Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Also I think they could pull off a form of the vaults through facade if the set of steps that lead to the entrance went up to the second floor where the hall would be and leave the first floor as a basement with vaults etc

There are only a couple of small steps leading to the main entrance so I don't see the designers putting the entrance on the second floor. If we get the vaults but not as a part of the mine I think it'll just be a more traditional vault similar to the one included in the 2011 set. 

That's magic! Google adds the spellbinding set of Harry Potter's Diagon  Alley to its Street View service | Daily Mail Online

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

But hey, there is a bright side to this. Guessing which sets it could be based on leaked minifigs alone could be a lot of fun actually :shrug_oh_well:

We have very different definitions of fun.

Yea, the more I think about it, the more I just can’t fathom how Gringotts alone could be $250. To compare, Assembly Square is $270, and that set is massive! Maybe if it is Gringotts + a couple other shops, but Gringotts alone seems like a $130 set.

2 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

We have very different definitions of fun.

To each their own, I guess :grin: I just like riddles and hints, which is a lot more fun to me than getting a straightforward info dump. You-know-who‘s „intel“ was bogus, but at least the guessing game surrounding it was fun. Same goes for the leaked sticker sheets, which were a enjoyable distraction to me as well :sweet: But of course I can see why many people would prefer the latter and just cut to the chase 

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

To each their own, I guess :grin: I just like riddles and hints, which is a lot more fun to me than getting a straightforward info dump. You-know-who‘s „intel“ was bogus, but at least the guessing game surrounding it was fun. Same goes for the leaked sticker sheets, which were a enjoyable distraction to me as well :sweet: But of course I can see why many people would prefer the latter and just cut to the chase 

I agree, I prefer when minifigs leak before we know what the sea or figures are. It just makes it more fun than just getting all the info at once right away

A $250 Ninjago City Docks-style expansion to Diagon Alley with Gringotts and a couple other shops like Madam Malkin’s and Eeylops would be perfect to me. Personally, I think it’s too early for Hogsmeade and I’m hoping that’s not the D2C. I’m shocked we’re getting another one so soon at all, and kind of worried about how expensive HP is looking next year! 

The Monster Book GWP looks cool, it’s just such an odd choice for a free gift to me. Hopefully the play feature is interesting. 

The thing is, if Gringotts included shops with it, it would probably have to be 2 shops to keep the set symmetrical. The dream, for me, would be to have Gringotts for the end, then add 2 16x16 baseplate shops to add to each side. Then we could have a 3 building/side set up with Gringotts connecting everything.

4 hours ago, Modal said:

The thing is, if Gringotts included shops with it, it would probably have to be 2 shops to keep the set symmetrical. The dream, for me, would be to have Gringotts for the end, then add 2 16x16 baseplate shops to add to each side. Then we could have a 3 building/side set up with Gringotts connecting everything.

That sounds absolutely incredible. I imagine it'd be one more well-known shop alongside a more obscure but still interesting choice (say, Madam Malkin's or Eeylop's opposite the Apothecary or Pottage's), and that would create such a nice display piece- in fact, I'm now worried that if they reveal a set like that next spring, I'll end up putting off purchasing the main DA set for far longer, because I'll already be getting a cheaper slice of everyone's favorite magical strip mall. If after that they release just one more set with the Leaky Cauldron alongside one more shop, I think this new Diagon Alley could go down as one of LEGO's best collections.

I’m hoping if the $250 set IS Gringotts, then it better have other shops with it.

considering the size and expense of all of Diagon Alley, to only have one building at over half the cost?? Seems crazy. It would be way out of scale then.

if each booklet has the one 16x32 baseplate, each booklet would have about 1200 pieces or so, meaning $100+ each makes sense.

Either way, it would seem a bit quick to have another huge set like Hogsmeade, but alas here we are with the price listed. 

Do you guys like the book set? I feel it’s all over the place. I think they could have made a better job based on the ideas book. I know that the book of monsters is scrappy but I really feel like this set looks like something put together too quickly.. only my opinion. I’ll be glad to have it for free if the promo is interesting but I would want to modify it. 

Okay, that McGonagall might legitimately be my new favorite minifigure... PERIOD. Then again, my previous favorite had been Harris Dumbledore from CMF2, so the two best figures can go together perfectly! 

Seriously though, she looks like a CMF figure. Truly fantastic.

No reasn to doubt that is real.  These book sets can't be all reused figures.

Its particularly nice even the torso on that figure is new.

That hat seems really fat though.

Grey Dumbledore got fixed in the cmf with white hair, new mold and a skirt

Mcgonnagal gets sorted with new mold and skirt

If we're lucky we get a new Snape with new torso/leg print.

Edited by deskp

I am speechless! Not only does she use the new dress piece but a new hat/hair mould and face as well! :wub:

The print for the torso is new too.

I can't wait to see Flitwick!! :moar:

At least the books will bring us updated minifigures apart from the repetitive students!

Edited by EtelEnzos

Just now, EtelEnzos said:

The print for the torso is new too

Wow, CMF quality right there. I’m excited to see what Snape, Sprout and Flitwick look like!

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

Wow, CMF quality right there. I’m excited to see what Snape, Sprout and Flitwick look like!

Yeah, I wanna see Flitwick :)

2 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Yeah, I wanna see Flitwick :)

Me too :sweet: The prototype in the catalogue looked pretty unremarkable, but if the minifig’s on par with the new McGonagall, we‘re in for a treat!

And so the 2021 minifig leak season finally begins, bring the rest on :moar: