Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

McGonagall looks good, but why did they have to use the green outfit for the fifth time? I'd love to get the black robes for once.

Lego keeps doing a certain scene accuracy thing MOST of the time. Leaves room for different versions at later times.

I agree it seems a bit redundant, but in this case its kind of overshadowed by the quality of this figure.

16 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

McGonagall looks good, but why did they have to use the green outfit for the fifth time? I'd love to get the black robes for once.

Well, the black robes would be perfect for a Battle of Hogwarts set, so they could be saving that variant for that.

25 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

He deleted my comment after telling him to source guyon2002

I made the same comment and it looks like he deleted the entire post. Unless he just blocked me from it.

Wow, will 2021 be the best year for LEGO Harry Potter ever? Sucks we have all this news and we won’t know specifics for so long!

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

I like the hat/hair combo, to me the face looks more like Angela Lansbury. Anyone with a Bedknobs and Broomsticks MOC will be happy.

I love so much the fact that LEGO keeps improving variants that we thought couldn’t be improved anymore. It’s like, you loved it? You’ll love this one even more. 

EDIT: Except for McGonagall’s dress of course, we all knew from the beginning she needed it.

Edited by Otherworld

So, as our current leaker @Guyon2002(although my pitchfork is sharpened :wink: - nah, kidding, we know you here and you said take it with a grain of salt so if it’s not right we know it’s not your fault), I’m curious whether you knew anything about this year’s HP Wave? (Damn if you knew anything about Diagon Alley, that would have been annoying with everyone going after He Who Must Not Be Named lol)

11 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

So, as our current leaker @Guyon2002(although my pitchfork is sharpened :wink: - nah, kidding, we know you here and you said take it with a grain of salt so if it’s not right we know it’s not your fault), I’m curious whether you knew anything about this year’s HP Wave? (Damn if you knew anything about Diagon Alley, that would have been annoying with everyone going after He Who Must Not Be Named lol)

I knew there was a GWP coming but I didn't know what it was (turned out to be the MBoM). I learned about DA a short time before it was 'made public' but couldn't tell anything so that..... well it sucked :tongue: Like I said, my source prove his worth to me quite a few times :wink:

I wouldn't really consider myself a leaker though, I guess you could say I'm the voice of my source's knowledge. I don't do any of this for attention, to be honest I'm not too fond of attention seekers, I just want to keep the discussion alive and going if I can :grin:

Edited by Guyon2002
spelling mistake

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't really consider myself a leaker though, I guess you could say I'm the voice of my source's knowledge. I don't do any of this for attention, to be honest I'm not too fond of attention seekers, I just want to keep the discussion alive and going if I can :grin:

You're the leaker we need but not the leaker we deserve ?

Don't know about others, but i'm finding LEGO doing GWP promotions especially thing like Harry Potter, when you can only get it with purchases of Harry Potter really annoying when they can't get their stock problems sorted out. How are you supposed to plan and prepare a purchase that will net you the GWP when LEGO's stock is constantly running out and often taking weeks to show up again? Probably just my anxiety flaring up again. But its just a bit frustrating when promos are so limited and stock count is all over the place. Hopefully if these 20th anniversary sets pan out, they've factored in demand for once. :-)

Welp, I just paid for a copy of the new 2021 McGonagall. It'll be great to have it so far in advance, and, since I will be getting the Transfiguration Book when it releases, it'll be nice to have a spare. I think I'll display this figure in front of Privet Drive with Dumbledore and Hagrid, to reenact the first scene of the movies.

That rumored $250 set can't be Gringotts, right? 

I mean, how big can it be? It can't be a multiple-storeys building, because you wouldn't be able to display it along with the rest of the Diagon Alley which is kind of the point

If the rumor is true, then I guess it can be either Hogsmeade or the Hogwarts Quidditch field, similar to how they made the Old Trafford set.

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I mean, how big can it be? It can't be a multiple-storeys building, because you wouldn't be able to display it along with the rest of the Diagon Alley which is kind of the point

If the rumor is true, then I guess it can be either Hogsmeade or the Hogwarts Quidditch field, similar to how they made the Old Trafford set.

I hope it’s not Gringotts, Hogsmeade is a better fit for that price. A “proper” quidditch field would probably look really good, but I don’t think we need one ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I LOVE the idea of getting a bigger Quidditch field to build out the Hogwarts grounds. The 2018 version was nice but not an immediate must buy for me personally...I would have really preferred for Madame Hooch to have *yellow* eyes if we do get her in future sets. 

I love speculating what the new sets could be! I have a feeling this thread will get another 200 pages by the end of the year. 

19 minutes ago, torontolegolover said:

I love speculating what the new sets could be! I have a feeling this thread will get another 200 pages by the end of the year. 

(Belated) Welcome to Eurobricks! :sweet:

Even though my minifigure scale Hogwarts castle already fills my shelf...I am SO curious if there will be more Hogwarts expansions. Looking at the $100+ ones....I hope two of them are giant Hogwarts buildings!

Edit: Also, my worries for the sales of this theme is slowly fading. It seems more popular than ever if LEGO is producing so many sets.

WAIT...if they're "anniversary" sets, I'm afraid they may me remakes. With the Great Hall being remade many times, in my head it seems fitting to slap a 20th Anniversary banner on a remake than a Hogwarts building they've never built before.

Edited by joeee

The new McGonagall looks amazing! I didn’t expect such an upgrade for her in the sets, I had her penned in for a future CMF slot and will scrap that idea how. I can’t wait to see what they do to Flitwick! Snape in my opinion should not get a new hair  mould, I still want some continuity between the figures.

The ‘accessory pack’ is a great idea, we need more of those with new recolours and useful accessories and prints such as a Quidditch, DA or DAtDA expansion pack (keep the ‘potion bottle’ cylinders to a minimum please!). New colours for brooms would be welcome (orange and dark read for example) 

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, joeee said:

WAIT...if they're "anniversary" sets, I'm afraid they may me remakes. With the Great Hall being remade many times, in my head it seems fitting to slap a 20th Anniversary banner on a remake than a Hogwarts building they've never built before.

As of this moment the anniversary sets are only 2 GWP or Brickheadz sets. It's possible we're getting normal sets as well but from what I know atm that's not the case.

I can't stress enough that, at least right now, it's very important to keep your expectations for these anniversary things in check untill we know more about them.

28 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

The new McGonagall looks amazing! I didn’t expect such an upgrade for her in the sets, I had her penned in for a future CMF slot and will scrap that idea how. I can’t wait to see what they do to Flitwick! Snape in my opinion should not get a new hair  mould, I still want some continuity between the figures.

The ‘accessory pack’ is a great idea, we need more of those with new recolours and useful accessories and prints such as a Quidditch, DA or DAtDA expansion pack (keep the ‘potion bottle’ cylinders to a minimum please!). New colours for brooms will be welcome (orange and dark read for example) 

Snape definetely shouldn't get a new hairmold but a new set of prints would definetely be appreciated! The accessory pack is a good idea but if they really want to make this a recurring thing I'd much rather have standard battlepack-like sets. They're the same price but the accessory packs are much harder to find due to them being LEGO-exclusives and because of the build included the battlepacks would give you more bang for your buck. 

5 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Why are we still discussing the rumours on this 2020 page? These are 2021 news, isn't it time to open a diferent thread?

All rumours get discussed in this thread until the end of 2020. This isn't so much a thread for specifically harry potter sets that comes out in 2020 but also a thread that discusses anything regarding lego harry potter during the year 2020 (despite the fact that we get sidetracked and talk about non related stuff a bit but technically we otter quit that)

Edited by DNSNVN01

9 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

Hi guys,

I am little bit lost with the new sets. Are we getting any sets in January?

Yes, the four book sets and the LEGO Art Hogwarts Crest set.