Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

@Guyon2002 Salt applied, that's an expensive wave, but I'm totally there for it. I'm thinking $120 / $130 are the castle section and maybe Gringotts and then $250 could be a decent Durmstrang ship. Or do you think the $250 is Gringotts?

I thought Gringotts would be cheaper... so it could be compatible with 75978...

And here I was thinking 2021 was gonna be a small wave compared to this year.:laugh_hard:

$250 set is definitely Gringotts since it probably will be a similar size to WWW and most definitely include the IronBelly dragon.

Just now, 7982Brick2 said:

And here I was thinking 2021 was gonna be a small wave compared to this year.:laugh_hard:

$250 set is definitely Gringotts since it probably will be a similar size to WWW and most definitely include the IronBelly dragon.

??? yes please!

3 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I was thinking the same thing! Although, i was never going to get Hogwarts Castle or Buckbeak. But i was at 100% for the minifig scale. What kind of sucks is that it was actually seeming like it WAS an affordable theme to collect. Im fearing it becoming like Star Wars.

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Yeah, it does rather suck, doesn't it? I have every set from 2018 and 2019, including big boi Hogwarts, and I'll have every 2020 set once I get my hands on DA and the rest of the CMF. But, unfortunately it looks like the January wave will be the last that I'll be able to 100%.

I’m with you guys. While I appreciate more HP, I rather liked the more affordable waves. I snuck DA in this year, but if what next year looks like continues...I fear it may fall off for me, much like SW. Other themes & sets have already been kicked to the curb in favor of getting all of HP. 

Those £100+ Sets are really intriguing! If this is true Lego must be very sure of the adult audience for the theme, which is unsurprising given the series is twenty years old now! 

I can’t help but feel like it’s too soon for Hogsmede considering we just got Diagon Alley though a Prisoner of Azkaban set with another Whomping Willow, the Shrieking Shack, Honeydukes and the Theee Broomsticks would be amazing 

In order of likelihood I think the larger sets could be: 

1: a Diagon Alley expansion 

2: a big Battle of Hogwarts set 

3: a UCS miniature Hogwarts expansion with the Clock and Astronomy Towers 

4 Hogsmede 

5 Just a giant Gringotts Set (no other DA buildings) 

6 Durmstrang ship 

Please do take in mind that similar to the Jurassic World setnumbers some of these sets might be based on FB3 and will most likely be delayed, just spitballing here btw.

Cheers for the info Guyon, salt duly applied :) 

Assuming that the seven sets up to 79.99 are DH with one or two missing sets from older films thrown in, the bigger three are interesting. 

Chamber of Secrets, Philosopher's Stone Chambers, Ministry of Magic and Grimmauld Place could all fit into the 100+ price range. Hogsmeade has also been mentioned for the largest set, but what about a 'UCS' Hogwarts minifig scale area? 

Very impressive list, I have to say *oh2* If this was the final wave, they‘d go out with a bang (unlike the semi-whimper in 2011), but there‘s no reason to assume that of course. I was quite surprised at first at the amount of sets, but then I realised that next year marks the 20 year anniversary of PS plus the 10th anniversary of DHII. So I wouldn‘t be surprised if the sets were mainly based on these two films (plus DHI ofc).

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I realised that next year marks the 20 year anniversary of PS plus the 10th anniversary of DHII. So I wouldn‘t be surprised if the sets were mainly based on these two films (plus DHI ofc).

Very interesting point! Things like Gringotts and Hagrid's Motorbike appear in both those films (well a DH film, anyway) which is nice.

There is a lot of creature possibility in say a Troll in the Dungeon set or the Forbidden Forest (unicorn, Firenze, FANG!, maybe even Norbert),as well as the obvious PS chambers set with Fluffy. 

29 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Cheers for the info Guyon, salt duly applied :) 

Assuming that the seven sets up to 79.99 are DH with one or two missing sets from older films thrown in, the bigger three are interesting. 

Chamber of Secrets, Philosopher's Stone Chambers, Ministry of Magic and Grimmauld Place could all fit into the 100+ price range. Hogsmeade has also been mentioned for the largest set, but what about a 'UCS' Hogwarts minifig scale area? 

Sorry, but what do you mean by a UCS minifig scale area?

Just now, chris6507 said:

Sorry, but what do you mean by a UCS minifig scale area?

I think he's referring to a normal Hogwarts set (like the Great Hall, Astronomy Tower and Clocktower) but just on a much bigger scale

I don‘t think there‘s an iconic enough section of  the castle missing that would justify a $250 set :shrug_oh_well: Unless it includes the Great Hall, but that one just got off the EOL chopping block again, and I‘d rather get new stuff before they go down the remake route

Edited by Lego-Freak

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant, I was thinking a bigger version of the Great Hall for example. I had no idea it's not being retired anymore though, which sort of suggests that wouldn't be a goer! 

19 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant, I was thinking a bigger version of the Great Hall for example. I had no idea it's not being retired anymore though, which sort of suggests that wouldn't be a goer! 

It‘s not the only HP set that has been saved from the executioner (Macnair?). I think the only ones still reaching their EOL this year are Rise of Voldy, the Beauxbaton carriage, Quidditch, and the Hungarian Horntail :classic:

@Guyon2002: Is there a specific reason your source allowed you to share the information this time? Are they getting adventurous? :laugh:  *insert „I‘m in danger“ Ralph meme here*

Edited by Lego-Freak

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Guyon2002: Is there a specific reason your source allowed you to share the information this time? Are they getting adventurous? :laugh:  *insert „I‘m in danger“ Ralph meme here*

He's not an established leaker so while he wanted to share info himself this thread has a tendency of ''attacking'' leakers with new accounts, not to mention all the crap we've gotten from people like He Who Must Not Be Named and He Who Must Not Be Named II. Untill now he always told me not to share these leaks but it wasn't untill recently when I asked wether I could share them here or not. Given the fact I've been here a while and we assumed people would be quicker to believe me (active user, 5000+ posts) than a newbie account he gave me the go-ahead. The main reason we put this info out there now is the recent ''draught'' in discussion on a thread that has always been incredibly active. 

That’s a lot of sets! I agree it is probably 2 separate waves, which would make sense given the variety of price points. Are the four book sets numbered before these? I think a mix mostly of DH and PS sets is most likely as people say

Here are my guesses: 

76386 - $19,99 Hagrid's Motorcycle (7 potters escape) 

76387 - $39,99 Troll in the Bathroom

76388 - $79,99 Durmstrang Ship

76389 - $129,99 Battle of Hogwarts (Bell towers and boat house).

76390 - $39,99 Buildable creature. Nifler? Or a small version of Xenophilius Lovegood’s house 

76391 - $249,99 Gringots Bank & Dragon

76392 - $59,99 Malfoy Manor

76393 - $119,99 Forbidden Corridor (PS challenges)

76394 - $39,99 Lake Task 

76395 - $29,99 Voldermort in the Forbidden Forest (PS, with Firenze)

I expect we will be very surprised with the true reveals, for example there may actually be a ‘Party’ set somewhere in order to prop up the next Advent Calendar 

@Guyon2002: That makes a lot of sense. Thank you and your source for providing this information, much appreciated! :sweet:

@Bugbot20082: I like your ideas, but shouldn‘t the AC already be part of the set list, most likely 76394? :laugh: You‘re also bringing up a good point with the Niffler. There‘s no way Hedwig will remain the only creature build in this theme (cf. Star Wars where this has become a yearly or even semi-yearly thing) and a Niffler would be the perfect choice :thumbup:

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

My guess would be either Gringotts or Hogsmeade

Oh yes forgot about Hogsmeade. I suppose I thought that would be left for a year or so as we got similar in DA this year. That being said, we could get a Shrieking Shack / Honeydukes / Three Broomsticks combo with the figures based on POA. It would make the 'boring' (but really well printed) Ron and Hermione from this year's CMF make sense; the figure choices usually makes sense when you pair them with the sets released around them. Of course there is also the Chamber of Secrets, but I'm thinking that may be one of the $100 ish sets. 

Well your insta famous now @Guyon2002 ?Although remember, if you have been playing the long game and turn out to be He Who Must Not Be Named 3.0 we have out pitchforks sharpened and ready. ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Untill now he always told me not to share these leaks but it wasn't untill recently when I asked wether I could share them here or not.

A philosophical argument - are they even leaks if they are not shared? :-)

15 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Well your insta famous now @Guyon2002 ?Although remember, if you have been playing the long game and turn out to be He Who Must Not Be Named 3.0 we have out pitchforks sharpened and ready. ?

Now that would be a twist worthy of Shyamalan :laugh: I‘ve heard roasted parakeets are quite tasty :devil: 

1 minute ago, MAB said:

A philosophical argument - are they even leaks if they are not shared? :-)

Even if it's not widely spread it's still out there in places it shouldn't be :wink:

Well it’s certainly an impressive list, but it would mean I have to cut back even more on other themes, particularly SW. I already gave up Marvel almost entirely 

18 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Don't worry, I've got my backup accounts ready :laugh_hard:

17 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Oh yes forgot about Hogsmeade. I suppose I thought that would be left for a year or so as we got similar in DA this year. That being said, we could get a Shrieking Shack / Honeydukes / Three Broomsticks combo with the figures based on POA. It would make the 'boring' (but really well printed) Ron and Hermione from this year's CMF make sense; the figure choices usually makes sense when you pair them with the sets released around them. Of course there is also the Chamber of Secrets, but I'm thinking that may be one of the $100 ish sets. 

What worries me is that the Three Broomsticks would have better figures if it was based on the Half-Blood Prince version than the Prisoner of Azkaban. In PoA, there's Fudge, Hagrid and McGonagall but I don't remember any of them being different from the variants we already have. Obviously the main trio as well, but the only truly unique figure that would fit is Madam Rosmerta. Compare that to the Half-Blood Prince, where on top of Rosmerta there'd also be room for a Katie Bell minifigure - in fact, I'd argue that such a set is the only realistic place Katie might turn up in a set, unless they decide for some reason to release the entire Gryffindor Quidditch team. The thing is, all of the main trio's HBP variants were in the CMF series, and they're not going to put CMF releases unchanged into sets released the following year. Which means a HBP Three Broomsticks would have Rosmerta, Katie Bell and a Slughorn variant (and maybe Malfoy) - not enough of a draw to sell the set to anybody but completionists, especially since it's a minor location at best anyway.

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

What worries me is that the Three Broomsticks would have better figures if it was based on the Half-Blood Prince version than the Prisoner of Azkaban. In PoA, there's Fudge, Hagrid and McGonagall but I don't remember any of them being different from the variants we already have. Obviously the main trio as well, but the only truly unique figure that would fit is Madam Rosmerta. Compare that to the Half-Blood Prince, where on top of Rosmerta there'd also be room for a Katie Bell minifigure - in fact, I'd argue that such a set is the only realistic place Katie might turn up in a set, unless they decide for some reason to release the entire Gryffindor Quidditch team. The thing is, all of the main trio's HBP variants were in the CMF series, and they're not going to put CMF releases unchanged into sets released the following year. Which means a HBP Three Broomsticks would have Rosmerta, Katie Bell and a Slughorn variant (and maybe Malfoy) - not enough of a draw to sell the set to anybody but completionists, especially since it's a minor location at best anyway.

If LEGO makes Hogsmeade or just the Three Broomsticks I think we're more likely to get these variants: 

Picture of Daniel Radcliffe in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince -  daniel-radcliffe-1315352052.jpg | Teen Idols 4 You