Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

About this becoming an evergreen theme: I wouldn’t mind this, and then rereleasing sets would help my wallet a lot! As long as they don’t improve too much so that it’s not Bricklinkable. However as awesome as these sets are, there are certainly amazing sets with bits they could end up drastically improving, such as the Great Hall’s Tower.

19 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Obviously once you have enough pieces of the castle, you don't need to purchase something like it for later releases (and that skews the sets from more general at the beginning of a series to more specific later on), but it was interesting (for me at least) to see they'd allocated fairly significant individual budgets for scenes from PoA and GoF, and to a slightly lesser degree HBP, and not much for sets unique to PS or OotP. (I want the darn troll. lol And maybe a Fluffy, if they can do a good job with it.) I thought it was also interesting how much of the budget had already been allocated for CoS (even if we ignore the D2C DA set). I'd greatly underestimated that, and it makes me slightly less hopeful for an actual Chamber of Secrets / Slytherin dungeon set now. (It also makes me wonder if that was such a fan fave as books / movies go...) But off of this I also assume they'll be revisiting OotP in the future as they have the older movies in more recent waves.

Including sets that aren't part of the main waves, D2Cs, and repeating sets for multiple movies is an interesting approach but I think it just makes things more confusing. It seems like LEGO is/was giving each film roughly $200 with the exceptions of PS/COS (due to the first wave being more uncertain and having FB sets) and OOTP (for no reason at all afaik). Ideally each time would have 200 with the exceptions of PS and COS having a bit more since their 2018 sets were fairly general and DH1 having a bit less since there isn't as quite as much good material for sets (and now after seeing how they've treated OOTP I doubt we will get more than a single set from DH1). 

I'm sure we will get more from OOTP at some point but I don't think it will ever be proportional to the other films. Over time the LEGO HP line will become increasingly focused on the earliest and most marketable/popular films the same way Star Wars has. Also there's no reason to worry about us not getting a chamber of secrets set. Kids and collectors have wanted one since the first wave ended and I'm sure LEGO will release one in 2022 for the film's 20th anniversary. 

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

In hindsight I'm actually kinda disappointed in the book choices they made for the book sets. They're nice and all but they're not really future-friendly if you get what I mean. Would've made more sense to pair the common rooms/dormitories with House books and classes with a book based on the subject in question (so Potions with Advanced Potion Making for example). It's not the end of the world and it doesn't take away from the sets themselves, they're still really good, but it's definetely a missed opportunity :shrug_oh_well:

I've been saying exactly this since these sets were announced. Making the books themed around class books would've prevented LEGO from having to include the Cho and Cedric figures. LEGO also could've made classes that weren't taught by the heads of house if they thought their schoolbooks weren't memorable enough. I would've loved a DADA classroom themed around Magical Me. I also would have appreciated a common room wave since LEGO isn't including them with the main sets (although I'm not sure how marketable the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw common rooms are). 

@MaxHeadroom .. love the idea about the school books .. I’d not thought about a ‘Common Room’ wave of books .. I think ( and hope ) Lego would know that they’d all sell well especially to the hardcore fans that want to collect all 4 .. but I see your point too. It’d be a great way to build up students from other houses ?

21 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

@MaxHeadroom .. love the idea about the school books .. I’d not thought about a ‘Common Room’ wave of books .. I think ( and hope ) Lego would know that they’d all sell well especially to the hardcore fans that want to collect all 4 .. but I see your point too. It’d be a great way to build up students from other houses ?

Depending on how many students they include, they could have a good variety of uniforms for all four houses; black robes, grey jumpers, white shirts, Quidditch outfits... plus, including more obscure students who don't fit in a regular set (Percy Weasley, Crabbe & Goyle, etc).

6 hours ago, Felkin said:

Depending on how many students they include, they could have a good variety of uniforms for all four houses; black robes, grey jumpers, white shirts, Quidditch outfits... plus, including more obscure students who don't fit in a regular set (Percy Weasley, Crabbe & Goyle, etc).

