Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Salix said:

Yes, the four book sets and the LEGO Art Hogwarts Crest set.

Thank you very much :)

On 10/16/2020 at 12:26 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Back again with some more breadcrumbs (well.... they're a bit larger than crumbs) from my good friend. Looks like a ''pattern'' will be broken next year :excited:

76386 - $19,99

76387 - $39,99

76388 - $79,99

76389 - $129,99

76390 - $39,99

76391 - $249,99

76392 - $59,99

76393 - $119,99

76394 - $39,99

76395 - $29,99

I said it in my previous ''info dump'' and I'll repeat it here: I trust my source completely and he's proven himself many times before (even if in those cases I couldn't share anything here on EB). But as always, don't immediately take these prices as fact and apply the usual grain of salt :wink:

Thanks for the info :sweet:

On 10/16/2020 at 8:29 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Please do take in mind that similar to the Jurassic World setnumbers some of these sets might be based on FB3 and will most likely be delayed, just spitballing here btw.

That is a valid point with FB3 suppose to come next year, and I for one would would be happy if we get more FB sets :wink:

On 10/16/2020 at 5:26 PM, RogueTwo said:

I'm officially taking a break from this theme.  My wallet can't withstand firepower of this magnitude!

:laugh: Stop buying SW sets instead, you get a lot more bang for your buck here :tongue:

On 10/17/2020 at 5:19 AM, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think it's a bit of a cheat for Lego to make a really expensive Diagon Alley set, which should be the definitive set, leave out buildings like Gringotts and the Leaky Cauldron, only to sell them individually later.

How could they have added more in the set? Give us Gringotts and LC instead of the ones we got? It is just as we are getting a Hogwarts part or modular building etc every year, I do not see a problem with that when they could not add everything for that price in that scale :shrug_oh_well:

15 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Because the set is about Transfiguration, should her cat-form be in it too?

I definitely think so :wink:

120,130 and 250; I assume one of the "cheaper" ones are part of Hogwarts, say the 120 to make things simple.
Then Gringotts is 130 or 250. Could be both, but 130 should be enough to be in scale with DA. If it is 250 then a second building most likely is a added, but then it will compete a lot with the D2C DA about being DA if you see what I mean :shrug_oh_well: So what can the 250 be then? Hogsmeade is a possibility, but I think they will save that for a future D2C, any of the "houses" we are missing I guess are too small for that price tag. Ministry of Magic makes most sense to me, that is a sett that can be small all the way to huge depending on how much is included :classic:

The price list for the sets is certainly interesting. With the upcoming book-sets, it would be delightful for the 30$ set to be the Tales of Beedle the Bard with the Tale of the Three Brothers -scene from DH1 (minifigs: three brothers&Death). Although, making a minifigure of Death personified wouldn't probably be the first choice for Lego :D 

I'm personally terrified of the 250$ set; if it is Gringott's (and a shop/LC) I will definitely get it since the Diagon Alley needs its crown jewel; if it's Hogsmeade...well it's perhaps my favourite location in the Wizarding world and it will probably look gorgeous...therefore, I will get it for sure...and that means Gringott's is then 130 or 120$ and I'll get it too... And I thought that my Lego-spending peaked with the Diagon Alley :D 

Also, the new McGonagall looks absolutely fantastic. The quality is comparable to CMF, which is definitely surprising, considering the minifigure quality in sets this year. I really hope that we will get a new Bellatrix of the same quality in the summer wave, perhaps in the inevitable Gringott's set.

Edited by thenudeorganist

I hate to bring up an old argument again, BUT... is there a possibility that the £250 could be a microscale Hogwarts add-on to the 2018 D2C? Do we know whether the £250 price indicates whether it’s also a D2C or not? If it’s not a D2C then we can ignore my comment :P 

Edited by Scarlet_Patronus
Spelling

1 minute ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I hate to bring up an old argument again, BUT... is there a possibility that the £250 could be a microscale Hogwarts add-on to the 2018 D2C? Do we know whether the £250 price indicates whether it’s also a D2C or not? If it’s not a D2C then we can ignore my comment :P 

It's possible but highly unlikely. An addition to Diagon Alley is a complementary thing that can also stand on it's own, an expansion to the microscale Hogwarts D2C would definetely be a cool addition but it can't stand on it's own. A set like that would be ''unusable'' for anyone who doesn't have the other set.

3 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

First of all it is unlikely that it is a D2C since they do not usually leak with normal sets. Secondly I think a add-on to microscale Hogwarts is not happening for a number for reasons :tongue:

20 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

First of all it is unlikely that it is a D2C since they do not usually leak with normal sets.

