Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, mark1991t said:

Because the set is about Transfiguration, should her cat-form be in it too?

*Gringotts has joined the chat*

- “I don’t know... should it?”

gotta say I did not expect these books to have any new molds (except maybe something for the actual book structure). This fig is amazing and I am very excited to see the rest.

It seems very early for January sets to leak, tho now that I think about it this is around the time the dc cmf started leaking last year. 

Do you think we’ll get updated versions of the students in the book sets at this point? Perhaps just a new face expression?

3 minutes ago, Surge said:

gotta say I did not expect these books to have any new molds (except maybe something for the actual book structure). This fig is amazing and I am very excited to see the rest.

It seems very early for January sets to leak, tho now that I think about it this is around the time the dc cmf started leaking last year. 

...Your post made me realize that the DC CMF was only this past January. It feels like years ago. 

...Also, McGonagall's alternate face leaked. It's basically just the 2018 alt. face plus glasses, so it isn't the best likeness to Maggie Smith, but that front face (and the rest of the figure, for that matter) definitely more than make up for it. This is literally the first 2021 minifigure we've seen, and yet I already have confidence this is going to be one of the best.

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

Do you think we’ll get updated versions of the students in the book sets at this point? Perhaps just a new face expression?

If they really want to "go there" they could make movie 1-2 versions of their uniforms.

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

Well, Neville will almost certainly have a new face due to being our first non-CMF young Neville, and I could see some characters that have been a bit lackluster in the past getting new faces, such as Seamus and Cho.

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

If they really want to "go there" they could make movie 1-2 versions of their uniforms.

That would be glorious. My biggest issue with the minifigures in DA is that, not only is it inaccurate for the trio to have their school cloaks in the scene, but that they aren't even the correct uniforms because they have the red trim, which wasn't added until PoA.

The figure looks so good! Could someone confirm if the hair under the hat is dark tan? This is exactly what McGonagall has needed all along, the printed skirt and a hat piece similar to the Wacky Witch one. Could it be recoloured and reused for a Sinistra figure down the line perhaps, or formal Hooch or Grubbly-Plank? 

It really whets the appetite for Flitwick, but also Sprout (new outfit? Hat without earmuffs?). No idea what they could do with Snape though! 

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

The figure looks so good! Could someone confirm if the hair under the hat is dark tan?

I cant CONFIRM, but certainly looks like it.

7 minutes ago, Seaber said:

It really whets the appetite for Flitwick, but also Sprout (new outfit? Hat without earmuffs?). No idea what they could do with Snape though! 

Unless they reuse the CMF version and change it slightly there's only really the Deathly Hallows outfit left for Sprout, I doubt we'll get that in the summer wave so fingers crossed it's included here! For Snape I'd really like to see full-black robes, never been a fan of the purple :sceptic: But seeing as Snape's DH robes are entirely black we're bound to get a new figure sometime in 2021

@minifigure_dreams is already selling the new McGonagall for $8 with $4 shipping to the US. How is that possible? They must have got their hands on a small supply of her. I have a feeling all four professors will feature new looks. Snape in his all-black robes with a black cape and a new hair mold and a face print would be a dream come true.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

For Snape I'd really like to see full-black robes, never been a fan of the purple :sceptic:

Same. Probably an unpopular opinion but I prefer the 2010 one.

6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

@minifigure_dreams is already selling the new McGonagall for $8 with $4 shipping to the US. How is that possible? They must have got their hands on a small supply of her. I have a feeling all four professors will feature new looks. Snape in his all-black robes with a black cape and a new hair mold and a face print would be a dream come true.

Well, they say they're selling the figure for that amount, but it isn't on their site and they haven't replied to my DM, so they may have just had the two shown in the pictures.

20 minutes ago, deskp said:

I cant CONFIRM, but certainly looks like it.

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Unless they reuse the CMF version and change it slightly there's only really the Deathly Hallows outfit left for Sprout, I doubt we'll get that in the summer wave so fingers crossed it's included here! For Snape I'd really like to see full-black robes, never been a fan of the purple :sceptic: But seeing as Snape's DH robes are entirely black we're bound to get a new figure sometime in 2021

nintchdbpict000286495113

She also wears this in CoS, in most scenes apart from the Herbology scene I think. I think Snape wears a big coat and scarf at the Quidditch games, and no robe at the duelling club, otherwise yeah it's all black and purple. 

Small info drop: we're getting 3 more sets in 2021.

- One of them is 40500, which is an accessory pack.

- The other two are 40495 and 40496. These 2 sets are for the anniversary but we're not sure what they are exactly, should be either GWPs or BrickHeadz sets though.

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

- The other two are 40495 and 40496. These 2 sets are for the anniversary but we're not sure what they are exactly, should be either GWPs or BrickHeadz sets though.

Interesting. I imagine GWPs, since I don't see how a Brickheadz would work for an anniversary set. 

It would be cool if one of them was like the new Charles Dickens promo, where it could be a buildable book of Philosopherceror's Stone with a scene built on top (such as Harry being left at the Dursleys, or maybe just the scene shown on the cover rendered in 3d building).

Oh, and perhaps the accessory pack could be the long-anticipated Quidditch pack?

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm thinking 40500 might be a Quidditch pack including those Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff torsos.

18 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Oh, and perhaps the accessory pack could be the long-anticipated Quidditch pack?

Thanks to the DA set, this would be an absolute no-brainer :laugh: This wouldn‘t require even a single new print

BTW, people on IG claim there are 20th anniversary sets among the summer wave, but as far as I can tell there‘s no source attached to these rumours. It‘s definitely not implausible, but still...

Edited by Lego-Freak

2021 is going to be spectacular for Lego HP. I’m so excited. I really hope to see a lot of DH sets but I also would love to see more promo sets (as long as they’re not too hard to acquire) and some sets from previous films. There will probably be FB3 sets but I hope no more than two

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

BTW, people on IG claim there are 20th anniversary sets among the summer wave, but as far as I can tell there‘s no source attached to these rumours. It‘s definitely not implausible, but still...

Maybe this is their source:

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thanks to the DA set, this would be an absolute no-brainer :laugh: This wouldn‘t require even a single new print

The original post came from lego_fans_news, who posted it shortly after contacting me about the latest info I posted. He probably took my info out of context, ran with it and is now getting copied by other leakers :hmpf: I'm not saying there definetely aren't any anniversary sets among the list I shared earlier but at this exact moment the only anniversary sets I know of are the 2 I just shared the info for.

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

He probably took my info out of context, ran with it and is now getting copied by other leakers :hmpf:

Why am I not surprised :laugh_hard: Classic lego_fans_news :drunk: