Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Definetely not the only one. Fleur is one of my favorite characters and that dress is beautifull, I do hope they give her a new hairpiece though :excited:

X4, I know @Accio Lego really wants that as well. Bill’s, Ron’s, Xenophilius’ and Molly’s outfits are superb as well, I’d be super happy and satisfied if those were the last festive minifigs we get.

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There were plans to show a bunch of rats eating bits of Bellatrix after Molly had killed her

Was Pettigrew among them? :tongue: I mean they didn't show his death nor did they mention him afterwards, soooo...... :moar:

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Was Pettigrew among them? :tongue: I mean they didn't show his death nor did they mention him afterwards, soooo...... :moar:

He did actually die (in the books at least)

5 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

He did actually die (in the books at least)

I know, but they omitted his demise from the films, which has always been my major complaint with the DH movies :hmpf_bad: His death was really poetic in the book, but apparently too graphic for the adaptation. What was the point of his silver hand in the films then? :tongue:

28 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Where did you learn about this? I was intrigued, so I spent the past 20 minutes searching around the internet and wikis and found nada.

To be honest I don't remember where I saw it but it's not just me because @sebastian666 remembers it as well. Maybe he knows where they said it?

I’m not convinced that the $250 set is Gringott’s because Gringott’s alone wouldn’t need that many pieces in the current scale and if it came with other buildings, it wouldn’t be enough stores to keep the 2 darker buildings, 1 bright pattern going. Combine this with Bevins info on two separate extensions, I think the $130 set will be Gringott’s to keep it affordable while the $250 will be Leaky Cauldron/Borgin & Burkes as one baseplate, and Madame Maxine and Eeylops as the other baseplate since the images I’ve seen, they both share a purple exterior. These would reserve the more obscure shops to the hardcore fans who are willing to shell out while appeasing casuals who just want Gringott’s. The $110 will probably be the Bell Towers and the rest is fruitless to speculate on since they can do sets on any of the 8 films. Really great that leak season has started so soon.

Edited by RODDY

I really hope we don't get a wedding tent. I doubt LEGO will produce more than one tent in a single wave and I think the main tent the trio uses in DH1 is more important than the wedding tent, plus it would double as our annual forest set. 

While on paper the wedding tent seems like a great idea since LEGO loves releasing sets based around parties, in practice I don't think it would work because the previous party sets were $100. The set would have to be large and expensive enough to include at least the trio and Bill/Fleur which would require 5 new torso prints (which can only be used once) and a new face print for Bill. Plus that's just the essential figures, I'm sure LEGO would want to include a few more characters. It would have to be around $50-60 and I don't know how they could make the tent worth that price. 

Actually I would be incredibly surprised if LEGO made more than one DH1 set next year. It's clear they're loosing interest in producing sets to accurately represent the individual movies and are instead focusing on whatever random sets they want to. A forest and tent is probably all we will get. 

Hear me out: a Forest of Dean set with naked Harry and Hermione.... and a disgusted Ron. I can already see the empty shelves! :sarcasm:

47 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

To be honest I don't remember where I saw it but it's not just me because @sebastian666 remembers it as well. Maybe he knows where they said it?

I think it’s mentioned in the digital / dvd Deathly Hallows bonus content. It’s been years since I’ve watched those featurettes though so I could be wrong

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hear me out: a Forest of Dean set with naked Harry and Hermione.... and a disgusted Ron. I can already see the empty shelves! :sarcasm:

I need a naked Harry for my prefect bathroom scene so I’d buy it :laugh_hard:

6 hours ago, thenudeorganist said:

Not really sure if Lego would remake the Whomping Willow so soon, although the first one was a bit underwhelming imo. I can see them doing one Hogwarts add-on, either as one of the 120ish sets or cheaper. Personally, I think that the Durmstrang ship and the Shrieking Shack could be quite likely in the 120$ price range. And of course, there's the possibility of Gringott's being one of those sets; however, I think that it is more likely to be the 250$ with the dragon and possibly the Leaky Cauldron or a shop such as Madam Malkin's. And of course, this is all very speculative and Lego will probably throw some curveballs at us.

I don't mean a remake of whomping willow but an smaller add-on and of the castle and it could be based of troll in the dungeon or the forbidden corridor. The price could be under 100$ for the set. Even the owlery could be an option. One of the 120$ set could be the Bell towers and then one smaller add-on for under 100$. The other 120$ set could be Shrieking Shack, Durmstrang or something like that.

I hope we get more beasts next year. It was the best with the FB sets to get beast that could be added in the HP universum to. Like pixies with Lockman, a proper troll (not like Graup), basilisk etc. 

