Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

While I do agree that we could be getting multiple DA expansions and that $250 is too low for a complete Hogsmeade but too high for an incomplete Hogsmeade, I'm pretty sure the leaker you mention was just some one-off guy on Insta with no credentials, so I'd take that with a grain of salt. 

I think Gringotts is more likely to be three floors, but that it'll have a much larger surface area, being set on a 32x32 baseplate (though the actual structure would be more like 24x24, with empty alleyway space in the front and sides). This would allow it to be the full width of the two-sided Alley, while also having the desired depth for a detailed entrance hall.

If I’m not mistaken, the guy had a big YouTube and Insta following. Bevin Bricks I think was his name. He seemed like a bit of an idiot when I DMd him though. Nice guy, just not very bright. Couldn’t remember basic details of what was “leaked” to him.

I agree with you and @Guyon2002 here - three full floors with a domed roof and a much bigger footprint makes more sense to me. I’m so excited for this set. I have a feeling it’s going to be a masterpiece.

7 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm officially taking a break from this theme.  My wallet can't withstand firepower of this magnitude!

Just stick to the hogwarts build and your wallet will be fine,  oh plus the advant calender releases, plus any other hogwarts internal build, scratch that, the wallet is still a mess lol.

I know everyone is excited for LEGO to make more sets from years 1/2 but I hope they keep he focus on DH and have at least one of the non-DH sets be based on OOTP. 

LEGO had a more scattered approach to releasing sets this year. I appreciate getting more from 1/2 and I think we have a solid amount of stuff from HBP (especially when you include the WWW module) but it's obvious OOTP was a bit neglected. I don't expect much but I would appreciate literally anything to give us a bit more from that film. 

58 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I know everyone is excited for LEGO to make more sets from years 1/2 but I hope they keep he focus on DH and have at least one of the non-DH sets be based on OOTP. 

LEGO had a more scattered approach to releasing sets this year. I appreciate getting more from 1/2 and I think we have a solid amount of stuff from HBP (especially when you include the WWW module) but it's obvious OOTP was a bit neglected. I don't expect much but I would appreciate literally anything to give us a bit more from that film. 

I have a feeling this may be the year we finally get 12 Grimmauld Place. It’s a fan-favorite OOTP set that also features pretty heavily in DH1. If my theory is correct, 12 Grimmauld Place will feature the Christmas party scene following Arthur’s attack, and the 2021 Advent Calendar will be a “Weasley Christmas” theme that can be used to enhance either the Burrow set or the new Grimmauld Place set. I just don’t see an Advent Calendar based on the Slug Club Party as a marketable option. I imagine a Grimmauld Place set would include Sirius, Harry, Kreacher, Arthur, Molly, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. The Advent Calendar could give us Fred and George.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I have a feeling this may be the year we finally get 12 Grimmauld Place. It’s a fan-favorite OOTP set that also features pretty heavily in DH1. If my theory is correct, 12 Grimmauld Place will feature the Christmas party scene following Arthur’s attack, and the 2021 Advent Calendar will be a “Weasley Christmas” theme that can be used to enhance either the Burrow set or the new Grimmauld Place set. I just don’t see an Advent Calendar based on the Slug Club Party as a marketable option. I imagine a Grimmauld Place set would include Sirius, Harry, Kreacher, Arthur, Molly, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. The Advent Calendar could give us Fred and George.

I agree with this. The $120 slot most certainly won't be another big Hogwarts section (since we're already most certainly getting one already in the $130 set, or vice versa), and the only other set I can think of at that price value that we haven't had yet is the Durmstrang Ship, and I've given my thoughts previously on why that doesn't seem all too likely just yet. (I also suppose it could be a DA expansion, but I think a $250 Gringotts is enough for one wave.) 

As for the calendar, seeing as our options are Grimmauld Place/Burrow or making even more pointless Slug Club figures, Weasleys are the obvious choice. As for specific selection, I think Grimmauld Place could have Harry, Ron, Ginny, Hermione, Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, Mad-Eye, and Kreacher; while the Calendar could feature Harry, Sirius (Christmas ver.), Molly, Arthur, and, of course, the hotly anticipated and hopefully finally coming Fred & George in their Weasley sweaters. 

An Instagram user claims that the 250$ set will be a modular-like Hogsmeade, while Gringotts will be the 120$ set.

If true, I think I prefer it that way. I'd rather spend 120$ and get a nice facade to go with the DA, insteadd of the whole shebang with the vault, mine carts, dragon, etc.

