Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 10/24/2020 at 9:21 AM, Guyon2002 said:

We haven't heard anything about it since it leaked. I don't think LEGO has ever released a region-exclusive licensed GWP so it should have a worldwide release sometime soon

Aren't the bricktober sets exclusive?

2 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Aren't the bricktober sets exclusive?

They are exclusive to Toys R Us, rather than a specific region. But if you don't have the stores in your region, then it feels like it.

Kinda curious as to what Patronus you guys would want to get most in future sets. For me it's either Aberforth's goat or my own seal :excited:

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

For me it's either Aberforth's goat [...] 

Which doesn‘t even appear in the films (or does it)? The patronus he used to repel the horde of dementors certainly didn‘t look like a goat :tongue:

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

[...] or my own Seal :excited:

But they’re not able to produce trans-clear minifigs *ba-dum-dish* :grin:

31 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Which doesn‘t even appear in the films (or does it)? The patronus he used to repel the horde of dementors certainly didn‘t look like a goat 

Well yeah the films made some of the corporeal patronuses less concrete. When we first see Harry's stag patronus it just stand still rather than galloping around. (amazing how the film neglected to mention James Potter was a stag animagus and why him, Sirius and Peter became animagi in the first place).

Also Kingsley's Panther patronus was downgraded to a ball of light in Deathly Hallows.

I think the most likeable animal patronus we are going to see would be Snape's Doe (and/or Lily's of you want) as it was actually seen in the films and mentioned. It could be included in a small set with a tent build, Harry, Ron, the sword of Gryffindor, the doe and maybe a horcrux build with spiders.

47 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Well yeah the films made some of the corporeal patronuses less concrete. When we first see Harry's stag patronus it just stand still rather than galloping around. (amazing how the film neglected to mention James Potter was a stag animagus and why him, Sirius and Peter became animagi in the first place).

Also Kingsley's Panther patronus was downgraded to a ball of light in Deathly Hallows.

I think the most likeable animal patronus we are going to see would be Snape's Doe (and/or Lily's of you want) as it was actually seen in the films and mentioned. It could be included in a small set with a tent build, Harry, Ron, the sword of Gryffindor, the doe and maybe a horcrux build with spiders.

Wasn’t Kingsley’s Patronus a lynx in the books?

The winners of the Harry Potter Ideas contest came out today. Thought the grand prize was well done!

6 minutes ago, Modal said:

The winners of the Harry Potter Ideas contest came out today. Thought the grand prize was well done!

The grand prize winners model looks fantastic, the other 2 don't really do much for me :sceptic: They're by no means bad but I did see some other models I personally found better 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The grand prize winners model looks fantastic, the other 2 don't really do much for me :sceptic: They're by no means bad but I did see some other models I personally found better 

Where can I see the entries? ?

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Kinda curious as to what Patronus you guys would want to get most in future sets. For me it's either Aberforth's goat or my own seal :excited:

A goat would be great to get the goat mould back in business :wink: A doe is my favorite and it is not unlikely we will get it in a small set either :grin:

1 hour ago, SchwimmerFunHouse8907 said:

Guy had a source contact me about next year. Apparently we are getting reissues of some of the 2001 range, a la Star Wars 20 anniverqry. Probably the colourful diagon alley shops again. Pretty awesome!

Insert grain of salt here

1 hour ago, SchwimmerFunHouse8907 said:

Guy had a source contact me about next year. Apparently we are getting reissues of some of the 2001 range, a la Star Wars 20 anniverqry. Probably the colourful diagon alley shops again. Pretty awesome!

Sorry but the info you provided without any context sounds dodgy to be honest. Like looking at your previous posts theyre very anti @Guyon2002 and it seems that cos he has genuine information you wanna jump on the bandwagon

Not trying to spark anything and by all means you do you but pardon some people if they take this with a UCS dobbys sock worth of salt 

Like do you have any info such as set numbers or matching prices?

2 hours ago, SchwimmerFunHouse8907 said:

That would be interesting, but I’ll take it with a grain of salt of course. I don’t know if I would prefer to see brand new things though. I guess time will tell.. 

?Who can say where the theme goes
Where the sets flow, only time?

Colour me skeptical :tongue: A range of anniversary sets is not unreasonable, but "some guy told me" sounds a bit fishy. And if it's supposed to be a dig at @Guyon2002, he's been a member for a long time and is thus trustworthy :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

What was the rationale behind the Glow-in-the-Dark Snape from the original run of sets? In daylight the figure looks odd up against the rest of the cast (especially during the yellow-heads era of Licensed Sets when it first came out) and I can't think of a scene in books or films where Snape ever lights up. It's among a number of gripes I have with the minifigures of the early Harry Potter sets (along with a distaste for the main trio's head patterns and the hair moulds used for Ron and Harry) which almost make me glad I missed out on a chunk of them at the time - almost, because Lego is Lego and I got so few sets during the era that having more Harry Potter would have meant having more Lego.

In any case, I'm immensely glad for the modern range of sets. IMO, the 2018+ minifigures are almost without exception better than their predecessors.

Let me just say that I have already shared all the Potter info we currently have, this time I don't have to keep my mouth shut when it comes to this theme :tongue: It's pretty rare that we get prices and setnumbers this soon so I highly doubt anyone who's not directly involved in the designing/manufacturing process knows what they are. 

Whatever hate he carries towards me is something I just choose to ignore but the fact he has been banned since making this latest post says a lot about how believable the information is :sceptic:

It's also worth mentioning that I appreciate you guys sticking up for me :grin:

On 10/27/2020 at 4:24 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Wasn’t Kingsley’s Patronus a lynx in the books?

Ah yeah. Proving my point how the films ignored the corporeal patronuses forms.

I have been thinking how LEGO might do do Bill’s Wedding in a set and come up with this format, what do you guys think?:

$30 set: Half a tent (open back along the long length). Includes the entrance, wedding cake and two drinks tables.

Figures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Bill, Fleur, Death Eater 

Then to complete the characters with lines in the scene:

CMF figure: Xenophilius Lovegood (wedding outfit) & Quibbler (DH edition) 

Advent Calendar: Harry (with snitch) Ron (with invitation) Hermione (with bag), Elphias Doge, Aunt Muriel (uses the same hat at the CMF Calamity Drone), Luna Lovegood

Builds include chairs, more tables and lamps, other decorations for the wedding scene. Micro Burrow also included 

Edited by Bugbot20082

12 hours ago, Otherworld said:

?Who can say where the theme goes
Where the sets flow, only time?

:grin: Nice one, Enya :wink:

Amazon.de currently has a promo which gives you a 15% discount on top of other discounts with LEGO purchases. All you have to do is abuse the Kids' Wish List and hope the sets you want are still available. I ended up getting the Knight Bus and the Baryonyx set from Jurassic World for 61 euro total (which is essentially the same as getting the Jurassic set with a small discount and the KB for free :grin:).

It does take some time but all you have to do is follow these steps: 

https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego/15-korting-bij-amazon-de-op-nagenoeg-alle-lego-sets-en-ander-speelgoed/

It's a Dutch tutorial but throwing it in Translate works fine