Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Amazon.de currently has a promo which gives you a 15% discount on top of other discounts with LEGO purchases. 

It's a Dutch tutorial but throwing it in Translate works fine 

Did this on the UK site during Prime day and got Hagrid's Hut for £24. Couldn't resist. :excited:

What I will say is you do have to wait the 24 hours for some things to start working and the discount being applied. However, whilst most Lego will work after 24 hours, Grievous' Starfighter is stubbornly refusing to work with this promo on the UK website, so that just adds insult to injury when it comes to that set. :facepalm:

I don't know if it has been talked about before but I see that there is quite a bit of difficulty, at least in Spain, with the stock of the burrow, in stores like Toys R Us among others it is not even sold online, and in Lego.com it is difficult to find it available, and when it is available the limit is 1.

Do you think that this product would start to be manufactured later than the rest of the wave and that is why there are even fewer stock?

I got my hands on the Build Your Own Adventure book today. The first thing I did was rig the sorting hat so we're ensured a more equal representation of the houses in the future.

small-min.jpg

1 hour ago, EtelEnzos said:

I don't know if it has been talked about before but I see that there is quite a bit of difficulty, at least in Spain, with the stock of the burrow, in stores like Toys R Us among others it is not even sold online, and in Lego.com it is difficult to find it available, and when it is available the limit is 1.
Do you think that this product would start to be manufactured later than the rest of the wave and that is why there are even fewer stock?

The pandemic limited LEGO's production capacity for a few months (don't know if that's back on track) but they had a ton of out-of-stock sets to produce. The Burrow is selling extremely well, every time it comes back in stock it's gone within a few hours. At the moment it probably has something to do with high demand and low supply. 

11 hours ago, Phyranion said:

I got my hands on the Build Your Own Adventure book today. The first thing I did was rig the sorting hat so we're ensured a more equal representation of the houses in the future.

small-min.jpg

???

Personally this year I am hoping for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff robes, we have the jumpers with the house colours on, so now we are just missing the robes.  Maybe even a Roger Davies in Ravenclaw or Quidditch robes.  I also think Lego is going to have to start making up parts to the castle (at least on the outside anyway) so we can get all the rooms on the inside as there is still so much more to fit in, interior wise, including a fat lady door.:laugh:

14 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Personally this year I am hoping for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff robes, we have the jumpers with the house colours on, so now we are just missing the robes.  Maybe even a Roger Davies in Ravenclaw or Quidditch robes.  I also think Lego is going to have to start making up parts to the castle (at least on the outside anyway) so we can get all the rooms on the inside as there is still so much more to fit in, interior wise, including a fat lady door.:laugh:

Agreed with the robes! They could make another student pack with the short ones from the DA set, I hope they would be brave enough to not put Harry in it again, even random nameless students would be welcome to customise figures 

I had an idea the other day that Lego could make more modules of the castle to represent those sections of Hogwarts which changed between the movies as different sets, for example:

DADA tower & Dark Tower for POA, swaps for the Astronomy Tower

Training Grounds Tower complex for PS/CS, perhaps with the PS chambers inside 

That way we get more interior and people can make whichever version of Hogwarts they like by swapping out the buildings :)

I can definitely see a figure pack based on the first few films, perhaps with short legs but perhaps just with the robes. It would be a good excuse to get Colin Creevey, Ernie Macmillan, Millicent Bulstrode and Penelope Clearwater (or if Lego want to delve into their imaginations perhaps they could give us a Mandy Brocklehurst figure - I believe she has the dubious distinction of being the first Hogwarts student to have her final mention in the books!)

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

I can definitely see a figure pack based on the first few films, perhaps with short legs but perhaps just with the robes. It would be a good excuse to get Colin Creevey, Ernie Macmillan, Millicent Bulstrode and Penelope Clearwater (or if Lego want to delve into their imaginations perhaps they could give us a Mandy Brocklehurst figure - I believe she has the dubious distinction of being the first Hogwarts student to have her final mention in the books!)

Hannah Abbott comes before Mandy :) 

I agree with your points though! 

Am I the only one who couldn‘t care less about more robes / students regardless of house? :laugh: We finally got school AND quidditch uniforms for all four houses, which is a lot more than what I was expecting back when the reboot was announced. 

What we need is more Death Eaters and adult side characters rather than useless, bland students :tongue:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one who couldn‘t care less about more robes / students regardless of house? :laugh: We finally got school AND quidditch uniforms for all four houses, which is a lot more than what I was expecting back when the reboot was announced. 

What we need is more Death Eaters and adult side characters rather than useless, bland students :tongue:

Personally I'd rather want 4 complete sets of 7 Quidditch players than Death Eaters. :P Currently it's not easy to get a full roster due to the Quidditch outfits of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff being part of Diagon Alley and not some cheaper set. So I really hope the accessory pack is filled with one member of each house's Quidditch team.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

My main Harry Potter layout is focused on Hogwarts itself so I'd personally much rather get a ton more students (preferably with different robes etc) than more Death Eaters. My secondary layout is DA so I also have a limited use for Death Eaters there. Maybe I should consider making something for Malfoy Manor to house Voldy and my DE's  :tongue:

5 hours ago, Seaber said:

Hannah Abbott comes before Mandy :) 

I agree with your points though! 

Hannah is in the books after the sorting ceremony (she's actually the only student outside Gryffindor and Slytherin to be mentioned in all seven books) whereas Mandy Brocklehurst literally doesn't turn up again. Of course, this rather rules out any chance of getting her in minifigure form

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agree! :laugh: It could be Narcissa, random death eather (maybe something like the old Lucius), Tonks (colorful hair) and Harry (they would probably include him) 

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed. I have enough students already. Need some figs for diagon alley!

14 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Hannah is in the books after the sorting ceremony (she's actually the only student outside Gryffindor and Slytherin to be mentioned in all seven books) whereas Mandy Brocklehurst literally doesn't turn up again. Of course, this rather rules out any chance of getting her in minifigure form

Ah, gotcha, I misread your post :) Like Lily Moon and Morag MacDougal then (best name in the books) 

I don’t like to display minifigs, I sort them instead into sorter bins. That goes for all themes. So I’m not trying to populate any build displays with figures. I just want Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff robes in general and then I just want specific characters we are missing including Death Eaters, Order members, students, variants, etc.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

[...] I just want specific characters we are missing including Death Eaters, Order members, students, variants, etc.

Agreed. My priorities are almost in the same order:

1. Death Eaters & cohorts (generic OotP-style masked ones, Yaxley, Narcissa, Crabbe & Goyle, Scabior, maybe Thicknesse)

2. Order members (OotP Tonks & Sirius, Bill)

3. Other characters (Karkaroff, Skeeter, Pomfrey, Aberforth, Kreacher)

4. Variants (e.g. the trio in various disguises, one of the other two outfits for Sprout, second/third task outfits)

5. Another Dobby

6. A new Hedwig with one open and one closed wing :laugh_hard:

7. Some other random stuff

8. [redacted]

173. Generic students :tongue:

I was thinking of a good book set and the Tale of the Three Brothers could be a nice set. It would include the 3 brothers with the Elder Wand, RessurectionStone and Cloak of Invisibility; Death; a bridge with little river and a Tales of Beetle the Bard book (minifigure scale). Would you be interested in getting minifigures for the 3 brothers?

2 hours ago, Professor_Flitbrick said:

I was thinking of a good book set and the Tale of the Three Brothers could be a nice set. It would include the 3 brothers with the Elder Wand, RessurectionStone and Cloak of Invisibility; Death; a bridge with little river and a Tales of Beetle the Bard book (minifigure scale). Would you be interested in getting minifigures for the 3 brothers?

As cool as something like that sounds you'd also have to consider how likely it is for LEGO to make such a thing. The Tale of the Three Brothers is a story pretty much centered around death and how he gets 3 souls to give themselves over to him, one of them gives himself up willingly but the other 2 involve murder and suicide. I doubt it's something LEGO would want to make :sceptic:

19 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed. My priorities are almost in the same order:

1. Death Eaters & cohorts (generic OotP-style masked ones, Yaxley, Narcissa, Crabbe & Goyle, Scabior, maybe Thicknesse)

You forgot the best Death Eater of them all: Dolohov

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

So apparently the MBoM might not be a GWP but a normal set retailing for $20 *huh*

Is this from your source or because it was found in a discovery centre? I remember the microscale DA was first known because it was being sold in, I believe, an Asian Lego store, but then it was a GWP for the rest of us. Might be the same this time around. Either way I think it's a good little set, but I'm not desperate for it so it would be a pass from me if it was being sold rather than a GWP.