I do feel like we need a single set just for the common room’s and dorms, they are very important and prominent areas in the movies and I feel that getting a set dedicated to just them would be the only way they could be done justice. 

Everyone: thanks for the laughs! You’ve got me laughing with my wife over here. A dead Fred fig, naked Harry and Hermione... I love how this time around, we all realise we have very little to go on and we’re not taking things so seriously. 

As for the leaked McGonagall, she looks downright fantastic. A perfect match for the CMF Richard Harris Dumbledore. Let’s hope this bodes well for the new figs for 2021. 

Treat yourself to a butterbeer. Nice work, people. :laugh:

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

While on paper the wedding tent seems like a great idea since LEGO loves releasing sets based around parties, in practice I don't think it would work because the previous party sets were $100. The set would have to be large and expensive enough to include at least the trio and Bill/Fleur which would require 5 new torso prints (which can only be used once) and a new face print for Bill.

I can see the set happening at the 59.99 price point. Bill, Fleur, Harry, Ron, Hermione and a death eater, or another guest if a happy party set is what they’re going for. An “attack” feature would pair nicely with the burrow though! The set would have lavender tables, curtains and the tall cake. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ah, so is that why they introduced the 18+ range? *oh2*

13 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Ninjago City was a D2C set though :tongue: And Technic is its own separate beast

I still fail to see the appeal. How do you turn THIS into a desirable set? It‘s purposefully made to look as drab and ordinary as possible.

The interior is pretty interesting, I’ll give it that (and the appeal of a OotP Sirius is hard to deny), but that alone is not a viable option for a $130 set, at least IMO :shrug_oh_well:

Privet Drive says hello. :tongue: Much like that, Grimmauld Place is more about the interior setting than its exterior. Still, I think it would make for a fine building. 

4 hours ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

I love how this time around, we all realise we have very little to go on and we’re not taking things so seriously. 

I love how this time around the phrase 'A little bird told me' has never been more appropriate. ?

I just hope this time around everything works out nicely with no drama and it doesn't leave @Guyon2002 feeling like Hagrid: 'I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that.'

7 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I can see the set happening at the 59.99 price point. Bill, Fleur, Harry, Ron, Hermione and a death eater, or another guest if a happy party set is what they’re going for. An “attack” feature would pair nicely with the burrow though! The set would have lavender tables, curtains and the tall cake. 

For health related reasons it's probably also a good idea to include Elphias Doge. Don't want @sebastian666 to fly to Billund and go on a murderous rampage do we? :laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I love how this time around the phrase 'A little bird told me' has never been more appropriate. ?

I just hope this time around everything works out nicely with no drama and it doesn't leave @Guyon2002 feeling like Hagrid: 'I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that.'

My source's door when I hear the leaks turned out to be fake: 

Top 10 Unforgettable Harry Potter Moments - PureWow

18 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Ninjago City was a D2C set though :tongue:

The docks then? Ideas sets are they D2C? Art sets? At least it is not impossible with the new AFOL big set focus :shrug_oh_well:

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd really like to see are the Owlery

OWLS :wub:

15 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I get the appeal of potential interior scenes, what I have problems with is the exterior.

If they make a fancy playfeature on the exterior I am sure it will be a instant hit :wink: However not sure the set will come next year, but around 100£/$/euro seems likely when it do show up.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I have to admit, something like that would be amazing :thumbup: It‘d be tricky to pull that off on a larger scale, but it‘s an excellent idea nonetheless :sweet:

I was thinking something a bit simpler along the lines of just the one solid building. But attached to the front you have a sliding structure with just a 1 brick façade that separates in the middle, you slide on half to the left and one half to the right and then you have the original facades sitting as buildings to either side and the Grimmauld place in the middle. It would be sitting I brick width back, but it shouldn't destroy the illusion too much I don't think. I think that's more than likely the most effort LEGO would put into this kind of play feature.

14 hours ago, 7982Brick2 said:

Am I the only one that wants a wedding set since it gives us a great opportunity to get Fleur in her beautiful dress. If we do I hope LEGO gives her a new face print and a printed dress piece. 

It's also a nice excuse to expand the Weasley siblings with Bill. :)

2 minutes ago, Salix said:

It's also a nice excuse to expand the Weasley siblings with Bill. :)

Personally, I‘d rather they include him in a Battle of the 7 Potters or Battle of Hogwarts set :classic: 

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally, I‘d rather they include him in a Battle of the 7 Potters or Battle of Hogwarts set :classic: 

That's cool and all but then we wouldn't get Fleur in her wedding dress :tongue:

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Why not in all of them? :P I do wonder if we'll ever get Percy, he's in the movies, but hasn't been made in LEGO yet. However I doubt we'll ever get Charlie since he's only in one picture in the movies. :/