Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

18 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Wonder Woman and Cheetah minifigs from the DC CMF series were reused in the SDCC set and the WW84 version also featured her CMF face print. Moreover, the Flash face print from that series was repurposed in a Jurassic World set.

I wish they could‘ve done that earlier, would have improved Krum & Cedric significantly :shrug_oh_well:

Cheers. :classic: Agreed, the current Krum face is a head scratcher. No idea why it was chosen, doesn't look like him at all. I preferred the 2005 version.

I'm going to feel stupid for asking just as soon as this gets answered, but what's BAM stand for again? I know it refers to the collectible minifig series, but couldn't work out the abbreviation, and it wasn't in the glossary. Ditto 1HY? TIA.

Also does everyone looking at the pix of leaks just have an IG account, or is one of the IG viewers working again? Picuki and gramho both have issues lately. (sorry for the OT) 

Just now, krimimimi said:

I'm going to feel stupid for asking just as soon as this gets answered, but what's BAM stand for again? I know it refers to the collectible minifig series, but couldn't work out the abbreviation, and it wasn't in the glossary. Ditto 1HY? TIA.

BAM stands for Build A Minifigure. They're the stations at the LEGO Brand Stores where you can build 3 figs for a pretty cheap price. They often get exclusive prints etc. 

HY stands for Half Year. So 1HY is the first half (january - june) and 2HY is the second half (july - december). 

I think the leaked mermaid piece is from the upcoming Vidiyo (sp?) theme since one of the codenames was ‚Mermaid‘ after all :shrug_oh_well: That would kill the chances of minifigs of famous singers, but oh well... Unless it‘s someone stuck in a mermaid costume for a music video or something :laugh:

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This could be the first year of this theme where we don't get any setnames and have to speculate based on figure leaks only, which should definetely be interesting :excited: Unless my source suddenly turns up with a list of setnames ofc :shrug_oh_well:

If that happens, the speculation will be even more insane than this year :snicker: Bring it on! I thinks it‘s a pretty likely scenario.

The only chance I see for set names to pop up earlier than the minifig leaks would be the 2HY retail catalogue. As jdubbs has said a while ago in the SW thread, the lack of toy fairs might force TLG to rely on the catalogues again to present their new line-up to retailers. Depends on whether they‘re willing to take the risk, given that the 1HY catalogue leaked in a spectacular fashion, burning the source forever

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

If that happens, the speculation will be even more insane than this year :snicker: Bring it on! I thinks it‘s a pretty likely scenario.

The only chance I see for set names to pop up earlier than the minifig leaks would be the 2HY retail catalogue. As jdubbs has said a while ago in the SW thread, the lack of toy fairs might force TLG to rely on the catalogues again to present their new line-up to retailers. Depends on whether they‘re willing to take the risk, given that the 1HY catalogue leaked in a spectacular fashion, burning the source forever

If the sets leak through a retail catalogue I do hope it doesn't happen too soon. I love knowing what's coming very early on so I can properly plan out my purchases but such a leak would effectively ruin most of the discussions and speculation that make the HP thread so fun. But I guess we'll have to wait and see :shrug_oh_well:

Kinda curious, if you guys could pick one DH related figure for 2021 you would want LEGO to go all out on who (and what variant) would it be? Definetely wedding Fleur for me :grin:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Kinda curious, if you guys could pick one DH related figure for 2021 you would want LEGO to go all out on who (and what variant) would it be? Definetely wedding Fleur for me :grin:

If they make a set of the Lovegood House, then my pick would probably be Xenophilius Lovegood from that scene, as that variant would need a lot of printing to look accurate.

Honorable mentions include Narcissa Malfoy, whose previous minifigure set a high bar for detail back in 2011, and Battle of Hogwarts Neville, who would greatly benefit from arm printing.  And I agree that wedding Fleur would also be a good choice.

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

If they make a set of the Lovegood House, then my pick would probably be Xenophilius Lovegood from that scene, as that variant would need a lot of printing to look accurate.

Honorable mentions include Narcissa Malfoy, whose previous minifigure set a high bar for detail back in 2011, and Battle of Hogwarts Neville, who would greatly benefit from arm printing.  And I agree that wedding Fleur would also be a good choice.

Narcissa would definetely be a good choice as well, she desperately needs a new hairpiece. If they cheap out on her and use an existing one that would be really lame :hmpf_bad:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

if you guys could pick one DH related figure for 2021 you would want LEGO to go all out on who (and what variant) would it be? Definetely wedding Fleur for me :grin:

Narcissa, (Wedding) Bill, Pomfrey, Rita Skeeter (although I can't honestly say I associate her with DH so much, but she's sorely missed), Xenophilius, Kreacher, Scabior, Percy, Tonks, Scrimgeour, Neville, and Bathilda Bagshot, probably in that order. 

Edited by krimimimi

10 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Kreacher

Agreed. He needs a new mould, which is why I put him on the top of my list. None of the other characters need one as much as he does :laugh:

41 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Narcissa, (Wedding) Bill, Pomfrey, Rita Skeeter (although I can't honestly say I associate her with DH so much, but she's sorely missed), Xenophilius, Kreacher, Scabior, Percy, Tonks, Scrimgeour, Neville, and Bathilda Bagshot, probably in that order. 