Don't know about the reliability of this user, though.

I think it's a bit of a cheat for Lego to make a really expensive Diagon Alley set, which should be the definitive set, leave out buildings like Gringotts and the Leaky Cauldron, only to sell them individually later.

3 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I could see this. The past AC’s actually added stuff. The first one, to fill up the GH/Castle & this year’s for the Ball, more than just a dance floor & a couple tables is warranted I’d say. But for the Slug Club party...I can’t think of any worthwhile builds appropriate in the AC. 

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

An Instagram user claims that the 250$ set will be a modular-like Hogsmeade, while Gringotts will be the 120$ set.

If true, I think I prefer it that way. I'd rather spend 120$ and get a nice facade to go with the DA, insteadd of the whole shebang with the vault, mine carts, dragon, etc.

Ditto. If it came down to it, I’d rather be sure to get Gringotts to add to DA & potentially miss out on Hogsmeade. Like you, id rather just have the building. Then have the dragon be it’s own set, the details would be better off that way too. 

Edited by Vindicare

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

No.... not a Hogsmead... keep them for later, I need proper Gringotts an other shops in DA ( rather than boring facade) ...

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Don’t believe a random instagramer 

Ever feel like we’ve been in this situation before? ?

14 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Ever feel like we’ve been in this situation before? ?

Well kinda yes and no. This really is an exceptional situation as we rarely (if ever) have setnumbers and prices this early. But I can confirm that absolutely nothing is known about the sets other than what's already been shared so in this instance Falconfan is definetely right. That doesn't mean this guy can't be right ofc but that doesn't really mean much as the Potter sets are often quite easy to predict. Not long after I posted the list I said Gringotts could be one of the sets priced around the $100 mark and Hogsmeade for $250, Instagram ''leakers'' present suggestions and speculation like that as fact so often it's also possible that this once again happened here. 

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well kinda yes and no. This really is an exceptional situation as we rarely (if ever) have setnumbers and prices this early. But I can confirm that absolutely nothing is known about the sets other than what's already been shared so in this instance Falconfan is definetely right. That doesn't mean this guy can't be right ofc but that doesn't really mean much as the Potter sets are often quite easy to predict. Not long after I posted the list I said Gringotts could be one of the sets priced around the $100 mark and Hogsmeade for $250, Instagram ''leakers'' present suggestions and speculation like that as fact so often it's also possible that this once again happened here. 

Yeah I was just messing about tbh. Personally I’m not sure I’d want Gringotts to be that huge, and think they could get plenty out of a $120 set. Still, exciting to get info this early so thank you :)

Do you think a Hogsmeade could be microscale? :wink:

18 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Yeah I was just messing about tbh. Personally I’m not sure I’d want Gringotts to be that huge, and think they could get plenty out of a $120 set. Still, exciting to get info this early so thank you :)

I have to agree. With the way they've designed DA there's not really a way to properly add the tracks, ''colosseum'' and vaults without it looking weird so if we just get a facade for Gringotts with the big hall as the interior and the Ukranian Ironbelly that's already enough for me. A $250 Hogsmeade set sounds much more promising to me atm. 

19 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

*shotgun click*

20 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Personally I’m not sure I’d want Gringotts to be that huge, and think they could get plenty out of a $120 set.

I agree. $120 would be more than enough for a decent facade, interior, + Ukrainian Ironbelly :thumbup:

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I have to agree. With the way they've designed DA there's not really a way to properly add the tracks, ''colosseum'' and vaults without it looking weird so if we just get a facade for Gringotts with the big hall as the interior and the Ukranian Ironbelly that's already enough for me. A $250 Hogsmeade set sounds much more promising to me atm. 

41 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

*shotgun click*

I agree. $120 would be more than enough for a decent facade, interior, + Ukrainian Ironbelly :thumbup:

would like a vault though. It wouldn’t have to be correct in terms of the films/books and could just be through a doorway in the back that leads to some rocky path and a vault. But I’d like a little something.

I could see them doing Gringotts with the facade, atrium and Ironbelly as one set that scales with DA, and then some tracks and a vault as another set that can connect to the back or be displayed separately. Then again the fact that we got PS Diagon Alley outfit as an exclusive minifigure in DA would, to my thinking, rule out a set with tracks, cart and vault based on PS. There's really no alternate version of PS Harry they could include in that set. So that would mean they would need to base the figures in DH. So then they would have to spread DH Ron, Hermione, Harry, Griphook etc over the two sets and I could see them doing that by including Harry in both sets and then polyjuiced Ron and Hermione with the cart set and unpolyjuiced Ron and Hermione with the main set and Griphook and Bogrod with either one or spread over the two.

