Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

This means the Depp Grindewald minifigure will be the only one ever based on his appearance

The price will go up for sure

There are two though :wink:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This means the Depp Grindewald minifigure will be the only one ever based on his appearance

The price will go up for sure

Actually two.

I'm pretty sure all minifigures that ever appeared in activity books from Ameet come from existing sets. Which gotta mean that Quidditch Cedric Diggory is coming to a set next year. I'm betting my galleons on a quidditch accessory pack similar to the student pack featuring one person from each house in their quidditch outfit with Cedric being the one for Hufflepuff. Would be nice to get either Ginny or Ron or Angela Johnson or Katie Bell for Gryffindor. Probably another Cho Chang for Ravenclaw. As for Slytherin, I don't know.

Edited by Salix

16 minutes ago, Salix said:

I'm pretty sure all minifigures that ever appeared in activity books from Ameet come from existing sets. Which gotta mean that Quidditch Cedric Diggory is coming to a set next year. I'm betting my galleons on a quidditch accessory pack similar to the student pack featuring one person from each house in their quidditch outfit with Cedric being the one for Hufflepuff. Would be nice to get either Ginny or Ron or Angela Johnson or Katie Bell for Gryffindor. Probably another Cho Chang for Ravenclaw. As for Slytherin, I don't know.

Not necessarily, they do only use pre-existing pieces but they don't necessarily have to come directly from a set. One of the new City books has the hardhat variant of Freya Mccloud, which previously only appeared in 60271 Main Square. The head used on the book figure is from a different variant of Freya, namely the one from 60231 Fire Chief Response Truck. They wouldn't just reuse the figure from DA as that's just a dummy so they had to give the figure a face, Cedric is the only member of the Hufflepuff Quidditch theme movie-only fans would recognize and his parts already exist :shrug_oh_well: That's not to say that this figure definetely won't appear in a future set but I don't think this book gives us an indication of wether or not that'll happen. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not necessarily, they do only use pre-existing pieces but they don't necessarily have to come directly from a set. One of the new City books has the hardhat variant of Freya Mccloud, which previously only appeared in 60271 Main Square. The head used on the book figure is from a different variant of Freya, namely the one from 60231 Fire Chief Response Truck. They wouldn't just reuse the figure from DA as that's just a dummy so they had to give the figure a face, Cedric is the only member of the Hufflepuff Quidditch theme movie-only fans would recognize and his parts already exist :shrug_oh_well: That's not to say that this figure definetely won't appear in a future set but I don't think this book gives us an indication of wether or not that'll happen. 

True true. That makes sense. I just really want to complete the set of house quidditch teams. :P

3 hours ago, HarryVader said:

A new Grindelwald hair piece is a must 

I also hope for different hair... in the movie, that is :tongue: I could never stand Depp!Grindelwald’s silly hairstyle, it makes him look so much less intimidating to me. Sorry, I just couldn’t take him seriously. I was really happy to see him sporting a different ‘do during the escape scene, only for him to revert back to looking like a cockatoo :head_back:

I sincerely hope the new version (fingers crossed for Mikkelsen :excited:) looks better than that. They can keep the costume and  the heterochromia though

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I also hope for different hair... in the movie, that is :tongue: I could never stand Depp!Grindelwald’s silly hairstyle, it makes him look so much less intimidating to me. Sorry, I just couldn’t take him seriously. I was really happy to see him sporting a different ‘do during the escape scene, only for him to revert back to looking like a cockatoo :head_back:

I sincerely hope the new version (fingers crossed for Mikkelsen :excited:) looks better than that. They can keep the costume and  the heterochromia though

Gonna have to agree on that. The white, spiky hair never really worked for me either

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I agree, I thought his hair was too over the top, but I understand they wanted to make him look striking. The hetrochromia I wasn't a big fan of as they didn't do that for either of the actors of Grindelwald in Deathly Hallows.

While I didn't think Depp was quite right for the role, and the second film wasn't that great, but I'm definitely not happy how WB are treating Depp.

I kind of don't mind if we do or don't get anymore Lego sets based off Fantastic Beasts, the few we did get were pretty good, idk if the rest of the series will be popular enough/actually finish to get any more sets.

How come we don’t get the updated version of Fluffy the Cerberus since 2001? I’m hoping we would get the updated version next year! 

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

How come we don’t get the updated version of Fluffy the Cerberus since 2001? I’m hoping we would get the updated version next year! 

The Third Floor Corridor is one of the most requested sets here I think, along with Chamber of Secrets. Hopefully they’re saving them!

On 11/11/2020 at 1:35 PM, Lego-Freak said:

They can keep the costume and  the heterochromia though

I think the heterochromia will have some relevance to the plot, considering he has it "fixed" by the time we see him in Deathly Hallows

About the new actor, I like that he does look like a younger version of the old Grindelwald we already knew, which should had been the case from the beginning

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Geez, fingers crossed the treshold for the MBoM won't be as ridiculously high as the one for the Dickens promo :wall:

Do we have any more info on when this promo will go live?? or details about it?

How sure are we that MBOM will be a GWP, considering it is apparently already available at some Legoland Discovery Centers? Have there been sets that are both GWP and a Legoland exclusive before? This seems like a pretty unusual situation based on recent history.

The Creator 3in1 cat polybag was available at my local Legoland Discovery Center a few months before it become a GWP. Also, the Christmas Carol 40410 Charles Dickens Tribute has been confirmed to be available as a GWP for VIP members on Nov 21/22, but it's also for sale in Legoland Discovery Centers. No idea if that means that the MBoM will be a GWP, but there is precedent that would allow it to happen.

6 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

The Creator 3in1 cat polybag was available at my local Legoland Discovery Center a few months before it become a GWP. Also, the Christmas Carol 40410 Charles Dickens Tribute has been confirmed to be available as a GWP for VIP members on Nov 21/22, but it's also for sale in Legoland Discovery Centers. No idea if that means that the MBoM will be a GWP, but there is precedent that would allow it to happen.

Thanks, that actually makes me feel much better about the situation!

What is MBoM? I don’t think it’s standing for Ministry of Magic since there is “B”... Sorry it’s a dumb question I am asking!

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What is MBoM? I don’t think it’s standing for Ministry of Magic since there is “B”... Sorry it’s a dumb question I am asking!

Monster Book of Monsters

Finally getting around to building Diagon Alley, despite having it since release.

I'm missing one 4070 in New Dark Red in bag eight. I've ordered a replacement but I'm aware there should be 4 more later on in the set. Might be a long shot but does anyone know which bag those might be in?

On 11/13/2020 at 4:32 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Geez, fingers crossed the treshold for the MBoM won't be as ridiculously high as the one for the Dickens promo :wall:

No kidding...I was shocked to see $150(USD) for that. Guess I won’t be getting that one. Same with the buildable 2x4. I don’t remember that being that high for the red one. 

Christmas Tree GWP last year was a $120 minimum, Gingerbread House GWP was a $99 minimum and the VIP Red Brick was a $200 minimum.

7 minutes ago, karrit said:

Christmas Tree GWP last year was a $120 minimum, Gingerbread House GWP was a $99 minimum and the VIP Red Brick was a $200 minimum.

This year it will be the skating rink in Dec in place of last years gingerbread apparently... so i’m not sure where the MBoM will fit in...??

Edited by Northoftheborder