Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m even more curious now about the summer wave than I was before. For one thing, I really want to know if this is the new torso design moving forward (I really hope not), and I also just really want to know what else they’ve come up with after seeing such marvelous designs in these four small book sets. I’ll definitely be getting at least two of each of these btw. I feel the need to display them both open as classrooms and closed as books

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

18 hours ago, Seaber said:

Using the new badges as Prefect badges is a great idea, if only there was a Hufflepuff one to complete the set! 

Is Cho's skin tone paler now? 

I'm not a huge fan of the badges prints as I can't remember them in the films and it's a weird thing to bring back for no reason as none of the other current jumper prints have them.

However, if they do do a Percy minifigure it'd be cool to see a Prefect badge print (like a little red shield with a silver outline and letter P or a HB for Head Boy).

Nope, I think they're sticking with Cho's darker skin. I didn't like it when the cmf Cho came out, but I think it'd be a bit weird if they changed it now there's been a fair few minifigs of her.

I like the books but as others have already said I wish that they had chosen some other secondary students to use besides yet another Cho or Cedric.  Wasn't Parvati's sister Padma a Ravenclaw?  I like the new Seamus.

Brickset has listed 15 sets for next year if that has not been mentioned previously :classic:
40500 I assume the rumoured art set?
76382-76385 is the classroom sets.
76386- 76395 is the normal summer wave I guess.

How do these fit in with the ones you leaked @Guyon2002 (easier to ask you than look your post somewhere in 726 pages :wink:)?

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Brickset has listed 15 sets for next year if that has not been mentioned previously :classic:

How do these fit in with the ones you leaked @Guyon2002 (easier to ask you than look your post somewhere in 726 pages :wink:)?

Nah, the Art set is 31201 :classic: 40500 is either an accessory pack or a Brickheadz set. 76386 to 76395 are ten sets, exactly what @Guyon2002’s source said. Keep in mind that we don’t know what information Brickset base their entries on, maybe they also use Guyon2002’s list :shrug_oh_well: 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

What @Lego-Freak said is mostly correct, 76386 to 76395 are all normal sets and the Hogwarts crest mosaic isn't part of the HP theme but LEGO Art so it's not listed under HP. One small correction I have to make is that 40500 is an accessory pack, not an accessory pack or a Brickheadz. Setnumbers 40495 and 40496 however are potential Brickheadz sets but they could also be GWPs, we're not entirely sure :shrug_oh_well: Hope this clears it up. 

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Keep in mind that we don’t know what information Brickset base their entries on, maybe they also use Guyon2002’s list :shrug_oh_well: 

While other fan-sites use sources they deem more or less trustworthy depending on the site, I have never seen Brickset do that. They normally do not make a news article of it either until they have official news and pictures to show. They just put in the set-numbers and theme until some day they got more info to add. So my guess is that they either get some info from Lego regarding the set numbers or the very least info downloaded from Lego or some other official source like a catalogue..
In any case sounds like @Guyon2002 source was right then :sweet:

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

While other fan-sites use sources they deem more or less trustworthy depending on the site, I have never seen Brickset do that. They normally do not make a news article of it either until they have official news and pictures to show. They just put in the set-numbers and theme until some day they got more info to add. So my guess is that they either get some info from Lego regarding the set numbers or the very least info downloaded from Lego or some other official source like a catalogue..
In any case sounds like @Guyon2002 source was right then :sweet:

Or maybe I'm just really convincing and everyone is falling for my super evil masterplan [insert evil laugh here:devil: Just kidding ofc, I've seen proof that the info is real :tongue:

I'm excited for the sets but I still feel disappointed about the minifigure selection and agree with people who wanted some new characters instead of rehashes. Also if Lego didn't insist on using the wrong skin tone for Cho, all of the characters included would have light nougat heads. Meanwhile the Slytherin book could have had Blaise Zabini, and we still haven't gotten Lee Jordan or Angelina Johnson (or the Patil twins outside of the Yule ball). I hope the rest of the 2021 sets gives us some new characters

10 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

I hope the rest of the 2021 sets gives us some new characters

There's definetely room for some new characters. I'm personally expecting at least Aberforth, Bill and Narcissa to show up. Hopefully some other Death Eaters like Yaxley and Dolohov as well and Scabior is also pretty high on the list for me :grin:

7 hours ago, GalacticHippo said:

I'm excited for the sets but I still feel disappointed about the minifigure selection and agree with people who wanted some new characters instead of rehashes. Also if Lego didn't insist on using the wrong skin tone for Cho, all of the characters included would have light nougat heads. Meanwhile the Slytherin book could have had Blaise Zabini, and we still haven't gotten Lee Jordan or Angelina Johnson (or the Patil twins outside of the Yule ball). I hope the rest of the 2021 sets gives us some new characters

I think the reason they chose the characters they did is because they wanted these sets to be based on the first two films since most of the sets based on those films were meant to be out of production by now. The options for recognizable non-Griffindor characters from those films are incredibly limited leading to the odd characters that were included.

2 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The options for recognizable non-Griffindor characters from those films are incredibly limited leading to the odd characters that were included.

There are two very recognisable characters from the first two films that we still haven't gotten yet - Crabbe and Goyle!

Really I think Neville should've been replaced by Ron. Yes Neville faints in the Herbology classroom but Ron being squeamish and freaked out is a bigger part of the scene IMO. Then Ron's current spot could've been switched out for Crabbe or Goyle.

The other placement is trickier because I get that they wanted to have a student from each house in their respective books. However given that they didn't even do a Hufflepuff torso, personally I would swap out Cedric for the other Crabbe/Goyle.

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I think the reason they chose the characters they did is because they wanted these sets to be based on the first two films since most of the sets based on those films were meant to be out of production by now. The options for recognizable non-Griffindor characters from those films are incredibly limited leading to the odd characters that were included.

It's still weird. Cho doesn't appear at all until PoA and even then she has a very small part in the book. No lines in HBP or DH1, not such a big role in DH2, and yet so many minifigs of her. (They did make her Harry's year in the films, though, and conflate her and Marietta's storylines.) And Cedric doesn't appear until GoF, when he promptly dies. I mean, we definitely had Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs before those films.

Personally I'd have liked a Justin Finch-Fletchely with a coma / petrified side, and then he could also argue with Harry in CoS about setting the snake on him. And either Crabbe or Goyle from Slytherin for the polyjuice scene. 

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There's definetely room for some new characters. I'm personally expecting at least Aberforth, Bill and Narcissa to show up. Hopefully some other Death Eaters like Yaxley and Dolohov as well and Scabior is also pretty high on the list for me :grin:

I will make sure to not get too pumped up about new inclusions, I always expect them to be given a special treatment and they end up having inaccurate hairpieces and reused faces :laugh: 

Also, I lowkey wish this theme doesn’t go on for way too long ? Or I could just skip several sets.

Just now, Otherworld said:

Also, I lowkey wish this theme doesn’t go on for way too long ? Or I could just skip several sets.

I'm in the same boat tbh. I love this theme but I'd prefer it to just run it's course and then end, no endless stream of remakes like Star Wars.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm in the same boat tbh. I love this theme but I'd prefer it to just run it's course and then end, no endless stream of remakes like Star Wars.

Exactly! Phew, I feel more relieved of spilling that out. LOTR was the last theme I collected before the dark ages took over, and HP got me out of it.

Still, there’s something not magical about a theme lasting too long and getting too many remakes. I would rather see fewer sets with worthy minifigures than bla bla bla disloyalty... quality over quantity basically. 

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

There are two very recognisable characters from the first two films that we still haven't gotten yet - Crabbe and Goyle!

Really I think Neville should've been replaced by Ron. Yes Neville faints in the Herbology classroom but Ron being squeamish and freaked out is a bigger part of the scene IMO. Then Ron's current spot could've been switched out for Crabbe or Goyle.

The other placement is trickier because I get that they wanted to have a student from each house in their respective books. However given that they didn't even do a Hufflepuff torso, personally I would swap out Cedric for the other Crabbe/Goyle.

Unless the set is based on DH Crabbe/Goyle need to come as a pair. There is no real issue with Malfoy being in the potions set. Malloy is a necessary inclusion in the potions set because the only mass release sets containing Malfoy are quite expensive. I also the Hufflepuff book needs to include a hufflepuff student even if they are wearing a robe instead of a redesigned torso print.

These book sets are aimed at children even more than the standard sets. The characters were chosen to please kids and the updated teachers and new torsos were included to please collectors. The proper Hogwarts expansion sets are really the only place I could see us ever getting obscure characters which is why I find the party themed minifigures in those sets so frustrating. Even then some of the characters we are getting with these books are more obscure (Cho, Cedric, and Seamus weren't in the first decade of this theme). I wouldn't have been surprised if LEGO included one of the trio or even Harry in every single set.

3 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I think HP could have worked well as a 5 year theme with each year covering 2 films and a final year to wrap everything up but I doubt that will happen. The focus is already being lost with Advent calendars, book exclusive builds, buildable large scale creatures, accessory packs, book exclusive figures, and buildable books/classrooms. It's frustrating for collectors and makes collecting the theme and trying to get everything far less appealing.

My main issue with it though is that it seems to be affecting the sets themselves. 2018 gave us the basics of any HP line of LEGO with a focus on years 1/2, 2019 gave us everything we would need from years 3/4 except a Sheieking Shack (and maybe a second task set or Durmstrang ship), 2020 gave us solid representation of year 6, expanded year two, an owl, and also a bit of year 5. I wouldn't call 2020 the worst year for the LEGO HP reboot but it certainly has the worst main wave. It feels like key sets are being held back for the sake of saving them for later and spreading out the interesting sets. 

13 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I think the reason they chose the characters they did is because they wanted these sets to be based on the first two films since most of the sets based on those films were meant to be out of production by now.

Personally I think it is because thay want to save new characters for future sets. Yes they can give us new variants of old characters, but new ones they will save for when it really counts. Just look at how many variants we have gotten for Cho and Cedric, they are mostly in one film each. While Ginny they saved for a long time even if she is in every film, however now that we got her they start giving us a lot of variations..

7 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

It feels like key sets are being held back for the sake of saving them for later and spreading out the interesting sets. 

Exactly :wink:

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

10 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Still, there’s something not magical about a theme lasting too long and getting too many remakes. I would rather see fewer sets with worthy minifigures than bla bla bla disloyalty... quality over quantity basically. 

As long as it sells they will keep it going :tongue: However unlike SW (at least so far) they are instead of remakes making sets that are different. If that is because almost no sets are retired yet remains to be seen :wink: With at least 16 sets next year I guess around half must be something else beside the normal sets so they do not use up too many spots. 

8 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

My main issue with it though is that it seems to be affecting the sets themselves. 2018 gave us the basics of any HP line of LEGO with a focus on years 1/2, 2019 gave us everything we would need from years 3/4 except a Sheieking Shack (and maybe a second task set or Durmstrang ship), 2020 gave us solid representation of year 6, expanded year two, an owl, and also a bit of year 5. I wouldn't call 2020 the worst year for the LEGO HP reboot but it certainly has the worst main wave. It feels like key sets are being held back for the sake of saving them for later and spreading out the interesting sets. 

23 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Exactly :wink:

I must admit I don't quite understand this argument. So far I think you could make the case that the Beauxbaton's Carriage was a little left field and the Hedwig large scale creature isn't for everyone, but that's only two £35 sets in two different waves.

Apart from the Horntail set which I think most people agree was the weakest of the line so far, I'd say all sets were really high quality and also 'key'.

If there is a new wave in 2022, I suppose the inclusion of Privet Drive in the 2020 wave could be seen as premature as the Ford Anglia was present in two sets on the shelves at once. Otherwise I think the balance has been pretty good. 

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The good thing about Star Wars now is the sets since about 2012 have been pretty good, and the remakes haven't been drastic improvements so I feel content skipping, and maybe just buying the odd torso or face from sets I've skipped. 

12 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I think the CMF has really helped this theme get a lovely balance between figures and sets. So far there have been only been 17 main sets. The two 'UCS' sets, one large creature set, two advent calenders, one student pack and a few GWP/Polybags have bolstered the line for those that want extra. 

Apart from Neville in CMF Series 2, all the figures have been great (his MBOM is brilliant, but the figure is so similar to (Harry/Hermione in Series 1). Right now my guess is another four years and two CMF Series would be the limit before any major repetitions occur in the Happy Potter line, but that's just a guess and without seeing the 2021 wave. 

Hi, 

There is one thing what we probably miss and its minifigure of Tom Riddle. Lego never use unique figure for the book at the past so i think that this year we can expect Borgin and Burkes or part of the Hogwarts with chamber of secret. 

27 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I must admit I don't quite understand this argument. So far I think you could make the case that the Beauxbaton's Carriage was a little left field and the Hedwig large scale creature isn't for everyone, but that's only two £35 sets in two different waves.

Apart from the Horntail set which I think most people agree was the weakest of the line so far, I'd say all sets were really high quality and also 'key'.

If there is a new wave in 2022, I suppose the inclusion of Privet Drive in the 2020 wave could be seen as premature as the Ford Anglia was present in two sets on the shelves at once. Otherwise I think the balance has been pretty good. 

Sorry if I did not make myself clear :blush:
I think the theme is fantastic and they are doing most thing right in my opinion :thumbup:
However since it is such a big success they want to make it a evergreen theme. In order to do that they must save minifigs and locations for future years and not give us everything at once.
Beauxbaton's Carriage was on target, these are on the side:

• brickheadz (no minifigs, no locations)
  • advent calendars (minifigs, but mostly variants of ones we have gotten already, no locations, but small builds that fit in with earlier sets)
  • Classroom sets (minifigs, but only variants of ones we have gotten already, locations, but only variants of ones we have gotten already)
  • D2C Hogwarts (unique minifigs, but only ones that would never come in normal sets, location, but only reuse one we have got in a different scale?
  • GWP DA (minifig, but only a variant, location in a different scale)
  • Hedwig and monsters book of monsters (minifig, but only a variant, no location, but a animal or thing in a different scale than normal)
  • Hogwarts Students Acc. Set (minifigs, but mostly variants, no location, but small builds that fit in with earlier sets)
  • Polybags (minifig, but only variants, no location, but small builds that fit in with earlier sets)
  • CMF (minifigs, but a lot of variants, figs we most likely will get in future sets or unique figs that would never come in normal sets, no locations)

They can give us for several years:

• a part of Hogwarts
  • a small build with 2-4 minifigs
  • a house
  • a part of DA
  • a vehicle
  • something they skipped in a previous year

Other than that they must find other ways to expand the line without using up unique minifigs and locations :classic:

2 hours ago, KA1 said:

Hi, 

There is one thing what we probably miss and its minifigure of Tom Riddle. Lego never use unique figure for the book at the past so i think that this year we can expect Borgin and Burkes or part of the Hogwarts with chamber of secret. 

There have actually been several figures that remained exclusive to books, mainly in the Star Wars theme, so it wouldn’t be completely unprecedented that Riddle just stays exclusive to the Magical treasury book

Hey, guys. Do you think there's a chance for professor Trelawney to appear in a future set? I wasn't a Harry Potter fan when the first CMF series was in stores and her minifigure is super expensive now where I live. I really like her character and I don't wanna spend roughly 22 dollars on a single minifigure.