With three students per house I imagine there would be a sweater student, robe student, and quidditch student. While I think slytherin and Griffindor sets like this would be popular since there are many recognizesble characters and the con rooms were actually in the films I don't think the Hufflepuff and ravenclaw sets would be too successful. 

6 hours ago, Felkin said:

There are also house crest hoodies and jumpers which appear later in the series, or the Hogwarts Crest hoodie Seamus wears in GoF. Oh, and dedicated house Herbology outfits, and the plain uniforms worn before students are sorted. 

27 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

With three students per house I imagine there would be a sweater student, robe student, and quidditch student. While I think slytherin and Griffindor sets like this would be popular since there are many recognizesble characters and the con rooms were actually in the films I don't think the Hufflepuff and ravenclaw sets would be too successful. 

Or, if this idea was used in a few waves time, Lego could use different costumes for the four Heads of Houses than we've had before and only two students. Slughorn could replace Snape too. Or include the House Ghosts. 

Edited by Seaber

Just now, Seaber said:

Or, if this idea was used in a few waves time, Lego could use different costumes for the four Heads of Houses than we've had before and only two students. Slughorn could replace Snape too. Or include the House Ghosts. 

Then I do hope they'll actually include some proper variants, not whatever the new Snape and Sprout are supposed to be *huh* I'll always appreciate new prints but those 2, especially Sprout, are a waste of budget imo. Sprout is just a dumbed down version of the CMF fig and if they really wanted to stick with this costume for Snape they should've just reused the existing figure but with a new set of prints for his face, would've been much more usefull. 

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Then I do hope they'll actually include some proper variants, not whatever the new Snape and Sprout are supposed to be *huh* I'll always appreciate new prints but those 2, especially Sprout, are a waste of budget imo. Sprout is just a dumbed down version of the CMF fig and if they really wanted to stick with this costume for Snape they should've just reused the existing figure but with a new set of prints for his face, would've been much more usefull. 

Exactly my thoughts! Lmao 

At this point I think common room sets are very possible, guys ? Pretty sure they check Eurobricks now more than ever.

21 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Pretty sure they check Eurobricks now more than ever.

Fingers crossed they're here to gather ideas and not hunt down innocent people sharing info with their fellow fans :innocent:

After giving it a bit of thought I have to say I’m really disappointed with these books... I was really looking forward to them but I feel both the designs and the minifigures are a let down overall. The only appealing thing for me is the Mcgonagall figure (finally a dress piece after all this time!). I like the idea of the common rooms, but in all honesty I also thought the classroom idea sounded good! Looking forward to next year’s sets now.

I can’t wait to see the summer sets. Every year it’s such a great ride during the leak seasons. And of course HP for whatever reason is always the last to leak or be revealed so that’ll be our typical roller coaster. Really looking forward to starting to get info on those 

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I can’t wait to see the summer sets. Every year it’s such a great ride during the leak seasons. And of course HP for whatever reason is always the last to leak or be revealed so that’ll be our typical roller coaster. Really looking forward to starting to get info on those 

The wait for this year’s leaks was such a torture :D I miss the old leak patterns. Can’t believe we’re almost a month away from 2021 ?

18 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

The wait for this year’s leaks was such a torture :D I miss the old leak patterns. Can’t believe we’re almost a month away from 2021 ?

Honestly prefer that the sets were properly revealed instead of leaked. Sure, it was pure torture that all themes except for Potter were leaking but looking back I remember being really annoyed that I could look at all the new Jurassic World sets but not zoom in for details :shrug_oh_well: 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly prefer that the sets were properly revealed instead of leaked. Sure, it was pure torture that all themes except for Potter were leaking but looking back I remember being really annoyed that I could look at all the new Jurassic World sets but not zoom in for details :shrug_oh_well: 

Well that’s true, but covid aside, the good old days where lego sets were revealed properly at toy fairs were spectacular. A few days ago I searched for the 2010 HP thread out of pure nostalgia, what a jewel.

although I have to say it’ll be really annoying if IG doesn’t get back in the game soon. Not being able to view recent hashtags is just plain stupid. If that doesn’t get straightened out, the legoleaks hashtag will be utterly useless

23 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Well that’s true, but covid aside, the good old days where lego sets were revealed properly at toy fairs were spectacular. A few days ago I searched for the 2010 HP thread out of pure nostalgia, what a jewel.

Oh definetely, back when The Brick Show was still around I'd just sit there behind my laptop all day marveling at all those beautifull new LEGO sets :wub:  Those where the days :laugh:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Oh definetely, back when The Brick Show was still around I'd just sit there behind my laptop all day marveling at all those beautifull new LEGO sets :wub:  Those where the days :laugh:

Oh yeah, and honestly seeing not-so-clear images was fun sometimes, making out details and new pieces. (I remember when the monster fighters figures placed in a circular manner leaked :wub:) Then crappy bootlegs happened :sadnew: 

Oh, looks like this snail is finally a count after 9 years, yay :grin:

2 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Congrats on becoming a count here!

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

although I have to say it’ll be really annoying if IG doesn’t get back in the game soon. Not being able to view recent hashtags is just plain stupid. If that doesn’t get straightened out, the legoleaks hashtag will be utterly useless

In a way I'm a little bit glad that the generic #legoleaks hashtag is locked down.  I was getting a bit fed up with all the Fortnite crap and personal pictures of a few people who were posting many dopey selfies & pictures of cats that have absolutely nothing to do with LEGO.  I reported a lot of them as spam but wish there was a way to get them permanently blocked from using the hashtag.

Congrats Otherworld! Also are the art sets being sold for $30? or $120? I thought $30 but I saw it had 4,000+ pieces so I am confused.  

When do you think that we will know something more about summer set. 4 months before release ? So april ? I am quite disappointed from the winter wave. 4 small sets and one which is the worst set since 2018 HP start again....Thoughs?

10 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

At least some shops have had a digital meeting with Lego about the sets next year. I asked a shop about HP summer sets, but unfortunately they could not remember anything about them, if that is because they only got the set numbers or not remains to be seen. If not then maybe someone can get info from shop owners that remember something about them soon :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Congratulations :classic: It is a lot better to use 9 years with interesting posts than 9 weeks of rubbish post as some do :tongue:

7 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Congrats!

4 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Congrats Otherworld! Also are the art sets being sold for $30? or $120? I thought $30 but I saw it had 4,000+ pieces so I am confused.  

It's the latter, if those sets costed $30 they'd fly off the shelves faster than you can say 'wingardium leviosa' :wink:

2 hours ago, KA1 said:

When do you think that we will know something more about summer set. 4 months before release ? So april ? I am quite disappointed from the winter wave. 4 small sets and one which is the worst set since 2018 HP start again....Thoughs?

Last year we got our first info around february and that was pretty much it (aside from minifigure leaks in april/may). But with the Toy Fairs being all over the place next year the chances of proper info coming from those events are questionable to say the least. We'll just have to wait and see. 

This might even become a year in which we will only get minifigure leaks, which would mean the summer wave would be a giant guessing game. Could be fun :excited:

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

This might even become a year in which we will only get minifigure leaks, which would mean the summer wave would be a giant guessing game. Could be fun :excited:

Since our primary news sources for the last waves have always been the toy fairs, there‘s a decent chance we don‘t get any info before the factory leaks drop.

And I agree, this could be a ton of fun :laugh: We‘ve had similar factory-leak-based guessing games before where we didn‘t know which sets the minifigs belonged to, but this would elevate it to a whole new level because in those cases, we at least knew what the sets were :classic: Now, we‘re going in completely blind. Honestly, I‘m looking forward to it! This could be the only time something like this happens, like ever

Edit: Why does pasting text increase the font size in mobile? *oh2*

Edited by Lego-Freak

47 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Edit: Why does pasting text increase the font size in mobile? *oh2*

Eurobricks on mobile is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be unnatural.