Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 11/5/2020 at 6:34 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I know I’m in the minority, but I just don’t really have any interest in Ninjago. I’ve never gotten a single set from that theme. Granted I think the parts usage and minifigs as well as the overall designs are very cool and if I got a few I would probably be hooked, which is why I probably shouldn’t try. I’m pretty much just into the licensed stuff. Although if Lord Of The Rings is ever brought back, I might even give up Harry Potter

I only buy Harry Potter as a measure for not spending too much money, and/or running out of space (plus, I inconveniently prefer more sober spaces ?) But there are sets outside of HP I plan to get someday when I’m rich probably, like ninjago city, ninjago city docks, arkham asylum from TLBM, and probably the newer chinese new year sets.

I’m honestly afraid of what the upcoming ninjago gardens set will look like, I hope it’s ugly ?

Another name I’ve seen thrown around is Mads Mikkelsen. That‘d be my top pick as well :laugh: Also, I‘m still salty about having been denied a Mikkelsen minifig twice (Kaecilius & Galen Erso), so in the off-chance my dreams pan out, maybe the third time‘s the charm? :laugh:

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Another name I’ve seen thrown around is Mads Mikkelsen. That‘d be my top pick as well :laugh: Also, I‘m still salty about having been denied a Mikkelsen minifig twice (Kaecilius & Galen Erso), so in the off-chance my dreams pan out, maybe the third time‘s the charm? :laugh:

It’s even more ironic considering that Mads Mikkelsen is Danish... I would love to get a minifig of him if he’s the new Grindelwald

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

But they are probably going with Grindelwald "dying" while performing a very dark spell and transfering his soul to a different vessel/body 

It is possible that they do as they did with Dumbledore, just give the part to a new actor and carry on.
I prefer that approach to the one in e.g. matrix where they tell a story that do not make any sense to try and explain the change of appearance :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

It is possible that they do as they did with Dumbledore, just give the part to a new actor and carry on.
I prefer that approach to the one in e.g. matrix where they tell a story that do not make any sense to try and explain the change of appearance :shrug_oh_well:

The problem is that he already transformed once in the first movie. He went from Collin Farrell to Johnny Depp

When transformations like that are on the equation, you can't just replace him with another actor, because it might seem like is part of the plot

--------

LEGO-wise, this whole thing had the 3d movie pushed back to summer 2022. I assume LEGO will want to keep the HP line while the FB franchise is still going. So, there will be sets up to summer 2022 (at least)

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole Grindelwald debacle cuts short the FB franchise. A trilogy sounds about right for FB. 

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

The problem is that he already transformed once in the first movie. He went from Collin Farrell to Johnny Depp

When transformations like that are on the equation, you can't just replace him with another actor, because it might seem like is part of the plot

Well most fans would know that he is replaced by the time the next movie comes out. All casual viewers probably would not notice if he has the same look with the crazy eye etc, everybody is calling him by his name and the last movie was 4 years ago if they have seen that, so I think they could pull it off :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

LEGO-wise, this whole thing had the 3d movie pushed back to summer 2022. I assume LEGO will want to keep the HP line while the FB franchise is still going. So, there will be sets up to summer 2022 (at least)

As long as the HP sets are selling like hot cakes, I think they will keep it going regardless of the progress of the FB movies :wink: Personally I would like to see more FB sets especially the figs would be great for DA and a decent chance they would include more animal moulds, however I think we only get those the same year as FB films comes out :sceptic:

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

As long as the HP sets are selling like hot cakes, I think they will keep it going regardless of the progress of the FB movies :wink:

The problem here is that it seems TLG is already circling back to the first movie with those books sets. Maybe they consider movies 7 and 8 too dark? 

If so, they'll run out of material for sets sooner than expected.

Unless they go full Star Wars and start recycling sets every 2-3 years

Edited by Robert8

41 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The problem here is that it seems TLG is already circling back to the first movie with those books sets. Maybe they consider movies 7 and 8 too dark? 

Three points here:

1. None of the waves so far were restricted to two films only, so going back to PS doesn’t have any bearing on the existence of DH sets
  2. The classroom sets are their own separate wave independent from the “proper” main wave next year
  3. They’ve released DH sets in 2011. Plus they’ve arguably covered darker stuff before :wink:

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

While it still wouldn't be ideal for me I'd be ok with Mikkelsen playing the role :tongue:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Personally I would like to see more FB sets especially the figs would be great for DA and a decent chance they would include more animal moulds, however I think we only get those the same year as FB films comes out :sceptic:

Same here, there are still so many cool and unique beasts they could do :excited:

I'm actually sorta happy that Depp won't continue as Grindelwald because for me he's one of those actors who always look like themselves, whatever role they play and whatever the make-up/costume department did, because they can't let go of their personal mannerisms. Like someone else said earlier, I couldn't ever connect him with Grindelwald from the Harry Potter movies.  It's a shame Jamie Campbell Bower is still so young.

5 hours ago, Mariella said:

I'm actually sorta happy that Depp won't continue as Grindelwald because for me he's one of those actors who always look like themselves, whatever role they play and whatever the make-up/costume department did, because they can't let go of their personal mannerisms. Like someone else said earlier, I couldn't ever connect him with Grindelwald from the Harry Potter movies.  It's a shame Jamie Campbell Bower is still so young.

That's because they are themselves. It's hard to not see mannerisms of Thor in any other Chris Hemsworth character, or Ironman in any other RDJ role, or Russel Crowe in any other role since Gladiator. He's a considerably better actor than Jude Law's wooden acting, if you can even call it that. Depp plays roles extremely well. His problem is he played Jack Sparrow far too well and people pick up on every part of his acting that carries over from that. People have different acting styles, it is extremely rare for someone to be soooo successful at one specific acting role and not see some of those mannerisms in other roles. Depp was good at Grindelwald, he fitted the character nicely. But it'll be interesting to see how well the next person plays the role, and if they make it their own or if it strays too far from what we expect it to be played like, or if they stray too far and it ends up being better than expected. Will just have to wait and see.

I haven't seen the FB movies yet (one day I will) but I really appreciate the FB lego sets. I hope lego planing to do some more FB sets next year because they're very useful for the HP universum to, especially If they make more beasts.

I don't think it would be more then 2 FB sets If they release any. HP seems to be much more succesful.

I'd read that the monster book have been avaible in US in some places, I really want that the set comes to Europe soon! 

13 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

I'd read that the monster book have been avaible in US in some places, I really want that the set comes to Europe soon! 

How is this set being distributed in the US?

19 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

New activity book just leaked with exclusive Cedric Diggory minifig in Hufflepuff Quidditch robes with cape.

And Lucius Malfoy! There goes half the value of the Diagon Alley's figures. Lol.

Apparently Lucius is in two books? What the Heck? 

Edited by chris6507

3 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

And Lucius Malfoy! There goes half the value of the Diagon Alley's figures. Lol.

Lmao! 

Lucius: Am I a joke to you?

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

New activity book just leaked with exclusive Cedric Diggory minifig in Hufflepuff Quidditch robes with cape.

Where are these leaks?

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

That wasn't in the movies!

He was never shown like that in the movies. That figure is based on the books *oh2*

If I recall correctly, that has to be from Prisoner of Azkaban. But the minifigure doesn't have the goggles- So it's from a different match not shown in the movies

Day 2 of Harry Potter Challenge | Harry Potter AminoCedric Diggory | Potterpedia, the Harry Potter Wiki | Fandom

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, karrit said:

Where are these leaks?

There’s 4 activity books. 2 with Lucius, 1 with Cedric and then a bunch of minifigure accessories. I posted on my insta - toronto.legolover 

32 minutes ago, torontolegolover said:

There’s 4 activity books. 2 with Lucius, 1 with Cedric and then a bunch of minifigure accessories. I posted on my insta - toronto.legolover 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That wasn't in the movies!

He was never shown like that in the movies. That figure is based on the books *oh2*

If I recall correctly, that has to be from Prisoner of Azkaban. But the minifigure doesn't have the goggles- So it's from a different match not shown in the movies

Day 2 of Harry Potter Challenge | Harry Potter AminoCedric Diggory | Potterpedia, the Harry Potter Wiki | Fandom

Hmm that's interesting. I found the name of this original Cedric actor (Joe Livermore) but it's really tricky to find pictures of his, as it comes up with pics of Robert Patterson. 

I'm just happy to see more Quidditch uniforms, especially as the Diagon Alley set is so expensive.

I know in the films we never see Ravenclaw in a Quidditch match, but it'd be cool to get Cho Chang in her Quiditch outfit, as she was the Ravenclaw seeker. Maybe they could do a Quidditch student pack.

Other characters who I can think of from the films who would be cool to get (either in or out of Quidditch outfits):

Angelina Johnson: Only appears briefly in GoF when Fred asks her to the ball, but a recurring character in the books.

Katie Bell: Don't remember seeing her in any Quidditch scenes, but she does appear when she gets curse in HBP.

Cormac McClaggen: Although in the films he doesn't get to be on the Quidditch team, only tries out the once, it'd be cool to get him as a minifigure.

Also might be nice to get Ginny and Ron in their Quidditch robes too. Wish the film gave more spotlight to Ginny's tomboy personality (we only see her on a broomstick for a split second in the Quidditch tryouts scene in HBP).

So are we to expect these figures will appear in some of the new sets being released in 2021?  These activity books usually use already released figures. 

1 hour ago, torontolegolover said:

I guess Lucius only comes in one of the books since these are not final :shrug_oh_well:

33 minutes ago, karrit said:

So are we to expect these figures will appear in some of the new sets being released in 2021?  These activity books usually use already released figures. 

I hope so, or I have to start buying books and that is a expensive way to just get one fig out of the deal.. Happy to see that they come with a different owl than Hedwig (hopefully we will get some flying owls in other colours next year also ) *huh*

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Hmm that's interesting. I found the name of this original Cedric actor (Joe Livermore) but it's really tricky to find pictures of his, as it comes up with pics of Robert Patterson. 

I'm just happy to see more Quidditch uniforms, especially as the Diagon Alley set is so expensive.

I know in the films we never see Ravenclaw in a Quidditch match, but it'd be cool to get Cho Chang in her Quiditch outfit, as she was the Ravenclaw seeker. Maybe they could do a Quidditch student pack.

Other characters who I can think of from the films who would be cool to get (either in or out of Quidditch outfits):

Angelina Johnson: Only appears briefly in GoF when Fred asks her to the ball, but a recurring character in the books.

Katie Bell: Don't remember seeing her in any Quidditch scenes, but she does appear when she gets curse in HBP.

Cormac McClaggen: Although in the films he doesn't get to be on the Quidditch team, only tries out the once, it'd be cool to get him as a minifigure.

Also might be nice to get Ginny and Ron in their Quidditch robes too. Wish the film gave more spotlight to Ginny's tomboy personality (we only see her on a broomstick for a split second in the Quidditch tryouts scene in HBP).

It would be nice to get female Durmstrang students and male Beauxbatons students

The idea of making both schools 1 gender-only in the movie was kind of stupid