Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Dude, it literally looks like cho and promobricks has said it. Dont be stubborn about a figure.

No one gets any points for being right or wrong, if it is cho, you can be happy knowing it is cho. If it turns out not to be cho, it doesn't really change anything, I'm sure it'll be good whatever the outcome. 

I think what is more important and needs to be figured out, is wth is going on with how bent that toe finger is that's holding the page down :laugh:

Edited by Fuppylodders

2 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

No one gets any points for being right or wrong, if it is cho, you can be happy knowing it is cho. If it turns out not to be cho, it doesn't really change anything, I'm sure it'll be good whatever the outcome. 

I think what is more important and needs to be figured out, is wth is going on with how bent that toe finger is that's holding the page down :laugh:

Oh my god, that toe finger looks extremely bent

Pretty funny how this guy has all these pictures in a catalogue with good quality and everything and still manages to capture these leaks with a potato

From what I can make out, these sets look much been than I was anticipating. Might pick up the Ravenclaw pack, not only because I’m a Ravenclaw but for the new Choo and the Flitwick and try to incorporate into the empty portions of the Great Hall tower, since it’s the more PS based portion of the classroom.

I’m more excited now than I was when we originally heard. The finer details & minifigs will kinda be the make or break moment for me on how excited I will be to get them. What I can see they’re a lot more substantial than I thought they were. 

I don’t see how that can be Cho...they’ve made it clear she’s to be done how she is. Either way, if that turns out to be a correct Cho, that just means we have another “random” Hogwarts student. 

After seeing these images, I am sort of pumped. I really like all the side builds and will probably find a nice spot to put them in a my Hogwarts. The figs are a bit boring, but the actual class room builds are really good and provide good scenery. This has probably already been covered, but how do they connect together. I can't see from the images, but I think it was mentioned when they were first leaked. 

34 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

After seeing these images, I am sort of pumped. I really like all the side builds and will probably find a nice spot to put them in a my Hogwarts. The figs are a bit boring, but the actual class room builds are really good and provide good scenery. This has probably already been covered, but how do they connect together. I can't see from the images, but I think it was mentioned when they were first leaked. 

Honestly... I don't mind the figures like that. All I can really say is that I'm impressed.

Weird  color question. I had a look at the leaked images for the 4 books. I can’t make out the color of the blue/purple one. At first I thought it was the lighting on the pictures but I can clearly make out the other colors. Is it lavender? Some light blue? Could that be a new color? 

Edited by Megbricks

I think I was expecting to be disappointed by the books, but honestly, they might be some of my favorite sets so far.

They really capture the look of the classrooms and the book function is actually pretty good too. It really feels like Lego took the Disney Princess book concept and reworked it into a much better product. I have to give the designers major credit for really making that concept work. I don't even mind the stickered windows (I'm assuming they're stickers). I can easily see myself getting duplicates of these.

Hopefully the minifigures turn out as wonderfully as the builds. Good job Lego!

So, the new A Christmas Carol promo set has a new face print for Tiny Tim, with brown eyebrows and an alternate face covered in soot. It doesn't look a whole lot like Seamus Finnegan, but I think there's a possibility they could use it for him in the Slytherin book set as opposed to the standard boy head.

1 hour ago, Tommy269 said:

It’s too early to be bummed out by the minifgs, as they’re not finalized yet. Either way though, more house sweaters for Hufflepuff & Ravenclaw.

38 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Weird  color question. I had a look at the leaked images for the 4 books. I can’t make out the color of the blue/purple one. At first I thought it was the lighting on the pictures but I can clearly make out the other colors. Is it lavender? Some light blue? Could that be a new color? 

It appears to be sand blue. Being the Ravenclaw book, it has to be a blue book. 

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

@strangely - let's not forget about the pop-up book...

These sets are more like the Disney Princess sets than the Ideas one though. Especially if you look at price.

With all the recent film delays, I‘d say there‘s no chance in hell FB3 will make its 2021 release date. So that means it will probably be pushed back to november 2022, right when FB4 was originally supposed to hit cinemas :distressed:

Of course we don‘t know what TLG had planned for FB3 (if anything), but I wouldn‘t be surprised if the set list @Guyon2002 reported might get trimmed by an entry or two :sceptic:

I think those books are a real clever idea. Full with stuff that you could use in Mocs or to flesh out your HP wizardcastle. Also good for not frequent lego buyers, but HPlovers. Heck, if your into fantasy you could even use these i guess

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Of course we don‘t know what TLG had planned for FB3 (if anything), but I wouldn‘t be surprised if the set list @Guyon2002 reported might get trimmed by an entry or two :sceptic:

I don't follow the FB film news, do we know how far through production it was? 

