Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The new City town center set looks to have a new labrador piece. Could work for Fang as well!

That would be Fangtastic. :wink:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The new City town center set looks to have a new labrador piece. Could work for Fang as well!

While I‘d prefer a specific mastiff mould, the new labrador mould might work too :thumbup: I just love how many dog moulds we have now (wiener, labrador, terrier, French bulldog, English bulldog, shepherd, chihuahua), but there‘s always room for more of course :excited: Mastiff and shiba are definitely on the top of my wishlist. 

...help me, I‘m turning into @Roebuck :laugh:

29 minutes ago, Modal said:

Just saw the HP art sets, wow they are ugly. 

Yeah, I was really hoping they would combine to make the crest.  That said, I can just get one now and not worry about all 4.

1 minute ago, RyanMe said:

Yeah, I was really hoping they would combine to make the crest.  That said, I can just get one now and not worry about all 4.

You can combine them into the crest, we just haven‘t seen it yet :wink: We have to wait for the lifestyle images

I don’t really care about the art set, but neither do I care about any other non-regular minifigure set, to be fair. 

These books have a very classic Harry Potter vibe to them, I’d be more than happy if they could keep that up with the upcoming waves. 

It's so weird to me that the Friends line is introducing curved windows next year when it would have made way more sense to introduce them this year in Diagon Alley.

Hopefully they get recoulored in black pretty quickly, it'd be great to use them on Ollivanders.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

While I‘d prefer a specific mastiff mould, the new labrador mould might work too :thumbup: I just love how many dog moulds we have now (wiener, labrador, terrier, French bulldog, English bulldog, shepherd, chihuahua), but there‘s always room for more of course :excited: Mastiff and shiba are definitely on the top of my wishlist. 

Don't forget the Husky.  The crest are not my cup of tea, but the books do look nice.  

On 11/18/2020 at 4:46 AM, karrit said:

I like the books but as others have already said I wish that they had chosen some other secondary students to use besides yet another Cho or Cedric.  Wasn't Parvati's sister Padma a Ravenclaw?  I like the new Seamus.

Yeah, I suggested Justin Finch-Fletchley (Hufflepuff and features in CoS).

Yes Padma is a Ravenclaw, for the films she's in Gryffindor though. Idk which house Lego has deemed her though.

I agree with most of the people here, I think the new crest art looks ugly.

Looks like some bad poster art an 11 year old who's trying to be edgy would have.

I don't know why the colours are so muted and just a ton of grey pieces. Tbh I think the art sets are really expensive and kind of boring as a whole.

Hi Guys 

Few weeks ago we discussed what set can come out at summer. Today i finally collect all HP sets since 2018 so prepare list of the sets from the past with my opinion for relaunch.

4695: Mini Harry Potter Knight Bus - Done (2018)

4701: Sorting Hat - Done (2018 in the 11923)

4702: The Final Challenge - This is included in the Great Hall, Also mirror is the part of this set 10% for relaunch

4704: The Room of the Winged Keys - This is included only in Hogwarts Castle, but I think that only way for relaunch is like a part of secret coridor 30%

4705: Snape's Class - Done 2021

4706: Forbidden Corridor - I hope that we gonna get this at 2021 o 2022. Maybe like a merge of more old sets 80%

4707: Hagrid's Hut - Done 2018

4708: Hogwarts Express - Done 2018

4709: Hogwarts Castle - Done 2018

4711: Flying Lesson - Same scene is in the Lego Book Potter vs Malfoy except remeberall. It can be part of any accessories set. 1% for relaunch

4712: Troll on the Loose - I believe that we will see the scene again. My opinion is that this could be part of bigger set with bathrooms. True is that we got minifig of Ursula but still I think that bathroom set maybe with chamber of secret from second side will be great addition to the collection 65%

4714: Gringott's bank - 99% 2021

4719: Quality Quidditch Supplies - Done like the part of Diagon Alley 2020

4720: Knockturn Alley - I believe that this is another set from 2021 summer wave. 90%

