Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Both this year and in 2019 (can't remember what it was like in 2018) nearly all our Potter info came from Toy Fair, the rest were minifigure leaks.

OK, then wonder how long we will have to wait for news the next year *huh* I assume we will get some info before the sets are in shops anyway, we already gotten a detailed description about several January sets so :wink:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Both this year and in 2019 (can't remember what it was like in 2018) nearly all our Potter info came from Toy Fair, the rest were minifigure leaks.

This is true, but we didn’t actually get the info from TF until much later due to all the secrecy surrounding it

35 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

This is true, but we didn’t actually get the info from TF until much later due to all the secrecy surrounding it

Are you talking about the previous two years? Because this year, we got a lot of info during the Nuremberg Toy Fair, courtesy of a German youtuber who attended. His information was worded confusingly, but ended up being true 100%. It was on Feb 1st if you want to check for yourselves :wink:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Are you talking about the previous two years? Because this year, we got a lot of info during the Nuremberg Toy Fair, courtesy of a German youtuber who attended. His information was worded confusingly, but ended up being true 100%. It was on Feb 1st if you want to check for yourselves :wink:

And Luckybricks' Instagram page was also a fantastic source for info, also originating from TF though :def_shrug:

What are the odds of us getting expansions to Diagon Alley, like Gringotts? I keep finding it strange how arguably the most or one of the most iconic buildings was omitted from this set, other than the layout wouldn't quite work out. Are they saving it for the later movies as a standalone set with the dragon?

6 minutes ago, DuckBricks said:

What are the odds of us getting expansions to Diagon Alley, like Gringotts? I keep finding it strange how arguably the most or one of the most iconic buildings was omitted from this set, other than the layout wouldn't quite work out. Are they saving it for the later movies as a standalone set with the dragon?

Almost guaranteed I would say. 

59 minutes ago, DuckBricks said:

I'd say Gringotts is pretty much guaranteed, it's too big to miss out on. But I have to admit I doubt we'll see anything else :def_shrug:

Edited by Guyon2002

I'd say Gringotts is pretty much guaranteed, it's too big to miss out on. But I have to admit I doubt we'll see anything else :def_shrug:

Really hope we also see B&B at some point and I feel like we probably will but I think anything beyond those two are too much to hope for as much as I would love the Leaky Cauldron

We had Gringotts in 2011, so not sure if it will be remade...

35 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

We also had Ollivanders in 2011, but they remade that. You never know what will happen.

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

That rendition of the theme is irrelevant, they’ve remade pretty much everything from that run already

12 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That rendition of the theme is irrelevant, they’ve remade pretty much everything from that run already

Correct. Though there are still some left out after all...

3 hours ago, Brick Guru said:

We also had Ollivanders in 2011, but they remade that. You never know what will happen.

But I believe it would have been in set 75978...

On 9/22/2020 at 10:33 AM, JintaiZ said:

Another small part of Hogwarts Castle???

no way

8 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

The 2018-now waves are a reboot, improving on sets from the past is kinda this theme's thing. It's not all of them but quite a lot of sets we got are remakes of older sets

13 hours ago, DuckBricks said:

I would say a Gringotts is a safe bet since it never was part of the planning for the DA. I really hope we get other sets from DA, but if the bank is not a add on set (instead is a standalone set in a different scale) I think the chance are a lot lower :def_shrug:

35 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I would say a Gringotts is a safe bet since it never was part of the planning for the DA. I really hope we get other sets from DA, but if the bank is not a add on set (instead is a standalone set in a different scale) I think the chance are a lot lower :def_shrug:

So expansion packs pretty much?

12 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Every set from 2010 and 2011 has been been remade with the exception of gringotts, freeing dobby and the 2 deathly hallows sets (forbidden forest and battle of hogwarts) I dont see most of these not being made next year

45 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Every set from 2010 and 2011 has been been remade with the exception of gringotts, freeing dobby and the 2 deathly hallows sets (forbidden forest and battle of hogwarts) I dont see most of these not being made next year

Gringotts was in 40289...