The books look really nice, as everything has to fold away there is obviously not much depth, but I think the design is really interesting. I think the Transfiguration one will be my favourite, shame that is the most blurred photo though!

The 'Cho' figure has the same hair and same wand colour as the CMF. There aren't any other film Ravenclaws who look like that. 

Edited by Seaber

15 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

promobricks said it was cho. :shrug_confused:

I assume they also got the info from the same type of picture so they can be wrong, however would not be surprised it it is Cho :shrug_oh_well:

13 hours ago, krimimimi said:

It looks like they're including at least one Gryffindor student with each of the sets, which is a shame. I was looking forward to finally getting some uniforms from other houses.

This is just another sign sign that Lego are saving figs for a evergreen theme.

• Gryffindor in every set is a waste. They could have given us the teacher and two students from her/his house in a set. One we have gotten before and a new one in addition to update the teacher.
  • Cho and Diggory? They are older so makes no sense to include them

Looking away from the fact that we are mostly getting old characters, the sets look really good and I hope we are getting a Care of Magical Creatures in the future:sweet:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Looking away from the fact that we are mostly getting old characters, the sets look really good and I hope we are getting a Care of Magical Creatures in the future:sweet:

Yeah, a CoMC (Hagrid, Harry, Malfoy with brickbuilt Buckbeak and trees), Divination (Trelawney, Neville and Hermione, with tables, crystal balls and tea cups) and DADA (lots of possibilities here!) would work well as a second series if there were to be one. Struggling to think of a fourth, maybe the Great Hall during the Duelling Club? That'd be a good way to shoe horn a Hufflepuff in at least! 

13 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Yeah, a CoMC (Hagrid, Harry, Malfoy with brickbuilt Buckbeak and trees), Divination (Trelawney, Neville and Hermione, with tables, crystal balls and tea cups) and DADA (lots of possibilities here!) would work well as a second series if there were to be one. Struggling to think of a fourth, maybe the Great Hall during the Duelling Club? That'd be a good way to shoe horn a Hufflepuff in at least! 

Flying Class would also be a good 4th choice. Hooch is the only event exclusive character that didn't receive an alternative way to get her.

38 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

With all the recent film delays, I‘d say there‘s no chance in hell FB3 will make its 2021 release date. So that means it will probably be pushed back to november 2022, right when FB4 was originally supposed to hit cinemas :distressed:

Of course we don‘t know what TLG had planned for FB3 (if anything)

It is unfortunate, but likely that the film will get delayed if the pandemic do not end soon (nothing is pointing in that direction), and I guess that they will not give us FB sets unless they are backed by a film :sceptic:

9 minutes ago, Seaber said:

with brickbuilt Buckbeak

No no no, no brick-built animals please at least not those that have a mould :tongue: maybe niffler treasure hunt class from book 4 could be an alternative :classic:

I think those are brilliant. I think there are lots of elements there that can be implemented into the existing sets.

I kind of hope we get more of these sort of sets. There were a couple of rooms in the Hogwarts sets like Dumbledore’s Office and the DADA classroom that (whilst fine) could’ve been much better. Opportunity for them to be remade here.

Does anyone know when will the burrow be in stock on the u.s shop at home website?

Also if i want to do a large krder is it really that beneficial for me to wait until black Friday deals?

6 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Does anyone know when will the burrow be in stock on the u.s shop at home website?

Also if i want to do a large krder is it really that beneficial for me to wait until black Friday deals?

It'll be in stock when the next production run becomes available, we're not insiders so we have no clue when that'll be. 

Regarding Black Friday it's really your own choice, just don't expect anything major from LEGO themselves as the BF deals have been pretty lame for the last few years (at least imo). 

Edited by Guyon2002

need some feedback / ideas on a project from more experience builders : 

im gonna build diagon alley on a normal modular baseplate since the normal diagon alley is build in half of a normal modular baseplate i was thinking of building the front of the set with 2x2 tiles , 1x1 tiles and some 1x1 bricks so that i can put minifigs on without them falling
im asking feedback/help on which colour or colours should i use
i have to buy them on bricklink thats why im asking for help from experience mocs builder

Edited by just_one

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

These sets are more like the Disney Princess sets than the Ideas one though. Especially if you look at price.

But it's brick built...