4721: Hogwarts Classrooms - Done 2021

4722: Gryffindor House - This is part of many set. My suggestion is 5%

4723: Diagon Alley Shops - Done 2018 and 2020

4726: Quidditch Practice - Done 2018

4727: Aragog in the Dark Forest -Done 2020

4728: Escape from Privet Drive - Done 2020

4729: Dumbledore's Office - I think that this part of the castle is include at actual set. For single relaunch 15%

4730: The Chamber of Secrets - I am pretty sure that we will get this set again same like hidden corridor. 80%

4731: Dobby's Release - We have now both minifigs and also the socks. 0%

4733: The Dueling Club - This is interesting. Maybe like a part of the bigger set but personally I dont think that this set include something interesting. We have all minifigs now so 5%

4735: Slytherin - Same opinion like Gryffindor. One possibility is that they will make similar set like classrooms this year for 2022 with the colleges halls. 5%

4736: Freeing Dobby - Same like 4731

4737: Quidditch Match - Done 2018

4738: Hagrid's Hut - Done 2018

4750: Draco's Encounter with Buckbeak - We already have all part s include the Buckbeak. 1%

4751: Harry and the Marauder's Map - I think that like a single set 0% but this could be part of the another piece of Hogwarts sets. Anyway 20%

4752: Professor Lupin's Classroom - I like this set but we got boggart in 2 sets. So 5% for relaunch

4753: Sirius Black's Escape - Again we have Sirius Buckbeak and Dementors. Nothing more interesting here. 1%

4754: Hagrid's Hut - Done 2018

4755: Knight Bus - Done 2018

4756: Shrieking Shack - Oh man, everyone want this set and Lupin with wolf head:) There is big potential for relaunch. I want more than one version on Lupin, Peter and Sirius. If we dont get this like a single set than Shack will be part of Hogsmeade set which comes for sure in future. 99%

4757: Hogwarts Castle - Done 2018 - 2020

4758: Hogwarts Express - Done 2018

4762: Rescue from the Merpeople - I really love to see this set. I think that we can see this set like the part of Durmstrang ship. 50%

4766: Graveyard Duel - Done 2019

4767: Harry and the Hungarian Horntail - Done 2019

4768: The Durmstrang Ship - I am pretty sure that if we got the beauxbaton arrive we shoud get this set too again. Maybe 2021 summer.

80%

4840: The Burrow - Done 2020

4841: Hogwarts Express - Done 2018

4842: Hogwarts Castle - Done 2018 - 2020 There is Dumbledore so its not “Final battle”

4865: The Forbidden Forest - Done 2020 in better version. This was just Minifigures set for me.

4866: The Knight Bus. -  Done 2018

4867: Hogwarts - Done but we still have not bridge. I am sure that this part of Hogwarts will be in “Final battle” set 2021

5378: Hogwarts Castle - Done. All minifigs we got exclude Testrals. They could be in some “beast packs”

10217: Diagon Alley - Done 2020

Thank you for reading and discuss please 

K1

30 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Yeah, I suggested Justin Finch-Fletchley (Hufflepuff and features in CoS).

Yes Padma is a Ravenclaw, for the films she's in Gryffindor though. Idk which house Lego has deemed her though.

I'd have liked Justin, too. 

Thus far they've avoided saying Parma is one House or another by only releasing one of her, in her dress robes for the Yule Ball. :laugh:

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ff57acc4-2193-4b7f-b09d-5e95f8bf5323#FsaVDRV3Z8.copy
:laugh_hard:

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't we all? :laugh_hard:

:laugh: That is my master-plan to make you all clones so Lego have no choice, but to give us all the animal moulds our harts desire :devil:

7 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I don’t really care about the art set, but neither do I care about any other non-regular minifigure set, to be fair.

Me neither, but I was planning to buy my first art set :sceptic:

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I don't know why the colours are so muted and just a ton of grey pieces.

Looks like Hufflepuff do not even get yellow :hmpf_bad:

Nice job, @KA1 Following this through to the present series as @MaxHeadroom was talking about how much the sets from which book had cost, in the same vein I made the following chronological list of sets. (Not by release date, but by when in the books they'd occur based on items / minifigs included in the sets and their prominence. So for instance the Great Hall set is both early (and late) in PS, and (early and) late in CoS based on the boat, Quirrel, the Mirror of Erised, tables that also serve as a duelling stage for the duelling club, and the basilisk.)

Philosopher's Stone - $254 ($210 of which is also from other books / movies)

• 4 Privet Drive - 75968 - PA and CoS $70
  • Harry's Journey to Hogwarts - 30407 - PS $4
  • Hogwarts Great Hall - 75954 - PS and CoS $100
  • Quidditch Match - 75956 - PS $40
  • Harry Potter Advent Calendar 2019 - 75964 - Various Movies (mostly PS and CoS) $40

Chamber Of Secrets - $695 ($610 of which is also from other books / movies)

• 4 Privet Drive - 75968 - PA and CoS $70
  • Diagon Alley - 75978 - CoS and HBP $400
  • Hogwarts Whomping Willow - 75953 - CoS $70
  • Harry Potter Advent Calendar 2019 - 75964 - Various Movies (mostly PS and CoS) $40
  • Hogwarts Great Hall - 75954 - PS and CoS $100
  • Aragog's Lair - 75950 - CoS $15

Prisoner of Azkaban - $200

• The Knight Bus - 75957 - PoA $40
  • Hogwarts Express - 75955 - PoA (although it's really applicable to any of the early movies, as long as Lupin is ignored) $80
  • Expecto Patronum - 75945 - PoA $20
  • Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue - 75947 - PoA $60 

Goblet of Fire - $230

• Beauxbatons' Carriage: Arrival at Hogwarts - 75958 - GoF $50
  • Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge - 75946 - GoF $30
  • Hogwarts Clock Tower - 75948 - GoF $90
  • Harry Potter Advent Calendar 2020 - 75981 - GoF $40
  • The Rise of Voldemort - 75965 - GoF $20

Order of the Phoenix - $50

• Hogwarts Room of Requirement - 75966 - OotP $20
  • Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter - 75967 - OotP $30

Half-Blood Prince - $600 ($400 of which is also from other books / movies)

• Diagon Alley - 75978 - CoS and HBP $400
  • Hogwarts Astronomy Tower - 75969 - HBP $100
  • Attack on the Burrow - 75980 - HBP (and to a lesser degree CoS) $100

Misc.

• Hogwarts Castle (nanoscale) - 71043 - Various Movies (PS, CoS, PoA, GoF, OotP) $400
  • Diagon Alley (nanoscale) - 40289 - Various Movies, promotional set
  • Harry Potter Minifigure Collection - 5005254 - Various Movies (PS, PoA, OotP, HPB, DH) 
  • Hogwarts Students Accessory Set - 40419 - Various Movies $15
  • Hedwig - 75979 - Various Movies $40
  • Newt's Case of Magical Creatures - 75952 - FBaWtFT $50 
  • Grindelwald's Escape - 75951 - FB:tCoG $20

Obviously once you have enough pieces of the castle, you don't need to purchase something like it for later releases (and that skews the sets from more general at the beginning of a series to more specific later on), but it was interesting (for me at least) to see they'd allocated fairly significant individual budgets for scenes from PoA and GoF, and to a slightly lesser degree HBP, and not much for sets unique to PS or OotP. (I want the darn troll. lol And maybe a Fluffy, if they can do a good job with it.) I thought it was also interesting how much of the budget had already been allocated for CoS (even if we ignore the D2C DA set). I'd greatly underestimated that, and it makes me slightly less hopeful for an actual Chamber of Secrets / Slytherin dungeon set now. (It also makes me wonder if that was such a fan fave as books / movies go...) But off of this I also assume they'll be revisiting OotP in the future as they have the older movies in more recent waves.

