Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

50 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Cho is already included in the Ravenclaw/Charms book though

More desirable characters? Last time I checked people were sick of getting so many Gryffindors :laugh_hard:

Yeah I forgot that, still they could have put one of the patil twins or luna there also.

Crabbe and goyle for sure

Lavander Brown or lee jordan 

Ginny could have been in the Gryffindor

Does anyone have some good instructions or ideas how to create a more realistic layout for Hogwarts withe the different sets

I dont like the microscale sets

I decided to get the different minifigure sets and just modify them a bit

I dont like the layout lego suggested would rather put Astronomy tower facing the great hall but would also want some rocks beneath any ideas

They're a bit late to the party but for some reason LEGO decided to upload 2 set animations today. One for Privet Drive and one for the Astronomy Tower. Gotta love how Harry's just chilling in his cupboard and then runs to his room :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Gotta love how Harry's just chilling in his cupboard and then runs to his room :laugh_hard:

Lmao! I love these videos. It also seemed to me Hermione had Luna’s face and Luna had Lavender’s :laugh:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The only missing students on my wishlist are Crabbe and Goyle, any of the rest that happen to show up in future sets are just a bonus to me :shrug_oh_well: Maybe Lee too (mainly for his hairpiece), but that’s about it 

Same for me, Crabbe and Goyle are the only missing for me to. But Colin would be a great bonus to. 

I don't understand why they didn't put Crabbe or Goyle in the potions set. How can they still ignore such a iconic characters like them :cry_sad:

Man I am so excited for 2021 LEGO! I’ve only been active since May 2020 lol but too much to be excited about. January alone there’s Gardens of Ninjago City, Lego Ideas Blacksmith, first Harry Potter winter wave ever. Then quickly followed by one of the bigger HP summer waves yet.

Also I applied to work part time at the local LEGO store here since composing has been a little less active due to COVID. That employee discount could be quite useful :wink:

Edited by Modal

47 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

I don't understand why they didn't put Crabbe or Goyle in the potions set. How can they still ignore such a iconic characters like them :cry_sad:

Probably because they’re a duo, wouldn’t make much sense to include one but not the other (with the exception of anything DH-related, of course). And including both of them in the Slytherin classroom set would’ve been too good to be true :tongue:

I find I'm changing a lot of official student figures (Cho, Lavender, Seamus, Hannah, as well as Fleur and Krum) to have more unique faces. As such, I'm in no huge rush to get Crabbe and Goyle, as the Slytherin torso is now easily available and there are plenty of grumpy faces available. Still, they will almost certainly make the pair at some point, they're almost ever present and recognisable. 

I reckon they'll have the Finn hair unfortunately when they get a minifig though. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Probably because they’re a duo, wouldn’t make much sense to include one but not the other (with the exception of anything DH-related, of course).

Lego have done weirder things before :tongue: 

Even if the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff characters are unnamed, it would still be good to have more included in sets. You can’t really have a Hogwarts just with Gryffindor students. It is expensive to build up a collection of torsos from the other houses, plus there is also the black robes variation and the quidditch uniforms.

6 hours ago, Seaber said:

I find I'm changing a lot of official student figures (Cho, Lavender, Seamus, Hannah, as well as Fleur and Krum) to have more unique faces. As such, I'm in no huge rush to get Crabbe and Goyle, as the Slytherin torso is now easily available and there are plenty of grumpy faces available. Still, they will almost certainly make the pair at some point, they're almost ever present and recognisable. 

I reckon they'll have the Finn hair unfortunately when they get a minifig though. 

The Finn hair would fine seeing as it would be pretty accurate

7 hours ago, Modal said:

Man I am so excited for 2021 LEGO! I’ve only been active since May 2020 lol but too much to be excited about. January alone there’s Gardens of Ninjago City, Lego Ideas Blacksmith, first Harry Potter winter wave ever. Then quickly followed by one of the bigger HP summer waves yet.

Also I applied to work part time at the local LEGO store here since composing has been a little less active due to COVID. That employee discount could be quite useful :wink:

Me too! Hoping there’s not many sets from other themes that appeal too much - as long as there’s no double whammy of Barracuda Bay and Treehouse! Think I’ll get Diagon Alley next year or the year after, based on Hogwarts Castle there’ll maybe be some decent discounts in a year or so’s time at other retailers. By the way, is the Blacksmith confirmed for January?

56 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Me too! Hoping there’s not many sets from other themes that appeal too much - as long as there’s no double whammy of Barracuda Bay and Treehouse! Think I’ll get Diagon Alley next year or the year after, based on Hogwarts Castle there’ll maybe be some decent discounts in a year or so’s time at other retailers. By the way, is the Blacksmith confirmed for January?

With Sesame Street being November 1st, we can expect the next Ideas set in January. I believe the next set number and price is $150, which is most likely the Blacksmith instead of Winnie the Pooh.

Do we know when Hogwarts Castle is retiring?

Edited by Modal

4 hours ago, Modal said:

We don't but it wouldn't surprise me if it retires around late 2021 / early 2022

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

We don't but it wouldn't surprise me if it retires around late 2021 / early 2022

Not me either. I think it would be in production max another year. 

10 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Even if the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff characters are unnamed, it would still be good to have more included in sets. You can’t really have a Hogwarts just with Gryffindor students. It is expensive to build up a collection of torsos from the other houses, plus there is also the black robes variation and the quidditch uniforms.

I agree, however I do not think they would make unnamed ones, but they can make new ones with existing parts to keep the cost down :shrug_oh_well:

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So Light My Bricks just added this to their store. Does anyone know how much something like this generally costs? I've never put lighting in my sets before and I'd love to light up my DA but ~150 euro is damn expensive :look:

https://www.lightmybricks.com/products/lego-diagon-alley-75978-light-kit

I've looked it up before and unfortunately all the ones I've seen are just as terribly expensive :/

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So Light My Bricks just added this to their store. Does anyone know how much something like this generally costs? I've never put lighting in my sets before and I'd love to light up my DA but ~150 euro is damn expensive :look:

I’ve used Light My Bricks in the past and I will say, despite the high price tag, they are by far the best lighting kits on the market. Super well made and easy to follow instructions. Other lighting kits I’ve used have felt so much cheaper. I totally recommend LMB if you want to make DA a serious show piece. I’m probably going to do the same but not until Gringotts and other expansions come out.

1 hour ago, Modal said:

I’ve used Light My Bricks in the past and I will say, despite the high price tag, they are by far the best lighting kits on the market. Super well made and easy to follow instructions. Other lighting kits I’ve used have felt so much cheaper. I totally recommend LMB if you want to make DA a serious show piece. I’m probably going to do the same but not until Gringotts and other expansions come out.

Good to know, I’ve been curious about their products but feared the quality would be very fragile, or cheap. 

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Perhaps you could have a crack at making your own? You can get some small LEDs on wire fairly cheaply that are probably suitable.

After months of wait, the Hogwarts students acc. set finally arrived.  For some reasons, it took like 2months before it appeared as Available on NZ shop@home.  Nice surprised to see all torsos with different colour tie.  More on my thoughts here.

On 10/22/2020 at 2:44 AM, Modal said:

With Sesame Street being November 1st, we can expect the next Ideas set in January. I believe the next set number and price is $150, which is most likely the Blacksmith instead of Winnie the Pooh.

Aha, I See. Sounds exciting! I hope they do a good job with it. It’s quite big from what I remember so I wouldn’t mind if they made it a little smaller and cheaper but we’ll see!

I don’t think we do. But retirement wasn’t anything to do with my comment, it was just a pattern I noticed about Hogwarts Castle’s prices and I was hoping DA will follow the same sort of pattern and go for £50-£80 off in a year or so’s time. :)

43 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

Has anyone heard anything of the monster book? If it will come out for the rest of the world to?

We haven't heard anything about it since it leaked. I don't think LEGO has ever released a region-exclusive licensed GWP so it should have a worldwide release sometime soon