Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

how much are we gonna have to spend for the GWP? I already bought all of the sets and I do not have anywhere to put duplicate sets.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they were they would've leaked alongside the 4 books. It's definetely the main summer wave (and probably an extra autumn wave as well) 

Sweet thanks for clarifying and thanks for the leak! Was worried for a moment that my wallet would have to endure a second wave as this one is a monster. 

18 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

how much are we gonna have to spend for the GWP? I already bought all of the sets and I do not have anywhere to put duplicate sets.

It's a pretty large thing so I expect it to be $100, same as the Hagrid & Buckbeak Brickheadz

“They will definitely want to sell Gringotts separately so more people can afford it who don’t want to buy Diagon Alley”

Sells for $250 :laugh:

Bigger the better for me, and I’m totally happy that we’ll get a deserving Gringotts, but sucks for the people who wanted something affordable

Honestly, I am so excited for that set. Diagon Alley as it stands now doesn’t feel quite there yet in my opinion. It definitely needs a bit more to display better.

Edited by Modal

If it's £100 to get MBOM then I still need the Burrow and either an extra student pack or extra RoR. Great! I should be fine as long as what I want is in stock ... and stocks of the GWP hold until payday ten days after launch :cry_sad:

What will be will be I suppose 

49 minutes ago, Modal said:

“They will definitely want to sell Gringotts separately so more people can afford it who don’t want to buy Diagon Alley”

Sells for $250 :laugh:

Bigger the better for me, and I’m totally happy that we’ll get a deserving Gringotts, but sucks for the people who wanted something affordable

Honestly, I am so excited for that set. Diagon Alley as it stands now doesn’t feel quite there yet in my opinion. It definitely needs a bit more to display better.

Yeah I’m hoping it isn’t just DA and that maybe a Borgin and Burkes or Leaky Cauldron is in there as well. $250 is more than half of DA, and while Gringotts is one of the bigger buildings, it shouldn’t be more than half of DA big. Personally as is rn, DA is in my top 5 favorite sets but with Gringott’s can definitely knock the Ewok Village from first.

Edited by RODDY

I am curious, if they add there Borkin and Burkes, how it will be connected to the set, especially to hat "Knockturn Alley" archway part, since all of DA buildings are opened from backside. Fingers crossed for Leaky Cauldron and Big and complete Gringotts with White Dragon (hopefully moulded and not brickbuild).

Edited by Blazej_Holen

I honestly think people are looking too much into the Knockturn Alley expansion. It wouldn’t make sense for the display, and the sign that’s part of the DA set is probably just a nod to the street with no expectation of adding to it.

For $250 do you think the Gringotts could include one or two extra shops? Perhaps Madam Malkin’s and Eeylops?

Edited by Modal

21 minutes ago, Modal said:

I honestly think people are looking too much into the Knockturn Alley expansion. It wouldn’t make sense for the display, and the sign that’s part of the DA set is probably just a nod to the street with no expectation of adding to it.

For $250 do you think the Gringotts could include one or two extra shops? Perhaps Madam Malkin’s and Eeylops?

I still think/hope Gringotts is the $130 set and the $250 one is a D2C Hogsmeade with the Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes, Zonko's and the Hog's Head 

I just hope one of these is in fact Gringotts -- I'm thinking of selling my 10217 but it would be a shame to get rid of it and have no replacement.

10 minutes ago, kelano said:

I just hope one of these is in fact Gringotts -- I'm thinking of selling my 10217 but it would be a shame to get rid of it and have no replacement.

The designers for DA said that Gringotts was never considered for the set, the most iconic building in the alley? Never considered? That's pretty much confirmation that it was already planned as it's own thing :wink:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't forget the 3 books :wink:

Whoops :blush: Numbers 3, 4 , and 5 then :tongue:

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The designers for DA said that Gringotts was never considered for the set, the most iconic building in the alley? Never considered? That's pretty much confirmation that it was already planned as it's own thing :wink:

This also implies there‘s a reason they never considered it in the first place, and personally I think it‘s a fiery one, if you catch my drift :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hard to argue with that :)

16 hours ago, 51515 said:

This is sweet!

I seriously love that he quotes “internet” as reference :laugh: reminds me of highschool students making reference to “Google” :laugh_hard: 

Wasn’t there a leaker who said we’d be getting a few Diagon Alley expansions? I think Gringott’s makes sense as the $250 set - I imagine it being 4 stories tall (so roughly 2 of the 2-story modulars that are ~$100 a piece in the D2C Diagon Alley) plus a sweet dragon build and some minecart play features comes to $250. I also think one or two of the $80 - $100 sets will probably be Borgin & Burke’s and/or Eylops Owl Emporium with either Pottages or Madam Malkin’s. As much as I would love a D2C Hogsmeade for $250, I don’t see that happening. With the Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes, Hog’s Head, Zonkos, and the Shrieking Shack, they could easily make that another $400 set in 2022. 

Edited by sebastian666

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Wasn’t there a leaker who said we’d be getting a few Diagon Alley expansions? I think Gringott’s makes sense as the $250 set - I imagine it being 4 stories tall (so roughly 2 of the 2-story modulars that are ~$100 a piece in the D2C Diagon Alley) plus a sweet dragon build and some minecart play features comes to $250. I also think one or two of the $80 - $100 sets will probably Borgin & Burke’s and/or Eylops Owl Emporium with either Pottages or Madam Malkin’s. As much as I would love a D2C Hogsmeade for $250, I don’t see that happening. With the Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes, Hog’s Head, Zonkos, and the Shrieking Shack, they could easily make that another $400 set in 2022. 

Hmm, I think if you do 4 floors it might not look that great alongside the rest of DA. If they do 3 full floors and then the domed roof on top I think it would be the perfect height, remember that the third floor on WWW is smaller than all the other floors in the set.

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Wasn’t there a leaker who said we’d be getting a few Diagon Alley expansions? I think Gringott’s makes sense as the $250 set - I imagine it being 4 stories tall (so roughly 2 of the 2-story modulars that are ~$100 a piece in the D2C Diagon Alley) plus a sweet dragon build and some minecart play features comes to $250. I also think one or two of the $80 - $100 sets will probably be Borgin & Burke’s and/or Eylops Owl Emporium with either Pottages or Madam Malkin’s. As much as I would love a D2C Hogsmeade for $250, I don’t see that happening. With the Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes, Hog’s Head, Zonkos, and the Shrieking Shack, they could easily make that another $400 set in 2022. 

While I do agree that we could be getting multiple DA expansions and that $250 is too low for a complete Hogsmeade but too high for an incomplete Hogsmeade, I'm pretty sure the leaker you mention was just some one-off guy on Insta with no credentials, so I'd take that with a grain of salt. 

I think Gringotts is more likely to be three floors, but that it'll have a much larger surface area, being set on a 32x32 baseplate (though the actual structure would be more like 24x24, with empty alleyway space in the front and sides). This would allow it to be the full width of the two-sided Alley, while also having the desired depth for a detailed entrance hall.

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hmm, I think if you do 4 floors it might not look that great alongside the rest of DA. If they do 3 full floors and then the domed roof on top I think it would be the perfect height, remember that the third floor on WWW is smaller than all the other floors in the set.

I think you’re right here. Three full floors plus the domed roof would be perfect. It’s also how they’ve designed the Gringott’s that appears in Universal’s Wizarding World.

1280px-Diagon_Alley3.jpg

So with Gringotts we’ll have a nice down-street view with two buildings on each side and then Gringotts covering the back. Now I just wish we had something resembling Leaky Cauldron on the other side.