Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Sadly no I cant remember and It will be a bit before I get to talk to my source again.  

Lol how convenient :hmpf:

Back here for the first time in awhile. Was hoping I could find some DA expansion MOC’s or at least a solution to make QQS fit the rest of the buildings more. TBH, the more I look at QQS in my room, the more hideous it looks. If I had more time I would try to make an edit of it myself, but I just can’t find the time. And no not a recolor, just make about Daily Prophet it’s own building and move the second window a little more to the left.

Having built the Elf Clubhouse & pairing it with last year’s Gingerbread House, I’m seeing a start to a decent Hogsmeade. The pitched roofs are what really feels like the village. At least use it as a blueprint for those, like myself, who aren’t MOCers. They would need some big time de-Christmasing...and color changes. 

10 hours ago, Seaber said:

Gringotts AND a DA add on? In the same wave? So soon after 75978? Localised entirely within your kitchen?

Obviously would be cool but too soon for something so similar to Diagon Alley I think. 

I think it could be a reasonable strategy from Lego to release Gringotts and another DA shop next year if they are planning to make add on sets to the D2C. It is better to get the first ones out soon after the release of the D2C to make people aware that this is a new collectible series of sets that go together. The modulars and Hogwarts both had 2 sets the first year, maybe to get more people to collect it from the start. The DA is and Gringotts would probably be in the more expensive end of the potential series so a cheaper set would make sense so more people can start collecting right away before they start save up for the biggest sets..

However unless we get some more reliable rumors I do not expect we will get them in January :sceptic:

Seen the rumours regarding a DA add on other than Gringotts. Could this be the leaky cauldron with the entrance build?

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They're replacing the street baseplates with brickbuilt versions, baseplates in general aren't going away

Ah, right you are, that's an important distinction. 

15 hours ago, Seaber said:

Gringotts AND a DA add on? In the same wave? So soon after 75978? Localised entirely within your kitchen?

Obviously would be cool but too soon for something so similar to Diagon Alley I think. 

This made me laugh out loud, bravo!  Years since I saw that episode but it instantly came flooding back and this is a perfect scenario to use the 'Steamed Hams' rationale.  

12 hours ago, Modal said:

Lol how convenient :hmpf:

Back here for the first time in awhile. Was hoping I could find some DA expansion MOC’s or at least a solution to make QQS fit the rest of the buildings more. TBH, the more I look at QQS in my room, the more hideous it looks. If I had more time I would try to make an edit of it myself, but I just can’t find the time. And no not a recolor, just make about Daily Prophet it’s own building and move the second window a little more to the left.

I'm pretty sure I saw a MOD that made the Daily Prophet top match up with Florean's on instagram. I'll look up who it was later today, but they're someone who posts a lot of decent HP MODs that have decent editing skills too

5 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

I'm pretty sure I saw a MOD that made the Daily Prophet top match up with Florean's on instagram. I'll look up who it was later today, but they're someone who posts a lot of decent HP MODs that have decent editing skills too

Sounds like you're referring to this edit made by @Micmac:

He's currently rebuilding the entire set, it looks amazing!

If Belvin Bricks’ source is right then it doesn’t sound like the Ukrainian Ironbelly will be included. That seems like a big detail that the source would have mentioned. I can see us getting the dragon as a separate set similar to the Hungarian Horntail set with a small mine cart build. 

What do folks think this second set could possibly be? My money is on Borgin & Burke’s. There were so many hints at Knockturn Alley in the Diagon Alley set - from the entrance way to Harry’s Floo powder-smudged face.

I would eventually love a Leaky Cauldron set where LEGO could give us some random witches and wizards that we are desperately missing from the Diagon Alley set (Tom the Barman, Daedalus Diggle, Doris Crockford, the Housekeeping Witch, etc.), but I feel like that has less retail potential than Borgin & Burke’s which could include some bad guys and potential conflict.

Just now, sebastian666 said:

What do folks think this second set could possibly be? My money is on Borgin & Burke’s. There were so many hints at Knockturn Alley in the Diagon Alley set - from the entrance way to Harry’s Floo powder-smudged face.

Borgin & Burkes works as both a tie-in to Chamber of Secrets AND Half Blood Prince so it makes the most sense. Though I think they will market it as a COS set.

I don‘t mind a bit of speculation, but this could easily go overbord if we‘re not careful about it. Wouldn‘t be the first time a rumour got traction only because we speculated about it here on EB, creating a vicious circle :head_back:

My 2 cents: If this guy is correct, I‘d like to know why none of the other leakers have heard anything about these two alleged sets. If they‘re not in the retailer catalogue, which has to be the source for most if not all 2021 rumours, they have to be exclusives of sorts, which doesn‘t make much sense. Something‘s fishy here

11 minutes ago, doclord said:

Borgin & Burkes works as both a tie-in to Chamber of Secrets AND Half Blood Prince so it makes the most sense. Though I think they will market it as a COS set.

Making a BaB set based on COS means they'd have to include at least Harry, Draco and Lucius from the big Diagon Alley set. Obviously we'll get another version of Lucius in the future but I highly doubt they'd reuse that specific CoS figure, especially considering DA already doesn't have many exclusive figures :def_shrug:

4 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Yea it’s @Micmac ! Unfortunately he is going a different direction with his MOC, which is amazing, but different than the initial photoshop. Would love someone to try to recreate this specific edit though!

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Toy Fair has now offically been delayed to summer 2021, looks like leak season for Potter will be pretty boring next year :distressed:

Bummer. The other two (London & New York) are still scheduled for their usual dates, but even if they aren’t delayed, they‘ll be of little use to us :sceptic: Oh well, at least there are the January sets to tide us over until March, when the minifig leaks for the summer wave should start

Edit: spoke too soon, the NYTF has been cancelled :sad: So only the LTF remains and looking at the situation in the UK, it won‘t be long until that one is cancelled or delayed as well 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Here is what I'm going to do about what i find to be the issue with the QQS building.

The two massive windows looks too cartoony and out of scale with everythign else in the set. 

reducing the size of the windows, dropping them lower down (like the movie) and adding a pair of smaller windows higher up.

Wanted to have the windowboard(?) in dark tan but the piece does not exist in that color.

diagon-alley-fix2.png

the extra pieces needed for the window change are minimal:

pieces.png

Edited by deskp

I really hope this guy is right, but it seems very sketchy considering he's kind of coming out of the blue as a leaker. I guess he seems sincere? Doesn't mean his information will be correct though, but at least he's not just a new Instagram account wanting to troll.

Thankfully we should know soon enough whether he's reliable or not. January is right around the corner in... three months. :tongue:

Between Ninjago City Gardens, an (unconfirmed) modular and possible expansions to DA, January will be an expensive month.

As we discuss the potential of a few Diagon Alley expansion sets, which I am so excited about, I thought I’d share this Madam Malkin’s / Pottage’s MOC by @jl.bricks that I came across on Instagram. Madam Malkin’s would be a great way to get a few different Slytherin / Hufflepuff / Ravenclaw robes. And Pottages is so iconic to Diagon Alley with that towering stack of cauldrons. Love it.

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sounds like you're referring to this edit made by @Micmac:

He's currently rebuilding the entire set, it looks amazing!

13 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

8 hours ago, Modal said:

Yea it’s @Micmac ! Unfortunately he is going a different direction with his MOC, which is amazing, but different than the initial photoshop. Would love someone to try to recreate this specific edit though!

Yeah I actually never built the set from instructions, I went straight into my moc as I had decided on the new sizes of the shops and what I was going to alter. I might have tried my initial idea if I had built them normally on the baseplate first but I was too excited to do my bigger floor plan idea. I'm not finished QQS yet but this is what the new facade looks like after alterations. By ditching the baseplate I could reduce the width of the building and make the right side more balanced.

qqstop

In response to the new "leaks" I don't believe them. I have nothing against the guy but I think it just seems like we would have heard about it before then also it mentions that Gringotts would be 26 studs in length making it smaller than QQS I am sorry but I just can't see that happening. Also it says there will be a total of 4 new $100 Diagon alley sets before the end of summer 2021 am I the only one who finds that highly unlikely in the deathly hallows/battle of Hogwarts themed wave? I think Grinngotts is fairly likely next summer but I highly doubt we are getting anything more than 2 new buildings for DA in 2020/2021. That said I would love to be proven wrong but just don't see it happening.

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Toy Fair has now offically been delayed to summer 2021, looks like leak season for Potter will be pretty boring next year :distressed:

15 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Bummer. The other two (London & New York) are still scheduled for their usual dates, but even if they aren’t delayed, they‘ll be of little use to us :sceptic: Oh well, at least there are the January sets to tide us over until March, when the minifig leaks for the summer wave should start

Edit: spoke too soon, the NYTF has been cancelled :sad: So only the LTF remains and looking at the situation in the UK, it won‘t be long until that one is cancelled or delayed as well 

The toy fairs have been giving us less info every year now, so it is not so big a deal as it would have been some year ago I would say. However we got a decent amount of info from the German fair last year.. Maybe Lego will do some kind of online presentation for the shops, or they will have to order sets from names and prices only :def_shrug:

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The toy fairs have been giving us less info every year now, so it is not so big a deal as it would have been some year ago I would say. However we got a decent amount of info from the German fair last year.. Maybe Lego will do some kind of online presentation for the shops, or they will have to order sets from names and prices only :def_shrug:

Both this year and in 2019 (can't remember what it was like in 2018) nearly all our Potter info came from Toy Fair, the rest were minifigure leaks.