would endanger jobs and businesses. LEGO has really crushed down on leaks this year (at least those that came from retailers). 

The pig is a good idea but wether or not they are included in the Burrow set (if it exists in the first place) would depend on the budget. I think it's possible

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So I’ll chime in and say a few things.

First, we are getting Harry Potter brickheadz this year. Actually 2 sets, first being Hagrid and buckbeak around $15-20 and a hogwarts student brickheadz should be $20. 

Second, the $55 dollar set didn’t come from kingnono. It actually came from a guy who has reposted all of his content without credit so that should really tell you something  

The Brickheadz news we know, that was confirmed by reliable leakers (I believe including you) some time ago but still good to know they are definetely coming. This 'info' on the $55 pretty much confirms to me that it's bs and not worth talking about

35 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The pig is a good idea but wether or not they are included in the Burrow set (if it exists in the first place) would depend on the budget. I think it's possible

If we get a burrow there will most likely be at least one pig there :wink:
Because the ideas set had so little budget of "Lego coins" the designers had no change of bringing back the monkey with it. They would not have the "coins" to "buy" a pig with a new print either, so logically the pig comes in another set this year that has a bigger budget e.g. HP, so they got the pig at a price they could afford since it was a existing part in production :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yeah I noticed that too. I guess my comment got buried under the discussion of whether or not the info was real xD.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

At least it's good to know we're getting these brickheadz. There were barely any reports on it so I completely forgot about those.

Perhaps we should update the first page by adding the brickheadz and maybe the set numbers for the confirmed sets:

75966 Room of Requirements

75967 Forbidden Forest

75968 Escape from Privet Drive

75969 Astronomy Tower

75979? Buildable Hedwig

75981? Advent Calendar - $39,99?

71028? CMF series

40412? Brickheadz Hagrid and Buckbeak $15,- - $20,-?

40419? Hogwarts Student $20,-?