All good choices!  Pomfrey, Skeeter and Scrimgeour seem more likely to show up in another CMF series if anything, so I am not expecting to see them next year, but I would be happy to be surprised.  I am curious to see how many of the 2021 sets will be Battle of Hogwarts themed, as that would impact the amount of room for DH variants of characters such as Percy and Tonks.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I know we have had a million figures of the trio. But if I had to choose one! It would hands down be Hermione in the dress she wears to the wedding. Looks amazing in it in the movie. I'd probably even choose this over a completely new figure myself. No want... NEED! :iamded_lol:

Was able to get the two 2021 Frozen 2 sets (my guilty pleasure theme :grin:) and the new Mandalorian set from Kohl’s. Saw 3 of the new Mario Bros. sets there as well. However, still no sign of the Hogwarts Moment sets!! :pir-cry_sad:

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Kinda curious, if you guys could pick one DH related figure for 2021 you would want LEGO to go all out on who (and what variant) would it be?

Well the cafe lady of course! Such an underrated character :rofl: But seriously - Grey Lady! Pretty much the last chance for a ghost, as deep down we all know Fat Friar and Bloody Baron are not happening. And if we go all out - use the new satin/opal color on minifig parts, that should make for an interesting looking figure.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

the lack of toy fairs might force TLG to rely on the catalogues again to present their new line-up to retailers.

Or they can do it on zoom or similar. Apparently Lego usually have a day in Billund where they present the new sets for the next half year for retailers where they can take the time they like and look at the new sets. Instead this year it was one hour presentation on zoom.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Depends on whether they‘re willing to take the risk, given that the 1HY catalogue leaked in a spectacular fashion, burning the source forever 

What have I missed?

11 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

What have I missed?

The catalogue leaks from a few months ago (which also give us our first looks at the Hogwarts Moments books) came from special retailer catalogues. The owner of the catalogue let some customers take pictures even though he wasn't supposed to and that blew up in his face as those pics found their way online soon after.

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed. He needs a new mould, which is why I put him on the top of my list. None of the other characters need one as much as he does :laugh:

While I love Kreacher for me that's a reason not to put him on the list. A new headmold isn't just a nice extra detail but 100% necessary so it'll happen anyway :grin:

So, for the MBoM being available on SaH, will it be a GwP? Or can we just buy it? I want to buy Diagon Alley as soon as it is back in stock and if it's before 1 January, I don't want to miss out on MBoM (have all the other HP sets already).

4 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

So, for the MBoM being available on SaH, will it be a GwP? Or can we just buy it? I want to buy Diagon Alley as soon as it is back in stock and if it's before 1 January, I don't want to miss out on MBoM (have all the other HP sets already).

It's a GWP from Jan 1st - 31st. Pretty sure the treshold is only 75 euro but I could be wrong on that.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's a GWP from Jan 1st - 31st. Pretty sure the treshold is only 75 euro but I could be wrong on that.

I saw this info at few leaks IG pages and also at this thread but no more info since that. About the favorite CMF...is there anyone who doesnt want aunt Marge after dobbys spell?:))) I know it is not DH char. but still i was dissapointed when i see that this minifig is not part of privet drive

7 minutes ago, KA1 said:

I saw this info at few leaks IG pages and also at this thread but no more info since that. About the favorite CMF...is there anyone who doesnt want aunt Marge after dobbys spell?:))) I know it is not DH char. but still i was dissapointed when i see that this minifig is not part of privet drive

Marge not being in the Privet Drive set was a bit disappointing but I do get why she wasn't included. And you've mixed CoS and PoA together I see, Dobby was in CoS and Marge was blown up by Harry in PoA :wink:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Marge not being in the Privet Drive set was a bit disappointing but I do get why she wasn't included. And you've mixed CoS and PoA together I see, Dobby was in CoS and Marge was blown up by Harry in PoA :wink:

Your are right that at  Privet drive is the small cake..Soo meaby next year in CMF 3. :D

Hmm Aunt Marge in a balloon-like state in minifigure form? I will say - definitely impossible to make a round-shaped minifigure but it would be very interesting to see her appear in set!

39 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmm Aunt Marge in a balloon-like state in minifigure form? I will say - definitely impossible to make a round-shaped minifigure but it would be very interesting to see her appear in set!

Something like this?

4982 Mrs. Puff's Boating School | Brickipedia | Fandom

1 minute ago, mark1991t said:

Something like this?

4982 Mrs. Puff's Boating School | Brickipedia | Fandom

Yeah, just like that one! I haven’t thought of that SpongeBob Squarepant character, thanks for bringing it up!

Or they could use a Bombur minifigure torso/hear cover combo that inflates the body mass? But the Spongebob figure looks the best.

4 hours ago, KA1 said:

Have you seen this buildable version of Aunt Marge on Rebrickable? I thought it was very nicely done.