Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Then have a separate $30-$40 ‘lake task’ set: Fleur, Cedric, Cho, Gabrielle and another merperson or two with the ruins. 

Finaly in a CMF: Lake task versions of Harry (flesh flippers), Krum (shark head), Ron and Hermione with new grindylows. Rita and Igor in his white ‘arrival’ coat with a new hat mould also in the CMF.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put Harry and Krum in the set and Fleur and Cedric in a CMF? 

I reckon the remaining GoF scenes would be served best with a Durmstrang Ship set, a second task set and any remaining figures from the Yule Ball, World Cup, and other scenes done in a CMF if needed, including Fleur and Krum from the Third Task. 

The Creator Ship and Barracuda Bay seem to have sold well by stock levels in my local area, which shows there is appetite for Pirate sets. I'd love a fresh wave of Pirates sets, but a Durmstrang Ship would probably sell quite well as a stand alone pirate ship.it would most likely have to be more than £70 which is perhaps the only difficult thing with this set. 

A Second Task set with one plate representing the stadium and another the Merpeople City would be good, but with four champions and four prizes that's already eight minifigures. Perhaps others like Rita and Barry Crouch could be used to bolster the numbers in a Durmstrang set. 

How many GoF figures do we need anyway? The ones I can think of rn:

Variants: 
- Second Task - all 4
- Thrid Task - Fleur and Krum
- Krum in school robes
- Karkaroff in his arrival/white and brown outfits
- Yule Ball - McGonagall, Roger Davies, Neville, Ginny, Snape, Karkaroff (if it isn't just the same as his arrival outfit), other background characters like Draco etc. 

Characters: 
- Rita Skeeter
- Barty Crouch Sr 
- Amos Diggory
- Random students 

Pretty sure that's most of it, if not everything. 

48 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Variants: 
- Second Task - all 4
- Krum in school robes
- Yule Ball - McGonagall, Roger Davies, Neville, Ginny, Snape, Karkaroff (if it isn't just the same as his arrival outfit), other background characters like Draco etc. 

Characters: 
- Rita Skeeter
- Barty Crouch Sr 
- Amos Diggory
- Random students 

Frank Bryce, Weird Sisters, World Cup variants... yeah I think you've names all the important ones! There are quite a few varients of, say, Mme Maxime, but they aren't really high priority. 

Some Potter Stinks badge variants might be fun. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Variants: 
- Second Task - all 4
- Krum in school robes

Characters: 
- Rita Skeeter
- Barty Crouch Sr 
- Amos Diggory
- Random students 

Yule Ball Moody and World Cup Krum would be awesome too

As of now the only 2020 HP set I haven’t managed to get my hands on is the polybag. For whatever reason it just hasn’t shown up near me. Anyone else?

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to put Harry and Krum in the set and Fleur and Cedric in a CMF? 

Yes Possibly, like the original set, but I did it this way round as we always get the trio in the CMF anyway, and lego likes to design them ‘from the same scene/film’  and it would be a good use of the budget for the new shark head etc 

Also champions and their ‘treasure’ appear together, if you had Fleur and Cedric in the CMF how would you cover captured Cho and Gabrielle?

Hi guys what about the the fifth film OotF we still have just set with the forbidden forest and the room of requirement. I feel that this part deserve more sets like House of Sirius or battle at ministry. What do you think 

2 hours ago, KA1 said:

Hi guys what about the the fifth film OotF we still have just set with the forbidden forest and the room of requirement. I feel that this part deserve more sets like House of Sirius or battle at ministry. What do you think 

OotP definitely deserves more sets. The scene I would like to see getting turned into a set the most would be the Battle at the MoM, I agree :thumbup: You guys present a lot of great non-DH set ideas, but I selfishly hope for DH to get the spotlight next summer as much as possible, as I've said before :classic:

Speaking of which: I'm sure multiple people have brought up this idea before, but I would really appreciate a set based on the Tale of the Three Brothers. The sequence is not only very iconic and visually striking, it's one of if not THE best story within a story I know of. However, I'd imagine it as a GWP set à la the recent Charles Dickens book, complete with the book as a base and the scene at the river crossing placed on top of it. A regular set would probably not be viable, but GWP sets tend to be display pieces anyway, so it would make sense as one (even though 3 minifigs + the Grim Reaper may be pushing it)

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

You guys present a lot of great non-DH set ideas, but I selfishly hope for DH to get the spotlight next summer as much as possible, as I've said before :classic:

While there's a lot of non-DH stuff I'd love to get I'm 100% with you, 2021 should be all about DH! :excited:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Speaking of which: I'm sure multiple people have brought up this idea before, but I would really appreciate a set based on the Tale of the Three Brothers. The sequence is not only very iconic and visually striking, it's one of if not THE best story within a story I know of. However, I'd imagine it as a GWP set à la the recent Charles Dickens book, complete with the book as a base and the scene at the river crossing placed on top of it. A regular set would probably not be viable, but GWP sets tend to be display pieces anyway, so it would make sense as one (even though 3 minifigs + the Grim Reaper may be pushing it)

