Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

We finally have a picture of the Hogwarts crest, thanks to newelementary: 

Not bad :thumbup: Too much gold in the background, but the crest itself is nice

The 4 combined looks a lot better and more colourful than the single sets! Especially the yellow looks like yellow there not like pearl gold in the Hufflepuff one :wacko:

To me the checkerboard pattern looks like the pattern used to show a transparent background in Photoshop so when I look at the combined crest all I can see is the two bottom corners that make me wonder what's missing. It didn't bother me as much on the individual crests where the only square of colour in each design is what pulls my eye but now that I see them beside the combined crest it bugs me on the smaller ones too.

Just now, mscott71 said:

To me the checkerboard pattern looks like the pattern used to show a transparent background in Photoshop so when I look at the combined crest all I can see is the two bottom corners that make me wonder what's missing.

You beat me to it. 

The combined set definetely looks a lot better than the seperate crests but, as pointed out by @mscott71, it looks like they forgot to put in the lower half of the background. Definetely not shelling out 480 euro for this.

I get the appeal of these mosaics - it must be a very relaxing experience building them and they make for a nice break from the traditional LEGO set. The crests on their own look fine. The combined one looks much better, of course, but still much blander than the Iron Man or Darth Vader sets, IMO. Do you really need four copies to make the full crest? 600CAD for a two-dimensional model is obscene.

Also, @mscott71 :laugh_hard: you're absolutely correct.

The combined crest definitely looks better, but I agree about the bottom and what stands out for me is just an overall sense of coldness; there's a lot of white, grey and yellow that doesn't really make the other colours pop. As much as it might see contradictory, I think a purely black background would have made the crest look warmer, but obviously it's what they could make from the individual crest pieces. Shame.

13 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The combined crest definitely looks better, but I agree about the bottom and what stands out for me is just an overall sense of coldness; there's a lot of white, grey and yellow that doesn't really make the other colours pop. As much as it might see contradictory, I think a purely black background would have made the crest look warmer, but obviously it's what they could make from the individual crest pieces. Shame.

We're all just common muggles, unable to see the included life-size Dementor but we do feel it's coldness :wink:

LMAO the photoshop comparison is so on point. I know what they were going for but yea it looks hilarious now

While the full Hogwarts crest looks okay, it's still nowhere near appealing enough for me to consider getting it. Or 4 of them!! You can get posters of the houses that look better than these for a tiny fraction of the price.

I'm definitely not wasting any of my money on the mosaic line.

3 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

While the full Hogwarts crest looks okay, it's still nowhere near appealing enough for me to consider getting it. Or 4 of them!! You can get posters of the houses that look better than these for a tiny fraction of the price.

Exactly my thoughts. You could get something non-lego that probably looks a lot better for a lot less, not everything you buy needs to be apple, I mean lego; I, for one would. The SW and beatles ones hit different though.

EDIT: By non-lego I didn’t mean knockoff, but rather no building blocks whatsoever. 

Edited by Otherworld

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Mikkelsen got the job!! :excited: Today is a good day.

It's a good choice. Excited to see what he'll bring to the role. 

Now we’re talking! That crest is amazing! But there’s no way I’m paying $500 for that...these would be so much more desirable if they were around $75-80.

That Hogwarts Crest looks so good. It’s a shame they didn’t do the Crest on a single mosaic tile rather than having to buy 4 though. 

I like the mosaic set more after I've seen these pics. The crest looks a lot better then the single ones.

I want to get one set but I'm going to wait for a big discount. I would never buy four sets, for the same price I can get the DA and AT togheter. The design is to low to justify the price. Some of the other sets in the mosaic theme have a lot better quality in their designs then HP.

I'm a lot more impressed of the design of the four book sets then the mosaic set. 

The whole LEGO Art line does nothing for me whatsoever.  I'm much happier with my Diagon Alley and other Harry Potter sets.  I remember being in the Disneyland LEGO store back in March where people were wowed by the personalized on demand Photo Mosaics they were doing there.  They were predominantly B&W.  Reminded me a bit of the Photos they put on cakes you buy from the bakery.  Just not something I want to spend my hard earned money on.

5 hours ago, karrit said:

The whole LEGO Art line does nothing for me whatsoever.  I'm much happier with my Diagon Alley and other Harry Potter sets.  I remember being in the Disneyland LEGO store back in March where people were wowed by the personalized on demand Photo Mosaics they were doing there.  They were predominantly B&W.  Reminded me a bit of the Photos they put on cakes you buy from the bakery.  Just not something I want to spend my hard earned money on.

Completely agree, i have all HP set include Minifigs sets, promo diagon alley or 4 figures set and brickheadz since 2018 but this art set a will 100% miss. I am looking forward for sets like tent, gringotts etc i also heard that there should be some anniversary set for 20 years which is not included in the leaked sets. 

2 minutes ago, KA1 said:

Completely agree, i have all HP set include Minifigs sets, promo diagon alley or 4 figures set and brickheadz since 2018 but this art set a will 100% miss. I am looking forward for sets like tent, gringotts etc i also heard that there should be some anniversary set for 20 years which is not included in the leaked sets. 

I feel like I need to specify this again because people (not here but in general) keep blowing it out of proportions: there currently is no knowledge of a proper anniversary set, there are 2 sets that could be either a GWP or a Brickheadz set and those should be anniversary related but that's it. 

I'd suggest to always look for the original source if you can find him/her. Some people on Instagram have a tendency to blow things way out of proportion just for a few more likes, even if that means misinforming their followers. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I feel like I need to specify this again because people (not here but in general) keep blowing it out of proportions: there currently is no knowledge of a proper anniversary set, there are 2 sets that could be either a GWP or a Brickheadz set and those should be anniversary related but that's it. 

I'd suggest to always look for the original source if you can find him/her. Some people on Instagram have a tendency to blow things way out of proportion just for a few more likes, even if that means misinforming their followers. 

Just going out on a limb, but I could believe the classroom sets are intended as the “anniversary” sets, throwback uniforms, the sets are small like the classroom/Diagon alley sets from the 00s ?

4 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Just going out on a limb, but I could believe the classroom sets are intended as the “anniversary” sets, throwback uniforms, the sets are small like the classroom/Diagon alley sets from the 00s ?

I think that if there will be any anniversary set it will be proper marked:) Winter wave is still little bit boring

I certainly hope so. I want the summer wave to be a DH extravaganza with as few other sets as possible :tongue: 

I doubt that, at least in terms of that being what Instagram's repost-addicts are referring to (as that's what the OP was talking about). Neither leakers nor LEGO themselves has mentioned anything about the anniversary, the only anniversary related info we've gotten is the GWP/BH info my source had me share. 

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I certainly hope so. I want the summer wave to be a DH extravaganza with as few other sets as possible :tongue: 

Agreed, screw the anniversary and bring on DH in it's full glory :excited: