Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Thank you @Guyon2002! This news made my week. So excited to have something to talk about on this forum again. Here are my predictions:

76386 - $19,99 Forest of Dean Lake w/ Doe Patronus

76387 - $39,99 Bill & Fleur’s Wedding Tent

76388 - $79,99 Borgin & Burke’s & Pottages

76389 - $129,99 The Durmstrang Ship & Lake Task

76390 - $39,99 Niffler Creature Build

76391 - $249,99 Gringott’s Bank w/ Ukrainian Iron Belly Dragon

76392 - $59,99 Battle of Hogwarts Scene on Viaduct w/ Troll

76393 - $119,99 #12 Grimmauld Place

76394 - $39,99 2021 Advent Calendar - Weasley Themed

76395 - $29,99 Hagrid’s magic motorcycle, Death Eaters, Voldemort

Hmm, interesting that it did turn out to be real but if I'm gonna be honest I'd have to say I don't really like the way it looks :sceptic:

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hmm, interesting that it did turn out to be real but if I'm gonna be honest I'd have to say I don't really like the way it looks :sceptic:

Agreed, it looks less like a book and more like......some weird boom box?!?  It needed fewer varying brown tones and 'sections' so it was more consistent across the cover, really does not look much like the actual book in the film and looks like a bunch of random bits stuck together.  I am pretty much a completist with these sets but this is my first hard no in a long time.

image.png.e800722eb5ce79d8edb1e342c4c1fc06.png

This line is getting outrageously expensive if these rumored prices are true (and I mean overall cost to have them all). 250$, I did not expect another D2C (or quasi-D2C like Ninjago City Docks) already. By bet is on Hogsmeade, but I also wouldn't mind Gringotts with a very deep underground section to fit the roller coaster tracks and the Ironbelly that's on par with the Ninjago dragons

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hmm, interesting that it did turn out to be real but if I'm gonna be honest I'd have to say I don't really like the way it looks 

Same here. Don't mind the stickers for the title and eyes, it's just that the build around them doesn't even try to resemble the actual prop. It could a deliberate choice due to the play feature, but still not a good looking thing.

Hi everyone, 
I have been lurking here since april, can't believe thats already 300 pages ago! I was a full on lego-rookie until I got the Whomping Willow set for my 28th birthday. And well, I got almost all the sets of the 2018-2020 waves by now! One of the benefits of being an adult while getting into lego :) It has been a blast so far and I learned a lot about the theme and the lego-world from you guys on this thread!

Quick question (I'm very sorry if it has been asked before): When is the DA D2C coming to other stores (so stops being exclusive to lego S@H). Because there's a small business-lego shop I would love to support with this purchase but I also kinda want to have DA before Christmas. I asked the shop itself but he had no idea yet. The Hogwarts microscale D2C is available at many stores now, so I assume DA will be treated the same? 

3 minutes ago, Rooos said:

Quick question (I'm very sorry if it has been asked before): When is the DA D2C coming to other stores (so stops being exclusive to lego S@H). Because there's a small business-lego shop I would love to support with this purchase but I also kinda want to have DA before Christmas. I asked the shop itself but he had no idea yet. The Hogwarts microscale D2C is available at many stores now, so I assume DA will be treated the same? 

It usually takes half a year for other stores to start selling D2C's but most stores will end up selling it for a higher price than LEGO themselves

And welcome to EB btw :excited:

@Guyon2002  Aah thanks! That means I have a hard choice to make... Very excited about the rumours about the 2020 sets. Although my wallet isn't :snicker:

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Back again with some more breadcrumbs (well.... they're a bit larger than crumbs) from my good friend. Looks like a ''pattern'' will be broken next year :excited:

76386 - $19,99

76387 - $39,99

76388 - $79,99

76389 - $129,99

76390 - $39,99

76391 - $249,99

76392 - $59,99

76393 - $119,99

76394 - $39,99

76395 - $29,99

I said it in my previous ''info dump'' and I'll repeat it here: I trust my source completely and he's proven himself many times before (even if in those cases I couldn't share anything here on EB). But as always, don't immediately take these prices as fact and apply the usual grain of salt :wink:

Seems like that came out of nowhere... :tongue:

In all seriousness... the number of sets were waaaaaay more than expected...

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It usually takes half a year for other stores to start selling D2C's but most stores will end up selling it for a higher price than LEGO themselves

And welcome to EB btw :excited:

Not necessarily... in US other stores sells D2C sets for the same price. Not sure about other regions though.

Wait, this thing is real after all? *huh* Well, my sincere apologies to the leaker(s) I didn‘t believe :blush:

2 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Is the MBOM a GWP set for any particular month/day? 

I guess November, like the DA GWP in 2018 :classic:

Boy, am I glad I waited with purchasing Diagon Alley. At least this set has an exclusive sticker sheet. My patience payed off for once. That being said, it's not too desirable. But it's a funny display piece either way.

Now for the price list. I fear this is going to be the first year I will miss out on stuff. Just can't keep up with all the themes anymore

Extra info regarding the MBoM from Stonewars (this is for the Shanghai release btw): 

- Available from October 15th to November 15th

- Only at LEGOLAND Discovery Centers

- Requirement is 1399 Chinese yuan (roughly 178 euro) and only HP sets count towards your total

Requirements will most likely differ in other countries but if it's really this hard to get I'm definetely skipping it :tongue:

Just now, RODDY said:

So are all these sets dropping in Winter? 

If they were they would've leaked alongside the 4 books. It's definetely the main summer wave (and probably an extra autumn wave as well) 

9 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I’m with you guys. While I appreciate more HP, I rather liked the more affordable waves. I snuck DA in this year, but if what next year looks like continues...I fear it may fall off for me, much like SW. Other themes & sets have already been kicked to the curb in favor of getting all of HP. 

And there's some affordable sets, too... :wink:

29 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I need that MBOM GWP. Problem is, I’ve bought all the HP sets already this year. I’ll figure something out

Yeah, same problem here. 

I'm officially taking a break from this theme.  My wallet can't withstand firepower of this magnitude!

If @Guyon2002’s price list is accurate, maybe I shouldn’t be disappointed that the latest Ideas results was naff... sounds like they’re continuing to go all out with this theme. Also sounds like there’s too many sets there to just be Deathly Hallows plus FB3 - so hopefully they’re really going back and filling in the gaps.

I’ve got Clock Tower and Beauxbaton’s Carriage left of the 2018/19 HP sets (excluding Hogwarts), and Room of Requirement, Hedwig, the Burrow, Diagon Alley and the Advent Calendar of 2020 still to get. But I think even if next year is more expensive, it’ll be much less than what I’ve spent in total over the last 9 months!

(I haven’t spoken on here for a while. I am currently building the Treehouse, which I finally caved and bought, and am totally loving all the details! I also think it’d make a better Whomping Willow than the existing one

3 minutes ago, LegoNetherlands said:

Hi,

Is Draco the minifigure that comes with the MBOM GWP? Sorry, limited eyesight!

Yes it's Draco. :)

Even though there’s nothing exclusive about Draco, it’s still an interesting minifig: Year1+2 hair, year3+4 legs, and year6 face :laugh: And it’s only the second set without Harry