Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I found the original source of the catalogue leaks and asked him if there was anything new for Potter in it but there's nothing new. The wait continues! 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I found the original source of the catalogue leaks and asked him if there was anything new for Potter in it but there's nothing new. The wait continues! 

The wait gonna kill me! At least i got a few lego sets for Christmas, including Diagon alley, to keep me busy! :D

I still need to pick up the Astronomy Tower, Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter & Hedwig.  And maybe a second Room of Requirements.  Holding off until January 1 to see what I need to purchase from Shop @ Home to get MBoM.  Still no January Store Calendar posted yet. :(  

Edited by karrit

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Has anyone else still not found the 2020 polybag anywhere around them? I literally haven’t seen it anywhere

If you’re talking about the one with Hedwig, Harry, and a Great Hall table? I’ve seen it many times at Target, not necessarily in the toy specific section but randomly around the store as well

10 hours ago, karrit said:

I still need to pick up the Astronomy Tower, Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter & Hedwig.  And maybe a second Room of Requirements.  Holding off until January 1 to see what I need to purchase from Shop @ Home to get MBoM.  Still no January Store Calendar posted yet. :(  

I saw in few rumors that at January will be GWP for 75$ HP sets MBoM and for 85$ lego ideas retro car. So i hope that if i buy ale 4 classrooms i will get 2 gifts:X :D

4 hours ago, m0repotter said:

If you’re talking about the one with Hedwig, Harry, and a Great Hall table? I’ve seen it many times at Target, not necessarily in the toy specific section but randomly around the store as well

I’ve looked every time I’m there, the targets near me haven’t had it, same with Walmart or any other retail store that carries Lego like Barnes and Noble and Kohl’s. It just doesn’t exist near me

6 hours ago, KA1 said:

I saw in few rumors that at January will be GWP for 75$ HP sets MBoM and for 85$ lego ideas retro car. So i hope that if i buy ale 4 classrooms i will get 2 gifts:X :D

This has just been confirmed via the promo calendar. Man, I wasn't planning on buying all four immediately, but now I may have to lol

12 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

This has just been confirmed via the promo calendar. Man, I wasn't planning on buying all four immediately, but now I may have to lol

Have you link please ?

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’ve looked every time I’m there, the targets near me haven’t had it, same with Walmart or any other retail store that carries Lego like Barnes and Noble and Kohl’s. It just doesn’t exist near me

I got one at the LEGO Store when I bought The Burrow; the cashier just threw it in my bag as a gift. I'd try calling your nearest LEGO store to see if they have it.

Anyway, I've got to say: building Diagon Alley has me absolutely begging for a Grimmauld Place at this scale. The doorway to the Daily Prophet building with the narrow hallway and everything reminds me of it a lot. And also, the little room with the dresser and rug above Scribbulus reminds me of that room where Harry gets attacked by the Monster Book in the Leaky Cauldron. I definitely wouldn't say no to a Leaky Cauldron set either.

Thought I'd draft up ideas if they make anymore of the book builds with some other subjects:

Defence against the Dark Arts:

Figures: Professor Lupin, Neville and a Dementor Minifigure. Design: A big sticker with the dragon skeleton on it, a wardrobe build with a mirror sticker and a small record player build. Maybe a table with a horned skull on it? The book colour: Dark Brown

Care of Magical Creatures:

Figures: Hagrid, Harry and Ron. Design: I don't think they'd include Buckbeak, but they could have Buckbeak on a sticker flying. Maybe a couple of nifflers (based of Goblet of Fire) and a few tree builds made like the archways. The book colour: Blue or Brown.

Divination:

Figures: Professor Trelawny, Hermione and Lavender Brown (or someone like Dean Thomas). Design: The set could have some round tables and chairs with the Transparent minifigure helmet piece as crystal balls, and some teacups as well. The background could have some candles and curtains blocking windows. The book colour: Dark blue or purple.

15 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Thought I'd draft up ideas if they make anymore of the book builds with some other subjects:

Figures: Professor Lupin, Neville and a Dementor Minifigure. Design: A big sticker with the dragon skeleton on it, a wardrobe build with a mirror sticker and a small record player build. Maybe a table with a horned skull on it? The book colour: Dark Brown

Why Neville is included when there is Dementor boggart? Dementor is not Neville’s fear. It’s Professor Snape himself that Neville fears. I’d love to see Snape comes in Neville’s grandma’s fashion. 

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

Why Neville is included when there is Dementor boggart? Dementor is not Neville’s fear. It’s Professor Snape himself that Neville fears. I’d love to see Snape comes in Neville’s grandma’s fashion. 

Its exist already. It was part promo set of minifigs from 2018.

24 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’d love to see Snape comes in Neville’s grandma’s fashion. 

As KA1 said we already got that back in 2018 and as it's a fairly obscure and insignificant variant I highly doubt we'll be seeing it again. 

You could try Bricklinking him though, iirc he's not that expensive. 

18 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Care of Magical Creatures:

Figures: Hagrid, Harry and Ron. Design: I don't think they'd include Buckbeak, but they could have Buckbeak on a sticker flying. Maybe a couple of nifflers (based of Goblet of Fire) and a few tree builds made like the archways. The book colour: Blue or Brown.

Divination:

Figures: Professor Trelawny, Hermione and Lavender Brown (or someone like Dean Thomas). Design: The set could have some round tables and chairs with the Transparent minifigure helmet piece as crystal balls, and some teacups as well. The background could have some candles and curtains blocking windows. The book colour: Dark blue or purple.

Add the Flying lesson with Madam Hooch, and you've got a full set of 4! They'd change her from the minifigure pack version (maybe give her the Nakia hair in light grey), but they have already reused some characters from that pack, just not the same design. Have Draco and either Harry or Neville with the Remembrall as the students, and you've got a remake of the old Flying Lesson set 4711.

37 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Add the Flying lesson with Madam Hooch, and you've got a full set of 4! They'd change her from the minifigure pack version (maybe give her the Nakia hair in light grey), but they have already reused some characters from that pack, just not the same design. Have Draco and either Harry or Neville with the Remembrall as the students, and you've got a remake of the old Flying Lesson set 4711.

Honestly i hope that there will be not more books. We still missing more important scenes. The books looks good but dont fit to the theme for me...

8 minutes ago, KA1 said:

Honestly i hope that there will be not more books. We still missing more important scenes. The books looks good but dont fit to the theme for me...

Although I won't be picking them up, I'll just get McGonagall and the sticker sheets, I actually quite like them. They offer some cool stuff for those who want to get them but if you don't/can't get them you're not really missing much. They are very much optional, which is a good thing to see in a year that's going to be ridiculously expensive for LEGO fans.

I have no absolute interest in getting books alone. But I will only grab McGongall figure and maybe more figures. 

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah as mentioned The Boggart snape minifig was in the Bricktober pack.

If Harry was in the defence against the dark arts set then I'd put Draco in the Care of Magical Creatures instead of Harry.

I don't think they'd make fully blown sets of the classes I mentioned as Hagrids Hut already had Buckbeak, as for Divination and Defence we only get one scene of each in the films.

Or maybe they could do Lockhart, Lupin, Moody and Umbridge for a Defence against the Dark Arts set covering years 2-5.

1 minute ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I don't think they'd make fully blown sets of the classes I mentioned as Hagrids Hut already had Buckbeak, as for Divination and Defence we only get one scene of each in the films.

As Buckbeaks role in the movies was drastically altered from the books the only sets he can pop up in are PoA related. Eventually Hagrids Hut will retire and if it does while the theme's still going I could definetely see a CoMC set featuring Hagrid in his teaching outfit and a reuse of Buckbeak to keep him in rotation for the fans who missed out.

Oh and happy new year everyone! May 2021 be good to us all! :laugh: