Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Anyone think there's a chance Flitwick could come with an olive green coat-tails cloth piece? Similar to Red Son in Monkie Kid, or the one in his CMF? Would help with the abrupt ending of his robe print on the torso.

10 hours ago, chris6507 said:

You guys are all very nice about this fig. Lol. Looks nothing like Flitwick to me. Looks more like he wandered off the Hobbit set. :laugh:

Well the actual Flitwick from movies 1 and 2 does look like he is from the Middle Earth

But yeah, that beard doesn't really work, but that's the best they can do without a new mold

I guess this would be one of those minifigures that will be updated in an upcoming set or CMF, like McGonagall 2018 vs 2020

Finally found the flitwick figure. If I wasn't told it was flitwick I wouldn't have noticed it. It really could just be a generic LEGO hobbit minifigure.

Maybe it's because he isn't wearing his dark green robe which appears in every pic I've seen of PH/COS Flitwick? The minifigure is just wearing the  gold striped waistcoat and light green coat. No robe unfortunately which I think is key his appearance. The grey legs are also throwing me off but I'm not sure those will be on the actual figure since at the bottom of the torso you can see a bit of dark brown under the waistcoat. 

It's fine I guess but I don't get the hype. 

So I’m deciding on selling my built Diagon Alley for $325. I’m running out of room in my small bedroom, and I just bought Ninjago City and docks and plan to buy more 2021 sets. My thought process is that I have at least a couple years to buy Diagon Alley again, but I will never have a chance to buy these Ninjago sets again.

Has anyone ever sold a set so quickly after buying? Or sold one with plans to buy it again when circumstances are better?

4 minutes ago, Modal said:

So I’m deciding on selling my built Diagon Alley for $325. I’m running out of room in my small bedroom, and I just bought Ninjago City and docks and plan to buy more 2021 sets. My thought process is that I have at least a couple years to buy Diagon Alley again, but I will never have a chance to buy these Ninjago sets again.

Has anyone ever sold a set so quickly after buying? Or sold one with plans to buy it again when circumstances are better?

I mean do you really want to pay $475 for Diagon Alley, because if you buy it again this is what you will be doing.  If you are just planning to take the money from Diagon Alley and use it on other sets I think you are better off just keeping what you have and saving for future sets. 

2 minutes ago, shaggysanchez said:

I mean do you really want to pay $475 for Diagon Alley, because if you buy it again this is what you will be doing.  If you are just planning to take the money from Diagon Alley and use it on other sets I think you are better off just keeping what you have and saving for future sets. 

I mean I think I got $75 worth of joy from building and showing it off for a couple months. Money is also a bit more tight now with the purchases I made, so $325 would help out a bit. Displaying all my LEGOs will be easier when I am not in a leased house and living with 3 other roommates lol will also how a more stable budget in 1-2 years.

But I’m still undecided. Don’t know what I’m going to do

Edited by Modal

5 minutes ago, Modal said:

I mean I think I got $75 worth of joy from building and showing it off for a couple months. Money is also a bit more tight now with the purchases I made, so $325 would help out a bit. Displaying all my LEGOs will be easier when I am not in a leased house and living with 3 other roommates lol

But I’m still undecided. Don’t know what I’m going to do

Why not just keep DA and buy the other sets when you can afford them? You're probably going to be loosing 75 on DA when you have to get it again later (maybe it will decrease in price slightly in a few years but idk). 

I would recommend just keeping what you have and buying the other stuff later. If you're really desperate to get the other stuff now then sell sets you actually don't want. 

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

Why not just keep DA and buy the other sets when you can afford them? You're probably going to be loosing 75 on DA when you have to get it again later (maybe it will decrease in price slightly in a few years but idk). 

I would recommend just keeping what you have and buying the other stuff later. If you're really desperate to get the other stuff now then sell sets you actually don't want. 

I mean I had to get the two Ninjago City sets now because the value is just going to go up and up as time goes on and the deal was solid. 

I just feel so dirty getting rid of my baby I was so hyped for this summer! We’ll see what happens the person may bail on the deal anyway. 