The only thing that annoys me about the list is that we have no idea when we will learn about the actual sets :sceptic: Since the toy fairs have all been cancelled or postponed, there‘s the possibility we can only start to make educated guesses once the minifigs start leaking late February/ early March.

Our only other options are the 2HY retailer catalogue or an event TLG host themselves to replace their toy fair booths. The former is pretty unlikely given the code names they‘ve used these last three years. Sure, the 1HY catalogue leaked, but something tells me that particular source won‘t ever receive another catalogue again in their lives :laugh_hard:

The latter is pretty unlikely too IMO. I‘m not sure how many people in the toy industry would really care about an online showcase. Of course we would, but we were never the target audience for these events anyway :grin:

But hey, there is a bright side to this. Guessing which sets it could be based on leaked minifigs alone could be a lot of fun actually :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I could see them doing Gringotts with the facade, atrium and Ironbelly as one set that scales with DA, and then some tracks and a vault as another set that can connect to the back or be displayed separately. Then again the fact that we got PS Diagon Alley outfit as an exclusive minifigure in DA would, to my thinking, rule out a set with tracks, cart and vault based on PS. There's really no alternate version of PS Harry they could include in that set. So that would mean they would need to base the figures in DH. So then they would have to spread DH Ron, Hermione, Harry, Griphook etc over the two sets and I could see them doing that by including Harry in both sets and then polyjuiced Ron and Hermione with the cart set and unpolyjuiced Ron and Hermione with the main set and Griphook and Bogrod with either one or spread over the two.

Thing with Griphook is that we already got that exact version in the CMF. I guess they could reuse that figure and change the face slightly but that would be extremely lame :sceptic:

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thing with Griphook is that we already got that exact version in the CMF. I guess they could reuse that figure and change the face slightly but that would be extremely lame :sceptic:

Dobby approves :sweet:

20 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Dobby approves :sweet:

I know but Dobby was most likely included in the first CMF because they wanted to include as many big characters as possible just in case the theme would die off quickly. In the case of Griphook it wouldn't make much sense to put him in a CMF and include almost the exact same figure in a normal set a year later. 

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I know but Dobby was most likely included in the first CMF because they wanted to include as many big characters as possible just in case the theme would die off quickly. In the case of Griphook it wouldn't make much sense to put him in a CMF and include almost the exact same figure in a normal set a year later. 

Thing is, I don't think you can really have a Gringotts set without including Griphook. But it wouldn't really make sense to include PS Griphook without PS Harry and as PS Harry was included as a DA exclusive I feel like that rules out PS Griphook. So then it would have to be DH Griphook, but I agree that the inclusion of him in the CMF doesn't really make much sense then. ?

On 10/15/2020 at 5:26 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Back again with some more breadcrumbs (well.... they're a bit larger than crumbs) from my good friend. Looks like a ''pattern'' will be broken next year :excited:

76386 - $19,99

76387 - $39,99

76388 - $79,99

76389 - $129,99

76390 - $39,99

76391 - $249,99

76392 - $59,99

76393 - $119,99

76394 - $39,99

76395 - $29,99

I said it in my previous ''info dump'' and I'll repeat it here: I trust my source completely and he's proven himself many times before (even if in those cases I couldn't share anything here on EB). But as always, don't immediately take these prices as fact and apply the usual grain of salt :wink:

Dear financial advisor,  

Is it a good idea to take me a 2nd mortgage out on my house to buy Harry Potter lego?

Sincerely,

Mr. Lacdaran

52 minutes ago, Lacdaran said:

Dear financial advisor,  

Is it a good idea to take me a 2nd mortgage out on my house to buy Harry Potter lego?

Sincerely,

Mr. Lacdaran

Dear Mr. Lacdaran

Absolutely. Here at REALLY BAD FINANCIAL ADVISE Ltd we always encourage any financial moves that will allow the acquisition of more Lego.

Sincerely,

Mr Wrong

Financial Advisor

I think there's definitely a possibility that not all of these sets are minifig scale harry potter

some will be fantastic beasts sets potentially

and maybe another set like hedwig but with another animal or the hogwarts express as a UCS 

Also I think they could pull off a form of the vaults through facade if the set of steps that lead to the entrance went up to the second floor where the hall would be and leave the first floor as a basement with vaults etc