Edited by krimimimi

I've only seen the book sets, and by the way I love the inclusion of Flitwick from the first film, so does this mean the other set images can be expected to materialise if they haven't already 

In hindsight I'm actually kinda disappointed in the book choices they made for the book sets. They're nice and all but they're not really future-friendly if you get what I mean. Would've made more sense to pair the common rooms/dormitories with House books and classes with a book based on the subject in question (so Potions with Advanced Potion Making for example). It's not the end of the world and it doesn't take away from the sets themselves, they're still really good, but it's definetely a missed opportunity :shrug_oh_well:

58 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I've only seen the book sets, and by the way I love the inclusion of Flitwick from the first film, so does this mean the other set images can be expected to materialise if they haven't already 

Nope, the book sets will release on January 1st while the list of sets I shared are part of the summer wave. 

I think some people might have done this as well, but I ordered these smoke pieces from the LEGO Hidden Side line and have to say they work great as the flying smoke for HP. I also used it with Credence from FB and think it works here as well.
With Mysterio getting his own green smoke for the Spiderman set, I hope we'll see some too in the DH line next year, would be awesmmDVzOh.jpg

14 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

I think some people might have done this as well, but I ordered these smoke pieces from the LEGO Hidden Side line and have to say they work great as the flying smoke for HP. I also used it with Credence from FB and think it works here as well.
With Mysterio getting his own green smoke for the Spiderman set, I hope we'll see some too in the DH line next year, would be awes

I've done this too; I got two and used them for Fenrir and Bellatrix (giving them both short black legs as well so it goes from smoke to torso) and display them with The Burrow. :)

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

In hindsight I'm actually kinda disappointed in the book choices they made for the book sets. They're nice and all but they're not really future-friendly if you get what I mean. Would've made more sense to pair the common rooms/dormitories with House books and classes with a book based on the subject in question (so Potions with Advanced Potion Making for example). It's not the end of the world and it doesn't take away from the sets themselves, they're still really good, but it's definetely a missed opportunity :shrug_oh_well:

You have a point, common rooms would’ve made much more sense. I hope we get them in the future developed in a similar manner (not in book form exactly, but something different)

When the room of requirement was first rumoured, it made it seem as though the walls could actually be transformed, and that sounded like a neat idea. We need some more of that, it’s Harry Potter we’re talking about. 

I think it’s not just about which sets or locations we could be missing, but HOW they develop and present them. Maybe I’m just rambling but I hope I got the point across :def_shrug:

1 hour ago, Otherworld said:

You have a point, common rooms would’ve made much more sense. I hope we get them in the future developed in a similar manner (not in book form exactly, but something different)

When the room of requirement was first rumoured, it made it seem as though the walls could actually be transformed, and that sounded like a neat idea. We need some more of that, it’s Harry Potter we’re talking about. 

I think it’s not just about which sets or locations we could be missing, but HOW they develop and present them. Maybe I’m just rambling but I hope I got the point across :def_shrug:

I hope that this year they finish 7th book. Add 2 more from older ones. 2022 they will release some place which are not connect with particular book like Hogmeads and college rooms and that will be last one for a long time like LoTR. I am not sure about FB 3. But i dont like FB sets...

4 minutes ago, KA1 said:

I hope that this year they finish 7th book. Add 2 more from older ones. 2022 they will release some place which are not connect with particular book like Hogmeads and college rooms and that will be last one for a long time like LoTR. I am not sure about FB 3. But i dont like FB sets...

Yeah I don’t care about anything FB, but they gave us some neat pieces, specially that thestral.

I'd actually really like to see a bunch more FB sets. Though, admittedly, that's more because of the potential beasts than the characters :tongue:

33 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Yeah I don’t care about anything FB, but they gave us some neat pieces, specially that thestral.

meaby we get a scene from harrys 17th bday... there was thestral:D 

Edited by KA1

I just want a decent amount of DH sets, after that they can do as many sets based on FB and the other 6 films as their hearts desire :laugh: Especially DH part 1, which is the only film thus far that hasn't been represented by a single set 

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I just want a decent amount of DH sets, after that they can do as many sets based on FB and the other 6 films as their hearts desire :laugh: Especially DH part 1, which is the only film thus far that hasn't been represented by a single set 

I agree completely, although I would really love for them to fill in some of the more important gaps they missed

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth