Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

But it's brick built...

The Ideas set is emulating a pop up book and is basically a display item that caters to a different audience. As a result I can't say it's overly comparable to the other sets other than it involves a book made of lego.

The other sets are playsets that are stored inside of a book, and contain detachable elements and play features. The HP books are a more clear evolution of the Disney books than they are the Ideas book.

29 minutes ago, strangely said:

The Ideas set is emulating a pop up book and is basically a display item that caters to a different audience. As a result I can't say it's overly comparable to the other sets other than it involves a book made of lego.

The other sets are playsets that are stored inside of a book, and contain detachable elements and play features. The HP books are a more clear evolution of the Disney books than they are the Ideas book.

Then again... the Disney books might not even exist without the Pop-Up book...

22 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Then again... the Disney books might not even exist without the Pop-Up book...

The Disney pop-up books are based on the Disney movies, which are in their turn based on old fairytales which we're published in (you guessed it) books. I highly doubt the Ideas set had anything to do with the creation of those sets, it's just a good idea that makes sense within the context of the property. 

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I assume they also got the info from the same type of picture so they can be wrong, however would not be surprised it it is Cho :shrug_oh_well:

[...]

Cho and Diggory? They are older so makes no sense to include them

I had seen two leaked pictures on IG, both from a catalogue, one included some text in German as to the products. I figured Promobricks had taken the descriptions from that, possibly in its original (not photographed) form. (I'm assuming that's what TLG ship to the buyers of stores so they can place their orders.)

Diggory especially was three years older. It's a very odd choice, and so typical of the lack of Hufflepuff love in the series's treatment. Like they couldn't think of any others? How about giving us Hannah or Ernie or Justin??

7 hours ago, Seaber said:

Yeah, a CoMC (Hagrid, Harry, Malfoy with brickbuilt Buckbeak and trees), Divination (Trelawney, Neville and Hermione, with tables, crystal balls and tea cups) and DADA (lots of possibilities here!) would work well as a second series if there were to be one. Struggling to think of a fourth, maybe the Great Hall during the Duelling Club? That'd be a good way to shoe horn a Hufflepuff in at least! 

There were seven core courses (Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Herbology (representing the four houses neatly), DADA (ever rotating profs, but this would be a nice way to offer us an affordable Lockhart (and pixies!) or cheaper Lupin), Astronomy, History of Magic (Binns!)) and five electives offered from third year on (Divination, CoMC, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, and Muggle Studies). Of the core courses, Astronomy might be a hard sell, though, as most people are hard pressed to name the instructor, and I don't think the actress had a single line in the films. Similarly, Ancient Runes and Arithmancy may as well have never taken place. 

Duelling Club is a very nice idea. Or Divination could be done a second time with Firenze (the nag!) in his forest classroom, because it was very different to Trelawney's and he focused more on stars, and she was all about the tea leaves... Maybe Frog choir, but I'm not sure what you could put in it beyond Flitwick (yet again), two students and a bunch of frogs... Maybe the library with Pince, but libraries tend to have high piece counts. Personally, for all the time they spent there, I wouldn't mind more fittings for an Infirmary (or at least a Poppy Pomfrey as a CMF), and I would really love a set of the houses (which almost guarantees it'll never happen... :laugh:), each with the house ghost and two students. (But then I guess they pared the ghosts back for the movies... :sad:) And I don't understand why they're so reluctant to give us different uniforms. :shrug_confused: Not everyone identifies Gryffindor. :wink:

7 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Flying Class would also be a good 4th choice. Hooch is the only event exclusive character that didn't receive an alternative way to get her.

Curious, what would you want them to include beyond the two students & teacher format, each with brooms? Neville's Remembrall was the only thing that came to my mind.

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

How about giving us Hannah or Ernie or Justin??

There was a Hannah included in the minifigure pack this year, and she's not a big enough character really to warrant being in two relatively cheap sets within twelve months. The absence of Ernie and Justin are mysteries mind, though I feel like Justin's being saved for a Duelling Club set - it is his only real contribution to the films, after all. Not sure where Ernie will ever fit in though, these sets are sort of his now-or-never moment.

I agree with the above comments. I understand why each set has at least one of the main trio included, but it would be good to have more of the other houses included and not just the grey jumper torso but Hogwarts robes and quidditch uniforms.

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I assume they also got the info from the same type of picture so they can be wrong, however would not be surprised it it is Cho :shrug_oh_well:

This is just another sign sign that Lego are saving figs for a evergreen theme.

• Gryffindor in every set is a waste. They could have given us the teacher and two students from her/his house in a set. One we have gotten before and a new one in addition to update the teacher.
  • Cho and Diggory? They are older so makes no sense to include them

Looking away from the fact that we are mostly getting old characters, the sets look really good and I hope we are getting a Care of Magical Creatures in the future:sweet:

It really is a shame, understandable though, from a target audience perspective. We would absolutely buy these books if it came with only House students that go with the book. I’d actually prefer non named characters over repeats(while of course some new names characters would be best). 

8 hours ago, just_one said:

need some feedback / ideas on a project from more experience builders : 

im gonna build diagon alley on a normal modular baseplate since the normal diagon alley is build in half of a normal modular baseplate i was thinking of building the front of the set with 2x2 tiles , 1x1 tiles and some 1x1 bricks so that i can put minifigs on without them falling
im asking feedback/help on which colour or colours should i use
i have to buy them on bricklink thats why im asking for help from experience mocs builder

For securing minifigs to sidewalks, I go with 2x2 jumpers. 

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

There were seven core courses (Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Herbology (representing the four houses neatly), DADA (ever rotating profs, but this would be a nice way to offer us an affordable Lockhart (and pixies!) or cheaper Lupin), Astronomy, History of Magic (Binns!)) and five electives offered from third year on (Divination, CoMC, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, and Muggle Studies). Of the core courses, Astronomy might be a hard sell, though, as most people are hard pressed to name the instructor, and I don't think the actress had a single line in the films. Similarly, Ancient Runes and Arithmancy may as well have never taken place. 

Duelling Club is a very nice idea. Or Divination could be done a second time with Firenze (the nag!) in his forest classroom, because it was very different to Trelawney's and he focused more on stars, and she was all about the tea leaves... Maybe Frog choir, but I'm not sure what you could put in it beyond Flitwick (yet again), two students and a bunch of frogs... Maybe the library with Pince, but libraries tend to have high piece counts. Personally, for all the time they spent there, I wouldn't mind more fittings for an Infirmary (or at least a Poppy Pomfrey as a CMF), and I would really love a set of the houses (which almost guarantees it'll never happen... :laugh:), each with the house ghost and two students. (But then I guess they pared the ghosts back for the movies... :sad:) And I don't understand why they're so reluctant to give us different uniforms. :shrug_confused: Not everyone identifies Gryffindor. :wink:

One big thing you're forgetting is that these sets are all based on the movies, not the books. So things like History of Magic, Binns, Divination with Firenze and Madam Pince aren't likely to ever be made.

10 minutes ago, The Real Walkers said:

What about an Infirmary set? Not a class, of course, but a fairly well-known location in the building...

We already have that in the Clocktower set, the only addition I think we'll get to it is a Madam Pomfrey figure

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We already have that in the Clocktower set, the only addition I think we'll get to it is a Madam Pomfrey figure

Perhaps a petrified Colin and Hermione with dual expressions? :P I’d really like to see printed short legs for young Hermione btw. 

Ooh, I'm loving the look of those books! They feel like a throwback to the first HP sets - a cheap way to get some figs along with a bare-bones classroom setting - which is fitting given the fact that next year is Lego HP's 20th anniversary. It's annoying that they felt the need to shoehorn a Gryffindor into the sets that are supposed to highlight the other houses, but at least they're not all Harry for once. Come to think of it, I don't think there has been a set without Harry since the first few waves of the theme, so these feel like a throwback in that sense too.

2 hours ago, Oky said:

Ooh, I'm loving the look of those books! They feel like a throwback to the first HP sets - a cheap way to get some figs along with a bare-bones classroom setting - which is fitting given the fact that next year is Lego HP's 20th anniversary. It's annoying that they felt the need to shoehorn a Gryffindor into the sets that are supposed to highlight the other houses, but at least they're not all Harry for once. Come to think of it, I don't think there has been a set without Harry since the first few waves of the theme, so these feel like a throwback in that sense too.

Well last year's beauxbatons carriage didn't have a harry minifirgure, but I do agree. It is nice to have some sets without Harry for a change. 

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

One big thing you're forgetting is that these sets are all based on the movies, not the books. So things like History of Magic, Binns, Divination with Firenze and Madam Pince aren't likely to ever be made.

Yeah, between that and Sod's law... :laugh: Seems like the more I want it, the less likely they are to go there. (Really wanted Hagrid's motorbike in the Privet Drive set, for example; we got yet another car instead.) Although to be fair, I think a good portion of wanting a thing is because they haven't gone and aren't likely to go somewhere. But! They did release a Peeves in the first series (2001), and he never made it to the movies either, so I live in hope. (Yeah, my tastes skew more bookwards.)

Curious, along those lines, how much does that influence most of your (crack) wish lists (book vs. movie content), and does anyone find themselves wanting a purely movie character like Nigel Wolpert or Bem? (Can't presently think of another - maybe how they swapped Blaise in for Crabbe in DH2 - but you get the idea...) 

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And now I'd really like a Pomfrey bearing Skele-grow CMF... :classic: Preferably not a printed tile. (I swear there was one in an early set, flask with bone maybe, but I can't find it on bricklink right now. Does anyone remember something like that? A 1x2 printed tile?) If they went all out, they could do a flask with a printed bone, similar to the Monster Scientist's from CMF series 14.

7 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Perhaps a petrified Colin and Hermione with dual expressions? :P I’d really like to see printed short legs for young Hermione btw. 

Ooooo! Yes! Please! Petrification victims! Hermione could have a page on basilisks with a note, "pipes". Didn't know how much I wanted it until you mentioned it. :laugh:

I'm worried we'd just get a cloth skirt which is often iffy for the size. (Think: Lisa Simpson.) Or worse, a printed 1x2 block. What would you like to see by way of printing? I'm trying to picture it. 

11 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

There was a Hannah included in the minifigure pack this year, and she's not a big enough character really to warrant being in two relatively cheap sets within twelve months.

Damn, right you are, my bad. I had just looked at that set in the shop and groaned, not another Harry/Cho/Draco... (Don't understand how we went from no Chos to apparently four in one series, and individual ones at that. (A little salty, because I need uniforms...) If it's about more diversity, very welcome, but pretty please give me a Blaise and a Lee.) The one extra fig wasn't enough to make up for the three repeats at that price. 

30 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Yeah, between that and Sod's law... :laugh: Seems like the more I want it, the less likely they are to go there. (Really wanted Hagrid's motorbike in the Privet Drive set, for example; we got yet another car instead.) Although to be fair, I think a good portion of wanting a thing is because they haven't gone and aren't likely to go somewhere. But! They did release a Peeves in the first series (2001), and he never made it to the movies either, so I live in hope. (Yeah, my tastes skew more bookwards.)

Peeves was originally supposed to be in the movie though, there are some pictures out there showing what he would've looked like.

15 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I had seen two leaked pictures on IG, both from a catalogue, one included some text in German as to the products. I figured Promobricks had taken the descriptions from that, possibly in its original (not photographed) form. (I'm assuming that's what TLG ship to the buyers of stores so they can place their orders.)

That is possible, but they had Diggory with question mark so I assumed they just looked at the picture and guessed the figs as best they could or maybe fhe figs where not named in the text:shrug_oh_well: Oh well we will know for sure soon anyway :classic:

23 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Hooch is the only event exclusive character that didn't receive an alternative way to get her.

What about Boggart Snape?

3 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

Well last year's beauxbatons carriage didn't have a harry minifirgure, but I do agree. It is nice to have some sets without Harry for a change. 

Ah yes, I forgot about that one. Still, it's much less common now than back then.

They did release a Peeves in the first series (2001), and he never made it to the movies either, so I live in hope.

Well, the first run of HP sets seemed to be mostly based on the books (considering how different they were from the movies). The current reboot is purely based on the movies, so no Peeves I'm afraid. :sceptic: Fortunately, the old Peeves can be integrated into the modern sets quite easily due to being gray. He even has the white pupils that modern figs do! (Was he the first fig to feature those?) All he needs is a hat. Too bad the jester's hat doesn't come in grayscale.

And now I'd really like a Pomfrey bearing Skele-grow CMF... :classic: Preferably not a printed tile. (I swear there was one in an early set, flask with bone maybe, but I can't find it on bricklink right now. Does anyone remember something like that? A 1x2 printed tile?)

You mean the bag with a bone and spider?

6 hours ago, Oky said:

So far only the Beauxbatons carriage didn't include Harry in the reboot.

Edited by Salix

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Course but we've also already got a Potions classroom (a few) and, technically, Herbology! It doesn't seem whether or not the room has appeared before dictates: otherwise, there'd be limited potential for anything in the future (no DADA). Just a thought!

4 hours ago, Oky said:

Wow! Absolutely brilliant! :grin: Well recognised, especially as I conflated the representation of the bone mending charm (not sure if it was canonically an Episkey) with the skelegrow, but that must have been it. It makes perfect sense in the old quidditch practice set 4726, too. Seeing as we've never had an infirmary in the earlier sets or a Pomfrey, and it isn't in either of the old sets with Lockhart, that must have been the thing I was trying to recall. Thank you! 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Bogart Snape isn't an ''event exclusive character''

... aaaaand now I want a DADA classroom with Lupin, Neville, Boggart Snape and the Bogart cabinet in the next group. (I don't think we've ever had a cabinet as such... Just that swivel door in 4752.)

5 hours ago, Oky said:

Fortunately, the old Peeves can be integrated into the modern sets quite easily due to being gray. He even has the white pupils that modern figs do! (Was he the first fig to feature those?) All he needs is a hat. Too bad the jester's hat doesn't come in grayscale.

So I checked bricklink. Ignoring the 111 heads with no date of issue, white pupil highlights go back as far as 1996. As for 2001, almost all of the HP figs have them, except Hagrid and maybe Dumbledore. (His pic isn't too clear.) 

I so need a greyscale jester's hat! :classic: