Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

16 hours ago, Northoftheborder said:

This year it will be the skating rink in Dec in place of last years gingerbread apparently... so i’m not sure where the MBoM will fit in...??

Wouldn't be surprised if it starts Cyber Monday or maybe the first weekend of December, for HP purchases only. Then the skating rink would be maybe starting on 12/9 or 12/10?

Oh, I like those a lot more than I was expecting. Love the colours, and patterns. The herbology classroom in particular is amazing. And looks like fairly good value for the money. 

Edit: Pictures up on the site now, too. Maybe slightly less value for money in Sweden, to be honest. This theme is killing me... 

Edited by FrkW
ETA

They look really nice and I love how you can just connect three of side by side like that. As much as I love them, I’m probably not going to pick them up, due to my current spacing constraints.

They've changed the student uniforms again. They look very similar to the ones we've gotten in 2001 and 2010. I like them and at the moment it makes the students that have those torsos exclusive to those sets, though I imagine they'll be in the other sets from next year, as well.

I don’t like that they went back to the old style of uniforms...what’s that about. But other than that, I love these so much. Snape has updated printing too which is nice. But seriously, what’s with the inaccurate House sweaters?

These look great!

And fron what Ive seen these will be a huge hit

Is that year 3 Cedric?!

Again, another figure not based on the movies but the books!

(Man they really love Cedric)

Oh I really like these sets. Snape has a new torso print, still purple sadly. Seamus is definitely the best thing in that set. Kinda set I see no blackboard in the greenhouse, I hope it's still there. I don't mind the new Sweaters. It gives us some variety between the students. But now we're missing Hufflepuff again xD. Still I will definitely get all of them.

On 11/15/2020 at 3:47 AM, Northoftheborder said:

This year it will be the skating rink in Dec in place of last years gingerbread apparently... so i’m not sure where the MBoM will fit in...??

I wouldn't be surprised if it ties in with the release of the other book sets with the threshold to get the GWP being the cost of all four books put together.

As for the books, they look gorgeous and I have to say the packaging itself is beautiful. The titles also get me: Hogwarts Moments. :laugh:

Cho, Seamus, and Sprout all got new faceprints, but poor Cedric and Snape didn’t :shrug_oh_well: The books themselves look a lot better than expected, kudos to the designer(s)!

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t like that they went back to the old style of uniforms...what’s that about. But other than that, I love these so much. Snape has updated printing too which is nice. But seriously, what’s with the inaccurate House sweaters?

The old style uniforms are a little strange. I'm not too bothered, they're kind of like TLG's interpretation of the uniform, and I kind of like them. Snape's new printing is nice, too.

Just now, Henry Bricklider said:

The old style uniforms are a little strange. I'm not too bothered, they're kind of like TLG's interpretation of the uniform, and I kind of like them. Snape's new printing is nice, too.

Maybe the uniforms are an intentional throwback? It’s the 20th anniversary after all :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Overall I really like these books, some great new figures and fantastic new stickers! The big negative here are the student torso's, why do they suddenly have small crests? It's not only inaccurate to the movies but also inconsistent with everything we've gotten so far! Really not a fan of this decision :sceptic: Some general thoughts on each book:

Transfiguration - McGonagall is fantastic and there are a couple of fantastic stickers included! Definetely picking this one up!

Potions - I appreciate the new Snape but it's not all that exciting, Seamus' new faceprint is great! This set also has a lot of very cool stickers, another one I will definetely pick up!

Charms - This book is definetely my favorite. Flitwick is great and it's nice to get another Ravenclaw torso (albeit with the new inaccurate print). The interior itself also feels more complete than the rest of the books and there are a lot of lovely stickers in there. A must buy for sure! 

Herbology - I quite like the look of the interior, it's not particularly amazing but it does it's job. The figures however are really disappoiting. Sprout honestly looks like crap and Cedric and Neville look like they have just escaped St Mungo's psych ward for some reason *huh* Maybe I'll get it on a discount but atm I'm not that interested in this one. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe the uniforms are an intentional throwback? It’s the 20th anniversary after all :sweet:

Ooh, I hadn't really thought of that. That'd be cool if that's the case.

I honestly don't mind the new torsos. It gives us something different, but if you really hate them, you still have the option to replace them for cheap with the student pack torsos or any extra torsos you may have from other sets.

Aside from that, I agree that Sprout looks awful, but the rest of the figures look great! Even though Snape is wearing the same outfit, it's nice to see some variation on that. TLG could've easily recycled the same figure for the fourth (?) time, but they didn't. Seamus is awesome, and Flitwick has really grown on me from the leaks. Probably won't pick up all of these for retail, but I plan to collect them all slowly over time.

As someone who doesn't collect the big Hogwarts sets, I'm definitely getting all of these book sets. I think it makes for an adorable little Hogwarts display. Love the variety of figures too. I am just completely blown away by these

51 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

In case someone hadn't noticed it yet there are 3 new 1x2 printed tiles in the sets as well: 

Yeah I noticed that too, but I hadn't seen the clearer pictures yet. I'm so happy we finally get something other than the wingardium leviosa book.

Well... I think the books look pretty nice; but the price is definitely on the expensive side...

Anyone have any thoughts how these could be modded to attach to the ongoing modular Hogwarts line? I wonder if the rooms can stand up on their own without being attached to their books (though the books do work well as walls, at least from one side)