48 minutes ago, Modal said:

I'd buy that in a heartbeat... only if I had the money :sceptic:

In all seriousness... I think someone would buy that without hesitation at that price, if you still have the box and the instructions.

12 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

I'd buy that in a heartbeat... only if I had the money :sceptic:

In all seriousness... I think someone would buy that without hesitation at that price, if you still have the box and the instructions.

In my personal opinion, I don’t really get it because for 75 more you can get it unopened and new. I’m also a bit OCD though and much prefer to buy my own new set instead of pre-opened or used. It’s crazy how valuable LEGO stays even when used!

It’s not goodbye forever though with DA. Once the expansions and everything come out these next couple years I will be back, hopefully with more room to display :)

Edited by Modal

1 minute ago, Modal said:

In my personal opinion, I don’t really get it because for 75 more you can get it unopened and new. I’m also a bit OCD though and much prefer to buy my own new set instead of pre-opened or used. It’s crazy how valuable LEGO stays even when used!

It’s not goodbye forever though with DA. Once the expansions and everything come out these next couple years I can go again :)

If that's the case, then I'd suggest keeping it instead; as good as the build experience is, I don't think it's worth any more than $80...

That applies to every set, at least in my opinion.

Edited by JintaiZ

2 hours ago, Modal said:

I just feel so dirty getting rid of my baby I was so hyped for this summer! We’ll see what happens the person may bail on the deal anyway. 

In the end it's your decision but this sentence tells me you're not sold on selling it. Only advice I can give is don't sell it unless you're absolutely certain you want/have to

Updated my gallery showing the minifigures released from 2018 onward.  Ordered from latest to oldest.

Link

screenshot-1604443384.png

Just now, deskp said:

Updated my gallery showing the minifigures released from 2018 onward.  Ordered from latest to oldest.

Link

screenshot-1604443384.png

Useful as always! Thanks

19 hours ago, Modal said:

It’s not goodbye forever though with DA. Once the expansions and everything come out these next couple years I will be back, hopefully with more room to display :)

On the lack of space issue, I would break it down and store it as parts instead of selling. Who knows what might happen in two years? They might end up quite scarce and more expensive than they are now.

On 11/3/2020 at 12:15 PM, Modal said:

If your intent is to repurchase this set in the future I don't get why you would even consider selling it at this point unless you were actually making a profit on the deal.  I get that there are other sets you want NOW and space is an issue but I would only consider selling if you really don't ever want to have this set in your collection anymore.  There are always going to be newer, maybe better sets in the future but if you sell now you may end up regretting it down the road.  If your current frame of mind is to buy what you want now to just build once & then sell I think you need to reassess your priorities and not be buying sets you don't intend to keep just because they are new.  I'm trying to really start just buying sets I really want rather than grabbing stuff because there are a few new parts in them that I want or the price is good.  Judging buy the upcoming new HP sets and the total cost I need to stop buying pretty much most of the other sets that mildly interest me.  I even passed on a few that are on my wishlist that I saw yesterday at a discount because they aren't really must haves.

On 11/3/2020 at 11:15 AM, Modal said:

I’ll add to the chorus & say don’t sell. Especially seeing as you intend to buy it later. I get it, those Ninjago sets are fantastic, but which would you regret on missing out on not getting more? 

14 minutes ago, karrit said:

If your intent is to repurchase this set in the future I don't get why you would even consider selling it at this point unless you were actually making a profit on the deal.  I get that there are other sets you want NOW and space is an issue but I would only consider selling if you really don't ever want to have this set in your collection anymore.  There are always going to be newer, maybe better sets in the future but if you sell now you may end up regretting it down the road.  If your current frame of mind is to buy what you want now to just build once & then sell I think you need to reassess your priorities and not be buying sets you don't intend to keep just because they are new.  I'm trying to really start just buying sets I really want rather than grabbing stuff because there are a few new parts in them that I want or the price is good.  Judging buy the upcoming new HP sets and the total cost I need to stop buying pretty much most of the other sets that mildly interest me.  I even passed on a few that are on my wishlist that I saw yesterday at a discount because they aren't really must haves.

This is me. I’ve pretty much stopped buying Superheroes, City, & Creator for stuff I like but don’t mind missing. HP is a big reason why. 

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I’ll add to the chorus & say don’t sell. Especially seeing as you intend to buy it later. I get it, those Ninjago sets are fantastic, but which would you regret on missing out on not getting more? 

This is me. I’ve pretty much stopped buying Superheroes, City, & Creator for stuff I like but don’t mind missing. HP is a big reason why. 

Same, I pretty much gave up Marvel, DC, City, and other miscellaneous things so that I can keep getting Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Jurassic World

13 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Same here. I dropped DC, Star Wars and (to a lesser extent) Ninjago so I can keep up with Potter, Jurassic World and Marvel.

20 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Same, I pretty much gave up Marvel, DC, City, and other miscellaneous things so that I can keep getting Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Jurassic World

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same here. I dropped DC, Star Wars and (to a lesser extent) Ninjago so I can keep up with Potter, Jurassic World and Marvel.

It’s going to be especially harder this year. With that huge list of HP sets coupled with the Ninjago Gardens set(which I’m definitely getting). HP is really the only theme I get in any real amount these days. It’s the high ticket sets more than anything. I have gotten a decent amount of HS too.

I think it’s both good & bad that we have so many options. I’m not a completionist by any means, but just keeping up with what I want is far too difficult.  

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

I think it’s both good & bad that we have so many options. I’m not a completionist by any means, but just keeping up with what I want is far too difficult.  

I do like that LEGO is trying to explore some new areas with the Potter theme, things like these upcoming books or the buildable Hedwig. Hedwig for example is a great set but for someone who has to make some cuts due to budgetary reasons it's great to be able to skip a set like that. I'm also really happy with the delay for Jurassic World: Dominion, besides that movie desperately needing more time to be properly finished it also frees up around 400 euro in my 2021 LEGO budget (assuming most sets are Dominion based and thus delayed) :excited:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I do like that LEGO is trying to explore some new areas with the Potter theme, things like these upcoming books or the buildable Hedwig. Hedwig for example is a great set but for someone who has to make some cuts due to budgetary reasons it's great to be able to skip a set like that. I'm also really happy with the delay for Jurassic World: Dominion, besides that movie desperately needing more time to be properly finished it also frees up around 400 euro in my 2021 LEGO budget (assuming most sets are Dominion based and thus delayed) :excited:

Haha, silver lining of 2020.:tongue: I still haven’t bought Hedwig & while I definitely like it, I don’t think I’d be upset by missing it. If the books didn’t come with those great looking minifigs I may feel the same about those. Even though they’re coming out first, they may be last on the list(which could easily change once we get better views).

5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It’s going to be especially harder this year. With that huge list of HP sets coupled with the Ninjago Gardens set(which I’m definitely getting). HP is really the only theme I get in any real amount these days. It’s the high ticket sets more than anything. I have gotten a decent amount of HS too.

I know I’m in the minority, but I just don’t really have any interest in Ninjago. I’ve never gotten a single set from that theme. Granted I think the parts usage and minifigs as well as the overall designs are very cool and if I got a few I would probably be hooked, which is why I probably shouldn’t try. I’m pretty much just into the licensed stuff. Although if Lord Of The Rings is ever brought back, I might even give up Harry Potter

16 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Although if Lord Of The Rings is ever brought back, I might even give up Harry Potter

That'd be awesome, but I highly doubt it. If the rumours are anything to go by, the Amazon series will (sadly) try to appeal to the GoT crowd, which doesn't bode well for a potential tie-in :tongue:

Have fans seen that they’re making the piece ( 65227pb01 ) that came in the Hidden Side Castle set ( the apparating / flying piece .. and yeah I know there was a whole debate about this which hopefully won’t happen again ) but they’re introducing the piece in another colour .. a trans green darkish colour .. think it’s coming in a Spider-Man set with Mysterio ? ?

Edited by Jarreth2