Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

16 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

My main issue with it though is that it seems to be affecting the sets themselves. 2018 gave us the basics of any HP line of LEGO with a focus on years 1/2, 2019 gave us everything we would need from years 3/4 except a Sheieking Shack (and maybe a second task set or Durmstrang ship), 2020 gave us solid representation of year 6, expanded year two, an owl, and also a bit of year 5. 

From year 1, I miss the troll in the lav scene most. From year 2 I miss a CoS, Borgin and Burke's, maybe the corridor scene with the writing on the wall or a petrified Mrs Norris / Colin McCreevey / Nearly Headless Nick, some representation of the polyjuice / duping and drugging Crabbe and Goyle / visiting the Slytherin dungeons scene, and maybe something to show the petrification victims in the Infirmary. (CMFs would do for the latter.)

Personally I think I'd enjoy an advent set representing the polyjuice, Crabbe & Goyle etc. With small builds to represent the Myrtle's lav and the dungeons... It  doesn't hurt that it took place at Christmas. 

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

• advent calendars (minifigs, but mostly variants of ones we have gotten already, no locations, but small builds that fit in with earlier sets)
  • Classroom sets (minifigs, but only variants of ones we have gotten already, locations, but only variants of ones we have gotten already)
  • a house
  • a part of DA
  • a vehicle

I love these ideas.

I adore the advent calendars. I've had one every year for ages, and the HP ones are by far my favourites. (The city ones got a little boring (I'm not really a fan of all the nanobuilds), and the Friends colour scheme just makes me stabby.) I think there are plenty of things they could explore there to keep it going for a very long time. The different Christmases in the story, as they're doing, then maybe different years and classes to cycle through the characters at different ages, especially for people who've missed out on the earlier sets, while providing more props for our own MOCs of the castle. (For example, first year figs, maybe one other student from a different house for more uniforms, some teacher or possibly two, and then the things that would make for either a nicely fleshed out classroom build or enable kids to play with them on their own. By the same token, I'd enjoy more classroom / books, with a strong focus on fittings that again could be used in MOCs. 

And I'm still waiting on my thestral drawn carriage. :wink:

Wasn't quite sure what you meant by "house"? I can't see them ever giving us a Hufflepuff common room, say, but I'd enjoy it thoroughly. 

29 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

Hey, guys. Do you think there's a chance for professor Trelawney to appear in a future set? I wasn't a Harry Potter fan when the first CMF series was in stores and her minifigure is super expensive now where I live. I really like her character and I don't wanna spend roughly 22 dollars on a single minifigure.

They could do her GoF appeareance, Ginny’s wavy hair kinda fits TBH. I just don’t know where they’d put it...

7 hours ago, Seaber said:

I think the CMF has really helped this theme get a lovely balance between figures and sets.

Agreed. Four more years and two more CMF is actually a lot, I just hope they cover everything in the end. My main concern is buying *almost* every set that comes out for the sake of not missing out on them, and finding myself in a never-ending journey :laugh: And once the theme dies, think “I could’ve skipped this one and this one”.

1 hour ago, Fifulin said:

Hey, guys. Do you think there's a chance for professor Trelawney to appear in a future set? I wasn't a Harry Potter fan when the first CMF series was in stores and her minifigure is super expensive now where I live. I really like her character and I don't wanna spend roughly 22 dollars on a single minifigure.

I wouldn't count on it. I can't think of major scenes with her in later films beyond getting fired by Umbridge, and I doubt they'd make a set of it. (The last time Trelawney appeared was a generic castle set from third year (think of the scene where Hermione quits the class in PoA and Harry has the Grimm), and we're sort of past third year now in the current wave.) 

Have you tried bricklink?

1 hour ago, Fifulin said:

Hi, i dont think so. If they will make any sets from the past it will be Boat or chambers of secret. She had bigger role in third book and we have lot of sets from this. Btw da se sehnat za 200kc..:)

The Hogwarts mosaic leaked. 

Honestly not sure what to think about it. At first glance it really doesn't look like Potter and I needed the name and logo to remind me what it was. I guess I was expecting something along the lines of the traditional house logo's, not this.
Don't get me wrong, it looks great. It just doesn't really remind me of Hogwarts or Harry Potter in general :def_shrug:

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly not sure what to think about it. At first glance it really doesn't look like Potter and I needed the name and logo to remind me what it was. I guess I was expecting something along the lines of the traditional house logo's, not this.
Don't get me wrong, it looks great. It just doesn't really remind me of Hogwarts or Harry Potter in general :def_shrug:

Me too. I had to read the side to check it was the HP one. If I hadn't of known there was a HP mosaic due to be released I wouldn't have given these a second glance thinking they weren't HP. I was expecting four vibrant colourful mosaics with full house colours, but I guess they're going for the more demure look for adults. Shame as it is the vivid red and contrast in the SW mosaics that makes them look good to me. Not that I was going to buy it regardless, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. 

if the will be not possibility to have all four part in the same moment it will be very disappointing 

3 minutes ago, KA1 said:

if the will be not possibility to have all four part in the same moment it will be very disappointing 

If you want to have all 4 mosaics you'll have to buy 4 copies of the set. 

2 hours ago, KA1 said:

You can only build one motive with one set :wink: So you need 8 copies in total since the large (unpictured) Hogwarts crest takes 4 combined copies

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

You can only build one motive with one set :wink: So you need 8 copies in total since the large (unpictured) Hogwarts crest takes 4 combined copies

Sure, i counted that for one image you gonna need 2304 (48x48) Frame and background 100-150 so rest from 4249 are unique from different one.

They look good but I feel like the Gryffindor lion should’ve been gold or silver instead of black. 

6 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

They look good but I feel like the Gryffindor lion should’ve been gold or silver instead of black. 

The reason is probably saving parts... :pir-look:

I’m very interested to see the Hogwarts Crest, but the combined motives aren’t advertised too much so we probably won’t see it before the set hits s@h :sceptic: It’s pretty weird they don’t focus on them more; they’re not mentioned anywhere on the box for instance and their instructions have to be downloaded... I mean the combined Iron Man and Vader motives were undoubtedly the best ones in the first wave after all 

Guys do you think that we will get another HP set during the winter wave? Or just 4 classes and crest?

13 minutes ago, KA1 said:

Guys do you think that we will get another HP set during the winter wave? Or just 4 classes and crest?

This is it.

Not a fan of the Harry Potter lego arts. I was expecting colourful for some reason. I think the books are cool though so something new to get in January. 

10 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Not a fan of the Harry Potter lego arts. I was expecting colourful for some reason. I think the books are cool though so something new to get in January. 

I agree they ended up a little bland, I expected it to be way more colorful

Could someone please clarify - are these school crest art sets supposed to be part of the winter wave or are we already getting leaks from the summer wave? These will be the first four HP sets I skip since 2018, but I am excited for the summer 2022 leaks to start popping up! Thanks.

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Could someone please clarify - are these school crest art sets supposed to be part of the winter wave or are we already getting leaks from the summer wave? These will be the first four HP sets I skip since 2018, but I am excited for the summer 2022 leaks to start popping up! Thanks.

These are part of the winter wave for LEGO Art. They're based on Harry Potter but don't have anything to do with the HP theme itself.

21 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Wasn't quite sure what you meant by "house"?

• Shell Cottage
  • Lovegood House
  • 12 Grimmauld Place
  • Bathilda Bagshot's home
  • etc:classic:

Yeah these art sets are pretty bad - not nearly as nice as the Iron Man and Star Wars ones. The HP art is super bland in comparison to those. Good thing that means more money saved for other sets :laugh:

On 11/19/2020 at 2:19 AM, Seaber said:

I must admit I don't quite understand this argument. So far I think you could make the case that the Beauxbaton's Carriage was a little left field and the Hedwig large scale creature isn't for everyone, but that's only two £35 sets in two different waves.

Apart from the Horntail set which I think most people agree was the weakest of the line so far, I'd say all sets were really high quality and also 'key'.

If there is a new wave in 2022, I suppose the inclusion of Privet Drive in the 2020 wave could be seen as premature as the Ford Anglia was present in two sets on the shelves at once. Otherwise I think the balance has been pretty good. 

Hedwig and the BB carriage are completely separate issues. 

The carriage didn't feel like it was taking away space from anything else. I think the Shrieking shack (or anything from homemade) would've been nice to get and I'm sure everyone here has a set or two they really want to see from POA/GOF but if LEGO never released any more sets from those films I think we would have a solid assortment that accurately represents the major points of those films. While the theme of other schools coming to Hogwarts was already represented in the clock tower set (and to an extent the horntail set) the carriage isn't taking away from anything. It also helps that the only other throwaway sets that year were an advent calendar and the BYOA book so 2019 wasn't too frustrating or expensive for people trying to collect everything. 

The hedwig set was released at the same time as an expensive D2C, a minifigure wave, various minor releases (book with minifigure/polybag/accessory pack/brickheads GWP/advent calendar), and only a few months before an art set and an entire wave of buildable books (plus another GWP). It's yet another minor release in a year that didn't really need minor releases at all. One wave, a giant D2C and a minifigure wave would've been enough for 2020. 

Hedwig however is unique among all those other side releases in that it is part of the main wave. I have no issue with a buildable creature taking up a slot in the summer wave the same way I have no issue with a set from a previous film taking up a slot in the summer wave as long as the main films are well represented. I don't think the main films were well represented this year. HBP could've used an inferi cave set (or anything to represent Harry and Dumbledore's search for horrocrux) but I think what we have for that film is fine. I don't think we have a solid representation of OOTP though. Looking at US prices OOTP has $50 worth of sets, PS/COS have around $150, and POA/GOF/HBP have around $200. I'm not sure that balance could be considered "pretty good". If this is what the balance is like while the line has a 2 movies per year structure I think it will get even worse when that structure is lost. 

On 11/19/2020 at 5:37 PM, Otherworld said:

They could do her GoF appeareance, Ginny’s wavy hair kinda fits TBH. I just don’t know where they’d put it...

On 11/19/2020 at 6:18 PM, krimimimi said:

I wouldn't count on it. I can't think of major scenes with her in later films beyond getting fired by Umbridge, and I doubt they'd make a set of it. (The last time Trelawney appeared was a generic castle set from third year (think of the scene where Hermione quits the class in PoA and Harry has the Grimm), and we're sort of past third year now in the current wave.) 

Have you tried bricklink?

Thank you both for answering :) I ccompletely forgot about Bricklink, that might be the best solution.

On 11/19/2020 at 6:40 PM, KA1 said:

Hi, i dont think so. If they will make any sets from the past it will be Boat or chambers of secret. She had bigger role in third book and we have lot of sets from this. Btw da se sehnat za 200kc..:)

Thanks for answering as well.  (Nevíte, kde, prosím? Nemůžu najít)

39 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

Thank you both for answering :) I ccompletely forgot about Bricklink, that might be the best solution.

Thanks for answering as well.  (Nevíte, kde, prosím? Nemůžu najít)

Lets try facebook marketplace or bazos or sbazar. I bought lot of my sets through these websites.