The price point suggests otherwise though... Or when was the last time you’ve seen a non-D2C set above $200? :wink:

22 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Secondly I think a add-on to microscale Hogwarts is not happening for a number for reasons :tongue:

Agreed. It‘s funny to me that some people question the Super Mario add-on system (starting point: $60) while others would wholeheartedly support a Hogwarts add-on (starting point: $500) :head_back: Would be even funnier if those were the same people

One set that hasn’t been mentioned as a possibility that I think could be quite likely next year is a Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. I know we technically got one in the Clocktower set but it is really lackluster. With LEGO’s new focus on book / classroom sets, I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the new $39 sets is a copy of Magical Me that opens up to feature the DADA class with Lockhart in his blue robes, a little dragon skeleton build, and (please God) a couple little Cornish pixies.  

For anyone who hasn’t got all the sets, Zavvi has got a “Monday” sale on atm and some of the sets are discounted quite nicely (Clock tower is £70.99, down £14 from £84.99) ☺️

Excited and a bit worried about next year's list.  Personally I'd be happier if they kept a lower number of higher quality sets.  Having said that, a Gringotts expansion would be excellent - I expect it will be on a 32x32 baseplate with the front aligned with the middle of the street as in the films.

Could be either $130 or $250, I'd rather not get the underground sections/minecarts included and honestly not fussed about the dragon as think it would display better as just another building on the street.  The vaults/dragon would be better as a standalone playset in my opinion.

I'm not too excited by the books and would have liked to skip these - but they look to be well designed sets and if the McGonagall figure is anything to go by then might end up being tempted.

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The price point suggests otherwise though... Or when was the last time you’ve seen a non-D2C set above $200? :wink:

Ninjago city and a lot of technic sets on top of my head :wink:

1 minute ago, Yope said:

Personally I'd be happier if they kept a lower number of higher quality sets

I am sure there will be no problem with the quality of the sets even if there is a bigger wave than normal coming our way :wink:

Just now, Roebuck said:

I am sure there will be no problem with the quality of the sets even if there is a bigger wave than normal coming our way :wink:

I hope so!  And I have faith in the team that work on Harry Potter, I've just much preferred the Harry Potter level of quality on fewer sets than say Star Wars where it feels like there are too many sets and some really aren't great.

If FB3 keeps it's 2021 release then some of those sets could be from the movie.Even though I hope all sets are HP centric since I don't care about the FB films.

One thing I’ve learned with this series is to expect the unexpected. While I am confident that one of the three pricier sets ($250, $130, $120) will be Gringott’s and another will be the Durmstrang ship, I am not completely sold that we will be getting another big Hogwarts add-on.

As much as I would love to get the Belltowers (which is the only somewhat recognizable section of the castle left that could be a big standalone Hogwarts set), I just don’t see that happening next year. LEGO has clearly shifted gears with its sales strategy for Harry Potter and its “pattern” of releases as @Guyon2002 noted when he shared this new info.

I think it’s more likely that some of the small / medium sets will be used to “add-on” to Hogwarts - a battle scene on the Acqueduct bridge, a Chamber or Secrets, or a Forbidden Corridor. The Hogwarts set is already massive when displayed all together and the classrooms are being marketed to be a separate display system (though one could easily take them apart and build onto the back of their current display).

I have a feeling one of these more expensive sets is going to be something completely unexpected that the fans have wanted for a long time. Maybe Grimmauld Place or Malfoy Manor. Or maybe even another add-on to Diagon Alley with a couple of the shops we are missing from the D2C release - notably Eylops Owl Emporium, Madam Malkin’s, Pottages, the Leaky Cauldron, etc. That leaker from last month mentioned three Diagon Alley add-ons in 2021. If he is right, they could be Gringott’s, Borgin & Burke’s, and another set like this that features some of the missing shops.

14 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

If FB3 keeps it's 2021 release then some of those sets could be from the movie.Even though I hope all sets are HP centric since I don't care about the FB films.

Just going to point out, I know the circumstances were slightly different, but when the Hobbit movies were changed from 2-3 movies, LEGO still went ahead and released the Mirkwood Spider and Barrel sets a year ahead of the movie and labelled them as some kind of preview set. So it's not beyond the realm of possibility what you've said.

22 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

While I am confident that one of the three pricier sets ($250, $130, $120) will be Gringott’s and another will be the Durmstrang ship, I am not completely sold that we will be getting another big Hogwarts add-on.

Maybe it is because it is not high on my list, but I do not think a Durmstrang ship is coming so soon. And why change a winning team when the Hogwarts add-on are so popular? I find it more likely that it will cost more than a 100 instead of less next year :shrug_oh_well:

23 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Or maybe even another add-on to Diagon Alley with a couple of the shops we are missing from the D2C release - notably Eylops Owl Emporium, Madam Malkin’s, Pottages, the Leaky Cauldron, etc.

Would not mind that, really looking forward to see if we get DA add-ons in the future :sweet:

27 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

I honestly want them all to be HP sets since I don’t care (much) about FB either, but my wallet really hopes there’s some FB in there.

45 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Ninjago city and a lot of technic sets on top of my head :wink:

Ninjago City was a D2C set though :tongue: And Technic is its own separate beast

35 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Maybe Grimmauld Place [...]

I still fail to see the appeal. How do you turn THIS into a desirable set? It‘s purposefully made to look as drab and ordinary as possible.

340?cb=20161002171255&path-prefix=de

The interior is pretty interesting, I’ll give it that (and the appeal of a OotP Sirius is hard to deny), but that alone is not a viable option for a $130 set, at least IMO :shrug_oh_well:

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I still fail to see the appeal. How do you turn THIS into a desirable set? It‘s purposefully made to look as drab and ordinary as possible.

I see a GP set happening just not at that price point. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see something a bit bigger than Privet Drive, with a simple yet effective revealing feature and perhaps the dining room and a small hallway. 

Either that or just interior props in the AC.

30 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

340?cb=20161002171255&path-prefix=de

The interior is pretty interesting, I’ll give it that (and the appeal of a OotP Sirius is hard to deny), but that alone is not a viable option for a $130 set, at least IMO :shrug_oh_well:

I don’t know, it’s a classic London townhouse in an iconic neighborhood (Claremont Square) that I think many LEGO City collectors and LEGO Harry Potter collectors would be happy to add to their displays. Personally, I find it much more appealing than the painfully boring and middle class little house on Privet Drive. And although it’s technically not in the same area, it could even be connected to the growing Diagon Alley display system. 

claremont-square-islington-n1-london-uk-

Take a look at this gorgeous LEGO Ideas build of Grimmauld Place. You can’t tell me that this wouldn’t be appealing to Harry Potter fans, and it would be the perfect setting for the annual Christmas party that LEGO has been featuring in its sets:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/fa395293-eda9-4603-83cc-aac44c1052cb/application/2a7993f5-2abb-4c27-ad7e-2b60345883b3

Edited by sebastian666

It sounds like it's going to be a lot of amazing sets coming out next year!

I really want to have the monsters book and I hope it's not ending up to be regional exclusive.. I hope like you @Balrogofmorgoth that we get more promo set! As long they aren't regional exclusive.. I can accept If they're only avaible on store, but regional exclusive or event exclusive sets/figures removes the fun of collecting. 

I really like the new McGonagall! I hope we get Flitwick based on the later movies next year and Snape with a dress piece. 

It's amazing that they release a lot of HP lego next year :pir-love: I might stop collecting all HP set If they continue release a lot of sets every year.

That Mcgonogall looks brilliant. It’s amazing how even a small change, like adding hair to the headpiece, can really improve a figure.

53 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe it is because it is not high on my list, but I do not think a Durmstrang ship is coming so soon. And why change a winning team when the Hogwarts add-on are so popular? I find it more likely that it will cost more than a 100 instead of less next year :shrug_oh_well:

I love the Hogwarts add-on and they're some of my favourite HP sets. I hope we're getting 2 add-on, one of them could be something like whomping willow and cost under 100.

I think it's a high odds that we're getting the Dumstrang ship next year, it isn't that high on my list to. But ships are popular to many lego fans and can attract even the non-HP lego fans.

In terms of Hogwarts' exterior the only things left that I'd really like to see are the Owlery and wooden bridge. Besides those 2 I'd like all future Hogwarts sets to mainly focus on giving us fantastic interiors

16 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

one of them could be something like whomping willow and cost under 100.

Not really sure if Lego would remake the Whomping Willow so soon, although the first one was a bit underwhelming imo. I can see them doing one Hogwarts add-on, either as one of the 120ish sets or cheaper. Personally, I think that the Durmstrang ship and the Shrieking Shack could be quite likely in the 120$ price range. And of course, there's the possibility of Gringott's being one of those sets; however, I think that it is more likely to be the 250$ with the dragon and possibly the Leaky Cauldron or a shop such as Madam Malkin's. And of course, this is all very speculative and Lego will probably throw some curveballs at us.

Edited by thenudeorganist
phrasing