Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I really really like the 2010-2011 ones. They used the current style IMO without being too cartoony. From the creepy 2005-2007 ones I like Snape, Harry and Umbridge. 

Agree with you for snape umbridge. Yeah I also liked 2010 ones now they dont fit with the new ones and I have figures that have not been released yet with the new wave but cant combine them

I really don’t understand why people don’t like using the Finn hairpiece for Krum. It’s undeniably the closest thing to a buzz cut we have, certainly better than the slicked back style they used to use as a buzz cut. There really isn’t a hair piece that works better for Krum, there just isn’t 

22 hours ago, 7982Brick2 said:

Am I the only one that wants a wedding set since it gives us a great opportunity to get Fleur in her beautiful dress. If we do I hope LEGO gives her a new face print and a printed dress piece. 

Which dress would you want the figure to use? The slim regular one or that large one they made for the CMF 15 Queen?

I think a wedding set is quite likely actually: it fits the target demographics and ‘dollhouse’ style going on and is the best remaining ‘party’ scene they can base the 2022 Advent Callander on (Luna in her dress an exclusive figure for example?)

20 minutes ago, Juve said:

Agree with you for snape umbridge. Yeah I also liked 2010 ones now they dont fit with the new ones and I have figures that have not been released yet with the new wave but cant combine them

The current ones are spectacular, best ones so far, with the exception of the reused ones and a few such as Tonks’. 

For anyone in the States looking for the new polybag, I found it at JoAnns Fabrics. I didn’t really want it, but I was rather excited at the surprise of finding it so I grabbed one.:laugh:

Just now, Vindicare said:

For anyone in the States looking for the new polybag, I found it at JoAnns Fabrics. I didn’t really want it, but I was rather excited at the surprise of finding it so I grabbed one.:laugh:

Awe man, I wish there were fellow mexicans in here reporting their findings. 

4 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Which dress would you want the figure to use? The slim regular one or that large one they made for the CMF 15 Queen?

I think the queen dress is way too big for that appearance, the regular one would do.

33 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really don’t understand why people don’t like using the Finn hairpiece for Krum. It’s undeniably the closest thing to a buzz cut we have, certainly better than the slicked back style they used to use as a buzz cut. There really isn’t a hair piece that works better for Krum, there just isn’t 

I don't understand it either, this is quite clearly the closest we're ever gonna get! 

24 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I think a wedding set is quite likely actually: it fits the target demographics and ‘dollhouse’ style going on and is the best remaining ‘party’ scene they can base the 2022 Advent Callander on (Luna in her dress an exclusive figure for example?)

The piece they used for the CMF Queen is way too large for Fleur, even in her wedding dress. If the only figure of Fleur in her wedding dress we're getting is one with that CMF piece I'd rather not get that figure at all :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

I went to mine last week because the website said they had them in stock.  All I could find was the Diver with the Stingray.  Took forever  to track down a worker to check stock but she said that everything was out so she guessed they didn't have it.  Claimed everything was out.  I did grab the diver anyway.

12 minutes ago, karrit said:

I went to mine last week because the website said they had them in stock.  All I could find was the Diver with the Stingray.  Took forever  to track down a worker to check stock but she said that everything was out so she guessed they didn't have it.  Claimed everything was out.  I did grab the diver anyway.

Yeah, the one I went to must’ve had just the last few left. I went in looking for the diver polybag & there was a few of the HP one mingled in the basket. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

are you talking about the hedwig and harry with the table? or is there another one?

1 hour ago, RyanMe said:

are you talking about the hedwig and harry with the table? or is there another one?

That’s the one, yeah. I suppose it’s not very new anymore...

Edited by Vindicare

Not sure if this was ever pointed out but if you look very closely at the leaked pictures of the books from a while back you'll notice 2 (minifigure) books in the Transfiguration and Potions sets. Could definetely be a placeholder but to me it looks like we're getting 2 new 1x2 tiles for those!

56 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not sure if this was ever pointed out but if you look very closely at the leaked pictures of the books from a while back you'll notice 2 (minifigure) books in the Transfiguration and Potions sets. Could definetely be a placeholder but to me it looks like we're getting 2 new 1x2 tiles for those!

Can’t even remember what the ones we already have look like :laugh:. Anyway, looking again at those pictures I noticed Cho’s skin color is still the same, I thought they had changed it to be more accurate when the blurrier ones came out.

Can anyone point me in the direction of those leaked images of the new book sets? I’ve tried all the usual hashtags on Instagram but they must be buried so far down by now that I can’t find them. Any help would be much appreciated.

37 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of those leaked images of the new book sets? I’ve tried all the usual hashtags on Instagram but they must be buried so far down by now that I can’t find them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Try #legoharrypotterleaks  you need to scroll down some but way easier than others.

13 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

Is that McGonagall figure with hat/hair legit? If that fig is from one of the books I'm definitely getting that one.

Looks fantastic and I like that we are getting a few different wizard/witch hats now that can be used for figs in DA etc :wub:
I guess the other books will have a updated nice fig as well. However I would have preferred if they only included figs from the house of the teacher in each book instead of putting the Gryffindors in every set as usual:hmpf:

22 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

However I would have preferred if they only included figs from the house of the teacher in each book instead of putting the Gryffindors in every set as usual:hmpf:

At least it's not the millionth Harry in each of the book sets, but I would've preferred that too.

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

However I would have preferred if they only included figs from the house of the teacher in each book instead of putting the Gryffindors in every set as usual:hmpf:

From a collector’s perspective, yes. Not so much from the perspective of the target audience. The trio will always be more desirable to kids compared to random students from the other houses, especially in cheap sets like these :shrug_oh_well:

It’s not a big loss anyway in this particular case, I mean which Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw students do we really need apart from the ones we already have? 

Edited by Lego-Freak

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

From a collector’s perspective, yes. Not so much from the perspective of the target audience. The trio will always be more desirable to kids compared to random students from the other houses, especially in cheap sets like these :shrug_oh_well:

Well yeah, sure. But what the hell is Seamus doing here? *huh*

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It’s not a big loss anyway in this particular case, I mean which Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw students do we really need apart from the ones we already have? 

Ernie Macmillan, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Zacharias Smith and Leanne could be done for Hufflepuff. Missing Ravenclaw students include Roger Davies, Penelope Clearwater, Marcus Belby, Marietta Edgecombe, Terry Boot, Michael Corner and Anthony Goldstein. And for these names I'm not even using google :tongue:

Edited by Guyon2002

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

From a collector’s perspective, yes. Not so much from the perspective of the target audience. The trio will always be more desirable to kids compared to random students from the other houses, especially in cheap sets like these 

You are probably right:shrug_oh_well:

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

All of them :tongue: I do not say that they should have given us only new students in the sets necessarily, but so far we are missing most of them :shrug_confused:

They shoul have put cho or luna in the ravenclaw

Or maybe the patil twins

We also have lavender brown for the sets

Dont need to put hermione ron and harry everywhere in all sets

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well yeah, sure. But what the hell is Seamus doing here? *huh*

Blowing sh*t up, what else :tongue:

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ernie Macmillan, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Zacharias Smith and Leanne could be done for Hufflepuff. Missing Ravenclaw students include Roger Davies, Penelope Clearwater, Marcus Belby, Marietta Edgecombe, Terry Boot, Michael Corner and Anthony Goldstein. And for these names I'm not even using google :tongue:

Frankly, I don’t care about a single student in that list. None of them did anything of importance and most of them probably didn’t have a single line in the films :laugh: I wouldn’t mind getting them, but not at the expense of more desirable characters

16 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

All of them :tongue: I do not say that they should have given us only new students in the sets necessarily, but so far we are missing most of them :shrug_confused:

The only missing students on my wishlist are Crabbe and Goyle, any of the rest that happen to show up in future sets are just a bonus to me :shrug_oh_well: Maybe Lee too (mainly for his hairpiece), but that’s about it 

18 minutes ago, Juve said:

They shoul have put cho or luna in the ravenclaw

Cho is already included in the Ravenclaw/Charms book though

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Frankly, I don’t care about a single student in that list. None of them did anything of importance and most of them probably didn’t have a single line in the films :laugh: I wouldn’t mind getting them, but not at the expense of more desirable characters

More desirable characters? Last time I checked people were sick of getting so many Gryffindors :laugh_hard:

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Cho is already included in the Ravenclaw/Charms book though

More desirable characters? Last time I checked people were sick of getting so many Gryffindors :laugh_hard:

I meant in general, not in regards to the classroom sets, I should’ve rephrased that a bit :grin: And as I’ve said, we can’t ignore the kids’ perspective here, so desirable to us is not necessarily the same thing as desirable to the target audience