The characters in the story are fully black so they wouldn't require any printing, 4 figures could be doable. And if LEGO doesn't agree with that they could always make it microscale I guess? 3 nanofigs with a Death minifig? :shrug_oh_well:

I'm not up to date on what sets are rumoured for next year (apart from the confirmed classroom sets) - are we expecting a set of the second task from GoF? The carriage set from last year came with Fleur's sister with an alternate sleeping face so I thought that was a hint but I haven't heard anything else about that. Looking forward to seeing sets based on the last 2 films as we've only had 2 before (in 2011) and both were fairly loosely connected to the film

10 minutes ago, TheAbsoluteSt81 said:

I'm not up to date on what sets are rumoured for next year (apart from the confirmed classroom sets) - are we expecting a set of the second task from GoF? The carriage set from last year came with Fleur's sister with an alternate sleeping face so I thought that was a hint but I haven't heard anything else about that. Looking forward to seeing sets based on the last 2 films as we've only had 2 before (in 2011) and both were fairly loosely connected to the film

No specific details are known yet, we only know the setnumbers and prices I shared some time ago

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As of now the only 2020 HP set I haven’t managed to get my hands on is the polybag. For whatever reason it just hasn’t shown up near me. Anyone else?

If you have a JoAnn’s Fabrics I’d check there. I found a bunch of them months ago there. I saw someone on Instagram show that they found them at Walmart recently. Unless yours is like mine....and rarely gets polybags, let alone good ones. :hmpf_bad:

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Target currently has the Polybag available online but you need to spend $35 to have it shipped.  They have them in my local Target & Walmart stores.  Not sure about Kohl's.  Never found them in my local Joann's despite their online pickup saying they were available.  I snagged 4 of them when they showed up in Walmart.  Check Walmart's Holiday Stocking Stuffer displays as there are a bunch of different polybags as well as some small boxed sets in the displays.  In Target I've found several different polybags in the Holiday Candy, Baking & Stocking Stuffer area endcaps

I have been reading this thread for the second day in a row and it seems to me that I have turned into a child again who is waiting for his first personal Lego set.

23 hours ago, karrit said:

Target currently has the Polybag available online but you need to spend $35 to have it shipped.  They have them in my local Target & Walmart stores.  Not sure about Kohl's.  Never found them in my local Joann's despite their online pickup saying they were available.  I snagged 4 of them when they showed up in Walmart.  Check Walmart's Holiday Stocking Stuffer displays as there are a bunch of different polybags as well as some small boxed sets in the displays.  In Target I've found several different polybags in the Holiday Candy, Baking & Stocking Stuffer area endcaps

Walmart in Ohio has them too.  As well as the Christmas tree that I thought was only available as a GWP in LEGO Brand Stores.

I don’t want to spoil it for anybody but can someone at least private message me? I don’t understand the significance of what was in the HP advent calendar for today (the 9th) :pir-sceptic:

20 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

I don’t want to spoil it for anybody but can someone at least private message me? I don’t understand the significance of what was in the HP advent calendar for today (the 9th) :pir-sceptic:

I think it's supposed to be a Gryffindor table to go along with the previous days sofa. 

40 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

16 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I think it's supposed to be a Gryffindor table to go along with the previous days sofa. 

It's the table the big gramophone sits on during those Yule Ball dancing lessons in GoF 

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's the table the big gramophone sits on during those Yule Ball dancing lessons in GoF 

But what about that bottle piece tho? 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

But what about that bottle piece tho? 

With a bit of imagination it could be a bottle of pumpkin juice :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

With a bit of imagination it could be a bottle of pumpkin juice :shrug_oh_well:

Well, I will leave that bottle alone. I expect someone to not spill a pumpkin juice on the lovely record player! 

Quick thought: I know it was mentioned that the new dog mould in the 2021 City set could be used for a future Fang, but on seeing a better look of the new piece on IG I can't say it bears any resemblance to Fang for me. Fang really need the droopy jowls in my opinion so I think he would have to be a new mould entirely.

On 12/8/2020 at 1:37 PM, eilish said:

I have been reading this thread for the second day in a row and it seems to me that I have turned into a child again who is waiting for his first personal Lego set.

I know that feeling, whenever new rumours or set pictures pop up I feel like a kid on christmas again :excited:

57 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Quick thought: I know it was mentioned that the new dog mould in the 2021 City set could be used for a future Fang, but on seeing a better look of the new piece on IG I can't say it bears any resemblance to Fang for me. Fang really need the droopy jowls in my opinion so I think he would have to be a new mould entirely.

Agreed, the new labrador mould is not that good of a fit for a mastiff. Fang deserves his own mould

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Wait there is no the Sirius dog at all either? How could I not notice that in first place! 

Anyways, I agreed with you - new Labrador/golden treiever mold doens’t serve well for Fang. It would be perfect a new mold for Fang and St. Bernard.

Hi, do you expect next cmf serie next year? And if yes or no which characters you would like to see? For me its Rita and kreacher