Burgin and Burkes still missing

2 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Gringotts was in 40289...

Burgin and Burkes still missing

True but this wave has changed how hogwarts is released releasing it in parts rather than all together 

Diagon alley can go the same way. I did forget borgin and burkes but the point still stands. Next year will cover deathly hallows sets and the ideal time for sets like Gringotts battle of hogwarts and forbidden forest. Freeing dobby won't be remade and we really can't say about Borgin and Burkes as it could be a wave in 2022 or 23 if the theme continues 

I think there are a couple of options for expanding Diagon Alley. Gringotts will have to come at some point, and I think it would work well enough on its own, or it could be in a second DA set. Though there’s a chance that a second DA set *plus* a separate Gringotts is possible. Heck, they might even give us a Knocturn Alley set.

I think a Gringotts & Leaky Cauldron & Eeylops Owl Emporium & Borgin + Burke’s would be a popular set (and I think they are the most likely missing buildings to appear) but can just as easily see that without Gringotts and some other additions instead.

Edited by williejm
Typo

3 hours ago, williejm said:

I think there are a couple of options for expanding Diagon Alley. Gringotts will have to come at some point, and I think it would work well enough on its pan, or it could be in a second DA set. Though there’s a chance that a second DA set *plus* a separate Gringotts is possible. Heck, they might even give us a Knocturn Alley set.

I think a Gringotts & Leaky Cauldron & Eeylops Owl Emporium & Borgin + Burke’s would be a popular set (and I think they are the most likely missing buildings to appear) but can just as easily see that without Gringotts and some other additions instead.

I agree, in my opinion that would complete DA, and those are exactly what I would have picked.  Not sure how likely it is that we’d get the Owl Emporium as a stand alone set but I would love to see it.  
I think Knockturn Alley could be a possibility as well given we saw the sign for it in the set? 

Personally I’m hoping for some very detailed common rooms and dorms As standalone sets but to be able to attach to Hogwarts next year.    

On 9/29/2020 at 12:39 PM, sebastian666 said:

As we discuss the potential of a few Diagon Alley expansion sets, which I am so excited about, I thought I’d share this Madam Malkin’s / Pottage’s MOC by @jl.bricks that I came across on Instagram. Madam Malkin’s would be a great way to get a few different Slytherin / Hufflepuff / Ravenclaw robes. And Pottages is so iconic to Diagon Alley with that towering stack of cauldrons. Love it.

This looks great! Exactly what I was hoping for regarding expansions. To balance each side of the street, I would love one more edit that includes The Owl store and one more building

14 hours ago, williejm said:

This sounds like a likely layout. Considering we got Scribbulus though, anything is possible. For selfish reasons, as far as funds go, I’d like to see a smaller DA set this go round. So Gringotts, Leaky Cauldron & Eeylops sounds perfect to me. 

How would they market B&B connecting though? Ideally you’d attach it to the Technic pin that is outside Wheezes...but attaching a set that would block half of the adjoining building seems odd. Attaching them fully back to back, sure, that closes off the interiors. 

Edited by Vindicare

9 hours ago, Vindicare said:

This sounds like a likely layout. Considering we got Scribbulus though, anything is possible. For selfish reasons, as far as funds go, I’d like to see a smaller DA set this go round. So Gringotts, Leaky Cauldron & Eeylops sounds perfect to me. 

How would they market B&B connecting though? Ideally you’d attach it to the Technic pin that is outside Wheezes...but attaching a set that would block half of the adjoining building seems odd. Attaching them fully back to back, sure, that closes off the interiors. 

Here's a solution: Just display them separately :P

21 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Here's a solution: Just display them separately :P

That would just be boring to me, I would want to connect anything that can connect and/or is meant to be connected